This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Rip256 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    trelos6
    Participant

Lebron has become the youngest ever to reach 25,000 points today.

He is currently in 20th place all time.

Look for him in the first half of the season to overtake guys like Jerry West 25,192 pts, Reggie Miller 25,279 pts, Alex English 25,613 pts.

Then he will knock off Pierce, Garnett and Duncan (depending on how they go in the first half of the season).

Rip256

I give that Alley Oop dunk he did today a 48/50

Rip256

I give that Alley Oop dunk he did today a 48/50

ZachAttack
    Participant

As much as I hate the guy, I can’t deny his greatness. He’s truly a basketball god.

ZachAttack
    Participant

As much as I hate the guy, I can’t deny his greatness. He’s truly a basketball god.

trelos6
    Participant

6th in points.

6th in steals.

4th in assists.

15th in rebounds.

3rd in FT’s.

9th in 3’s.

18th in games.

And he’s 30 years old.  I’d say at least 4 more playoff series left in him.  

trelos6
    Participant

6th in points.

6th in steals.

4th in assists.

15th in rebounds.

3rd in FT’s.

9th in 3’s.

18th in games.

And he’s 30 years old.  I’d say at least 4 more playoff series left in him.  

SlickBouncePass
    Participant

He def looks older and you can tell he is caring more for his back.  He is still a behemoth athletically, but obviously he’s trending downward.

Playing in all the finals series will do that to you, so he is trending down.

But in the first half today he did not play well, missed everything outside and inside.  He looks old so I thgouht he was getting old…and then the second half….BAM.  But I wonder if he can play like that for a full game now, we’ll see.  He looked old even locking in on defense…i mean, father time hits everyone.

I still think he will not get 5 rings to match Kobe and Magic.  He may not even get 3 if Kyrie doesn’t come back.  Kevin Love is nothing special.  

He has a lot of wear and tear on his body, and I know I’ll get negged again, but he doesn’t have the offensive skill to rely on (of say a Durant or Curry or even Kobe), to carry him through his mid-30s…

unless of course that athleticism that he’s gifted with never leaves him.  He’s a beast, I used to hate him, but am now starting to respect him since he’s on that decline.  

SlickBouncePass
    Participant

He def looks older and you can tell he is caring more for his back.  He is still a behemoth athletically, but obviously he’s trending downward.

Playing in all the finals series will do that to you, so he is trending down.

But in the first half today he did not play well, missed everything outside and inside.  He looks old so I thgouht he was getting old…and then the second half….BAM.  But I wonder if he can play like that for a full game now, we’ll see.  He looked old even locking in on defense…i mean, father time hits everyone.

I still think he will not get 5 rings to match Kobe and Magic.  He may not even get 3 if Kyrie doesn’t come back.  Kevin Love is nothing special.  

He has a lot of wear and tear on his body, and I know I’ll get negged again, but he doesn’t have the offensive skill to rely on (of say a Durant or Curry or even Kobe), to carry him through his mid-30s…

unless of course that athleticism that he’s gifted with never leaves him.  He’s a beast, I used to hate him, but am now starting to respect him since he’s on that decline.  

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

for the playoffs… Obviously everyone loses a step Post 30 y/o… But for this guy to play in 5 straight Finals that is such a grind on a Human body (even if he is built like a tank)… He played such a smooth, controlled game last night… He allows his teammates to get their points & then whenever the Cavs need it, he presses down on the gas pedal… 

This is why he went back to Cleveland – they have a roster full of young healthy players who can allow him to coast during the regular season so he can maximize his talents in the Playoffs…

Side note – Mo Williams was a Great pick up – he’s going to be a real asset come playoff time…

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

he took shots, its not like he wasn’t trying.  He took a lot of shots and missed a lot of shots.

So you can’t just make every excuse for him.  Even the best players have bad halfs….but he’s a monster.

Can’t believe I’m saying this…but its a pleasure to watch him.  

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

he took shots, its not like he wasn’t trying.  He took a lot of shots and missed a lot of shots.

So you can’t just make every excuse for him.  Even the best players have bad halfs….but he’s a monster.

Can’t believe I’m saying this…but its a pleasure to watch him.  

