This topic contains 32 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Tim49461 13 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    knicks82
    Participant

All everyone is talking about as far as free agents are the obvious ones. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Ive always been against bringing in Lebron for numerous reasons, personally id rather have Wade, But I dont think either is going to happen. So Im curious as to who the Knicks will really get this summer. The Knicks need alot of things, but most importantly they need a pg, sg, and C. So im thinking Luke Ridnour or Ray Felton are possible for the pg spot. (They are the best available pgs) Ronnie Brewer, Randy Foye, and Joe Johnson for the sg spot. Brad Miller, Joel Pryzbilla, Brendan Haywood, and Amir Johnson for the Center spot. With all that on their plate and whatever happens with David Lee, I think out of the big 3 free agents that Chris Bosh would be the likeliest to land in NY.
    Im curious as to what other Knick fans think will happen this summer, and also the Knick haterz lol.

Tha King2121
    Participant

I think Joe Johnson and bosh will go to NY
    They would be maddd good with that combo

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

The Knicks could get 3 decent FA’s if they dont offer everyone a MAX deal peep this

Gallinari- F
    Chandler- G/F
    Douglas- G

They wll get rid of Curry’s contract for the right price

Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay are not MAX players not at all. If they want to win like they say they do then they’d got their for less money and the Knicks would get Bosh at a MAX deal. It would work if they traded Curry’s contract. Sign Haywood to bang inside sign a shooter Korver fits good in D’Antoni’s system. Secong Rounders maybe Caracter who I like in NY and thats a playoff team for sure and maybe a title if Chemistry is right

Bosh is a first option
    Johnson is a second option
    Gay is a third option

C- Bosh/Haywood
    F- Gallinari/Caracter
    F- Gay/Korver
    G- Johnson/Chandler
    G-??????/Douglas

the I in win
    Participant

I think Amare is most likely, he played and like playing for Mike Dantonie and in that system he flourished. Why would you rather have Wade? Is it because you already have Wilson Chandler and Danillo Galinari who play SF.

bkballer
    Participant

I agree that the Knicks best position is the SF. But a player like Lebron comes along once in a lifetime. He automatically makes any NBA roster at the very least a solid playoff team for the next 10 years. If Lebron does choose to come to NY, Chandler has decent value and a great contract. I could see a trade involving him and Curry to bring in a very good player (Hopefully a big man).
    As for Wade, he is probably my favorite player in the NBA, but he scares me a little as a max signing. First off he is not that young anymore. Second he often reminds me of the Tmac, Penny, Francis, Hill types. The aggressive style he plays and the way he is always banged up makes me think there is a chance he falls off very quickly one day. Just think of it, if Tmac was 3 years younger (Wade’s age) he would be in this debate of who you want your team to sign for the max between Lebron vs. Wade vs. Tmac and now tmac might not get more than the veterans minimum.

Hopefully Lebron does come, that will pretty much guarantee Bosh comes. If they both come some decent bench players will gladly sign up for veterans minimum to win a title. I don’t know if Lebron comes to NY but if he does it creates a domino effect that will build a championship contender for the next 6 years.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Right now, The Knicks have to attract some players. Maybe attract Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire (Both who played in D’Antoni’s system). Then, with the 39th and 40th picks you need a slasher ( Crawford) and a talented big man ( Jerome Jordan or Tiny Gallon). We could also buy another 1st round pick. I would love to have Eric Bledsoe in that situation. then go add a player with Eddy Curry’s contract. If not, we could let the contract’s value increase by holding it until the Trade deadline. Then, we could look to add cheap big man ( we have cap space to add some 2 max FA’s plus some role players). Maybe deal Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry for Andriens Biedrens. If we go over the cap, we could also go add a replacement for Chandler with the MLE ( Brewer? Haslem? Amir Johnson?) or we could stay in place.

Starters: Douglas, Johnson, Gallo, Stoudemire, Biedrens
    Bench: Gallon, Crawford, Walker

This could be a playoff team. Maybe a top 5 seed in the East.

wesleymatthews23
    Participant

HD Kid you are crazy. How is Gay a third option??? Do his numbers in Memphis mean anything to you. He is their leading scorer and the grizzlies do not suck, I would not be surprised if Gay stayed there and the Grizzlies made the playoffs next year with Gay and Mayo leading the way. If the Knicks ended up getting Gay, Johnson and Bosh then I would say that Johnson would be the third option. Also not to mention that Gay will accept nothing less then a max deal after what he achieved in Memphis. Johnson will probably sign a 12 million deal, Bosh a 15 million, and Gay probably close to 12 million as well. No way he is accepting 9 million like you propose. I would say that Bosh and Johnson are the best chance that New York could get if they miss out on Lebron and Dwade. And why would you start Bosh at C. Do you not remember when the Knicks used Lee and they got killed inside. Bosh may be bigger but his normal position is PF not C. He can play Center but not for extended periods of time like a starting Center would get. Same with Chandler and Korver. Korver is a guard and a slow guard at that, Chandler is a forward. Both can play the 2 or 3 but again not regularly like you are suggesting.

