This topic contains 80 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar EuroBall 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    STATnMelo
    Participant

I honestly think Knight will return and develop a little more, Doron Lamb is definitely returning and Enes Kanter has stated he will return if he can get eligibility for the next season.

Terrence Jones is as good as gone but I think he needs more development and with an impending lockout he will be back. So lets say the 4 Freshman this year and the 3 Elite Freshman next year join up.

Teague at the point with Knight playing off the ball kinda how Billups and Lawson play together with Lamb scoring in bunches off the bench like a Ben Gordon type at the guards would be unreal for UK

Then you have Kanter, Gilchrist, Davis and Jones rotating at the 3/4/5 spots. Kanter and Davis both are 4 men but in college can play the 5 and Gilchrist and Jones are 3 men but wouldnt have a problem playing some 4. It doesnt matter who would start either as they would all play 28+ minutes.

Thats 7 Legit NBA prospects on a college basketball team in the not as strong SEC I say a 29-1 regular season then an SEC Championship followed by an NCAA title game appearance againt Duke in possible one of the best Title games in the history of the tournament

I mean 1 can dream………right

Lotto Stud
    Participant

If Knight comes back does Teague come off the bench? If not I would like to know how those 2 will work out in the same backcourt.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

If Knight comes back does Teague come off the bench? If not I would like to know how those 2 will work out in the same backcourt.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I thi9nk Knight would be crazy too come back next year with all the talent set to join the team. He is probally going to fall at the most to the 20th pick, and aside from him, Irving and Walker there are no true PGs so he should roll the dice and try his lock this year in the draft. Jones is gone, Kanter I doubt will go back to college and pass up a sure contract especially if it is a lotto pick (proballly top 10) and especially if the rumours about his injury proneness is true.

Als you forgot all about Wiltjer who is an extremely important player for this team as a hybrid forward who can shoot with the best of them. Wiltjer reminds me of Andrea Bargnani but playing in his natural position. The team is going to be amazing with or without this years freshmen.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I thi9nk Knight would be crazy too come back next year with all the talent set to join the team. He is probally going to fall at the most to the 20th pick, and aside from him, Irving and Walker there are no true PGs so he should roll the dice and try his lock this year in the draft. Jones is gone, Kanter I doubt will go back to college and pass up a sure contract especially if it is a lotto pick (proballly top 10) and especially if the rumours about his injury proneness is true.

Als you forgot all about Wiltjer who is an extremely important player for this team as a hybrid forward who can shoot with the best of them. Wiltjer reminds me of Andrea Bargnani but playing in his natural position. The team is going to be amazing with or without this years freshmen.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Why would Knight come back, theres no indication now or in the history of Coach Cal good/great point guards that he will come back. The smart money is he wont come back

And Kanter has been ruled permanently ineligible so even if he wanted to he can not come play next year, he was found to be a pro bball player. It’s no different then someone playing there rookie year in the NBA then tryna go to college, he’s done

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Why would Knight come back, theres no indication now or in the history of Coach Cal good/great point guards that he will come back. The smart money is he wont come back

And Kanter has been ruled permanently ineligible so even if he wanted to he can not come play next year, he was found to be a pro bball player. It’s no different then someone playing there rookie year in the NBA then tryna go to college, he’s done

xavier328
    Participant

They have one of the best recruiting classes i’ve ever seen coming in next year!

xavier328
    Participant

They have one of the best recruiting classes i’ve ever seen coming in next year!

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

The only thing missing from there class is a center and they are still in the hunt for Deandre Daniels and Trevor Lacy

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

The only thing missing from there class is a center and they are still in the hunt for Deandre Daniels and Trevor Lacy

Lotto Stud
    Participant

"Why would Knight come back, theres no indication now or in the history of Coach Cal good/great point guards that he will come back."

Do you remember a highly touted Mickey D’s guard by the name of Darius Washington Jr., coach Cal had? He was not drafted at all & currently not on a NBA roster.

SEASONTEAMMINPTSREBASTTOA/TSTLBLKPFFG%FT%3P%PPS
    2004-2005MEM35.115.43.63.83.51.071.7.12.3.460.733.3951.39
    2005-2006MEM26.513.42.83.13.2.991.3.11.8.423.783.3571.30

Lotto Stud
    Participant

"Why would Knight come back, theres no indication now or in the history of Coach Cal good/great point guards that he will come back."