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

for the playoffs… Obviously everyone loses a step Post 30 y/o… But for this guy to play in 5 straight Finals that is such a grind on a Human body (even if he is built like a tank)… He played such a smooth, controlled game last night… He allows his teammates to get their points & then whenever the Cavs need it, he presses down on the gas pedal… 

This is why he went back to Cleveland – they have a roster full of young healthy players who can allow him to coast during the regular season so he can maximize his talents in the Playoffs…

Side note – Mo Williams was a Great pick up – he’s going to be a real asset come playoff time…

negguary
    Participant

But Jordan played some of his best bball in his 30’s…not saying he’s even close to MJ just saying….he’s definitely coasting.

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

he had 2 years off in between his runs.

he played 3 years of college ball, less taxing than an NBA season with Lebron’s expectations.

He DID play in the 80s, man’s ball.

Lebron going to 5 straight finals….that takes a lot out of someone.  I don’t think he’s just coasting when he misses so many shots in the first half of games, he said it himself, he doesn’t have much room to make his J.

I think he’ll play like a beast for 3 or 4 more seasons max, then will go into decline.

He has 2 chips now, can he get to 6, hell naw.  Not with the Warriors, Spurs, and even the Clippers in the league.  I think they’ll trounce the Thunder.  

SlickBouncePass
      Participant

he had 2 years off in between his runs.

he played 3 years of college ball, less taxing than an NBA season with Lebron’s expectations.

He DID play in the 80s, man’s ball.

Lebron going to 5 straight finals….that takes a lot out of someone.  I don’t think he’s just coasting when he misses so many shots in the first half of games, he said it himself, he doesn’t have much room to make his J.

I think he’ll play like a beast for 3 or 4 more seasons max, then will go into decline.

He has 2 chips now, can he get to 6, hell naw.  Not with the Warriors, Spurs, and even the Clippers in the league.  I think they’ll trounce the Thunder.  

negguary
    Participant

But Jordan played some of his best bball in his 30’s…not saying he’s even close to MJ just saying….he’s definitely coasting.

Rip256

Does Kareems record have an * next to it?

Dude openly admits he was a heavy cannabis user throughout his career. Not sure it applied then, but its a banned substance now.

Barry Bonds has an * for violating drug policy…so why not kareem?

Larry Sanders just wanted to be like his hero.

Rip256

Does Kareems record have an * next to it?

Dude openly admits he was a heavy cannabis user throughout his career. Not sure it applied then, but its a banned substance now.

Barry Bonds has an * for violating drug policy…so why not kareem?

Larry Sanders just wanted to be like his hero.

NBAjunkie81
      Participant

then we’ll have more players w/ Asterisks then w/o – We’d probably have to use the Asterisk to denote guys that did Not use the weed since they be the much smaller number…

NBAjunkie81
      Participant

then we’ll have more players w/ Asterisks then w/o – We’d probably have to use the Asterisk to denote guys that did Not use the weed since they be the much smaller number…

evantomes
      Participant

Kareem didn’t use performance enhancing drugs.

evantomes
      Participant

Kareem didn’t use performance enhancing drugs.

Rip256

Not performancing Enhancing?

Have you tried hitting a skyhook when straight?

Dang-on impossible.

Rip256

Not performancing Enhancing?

Have you tried hitting a skyhook when straight?

Dang-on impossible.

DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64

How many of those points he got in the 4Th Quarter!!!!!!!??????

DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64

How many of those points he got in the 4Th Quarter!!!!!!!??????

Hitster
    Participant

LBJ may look to try and conserve himself more during the regular season but it is an amazing feat to reach 25,000 points by the age of 30. Kobe was averaging 27ppg when he was 34 going on 35 so LBJ should have a fair few years elite scoring left in him still.

He is talking about a likely 5 year max next summer which would take him up until he was 36 years old, so we’d assume he’s looking to play at least until then.

Hitster
    Participant

LBJ may look to try and conserve himself more during the regular season but it is an amazing feat to reach 25,000 points by the age of 30. Kobe was averaging 27ppg when he was 34 going on 35 so LBJ should have a fair few years elite scoring left in him still.

He is talking about a likely 5 year max next summer which would take him up until he was 36 years old, so we’d assume he’s looking to play at least until then.

Rip256

Lebron and Delly are one of the leagues most dynamic duos at the moment.

Leaders for net points when on floor:

1) Curry

2) Green

3) Delly

This guy just makes points happen.

Rip256

Lebron and Delly are one of the leagues most dynamic duos at the moment.

Leaders for net points when on floor:

1) Curry

2) Green

3) Delly

This guy just makes points happen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login