This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar NYK2010 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

The Miami Heat is going to have to use their MLE.
    Who should they target?

I think they should really try to target Chauncey Billups or Kendrick Perkins. Either of those players will be a perfect fit for the team. If that fails, Roger Mason, Dalembert, or Nene seem like good targets as well.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I think we should wait until the CBA situation is resolved. IF the league goes to a hard cap, there won’t be a MLE.

STATnMelo
    Participant

Chauncey Billups and Tyson Chandler

Billups and Chalmers at PG

James/Wade/Miller on the Wings

Bosh/Haslem/Chandler/Anthony Inside

Ghost01
    Participant

Chauncey Billups? Have you watched a single game of his this year? he is DONE. Like finished. Like about to take his Antawn Jamison jump off the deep end dive into obscurity. The last tihng this team needs is a washed up, thinks hes better than he is point guard, who was never a good passer to begin with and will just slow them down.

Perkins, on the other hand, would be PERFECT for them.

STATnMelo
    Participant

Daniel Gibson who has a player option that year he would fit with this team at the point while they focus on a Big Man in 2011

mgreener_34
    Participant

The way centers are getting paid in this league theres no way they are getting a Sammy D or Kendrick Perkins. 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I think Perkins should leave Boston, with an aging Garnett, Allen, Pierce and the O’Neals, they really have no future left after these next two years, and if the lockout happens, this is the last season they’ll play together, at a high level atleast.

Even in 2012, they can sign Hinrich, Bayless, Nash, Foye, or even Dooling.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

mgeener, guys would take a slight pay cut to win multiple championships, plus Florida has no tax so they can make more money in Miami than in other teams.

QUINCEY HODGES1

Yeah billups would be a good pick up, that 15 and 5ast that hes putting up and the good defense would help them alot. But with the CBA changing they probably wont be able to afford him or any body thats gonna really help them

QUINCEY HODGES1

They would need to take more then a slight one. More like league min which would be higher if they have been in the League for a certain amount of years

Ghost01
    Participant

5 assists is great for a point guard.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

5 assists is great for a PG especially when you have a guy like Carmelo that doesn’t need assists, he can make offense for himself

Ghost01
    Participant

Sorry, this is the first time Ive heard ranking 22nd in the league in something is "great".

QUINCEY HODGES1

Billups has never been a big assist guy. He’s a career 5ast guy. He’s a good player though that’s a fact and a up grade from what the heat has. You obvious haven’t been watching a game like you claim other’s haven’t because Billups is not DONE. How could you even say that when he is close across the board to his career numbers and Denver is winning?????

Ghost01
    Participant

Ofcourse hes a big upgrade. Kyle Lowry is a big upgrade. The Heat dont have PGs

Why is he done?

1.7 A/T ratio

.365 shooting

Thats bad. You have a knack for ignoring any efficiency statistics and just look at volume numbers. 14.5 and 5 isnt scaring anyone, close to career numbers or not, that is average. And he hasnt been efficient at all. Denver is winning games, you are right. I just dont see him fitting with Miami at all. He would be another guy who would believe hes the "big shot" guy. And him being characterized as a big shot taker is one of the most overblown things in NBA history. Look at the 09 WCF. He choked all series long. its not 2004 anymore.

QUINCEY HODGES1

lol..except Kyle lowery isnt as good as Billups.

Point being anyone who has actually watched Billups knows he’s not DONE

QUINCEY HODGES1

you have a knack for not know what you are talking about. check out his career efficiancy and ast to turnovers. Yeah he clearly is showing He’s done. The problem with that commit is you are the ONLY one who believes that. I bet not one other person would say Billups is done. Not a one

He’s not doing as well as usual but not doing as well doesn’t mean someone is DONE. makes zero sense

Ghost01
    Participant

Kyle Lowry is on a bad team and has more assists.

Ofcourse he isnt as good as Chauncey, but the fact they are statistically similar shows that Billups isnt very impressive. If you think he is still good, fine. I think hes done. I have watched him, consistantly you probably havent. Hes looked downright aweful. Go back to the World Championships. He was a detrimit to that team. 14.5 and 5 means nothing. When AI was putting up 14.5 and 5 he was done, remember?