How about doing a sign and trade with Lee and get a Center. Maybe Biedrins from GS if GS drafts Cousins. Then sign Felton for about 6 million, and Haywood for about 2 or 3 million
    Biedrins/ Haywood
    Bosh/Varnado(39th pick)
    Gallo/Chandler
    Johnson/Crawford (38th pick)
    Felton/Douglas

Oh and by the way I am Knicks hater, I have them drafting Jordan Crawford with the 38th pick because the next best thing to Lebron would be the guy that dunked on him, right???

knicks82
      Participant

Id rather have Wade over Lebron for a few reasons…1. Id rather have Wade in crunchtime, he makes clutch shots pretty often, i cant say the same about Lebron. 2. I like Wade more as a person, you dont see Wade doin all the dancing and shit that Lebron does…maybe Lebron should have concentrated more on practice than his dance moves and maybe theyd be in the Finals.
      I do like Rudy Gay, but I think the Grizzlies are gonna give him a pretty nice contract. But We’ll see.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

If LeBron James is coming to NY, he will be playing a role similar to Magic Johnson did for LA in the 80’s according the ESPN insider about the Knicks plan.

I would love LBJ to come to NY but I don’t see it happening. I feel were still in the race but I think now it’s Cleveland, Los Angles, New York in that order.

Knickerbockerny22
    Participant

Cleveland chance is slimmin with all that chaos happenin there, Clippers do have good team but i dnt think Bron Bron will go there, Knicks have cap space to get Lebron, Wade, Bosh etc.,money to add some other help, Eddy Curry contract, 2 draft picks and its NY these all reasons to attract Lebron to come and join NY not Chicago! His Airness shoes are big to fill.

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

Just a thought but he’d be the third option on that team. Joe Johnson would control the ball most likely and run pick and roll and pick and pops with Bosh and Gallo

I like the Bledsoe thought he’d fit good and will be a great PG in the league he did good for Kentucky in his limited role. but New York has a lot of possible line ups for next year which possible cores do you think win a title and they most likely get

Bigs- Bosh/STAT/Haywood/Gallon/Bender/Biedrins/Lee

Wings- James/Johnson/Gay/Miller/Chandler/Gallinari/Crawford

Points- Bledsoe/Collison/Douglas/Felton

They will end up with any combo of the players above I like

C- Lee/Haywood
    F- Gallinari/Gallon
    F- James/Miller
    G- Chandler/Crawford
    G- Bledsoe/Douglas

they would have post defemse problems so James would probally move to G and have Gallo play the 3 and Lee play the 4 and start Haywood but D’Antoni’s systme doesnt win titles it wins games so a coaching change would be neccesary

nateoak10
    Participant

I <3 that trade

I think Amare ends up in NYK with Felton and maybe Hedo

DNYCE

-Joe johnson is headed to cleveland in a sign and trade for delonte west

-Bosh and Derozan are heading to the lakers in a sign and trade for bynum and Shannon

-Wade is staying in miami because they are going to trade Beasley for Amare

-Boozer is going to the Bulls

Book it

The Knicks are going to have to wait for Melo. This year you guys might go after Kyle Lowry, but the offer might be matched by the Rockets, Luke Ridnour and Randy Foye might be the Knicks best option as far as guards go, then you guys can sign Hilton Armstrong as your center. In the draft you guys should draft brackins if he is there of charles garcia as your 4, Lance Stephenson or Jordan Crawford as your 2

Starting Lineup could be decent if you bring back Lee
    Lowry or Ridnour/Douglas
    Stephenson or Crawford/Walker
    Chandler/Gallinari
    Harrington/Brackins or Garcia
    Lee/Armstrong

DNYCE

lehype isn’t going anywhere I guarantee it

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

By taking Chandler and Curry, Golden State could take Greg Monroe with the 6th pick.

DNYCE

Shaqs contract is up (20mill) they are going to use most of that money on Joe Johnson

NYK2010
    Participant

Even if Lebron doesn’t resign the Cavs are almost capped out.
    52 million in contracts from Jamison, Mo Williams, Varajeo, Parker, Moon, Powe, Gibson

look at the contracts on hoopehype.com
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

NYK2010
    Participant

Lebron isn’t a fool he’ll see the Cavs can’t go any further in the playoffs their at best a ECF team.
    He will and should leave for either the Bulls, Heat, Knicks or Nets teams that have cap room and quality young players.
    I don’t see him going to the Western Conference very small chance at a sign n trade with the Mavs.

NYK2010
    Participant

-Joe johnson is headed to cleveland in a sign and trade for delonte west
    Contracts don’t match and Cavs are over the cap can’t take on Joe’s salary.
    Why would the Hawks want Delonte West?

-Bosh and Derozan are heading to the lakers in a sign and trade for bynum and Shannon
    I’m sure the Raptors are going to give up on Derozan so early why to get Bynum who can’t even stay healthy. Lakers won’t be trading Bynum he’s their only true Center and Bosh, Gasol, Odom makes the front line a lot softer.

