This topic contains 50 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar DowJonezBFG 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    akhan786
    Participant

I literally sat down and watched the whole thing. All I can say is wow…what could’ve been.

WizardofOz
    Participant

That’s why I say he has lost a severe amount of athleticism. He no longer has that blow-by abilty in the half-court he used to have. In that game, he was blowing by Tayshaun Prince (a good defender) whenever he wanted to. He’s also lost some explosiveness and speed.

To all the LeBron nuthuggers out there, LeBron’s body is a shell of what it used to be. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he was just fatigued in the Finals, or he gained too much muscle mass, but until he proves to me that he’s just as athletic as he used to be, he’s no longer a freak athlete.

I could go into more detail for the blind people that can’t tell the difference between Cleveland LeBron and Miami LeBron, but I really don’t feel like it.

WizardofOz
    Participant

That’s why I say he has lost a severe amount of athleticism. He no longer has that blow-by abilty in the half-court he used to have. In that game, he was blowing by Tayshaun Prince (a good defender) whenever he wanted to. He’s also lost some explosiveness and speed.

To all the LeBron nuthuggers out there, LeBron’s body is a shell of what it used to be. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he was just fatigued in the Finals, or he gained too much muscle mass, but until he proves to me that he’s just as athletic as he used to be, he’s no longer a freak athlete.

I could go into more detail for the blind people that can’t tell the difference between Cleveland LeBron and Miami LeBron, but I really don’t feel like it.

Tim49461
    Participant

This gave me chills watching…Where did this ability go! This was the reason the MJ comparisons started

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^He lost athleticism.

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^He lost athleticism.

Tim49461
    Participant

This gave me chills watching…Where did this ability go! This was the reason the MJ comparisons started

akhan786
    Participant

I agree with you OZ. I don’t really know if it’s his agility, mobility or athleticism that has been depleted, but what I do know is that that Lebron is not the same as today’s Lebron.

He’s approaching ten years being in the league and it is understandable if his athleticism is slowly decaying. But maybe it’s for the best so now he can really focus on adding more skills in his repertoire just like Kobe did a couple years back.

He should still be the best basketball player in the planet especially after learning a few tips from The Dream. The guy is still 26 so people shouldn’t worry too much.

akhan786
    Participant

I agree with you OZ. I don’t really know if it’s his agility, mobility or athleticism that has been depleted, but what I do know is that that Lebron is not the same as today’s Lebron.

He’s approaching ten years being in the league and it is understandable if his athleticism is slowly decaying. But maybe it’s for the best so now he can really focus on adding more skills in his repertoire just like Kobe did a couple years back.

He should still be the best basketball player in the planet especially after learning a few tips from The Dream. The guy is still 26 so people shouldn’t worry too much.

Tim49461
    Participant

I agree but he had that Killer’s Eye.  I was mainly talking about that.

Tim49461
    Participant

I agree but he had that Killer’s Eye.  I was mainly talking about that.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

He’s coming in next season at 6’8" 325lbs, all muscle

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

He’s coming in next season at 6’8" 325lbs, all muscle

Jlv2011

now he’s 26 🙁

Jlv2011

now he’s 26 🙁

ShekiruBoom
    Participant

why doesnt anyone think that dwade has anything to do with this? having dwade means 1 less shooter so less space and more clogging the paint since defenses have to account for 2 slashers. Idk sometimes lebron does look heavy and he is definitley not as light as he was in cleveland but i doubt that one summer from his cavalier days and his heat days couldve changed him that much. i think its more because of the personel on the floor

ShekiruBoom
    Participant

why doesnt anyone think that dwade has anything to do with this? having dwade means 1 less shooter so less space and more clogging the paint since defenses have to account for 2 slashers. Idk sometimes lebron does look heavy and he is definitley not as light as he was in cleveland but i doubt that one summer from his cavalier days and his heat days couldve changed him that much. i think its more because of the personel on the floor

ShekiruBoom
    Participant

why doesnt anyone think that dwade has anything to do with this? having dwade means 1 less shooter so less space and more clogging the paint since defenses have to account for 2 slashers. Idk sometimes lebron does look heavy and he is definitley not as light as he was in cleveland but i doubt that one summer from his cavalier days and his heat days couldve changed him that much. i think its more because of the personel on the floor. o yea btw he was doing that against boston and chicago 

ShekiruBoom
    Participant

why doesnt anyone think that dwade has anything to do with this? having dwade means 1 less shooter so less space and more clogging the paint since defenses have to account for 2 slashers. Idk sometimes lebron does look heavy and he is definitley not as light as he was in cleveland but i doubt that one summer from his cavalier days and his heat days couldve changed him that much. i think its more because of the personel on the floor. o yea btw he was doing that against boston and chicago 

the I in win
    Participant

In cleveland that year the only player that couldn’t shoot to some degree was varejao.  In miami joel anthony can’t catch the ball without a bouble and wade isn’t much of a catch and shoot guy so the court shrinks making it harder to get into the paint.  With Chamlers’ average shooting (except the finals) and Bibby’s inconsistent shooting the heat sometimes had the only good catch and shoot guy on the court be Chris Bosh.

