This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar StF616 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    HandDownManDown13
    Participant

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-100521

This article outlines an equation that John Hollinger uses to evaluate college prospects. and it shows the results of the equation for the players in this draft.

The end result of the equation is a number that estimates a player’s PER in their 4-5 years in the league

I know how skeptical everyone must be about this sort of thing, and how much everyone hates on hollinger but check out this crazy results.

Out of the top 12 scores for prospects every year, Hollinger has yet to miss an all star that was picked in the lotter..

meaning? out of every lottery pick who became an all star, this Draft Rater equation has put them in the top 12 scores out of their class.

This equation has evaluated every class since 2002.

It has also picked 5 all stars that werent taken in the lottery: Danny Granger, Carlos Boozer, Rajon Rondo, Josh Howard, and David West.

HandDownManDown13
    Participant

Here’s another interesting thing. Out of the players scoring over 15 (eight players total), 4 are legit superstars (Durant, Wade, CP3, and Melo) and one, Tyreke, is well on his way there.

that being said, here are the top 12 for the class of 2010

1. Demarcus Cousins, 16.14
    2. Evan Turner, 14.79
    3. John Wall, 14.68
    4. Greg Monroe, 14.39
    5. Derrick Favors, 13.98
    6. Xavier Henry 13.52
    7. Luke Babbitt 13.35
    8. Al-Farouq Aminu 13.30
    9. Wes Johnson 13.03
    10. Greivis Vasquez 12.97
    11. Sylven Landesberg 12.52
    12. Omar Samhan 12.47

jazznationpresident
    Participant

Where was Adam Morison rated, I suspect he was high…..

jazznationpresident
    Participant

Who were in there class’s top twelve but ended up flopping?

StF616
    Participant

I just dont see omar samhan, a star, even a starter, in the league

lalaila
    Participant

so this means DeMarcus is only 9th one who has over 15 (even over 16) and this means he is SUPERstar in making???yeaahh man i knew it!!!!LOL No i can’t tell it just because of these numbers but i’m one of those guys who think DeMarcus was most dominant player in college and being that good wouldn’t shock me.

and also: hasn’t Blake last year over 15 some even said he was the best college player of the decade so he problably had better rater than Tyreke’s??

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login