This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar tinalovely101 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Willfb3
    Participant

How valuable is the Lakers pick next year as of now? Could the Sixers potentially trade into the top 7/8 with it and have a chance at a Jackson/Smith Jr. combo?

Hitster
    Participant

Hard to say the value on it, I would probably put it a bit higher than Sacramento’s 10th pick this year which might have been a trade possibility for it, Mavs, T-Wolves and Knicks will all surely want to draft this year though.

kerrst
      Participant

I wouldn’t say they are a lock to keep their pick or stay at #7.  Thibs wants to add in some quality vets and they have enough young talent already.  If I was the twolves I would seriously consider taking the Lakers 2018 pick for the 7th pick this year.  They could get a more talented player than Markanen, Issac or Collins.

daggers818
        Participant

If we assume the Lakers improve enough next year, and would convey, let’s say, the 10th-12th pick to Philly, if you are either team, would you flip picks this year and let next year’s Laker pick revert back to them?

Lakers get 2017 3rd pick and receive back their 2018 pick; Phlly gets 2017 2nd pick.

Roland209
    Participant

I would trade the 10th for it.  

PhillySteve
      Participant

If I’m the Seventy-Sixers, I wouldn’t.

holefillers1
    Participant

Its definitely more valuable before free agency. If Lakers end up with a guy like PG-13 or another top FA the pick loses value immediately. Like driving a new car off the lot or buying a jet ski.

Mopgrass
      Participant

Even with Paul George the Lakers aren’t making playoffs. I’m not sure if La is best for Pg13 or if he’s the best for them.

binet
    Participant

I don’t think Philadelphia is trading it anyway.

Philadelphia already has enough youngs and prospects and they should keep picks on later draft for salary control and roster management for the future.

In all likelihood the best plan for them would be to package 2 secound rounders and Okafor to get a decent first rounder and add another significant rookie, and only have this guy, pick 3 and Simmons as rookies next year (plus the other 2 secound rounders as 2-way contracts). The team will likely keep most of its under contract player and look to add some veterans FA. 

BeastMode716
    Participant

could be #1 next year.

It looks like we are planning to sign PG13 next summer as a Free Agent (& I agree w/ that b/c I don;t want to give up anything)

And signing PG13 will make up for not having our 1st round pick – in fact it will More than make up for it

However, b/c that looks like the plan, that means we’re going to struggle again this year. I think long term Ball & Ingram & Russell will be an excellent core for us. But these guys are very young & need time to grow.

So I would say at worse it’s top 5. But it would noty surprise me if this pick turned into Porter or Ayton & that is absolutely going to kill me but we’re in a catch 22 situation. If we want the team to be attractive for PG13 we really need to allow our young players to grow together & that means playing them a lot but by doing that we’re probably not going to win a lot of games next year.

It is what it is. Lakers fans can’t worry about it. PG13 will be our 2018 draft pick & we need to focus ourselves & build for the future. 

tinalovely101
    Participant

You’d better buy off the def delete kit to make your car better then.

tinalovely101
    Participant

I recommend that you should read this when you learn about the lakers in 2018.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login