I’ll wait to see what norris cole does but honestly a point guard like daniel gibson would be both easy to get and effective playing off of the big three.

the I in win
    Participant

In cleveland that year the only player that couldn’t shoot to some degree was varejao.  In miami joel anthony can’t catch the ball without a bouble and wade isn’t much of a catch and shoot guy so the court shrinks making it harder to get into the paint.  With Chamlers’ average shooting (except the finals) and Bibby’s inconsistent shooting the heat sometimes had the only good catch and shoot guy on the court be Chris Bosh.

I’ll wait to see what norris cole does but honestly a point guard like daniel gibson would be both easy to get and effective playing off of the big three.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

this brings back bad memories

Malik-Universal
    Participant

this brings back bad memories

Malik-Universal
    Participant

and prince played like a p*ssy

Malik-Universal
    Participant

and prince played like a p*ssy

Im Your Father
    Participant

Wizard of Oz, it’s got to be the weight that he’s gained, i. I understand that he’s been in the league a while now, but it would be highly unusual for someone’s quickness to decline that rapidly otherwise. You will notice that he still has fantastic straight line speed and that he can still get up very very high, he’s just lost his explosive first step. He was still incredibly quick in 09-10, it’s natural for him to slow down a little bit just based on being a year older, but I don’t really see how such a dramatic decline can be due to anything other than increased muscle mass.

Im Your Father
    Participant

Wizard of Oz, it’s got to be the weight that he’s gained, i. I understand that he’s been in the league a while now, but it would be highly unusual for someone’s quickness to decline that rapidly otherwise. You will notice that he still has fantastic straight line speed and that he can still get up very very high, he’s just lost his explosive first step. He was still incredibly quick in 09-10, it’s natural for him to slow down a little bit just based on being a year older, but I don’t really see how such a dramatic decline can be due to anything other than increased muscle mass.

Im Your Father
    Participant

I’d also like to point out that I doubt Lebron and the Heat training staff have failed noticed the impact that his added muscle mass has had on his quickness, and I’ll bet he makes losing weight a point of emphasis this offseason.

Im Your Father
    Participant

I’d also like to point out that I doubt Lebron and the Heat training staff have failed noticed the impact that his added muscle mass has had on his quickness, and I’ll bet he makes losing weight a point of emphasis this offseason.

akhan786
    Participant

Im Your Father lol where have you been man I feel like you haven’t posted in forever.

akhan786
    Participant

Im Your Father lol where have you been man I feel like you haven’t posted in forever.

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

Lebron hasn’t lost any athleticism. People are taking things to far. If he lost athleticism, he wouldn’t have been able to guard Derrick Rose in the playoffs. Derrick Rose is a freak athlete, so it takes one to contain him. Miami’s offense, and coaching is why you no longer see that from Lebron, Miami is best in the open court. I don’t think anyone will argue Lebron got stopped there. Miami has no shooters, Idk what happened to Bibby. Bosh is clogging up the mid range, joel anthony, well he’s joel anthony, and Dwayne Wade is best at mid range and driving, which leaves Lebron no space to drive. Also in the half court set Miami really doesn’t have an offense. It’s give the ball to Lebron or D-Wade and let them make the play or pass it to Chris Bosh at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and let him go to work on the right side of the block, that’s their half court offense. Lebron No longer just gets the ball and isos for 20 seconds and then tries to score or kick it to a shooter. Everyone saying lebron has lost athleticism is crazy…

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

Lebron hasn’t lost any athleticism. People are taking things to far. If he lost athleticism, he wouldn’t have been able to guard Derrick Rose in the playoffs. Derrick Rose is a freak athlete, so it takes one to contain him. Miami’s offense, and coaching is why you no longer see that from Lebron, Miami is best in the open court. I don’t think anyone will argue Lebron got stopped there. Miami has no shooters, Idk what happened to Bibby. Bosh is clogging up the mid range, joel anthony, well he’s joel anthony, and Dwayne Wade is best at mid range and driving, which leaves Lebron no space to drive. Also in the half court set Miami really doesn’t have an offense. It’s give the ball to Lebron or D-Wade and let them make the play or pass it to Chris Bosh at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and let him go to work on the right side of the block, that’s their half court offense. Lebron No longer just gets the ball and isos for 20 seconds and then tries to score or kick it to a shooter. Everyone saying lebron has lost athleticism is crazy…

