This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar King Calucha 9 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    joe2324
    Participant

is anyone else excited that the knicks could finish as a lottery team and maybe pick up a high draft pick? We haven’t had a high draft pick since Patrick Ewing.  I know it can’t happen, but I would love to see Melo out in exchange for some draft picks either this year or next. I think Fisher just needs some time and I hope everyone is patient. This group is not designed to run the triangle and I don’t think Melo is ever going to get it and thats not a knock on him, its a complicated system that takes time. You can’t be serious if your a fan and your rooting for this group. This group, at its best is maybe an 11th seed in the east which means we’re probably drafting outside the top 10.  

You can’t go up unless you hit rock bottom. We blew it in 2008 and the bulls got our pick which was Rose(looking back who knew Rose would up being as fragile as glass)  

Jordo
    Participant

Gonna take a lot more than a high draft pick to turn them around. I think Jr, Amare, and Bardnani contacts expire this year. So if anything they would have to look to FAs for help.

Jordo
    Participant

Gonna take a lot more than a high draft pick to turn them around. I think Jr, Amare, and Bardnani contacts expire this year. So if anything they would have to look to FAs for help.

joe2324
      Participant

but its a start 

joe2324
      Participant

but its a start 

cuseflynn10
    Participant

The Knicks have $39 million coming off the books with Stoudemire, Bargnani, and Dalembert. They’ll have room to add an impact free agent. I’m thinking Greg Monroe could be a possible fit if he’s willing to play in New York. He’s a west coast guy, so you never know, but I’d assume he’d like New York more than Detroit if I had to take a guess. Throw in a lottery pick and make a couple minor moves here and there, and New York should be back in the playoff picture in the east in 2015-16 if they play their cards right.

cuseflynn10
    Participant

The Knicks have $39 million coming off the books with Stoudemire, Bargnani, and Dalembert. They’ll have room to add an impact free agent. I’m thinking Greg Monroe could be a possible fit if he’s willing to play in New York. He’s a west coast guy, so you never know, but I’d assume he’d like New York more than Detroit if I had to take a guess. Throw in a lottery pick and make a couple minor moves here and there, and New York should be back in the playoff picture in the east in 2015-16 if they play their cards right.

Wetalkinboutpractice
      Participant

Monroe’s from New Orleans and went to Georgetown how do you figure he’s a "west coast guy"?

Greg would be a great fit offensively in the triangle with his passing ability although I’m not sure how they’d have any semblance of a good defense with he & Melo on that frontline. Nonetheless Monroe’s likely a primary target for the Knicks in free agency as it’s highly unlikely Gasol checks out of Memphis.

Wetalkinboutpractice
      Participant

Monroe’s from New Orleans and went to Georgetown how do you figure he’s a "west coast guy"?

Greg would be a great fit offensively in the triangle with his passing ability although I’m not sure how they’d have any semblance of a good defense with he & Melo on that frontline. Nonetheless Monroe’s likely a primary target for the Knicks in free agency as it’s highly unlikely Gasol checks out of Memphis.

cuseflynn10
        Participant

I was looking up where he was from and saw LA. I didn’t think he was from Los Angeles, but for some reason my brain didn’t make the association of LA with Louisiana. Finals week I guess.

cuseflynn10
        Participant

I was looking up where he was from and saw LA. I didn’t think he was from Los Angeles, but for some reason my brain didn’t make the association of LA with Louisiana. Finals week I guess.

prophetmeir
    Participant

Reggie Jackson and Greg monroe would be a good start. ADD a top 5 pick for next years draft playoff bound team

prophetmeir
    Participant

Reggie Jackson and Greg monroe would be a good start. ADD a top 5 pick for next years draft playoff bound team

King Calucha
      Participant

The Triangle needs spacing and Jackson has been shooting below 30% from 3 in his career. Not a good fit in my opinion.

King Calucha
      Participant

The Triangle needs spacing and Jackson has been shooting below 30% from 3 in his career. Not a good fit in my opinion.

Hitster
    Participant

Greg Monroe would fit the triangle system well. The Knicks looked as if they were prepared to almost tank this year when they traded Tyson Chandler. But I don’t see Phil wanting a losing team for too long and will be looking to make moves sooner than later. Also they are paying Melo mega money so need to try and put the right pieces around him whilst he is still near his peak.

Calderon has been a disappointment, STAT is now a role player who to be fair is putting up useful numbers but nowhere near what they are paying him. On a much reduced contract he’d be a good player on a contending team. JR Smith I assume opts in for over $6 million next year, Bargnani is missing in action and his only value now could be his expiring deal. Shumpert is due a renewal next summer, I’d assume NY would like to keep him as he does a lot of defensive and bits and pieces work that a lot of teams need. What his market value would be, I’d not like to guess.

joe2324
      Participant

I think Phil needs to make every attempt to move on from Melo, i’m not sure how, but they need to do something. He just doesn’t fit in with the triangle offense. I think its too late for him. If this was early in his career, it would be a different story. Honestly, I don’t like anyone on this team and I don’t any of these guys can make the triangle work.

JR Smith is a moron. I don’t want him anywhere near my team, I don’t care if he settles for a league minium.  He can go as well. 

The problem with the Knicks and people in this area is they are extremely impatient and want immediate success. That is not going to happen with this group. You need to really suck bad for a few years, get some nice draft picks in there with some Veteran leadership and hope for the best. The fans and the owners won’t allow that.

joe2324
      Participant

I think Phil needs to make every attempt to move on from Melo, i’m not sure how, but they need to do something. He just doesn’t fit in with the triangle offense. I think its too late for him. If this was early in his career, it would be a different story. Honestly, I don’t like anyone on this team and I don’t any of these guys can make the triangle work.