Do you remember a highly touted Mickey D’s guard by the name of Darius Washington Jr., coach Cal had? He was not drafted at all & currently not on a NBA roster.

SEASONTEAMMINPTSREBASTTOA/TSTLBLKPFFG%FT%3P%PPS
    2004-2005MEM35.115.43.63.83.51.071.7.12.3.460.733.3951.39
    2005-2006MEM26.513.42.83.13.2.991.3.11.8.423.783.3571.30

Sorry.Winning.
    Participant

Enes Kanter- He is probably the only one I could see staying because he hasn’t played this year. He stays at UK to become the starting Center/Power Forward for 2011-2012 Wildcats.

Terrence Jones- Jones is as good as gone, he is a lottery pick but with a deep run in the tournament and possibly a championship he could be a top 3 pick. He leaves UK and declares for the 2011 NBA draft.

Brandon Knight- Doubt he will stay even though he is a young freshmen (just turned 18 in December), worst case for Knight if he leave the Suns draft him late in the lottery. He leaves UK and declares for the 2011 NBA draft.

Doron Lamb- This is tough I suggest he stays. I don’t want to see him be like Deaquan Cook leaving too early and being picked off the board towards the 20’s BUT I also don’t want to see him be like Willie Warren staying that extra year to gain stock but then falling into the second round. He stays at UK to become the starting Shooting Guard for 2011-2012 Wildcats.

Sorry.Winning.
    Participant

Enes Kanter- He is probably the only one I could see staying because he hasn’t played this year. He stays at UK to become the starting Center/Power Forward for 2011-2012 Wildcats.

Terrence Jones- Jones is as good as gone, he is a lottery pick but with a deep run in the tournament and possibly a championship he could be a top 3 pick. He leaves UK and declares for the 2011 NBA draft.

Brandon Knight- Doubt he will stay even though he is a young freshmen (just turned 18 in December), worst case for Knight if he leave the Suns draft him late in the lottery. He leaves UK and declares for the 2011 NBA draft.

Doron Lamb- This is tough I suggest he stays. I don’t want to see him be like Deaquan Cook leaving too early and being picked off the board towards the 20’s BUT I also don’t want to see him be like Willie Warren staying that extra year to gain stock but then falling into the second round. He stays at UK to become the starting Shooting Guard for 2011-2012 Wildcats.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Perfect analogys for Lamb.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Perfect analogys for Lamb.

immaletufinishbut
    Participant

knight is as gone as the obannon brothers…………..lol

immaletufinishbut
    Participant

knight is as gone as the obannon brothers…………..lol

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

The difference Darius wasn’t a first round player after his first season. Scouts said he would go undrafted if he went in the Draft

And what part of permanently ineligible do some people don’t understand. There is no reapply, this isn’t a one year ineligible sentence for Kanter, its permanent

"Enes will always be a part of our family and I plan to be by his side in the green room whenever he is drafted," Calipari said.

The only way he could play next season is if he took the NCAA to court and won

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

The difference Darius wasn’t a first round player after his first season. Scouts said he would go undrafted if he went in the Draft

And what part of permanently ineligible do some people don’t understand. There is no reapply, this isn’t a one year ineligible sentence for Kanter, its permanent

"Enes will always be a part of our family and I plan to be by his side in the green room whenever he is drafted," Calipari said.

The only way he could play next season is if he took the NCAA to court and won

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Kanter is good as gone.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Kanter is good as gone.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I bet if DWash made the jump when Telfair did he would have got drafted.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I bet if DWash made the jump when Telfair did he would have got drafted.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

He has no choice unless he goes to court

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

He has no choice unless he goes to court

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

To bad no team thought so. When he played in college he show cased weakness that they didn’t realize he had. Telfar didn’t go to college there for his weakness were not showcased so no he wouldn’t have gone before Telfair. On top of that He never showed point guard ability just a scorer who didn’t really score a whole lot as a freshman

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

To bad no team thought so. When he played in college he show cased weakness that they didn’t realize he had. Telfar didn’t go to college there for his weakness were not showcased so no he wouldn’t have gone before Telfair. On top of that He never showed point guard ability just a scorer who didn’t really score a whole lot as a freshman

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

I think Knight, Jones, Kanter and Lamb will all go with a strong tourney. How many good SG’s are in this draft potentially?

This recruiting class is good, plus consider Elroy Vargas is coming back and still developing as a potential C, the Wildcats should be alright.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

I think Knight, Jones, Kanter and Lamb will all go with a strong tourney. How many good SG’s are in this draft potentially?