Cameron
    Participant

Larry Hughes deserves more credit after all for Lebron’s dominance…lol

Cameron
    Participant

Larry Hughes deserves more credit after all for Lebron’s dominance…lol

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

too bad this isnt with special k and blaha… missed out on that "turn and gun" that mcdyess missed at 0:55

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

too bad this isnt with special k and blaha… missed out on that "turn and gun" that mcdyess missed at 0:55

aamir543
    Participant

Watch the suggested video after this one, the one that says 16 points in 2 minutes. That sent chills down my spine.

aamir543
    Participant

Watch the suggested video after this one, the one that says 16 points in 2 minutes. That sent chills down my spine.

tuck243
    Participant

Especially @WizardOfOz he didn’t lose anything… Thats probably the first time (and only) that LeBron just made a move without holding the ball so long… If you notice Prince actual made him shoot tough shots towards the OT… WHY? Because LeBron allows the defense to set up (making himself gaurdable) by holding the ball… His overrall basketball IQ is terrible w/ terrible instincts to match (as a scorer)… Just watch all of LeBron moves, he already planned what he is going to do before he do it… He’s much better and fluent when he just make one move and go…  He gets into trouble when he holds the ball for 10 odd seconds and waits for a pick…  He’s not that instinctive as a scorer to do that…  And when he is able to hit those tough shots it only make him and his fanboys think he’s soooooo great…  That’s when you have that problem…  A lot of people say he’s a student of the game I always wonder of what?  He doesn’t understand scoring angles, unset defenses, or beating your man off the dribble… His ball handling is still mechanical and his post game sucks…

Young guys huddle in, I have a quick teaching summit going on right now…  Yall ready?  To easily get past your opponent is to keep him off gaurd…  If he’s not set up defensively go right at him… D. Wade gets majority of his baskets this way…  Never dribble the ball for more than 4-5 seconds in the half court…  If you hold it longer your offense is going to become stagnant by watching you dribble and the defense is going to set up…  You wonder why penetrating and dishing w/ ball rotation beats the zone?  Because it forces the defense to work…  This is just as important when a defense is playing man to man… This is something a lot of players don’t get…  Pick n Roll offenses work if you are really quick or really strong to get past your man, and able to hit that jumper over him…

Be very weary as to what you actually take from the NBA, some of it is not real basketball…  Holding the ball forever then waiting on a pick to come, then scoring on it has become the norm for a lot of offenses… The ish don’t work in high school and college because majority of the time in the NBA they are moving screens and secondly you can’t hand check the player you gaurding…  That play is damn near unstoppable (the ONLY way teams stop that is in the playoffs and that’s because they can play more physical during that time)…  So, my point is kids… MAKE A QUICK MOVE AND GO, IF NOT ROTATE THE DAMN BALL!!!! 

tuck243
    Participant

Especially @WizardOfOz he didn’t lose anything… Thats probably the first time (and only) that LeBron just made a move without holding the ball so long… If you notice Prince actual made him shoot tough shots towards the OT… WHY? Because LeBron allows the defense to set up (making himself gaurdable) by holding the ball… His overrall basketball IQ is terrible w/ terrible instincts to match (as a scorer)… Just watch all of LeBron moves, he already planned what he is going to do before he do it… He’s much better and fluent when he just make one move and go…  He gets into trouble when he holds the ball for 10 odd seconds and waits for a pick…  He’s not that instinctive as a scorer to do that…  And when he is able to hit those tough shots it only make him and his fanboys think he’s soooooo great…  That’s when you have that problem…  A lot of people say he’s a student of the game I always wonder of what?  He doesn’t understand scoring angles, unset defenses, or beating your man off the dribble… His ball handling is still mechanical and his post game sucks…

Young guys huddle in, I have a quick teaching summit going on right now…  Yall ready?  To easily get past your opponent is to keep him off gaurd…  If he’s not set up defensively go right at him… D. Wade gets majority of his baskets this way…  Never dribble the ball for more than 4-5 seconds in the half court…  If you hold it longer your offense is going to become stagnant by watching you dribble and the defense is going to set up…  You wonder why penetrating and dishing w/ ball rotation beats the zone?  Because it forces the defense to work…  This is just as important when a defense is playing man to man… This is something a lot of players don’t get…  Pick n Roll offenses work if you are really quick or really strong to get past your man, and able to hit that jumper over him…