JR Smith is a moron. I don’t want him anywhere near my team, I don’t care if he settles for a league minium.  He can go as well. 

The problem with the Knicks and people in this area is they are extremely impatient and want immediate success. That is not going to happen with this group. You need to really suck bad for a few years, get some nice draft picks in there with some Veteran leadership and hope for the best. The fans and the owners won’t allow that.

Hitster
    Participant

Greg Monroe would fit the triangle system well. The Knicks looked as if they were prepared to almost tank this year when they traded Tyson Chandler. But I don’t see Phil wanting a losing team for too long and will be looking to make moves sooner than later. Also they are paying Melo mega money so need to try and put the right pieces around him whilst he is still near his peak.

Calderon has been a disappointment, STAT is now a role player who to be fair is putting up useful numbers but nowhere near what they are paying him. On a much reduced contract he’d be a good player on a contending team. JR Smith I assume opts in for over $6 million next year, Bargnani is missing in action and his only value now could be his expiring deal. Shumpert is due a renewal next summer, I’d assume NY would like to keep him as he does a lot of defensive and bits and pieces work that a lot of teams need. What his market value would be, I’d not like to guess.

Memphisboy14
    Participant

The problem isn’t necessarily with Melo. It’s with the personnel on the team. Plenty of those guys are just not suitable for the Triangle Offense. Melo doesn’t have anyone else on the team who can create offense for themselves. Back in the 07-08 NBA season he posted a statline of 25.7 ppg 7.4rpg 3.4apg all of that with a career high fg% .492. It’s not a coincedence that he was playing with Allen Iverson someone who could create their own offense and relieve pressure from Melo. A.I. was able to get him the ball on his favorite spots on the floor without Melo having to handle the ball much. All Melo had to focus on was scoring and rebounding. His efficiency shot up because of that. They don’t have any other personnel on the team taht can do that. They have some guys who would be decent pieces on a contending team like THJ, Shump, and Amare (he’s been playing pretty solid) but it’s not good enough for this team. 

Also with the Knicks the general consensus in that organization and amongst the fans is that they are really just waiting for next year. Right now I believe that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher are observing the guys they have and are deciding who is a fit or not. One thing I don’t think alot of people have noticed is that outside of Melo all of the guys on that roster have contracts after either this season or next. They are also trying to tank for either Karl Towns or Jahlil Okafor since they know they have a very small chance of actually getting Gasol the real prize fo the next free agent period. I do expect them to have either Goran Dragic or Rajon Rondo playing PG for them next season.

ballislyfe25
      Participant

I think Derek Fisher is doing a really poor coaching job with this team. I do not know the triangle inside-out, but anytime I see Samuel Dalembert get post-ups and isolations called for him, I am worried. Think about that for a second. The quality of shots that this team gets has to be amongst the worst in the league. Being from the NY area, I get every game and they are almost unbearable to watch. The offense is slow, predictable, and hides the strengths of the players on the roster rather than highlighting them and that is the complete opposite of what happened under Mike Woodson. 

It’s crazy to think that this team, with almost a similar roster, was the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference just a few seasons ago. Mike Woodson was a scapegoat and ownership destroyed the continuity the team was actually building. If this team were coached by Woodson, things would look a lot different.

I believe they are playing themselves out of the race for any top tier free agents, such as Rajon Rondo. I would NOT want to play for this team. No shot. 

ballislyfe25
      Participant

I think Derek Fisher is doing a really poor coaching job with this team. I do not know the triangle inside-out, but anytime I see Samuel Dalembert get post-ups and isolations called for him, I am worried. Think about that for a second. The quality of shots that this team gets has to be amongst the worst in the league. Being from the NY area, I get every game and they are almost unbearable to watch. The offense is slow, predictable, and hides the strengths of the players on the roster rather than highlighting them and that is the complete opposite of what happened under Mike Woodson. 

It’s crazy to think that this team, with almost a similar roster, was the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference just a few seasons ago. Mike Woodson was a scapegoat and ownership destroyed the continuity the team was actually building. If this team were coached by Woodson, things would look a lot different.

I believe they are playing themselves out of the race for any top tier free agents, such as Rajon Rondo. I would NOT want to play for this team. No shot. 

Memphisboy14
    Participant

The problem isn’t necessarily with Melo. It’s with the personnel on the team. Plenty of those guys are just not suitable for the Triangle Offense. Melo doesn’t have anyone else on the team who can create offense for themselves. Back in the 07-08 NBA season he posted a statline of 25.7 ppg 7.4rpg 3.4apg all of that with a career high fg% .492. It’s not a coincedence that he was playing with Allen Iverson someone who could create their own offense and relieve pressure from Melo. A.I. was able to get him the ball on his favorite spots on the floor without Melo having to handle the ball much. All Melo had to focus on was scoring and rebounding. His efficiency shot up because of that. They don’t have any other personnel on the team taht can do that. They have some guys who would be decent pieces on a contending team like THJ, Shump, and Amare (he’s been playing pretty solid) but it’s not good enough for this team. 

Also with the Knicks the general consensus in that organization and amongst the fans is that they are really just waiting for next year. Right now I believe that Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher are observing the guys they have and are deciding who is a fit or not. One thing I don’t think alot of people have noticed is that outside of Melo all of the guys on that roster have contracts after either this season or next. They are also trying to tank for either Karl Towns or Jahlil Okafor since they know they have a very small chance of actually getting Gasol the real prize fo the next free agent period. I do expect them to have either Goran Dragic or Rajon Rondo playing PG for them next season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login