This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar wrector 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    joe2324
    Participant

i’m a knick fan and I don’t have any faith in this current roster. I feel they will make the playoffs but get elminated in round 1 or 2. I dont see melo leading this team to a championship and I dont see any future for this group. What would the knicks have to do to completely gut this entire team and start over? I’m serious, I would like the entire team completely gutted and removed in order to start all over. I’m tired of watching this team play the ISo around melo every game, its boring, predictable and it wont get them very far. I would love to see them try to grab as many draft picks in 2014. It would nice if they could grab that first pick and get Andrew Wiggins. He would look great in a knicks uniform. Once you have a star like that, you can put pieces around him and start building a championship team kind of like the Thunder did with Durant and Westbrook. I’m just really frustrated and if I owned the knicks or had any control over the team, everyone on the team would be out of a job.

Chewy
    Participant

this is your team for the forseeable future. Melo is a star and the Knicks as a major market team feel like they must have a star on their team at all times. No one and I mean NO ONE will take Amare’s contract. Tyson, Kidd and Pridgioni are getting up there in age so you may see a change in the role players in NYC, but Wiggins? No, just no.

alinge
    Participant

Andrew Wiggins must be good because he is going to have to play for about 20 franchises. Because according to most team’s fanbases, every team should gut there roster, lose a ton of game’s and hope to win the lottery to get him and then hope he becomes a great player.

joe2324
    Participant

I’m keeping my hopes up that the knicks have an awful season next year and get that first pick.

Tight Butthole
      Participant

There’s being optimistic about your teams success, then theres being completely unrealistic about hoping how bad your team will fail next season. How soon you forget how terrible the Knicks were in the not too distant past. Be thankful for your superstar and your playoff team, and get over how your team earns its victories. A win is a win

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Your not a real fan, every team goes through a rough patch. So you would rather New York to blow up the team and let go of guys like chandler and Melo who are already proven stare for a SLIM chance at Andrew Wiggins??? Delusional much?

HotSnot
    Participant

There’s been injuries which have caused the Knicks to lose their identity. They have gotten away from what worked the first 35 games of the season… SHARING the ball. Making the extra pass. Underline that last one. Lots of cuts, motion and solid picks.

Atm we’re back to Melo’s bad habits killing a team…

Ny2daDeathOFme
    Participant

Your not a real fan at all. This team was built for the playoffs so lets wait and see how the chips may fall. And btw you do know gutting a team and rebuilding can take yeaaars… if you a Knicks fan you know how long we was bad after trading ewing

halfdecayed
    Participant

The more the season advances, the more flaws we see in the knicks.. They didnt want to play stoudemire too many minutes because of their early sucess, but they keep declining now.. He’s playing good in limited minutes to be honest, I would try to give him more minutes and see how it works.

Tyreke Johnson
    Participant

The Knicks are 33-20, hardly reason to suggest they should “blow up” their team. You are right, isolations with Carmelo are not successful if they wish to succeed in the playoffs but don’t be fooled, they need Carmelo in the playoffs, he provides scoring from all over the floor, clutch plays and is one of the best pure scorers in the game, you would rather take a chance on Wiggins who has yet to prove himself? Please. The Knicks need to realize that while the 3 point shot is effective, they cant live or die by it because more times then not in the playoffs, the 3 wont be falling and defenses become a lot more tight eliminating a lot more wide open three point shots. The current Knicks team is built to win now, they have a good mix of veterans (Kidd, Chandler, Wallace, Thomas, Camby and Prigioni) a few younger players in Smith, Shumpert, Felton and Novak and then Carmelo as your first option, not too shabby of a team, they have proven they can beat the elite teams in the East and even can give Miami fits come playoff time. There is absolutely no reason to think this team cannot get to the conference finals if they are able to get back to their defensive mentality and team basketball.

joe2324
    Participant

i’ve been a fan for a long time and i’m just tired of mediocrity.

Ny2daDeathOFme
      Participant

You say mediocrity but you know we only been a playoff team since 2010 before that we haven’t been in the playoffs in years. The problem with fans and gms today they don’t allow teams to grow together they think you can make trades all the time and make the best team.

wrector
    Participant

You act like the Knicks are stuck in the low lottery/8th seed cycle. I mean, they’re currently 3rd in the east and a half game out of 2nd. Amare JUST had his break out game after his extended absence. I think they’re doing just fine, considering they have old role players and have incurred a lot of injury.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login