This recruiting class is good, plus consider Elroy Vargas is coming back and still developing as a potential C, the Wildcats should be alright.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I doubt if Lamb goes. Scouts aren’t very high on him as a first rounder this year, even if he has a good tourney. Scouts still aren’t real high on Knight although i dont agree. He has moved up in there mind though(espn insider)

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I doubt if Lamb goes. Scouts aren’t very high on him as a first rounder this year, even if he has a good tourney. Scouts still aren’t real high on Knight although i dont agree. He has moved up in there mind though(espn insider)

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I never said he would have went ahead of Telfair. I said he would have gotten drafted, he would have been a 2nd Round pick. ’04 was the year for the High Schoolers, someone would have took a gamble on him, too much hype was out there over High Schoolers that year.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I never said he would have went ahead of Telfair. I said he would have gotten drafted, he would have been a 2nd Round pick. ’04 was the year for the High Schoolers, someone would have took a gamble on him, too much hype was out there over High Schoolers that year.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

You mean if he would have came out instead of going to college??..oh yeah he would have gotten drafted and might have gone first round. Scouts actually liked him more then.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

You mean if he would have came out instead of going to college??..oh yeah he would have gotten drafted and might have gone first round. Scouts actually liked him more then.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

I doubt if Lamb goes. Scouts aren’t very high on him as a first rounder this year, even if he has a good tourney. Scouts still aren’t real high on Knight although i dont agree. He has moved up in there mind though(espn insider)

True, but we seen people with bigger flaws become 1st round picks after a good tourney. It’s a proven fact that players with good tourneys get drafted 5-10 spots higher every year. If Kentucky gets into the elite eight, I could see people fall in love with Lamb. Like I said, not too many good (proven is a better word) SG’s in this draft and if Lamb presents a good case in the tourney, I could see him leave.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

I doubt if Lamb goes. Scouts aren’t very high on him as a first rounder this year, even if he has a good tourney. Scouts still aren’t real high on Knight although i dont agree. He has moved up in there mind though(espn insider)

True, but we seen people with bigger flaws become 1st round picks after a good tourney. It’s a proven fact that players with good tourneys get drafted 5-10 spots higher every year. If Kentucky gets into the elite eight, I could see people fall in love with Lamb. Like I said, not too many good (proven is a better word) SG’s in this draft and if Lamb presents a good case in the tourney, I could see him leave.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Jordan Crawford is a prime example of a Tourney guy gone 1st Round.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Jordan Crawford is a prime example of a Tourney guy gone 1st Round.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Plus…the last Chad Ford update said he’s a potential first rounder

Lamb didn’t get nearly the love that Knight or Jones did coming into Kentucky, but he’s been terrific in his own right. He’s a super smooth scorer with terrific range on his jump shot. He even showed this week that he can play some point when asked to do so. Scouts aren’t sure he’s a one-and-done candidate just yet, but he’s clearly in the first-round conversation after what he did here.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Plus…the last Chad Ford update said he’s a potential first rounder

Lamb didn’t get nearly the love that Knight or Jones did coming into Kentucky, but he’s been terrific in his own right. He’s a super smooth scorer with terrific range on his jump shot. He even showed this week that he can play some point when asked to do so. Scouts aren’t sure he’s a one-and-done candidate just yet, but he’s clearly in the first-round conversation after what he did here.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

actually its not a fact. i made a post about that after i talked to some scouts when i was in Cali for Stanford’s tourney. They said they move up if they show something that they haven’t seen from a player before. if they see the same stuff that they have seen all year then they don’t move up in there eyes. Example is if Jimmer started dropping a bunch of dimes while scoring he would move up but if he is just scoring he would not. There are exceptions like a guy they are already kinda high on and they do something like double there scoring or rebounding while going to the final four and out playing a higher ranked prospect

If Lamb showed some PG ability in the tournament then he would move up. Lambs question mark to them is his height and his point guard ability( they dont think he has the height or length to play SG)

Now i don’t agree with them because i think he is a very good player who can be a combo guard  in the NBA but I’m just relaying what was told to me