Ghost01
    Participant

What doesnt make sense?

a 1.7 A.T. ratio is bad. Fact. He is done. Fact. Sorry you guarded him in summer league or some BS i really dont care. I have watched Billups. he sucks this year. 14.5 points isnt good. Hes in company with Grant Hill and Dorrell Wright. Those guys at this point arent exactly stars.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Urbanovreverything

You aren’t going to beat stanford hoops (Quincy) in an argument, this could last days.

Point is, Billups brings something more than stats, he brings leadership, he’s a veteran, gives the game a good pace, toughness, good defense, and he has a ring.

Ghost01
    Participant

I know all about Quincey. Thats fine, I proved my point Im done with it.

4 of the 6 things you named have nothing to do with on court talent which is what is what i base a player’s talents on.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

So then you believe that KG is done?  He was a 14-7 guy last year.

Then you must think Tim Duncan is done, he’s averaging 11 less points and 3 less rebounds than his prime.

Derek Fisher should just get dropped from the Lakers roster.

You know why they stick around?  They have intangibles, leadership, experience, and rings.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

All you do is follow stats, watch and play some basketball kid, you might learn something.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

I don’t think Miami will be able to afford a center like Kendrick Perkins. He’s just 26 and a very good defender in the paint. He won’t be too interested in taking a pay cut to join Miami when he already has a ring with Boston.

Sammy Dalembert is a possibility but I think it’s more likely they grab someone like Joel Pryzbilla who seems like a good fit.

As far as a PG goes, Billups I think would be a terrific fit in Miami. No he he’s not a terrific passer but then he’s never been that. He’s still a highly experienced veteran with savvy defence and the ability to play off the ball and stretch the floor with his outside shot. That being said I’m not sure he’d be interested in a paycut to join Triami either.

TJ Ford might work out in Miami. His game has kinda fallen off rencently so I doubt anybody is going to throw major money at him. His size might be a problem for the Heat defensively but his quickness, ball handling, passing ability, and outside shot should be an immediate improvement. He’ll also be 28 at the beginning of next season which isn’t bad either as a long term investment.

QUINCEY HODGES1

T.J’s stock has actually gone up because of his play. Miami wont be able to add any one who will help them much because of the CBA, might even have to trade/let go of some players unless the league granfather’s in the old contracts

Platypus
    Participant

I keep saying this free agency go big (chandler, perkins, Sammie D, Nazr Mohamed, or Hamed Haddadi)

Then draft a point guard who can shoot (Shelvin Mack or Jimmer Fredette)

OR

Different approach, sign Grant Hill and put LBJ at the point and draft a big defensive center

Ghost01
    Participant

Quincey summed it up.

This is a futile argument, Miami wont be bringing any of these guys in.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Honestly I think Miami is in a bad position for now and the future.  They bet the house on 3 players neglecting that they need atleast 5 to even play the game.  They aren’t going to have any money to sign anybody significant unless its somebody on their less leg like Dampier, now or in the future.  It’s very possibly Miami won’t win one title in these next 6 years.  They got 2 hall of game caliber players but the rest of the roster is just plane bad.  And the system they are playing isn’t great either.  They slow the ball down with Wade and James and all that does is equal the playing field out.  The whole Miami situation is just a lesson in how not to build a team.

NYK2010
    Participant

I agree with most of what Mr. 1934 said except on the Heat missing out on a title for 6 yrs.  They might have to move Bosh for some pieces though as he has value.  They are definatley in trouble when it comes to the cap.  Haslem, Mike Miller and Joel Antony make about 12 million a year combined they should’ve used most of that money on a legit Center instead.

Did someone say mid level for Nene really come on, he’ll probably get minimum 9-10 mill even with the new CBA million there are plenty of teams that have at least 8 or 9 million in cap room.  Perkins will probably get paid not sure why he’d leave Boston for less money to a rival team he has a ring already.  Dalembert he might be the Center they can get if he’s willing to accept the mid level exception.  I do think the mid level exception will still be there most likely even after the new CBA.  Mainly becaz it helps teams over the cap if anything its a benefit for players and teams.  Dalembert would just have to be a rebound and block shots thats it but if another team offer him a big contract nowadays more than ever it seems guy will take the money.  

I think by next year they’ll have the PG situation figured out by either using Lebron as a PG or they will acquire one somehow.  Billups he’ll be close to 36 by the end of the 2011-12 season when the Heat should be contenders that is definately old for a big PG.  Not sure what they are doing at Center Joel Anthony isn’t that good, Big Z, Magloire and Dampier are old and over the hill. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login