-Wade is staying in miami because they are going to trade Beasley for Amare
    Wade staying in Miami I can see that but Beasley for Amare that won’t happen, Heat can sign him outright and Beasley is under the rookie contract they would be moving him to another team.

-Boozer is going to the Bulls
    Makes sense

Book it

The Knicks are going to have to wait for Melo. This year you guys might go after Kyle Lowry, but the offer might be matched by the Rockets, Luke Ridnour and Randy Foye might be the Knicks best option as far as guards go, then you guys can sign Hilton Armstrong as your center. In the draft you guys should draft brackins if he is there of charles garcia as your 4, Lance Stephenson or Jordan Crawford as your 2

Starting Lineup could be decent if you bring back Lee
    Lowry or Ridnour/Douglas
    Stephenson or Crawford/Walker
    Chandler/Gallinari
    Harrington/Brackins or Garcia
    Lee/Armstrong

A few things wrong with the Knicks roster you have for next year.
    They won’t resign Harrington he’s more than likely gone.
    Gallo is their starting SF unless they add Lebron or Gay.
    The team tried this type of lineup it didn’t work with Harrington and Lee at PF/C they have no shot blocker than and Lee isn’t big enough to guard Centers all the time.

Also there is a shot Mello signs a contract extension with the Nuggets this offseason.
    Can’t wait on him the Knicks might lose their 1st round pick to the Rockets in 2011 so they need to make a lot of moves this offseason.

MagikKnick
    Participant

Its funny to me that Knick fans get such a bad reputation for being so bias and obnoxious, and “expecting” to get a championship by next season..

But right here you have 4 Knicks fan that have more realistic expectations and not necessarily expecting Lebron

…I just felt like I needed to point that out

NYK2010
    Participant

Don’t be so quick to rule out Lebron signing with the Knicks and David Lee resigning.
    Would be cheaper than Bosh who might leave for Miami to play with Wade anyway.
    Lee will be cheaper than Bosh and gives the Knicks enough money to go after a PG or Center in free agency too.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

I don’t see David Lee as a Knick next season. I feel we should just go and S&T him. We can get pretty much any play for him. Keep Lee’s rights and deal him. To be honest, I say move him to a team like Charlotte and get back D.J. Augustine and Tyson Chandler.

With Augustine and Chandler already to the roster, we could move Eddy Curry with Wilson Chandler for a wing like Richard Hamilton, Andre Iguadala or even Vince Carter.

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

well first we need to do is trade chandler curry for okafor and collison
    NOH gets an athletic wing to go with cp3 nd get rid of okafors contract knicks get ther pg i wud think NOH wud want a future 1st rounder

next we sign rudy gay and keep lee
    then for our bench we sign joe alexander and give him a shot sign korver and resign bender or sign hunter

so lineup wud look like this
    pg -collison/douglass
    sg-gallo/korver
    sf-gay/walker/alexander
    pf-lee/bender
    c-okafor

but i hope it doesnt go like this i hope we get lbj n bosh to the trade for collison n have collison gallo lbj bosh okafor

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

well first we need to do is trade chandler curry for okafor and collison
    NOH gets an athletic wing to go with cp3 nd get rid of okafors contract knicks get ther pg i wud think NOH wud want a future 1st rounder

next we sign rudy gay and keep lee
    then for our bench we sign joe alexander and give him a shot sign korver and resign bender or sign hunter

so lineup wud look like this
    pg -collison/douglass
    sg-gallo/korver
    sf-gay/walker/alexander
    pf-lee/bender
    c-okafor

but i hope it doesnt go like this i hope we get lbj n bosh to the trade for collison n have collison gallo lbj bosh okafor

stanford hoops

THIS SUMMER ISNT LOOKING AS BRIGHT AS IT ONCE DID EARLIER IN THE SEASON FOR THE KNICKS

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

It’s still pretty bright but I agree.

I think we have to push hard to get Chris Bosh…He could help us alot.

DNYCE

Wiliams
    Johnson
    James
    Jamison
    Oneal

DNYCE

Wiliams
    Johnson
    James
    Jamison
    Oneal

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

DNYCE, WTF are you talking about?

FDAPO

Joe Johnson, Amare, Dirk, Boozer, Chris Bosh….

New York gives one of these guys a max contract. Then they maybe sign Felton.

McWinning
    Participant

You realize its almost improssible for Cleveland to trade for Johnson with only West right? they have no trade exceptions, and they would be over the cap, so Johnson would have to take a paycut of less than $6 million.

McWinning
    Participant

They can only trade for up to 125% of Delonte Wests $4,658,500 dollar contract,
    my bad its a little over $6 mil.

Tim49461
    Participant

As childish as it is i laugh everytime someone uses rudy’s name. Gay is a 3rd option? Gay knows how to handle the ball. Gay can stroke it from anywhere. Come on who wouldn’t laugh at that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login