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

actually its not a fact. i made a post about that after i talked to some scouts when i was in Cali for Stanford’s tourney. They said they move up if they show something that they haven’t seen from a player before. if they see the same stuff that they have seen all year then they don’t move up in there eyes. Example is if Jimmer started dropping a bunch of dimes while scoring he would move up but if he is just scoring he would not. There are exceptions like a guy they are already kinda high on and they do something like double there scoring or rebounding while going to the final four and out playing a higher ranked prospect

If Lamb showed some PG ability in the tournament then he would move up. Lambs question mark to them is his height and his point guard ability( they dont think he has the height or length to play SG)

Now i don’t agree with them because i think he is a very good player who can be a combo guard  in the NBA but I’m just relaying what was told to me

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Nah, there are clear cases when players jump. Chad Ford and another dude ( I don’t remember his name, he was on the Jonah Keri podcast) discuss how they both viewed how scouts changed thier opinion on tourney play. Ford even discussed last year, how Jordan Crawford was a 2nd rounder before the tourney, and teams were talking about him a lock for the 1st round. I know that’s what the scouts told you, but I believe Chad Ford and other people who are just a little bit closer to scouts.

Not to mention, we can go back every year and find a guy who had a big tourney and got drafted too high

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Nah, there are clear cases when players jump. Chad Ford and another dude ( I don’t remember his name, he was on the Jonah Keri podcast) discuss how they both viewed how scouts changed thier opinion on tourney play. Ford even discussed last year, how Jordan Crawford was a 2nd rounder before the tourney, and teams were talking about him a lock for the 1st round. I know that’s what the scouts told you, but I believe Chad Ford and other people who are just a little bit closer to scouts.

Not to mention, we can go back every year and find a guy who had a big tourney and got drafted too high

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I”m not close to the scouts except one but that has nothing to do with what they said. if its me or there mother hearing what they said its still what they said

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I”m not close to the scouts except one but that has nothing to do with what they said. if its me or there mother hearing what they said its still what they said

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

And these players that went too high in fans minds is different from the scouts already having them high on there draft board. It surprises fans when the player goes high but it doesn’t surprise the team that drafted him or other teams. These teams watch them all year then invite them to workouts( at least 20 different players some more than once). A workout will get you drafted higher than a good tournament

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

And these players that went too high in fans minds is different from the scouts already having them high on there draft board. It surprises fans when the player goes high but it doesn’t surprise the team that drafted him or other teams. These teams watch them all year then invite them to workouts( at least 20 different players some more than once). A workout will get you drafted higher than a good tournament

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Another thing scouts to do that i forgot to add is they will pump up a player or downplay a player to chad ford and those other guys so other teams won’t draft them so they can get them or so other teams will draft them and they can get a player they want to drop to them

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Another thing scouts to do that i forgot to add is they will pump up a player or downplay a player to chad ford and those other guys so other teams won’t draft them so they can get them or so other teams will draft them and they can get a player they want to drop to them

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

What? Alright, your’e close to one scout (remember you said scout because you said scouts last time) , Chad Ford is close to scoutS. Who does it sound like I’m gonna believe? Plus, it’s not only Chad, but Ryen Russillo brings it up alot on his podcast and even some of the advanced people have NUMBERS proving this.

Like I said, we can go back and look at people who got picked too high because of good tourneys. Hell, lets ask Aran about it and I’m pretty sure he’d say the same thing "people move up with good tourneys"

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

What? Alright, your’e close to one scout (remember you said scout because you said scouts last time) , Chad Ford is close to scoutS. Who does it sound like I’m gonna believe? Plus, it’s not only Chad, but Ryen Russillo brings it up alot on his podcast and even some of the advanced people have NUMBERS proving this.

Like I said, we can go back and look at people who got picked too high because of good tourneys. Hell, lets ask Aran about it and I’m pretty sure he’d say the same thing "people move up with good tourneys"

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

i don’t care if you believe me or not just relaying what the scouts told me thats all. You believe what you want. i don’t need to ask Aran because i got it from the scouts mouth’s so i’ll stick with that instead of a third party just like you’re doing the same thing

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

i don’t care if you believe me or not just relaying what the scouts told me thats all. You believe what you want. i don’t need to ask Aran because i got it from the scouts mouth’s so i’ll stick with that instead of a third party just like you’re doing the same thing

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

This is another thing: How are we supposed to believe you man? You said some crazy stuff before ( you know scouts, Kurtis Rice) among other things and it’s just tough to believe you.

Like the history shows and the people are saying, scouts like players more with good tournaments and they can go 5-10 spots higher then they supposed to.