Be very weary as to what you actually take from the NBA, some of it is not real basketball…  Holding the ball forever then waiting on a pick to come, then scoring on it has become the norm for a lot of offenses… The ish don’t work in high school and college because majority of the time in the NBA they are moving screens and secondly you can’t hand check the player you gaurding…  That play is damn near unstoppable (the ONLY way teams stop that is in the playoffs and that’s because they can play more physical during that time)…  So, my point is kids… MAKE A QUICK MOVE AND GO, IF NOT ROTATE THE DAMN BALL!!!! 

iguapops420
    Participant

He’s not lost so much athleticism that he no longer had blow by ability. He was simply playing against a total pusscake named Prince. Tayshaun isn’t that great at guarding guys who are bigger than him, much better at guarding 2’s that he can use his length effectively with. Not to mention he didn’t have the Wallace’s behind him to hide his defensive short comings. He was literally LETTING Bron blow by him, almost afraid to body up on Bron due to being plowed over top of. 

I admit Bron isn’t the athlete he once was, but let’s not overblow it and act as if he can no longer blow past people consistently. He’s simply added and extra 20lbs and STILL moves like he does. Incredible athlete to this day.

iguapops420
    Participant

He’s not lost so much athleticism that he no longer had blow by ability. He was simply playing against a total pusscake named Prince. Tayshaun isn’t that great at guarding guys who are bigger than him, much better at guarding 2’s that he can use his length effectively with. Not to mention he didn’t have the Wallace’s behind him to hide his defensive short comings. He was literally LETTING Bron blow by him, almost afraid to body up on Bron due to being plowed over top of. 

I admit Bron isn’t the athlete he once was, but let’s not overblow it and act as if he can no longer blow past people consistently. He’s simply added and extra 20lbs and STILL moves like he does. Incredible athlete to this day.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

LeBron defended Rose well, but let’s not act like Rose wasn’t basically playing 1 on 5. That Heat defense was completely keyed in on him… Once he beat LeBron… Bosh, Anthony and Haslem were waiting. They hedged/trapped him on the pick and rolls too.

There is nobody in the NBA that can guard Rose one on one… The Heat defensive scheme just got set and loaded up on him, knowing that nobody else on the Bulls could create anything for himself.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

LeBron defended Rose well, but let’s not act like Rose wasn’t basically playing 1 on 5. That Heat defense was completely keyed in on him… Once he beat LeBron… Bosh, Anthony and Haslem were waiting. They hedged/trapped him on the pick and rolls too.

There is nobody in the NBA that can guard Rose one on one… The Heat defensive scheme just got set and loaded up on him, knowing that nobody else on the Bulls could create anything for himself.

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

Yeah they played amazing team defense but in the 4th quarter of those games, Derrick Rose barely ever got around Lebron, go look at the games and you’ll see I’m right.

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

Yeah they played amazing team defense but in the 4th quarter of those games, Derrick Rose barely ever got around Lebron, go look at the games and you’ll see I’m right.

LBJKD
    Participant

He does have stuff to figure out but he didnt loose any freak leaping ability. Ask Mahami he got crowned by lebron in the finals. I do agree he does hold the ball too long a lot of the time but he did the same in cleveland. The only difference in Cleveland they al gave him space for an ISO here in Miami no space as someone said. He just gotta adapt keep adapting and I think get a post up fade away like Kobe, Dirk abuse now will be really affective. He is bigger now get down low fade make the bucket that needs less space. Its all about changing your game. Saying why doesnt he go back to those days is stupid unless your talking about injury.

LBJKD
    Participant

He does have stuff to figure out but he didnt loose any freak leaping ability. Ask Mahami he got crowned by lebron in the finals. I do agree he does hold the ball too long a lot of the time but he did the same in cleveland. The only difference in Cleveland they al gave him space for an ISO here in Miami no space as someone said. He just gotta adapt keep adapting and I think get a post up fade away like Kobe, Dirk abuse now will be really affective. He is bigger now get down low fade make the bucket that needs less space. Its all about changing your game. Saying why doesnt he go back to those days is stupid unless your talking about injury.

DowJonezBFG
    Participant

Why does Drew Good have a baldy with a path of hair in the back? o_O

DowJonezBFG
    Participant

Why does Drew Good have a baldy with a path of hair in the back? o_O

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login