Also, if they lying to Chad, how do you know they ain’t lying to you?

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

This is another thing: How are we supposed to believe you man? You said some crazy stuff before ( you know scouts, Kurtis Rice) among other things and it’s just tough to believe you.

Like the history shows and the people are saying, scouts like players more with good tournaments and they can go 5-10 spots higher then they supposed to.

Also, if they lying to Chad, how do you know they ain’t lying to you?

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I’m not trying to convince anyone to think different then what they already think. Just relaying what the scouts told me. Its up to each person to believe or not

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

I’m not trying to convince anyone to think different then what they already think. Just relaying what the scouts told me. Its up to each person to believe or not

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Hmm… who will I believe.. a reporter who basically lives off of scouting and scouting is practically his life?  Or the most bandwagon fan on a website that he claims to be related to players in Stanford and is apparently always right and now has connections with a scout?

Tough one.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Hmm… who will I believe.. a reporter who basically lives off of scouting and scouting is practically his life?  Or the most bandwagon fan on a website that he claims to be related to players in Stanford and is apparently always right and now has connections with a scout?

Tough one.

kacey
    Participant

If you don’t mind me asking which scout do you know?

You are dead on the money about scouts lying to Chad, I’m sure he gets lied to often. He may even get paid off by some agents to move a guy up high in his mock (Alabi?). However, based on how many sources a guy like Chad has, I’m sure he still projects where guys are currently slotted very well.

kacey
    Participant

If you don’t mind me asking which scout do you know?

You are dead on the money about scouts lying to Chad, I’m sure he gets lied to often. He may even get paid off by some agents to move a guy up high in his mock (Alabi?). However, based on how many sources a guy like Chad has, I’m sure he still projects where guys are currently slotted very well.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

DRew from the PHX suns. He was my brothers teammate out in isreal. He went to the university of Virgina. i can’t recall his last name though. He’s the one who told me PHX is in love with Jordan Williams

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

DRew from the PHX suns. He was my brothers teammate out in isreal. He went to the university of Virgina. i can’t recall his last name though. He’s the one who told me PHX is in love with Jordan Williams

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

lol..who’s bandwagon have i jumped on…hmmm let me see

Always been a laker fan

Always said Love was good but never knew he would be this good

Always liked westbrook more than rose

And go ask Josh his self

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000271790716

or my brothers page and see ask the NBA players and scouts that are on his page then come back and talk

http://www.facebook.com/#!/poncho.hodges

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

lol..who’s bandwagon have i jumped on…hmmm let me see

Always been a laker fan

Always said Love was good but never knew he would be this good

Always liked westbrook more than rose

And go ask Josh his self

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000271790716

or my brothers page and see ask the NBA players and scouts that are on his page then come back and talk

http://www.facebook.com/#!/poncho.hodges

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

It’s okay dude, no need to get angry.  There’s a reason nobody likes you on this site.  Lmao.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

It’s okay dude, no need to get angry.  There’s a reason nobody likes you on this site.  Lmao.

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

not angry just showing you how wrong you are. LOL im suppossed to care if people like me or not on here…really lol

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

not angry just showing you how wrong you are. LOL im suppossed to care if people like me or not on here…really lol

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

It’s okay man, relax bro.  Breath

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

It’s okay man, relax bro.  Breath

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Don’t be frustrated cuz i proved you wrong . Just go up stairs and let you’re mom hug and and tell you its ok then you can come back and join us for some basketball talk. all is forgiven:)

K.LOVE THE ALLSTAR

Don’t be frustrated cuz i proved you wrong . Just go up stairs and let you’re mom hug and and tell you its ok then you can come back and join us for some basketball talk. all is forgiven:)

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Aww… that might work.  I’m going upstairs right now!  🙂  Thanks man!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Aww… that might work.  I’m going upstairs right now!  🙂  Thanks man!

EuroBall
    Participant

Brandon Knight will be better of if he stays another year. think about this he’s four months younger than Austin Rivers and three months older than Marques Teague. This Guy could be in the class of 2011, imagine that… he would destroy that class.. He would likely be the best in that class by any scout. Another year would benefit this guy game. 

EuroBall
    Participant

Brandon Knight will be better of if he stays another year. think about this he’s four months younger than Austin Rivers and three months older than Marques Teague. This Guy could be in the class of 2011, imagine that… he would destroy that class.. He would likely be the best in that class by any scout. Another year would benefit this guy game. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login