This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ilmago 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    J-rueMykel
    Participant

200. Aaron Brooks PG (PHX)…..Just two short years ago this guy nearly averaged 20 a game.  After spending a season on the sideline, I look for him to come in refreshed and rejuvenataed.  Wouldn’t mind seeing him get paired up with Kobe.

199. Jason Kidd PG (DAL)….Too anyone who watched Jason Kidd play last year: You’re totally right this is way to high.  Sad part is this guy once DOMINATED the league.  He’s probably a fringe top 50 player of all time too!  Now he looks forward to someday backing up Deron Williams.  HOF’er without a doubt.

198. Sundiata Gaines SG (BRK)….I am really high on this young man’s game.  Just seems like he brings what he can give and isn’t afraid of crunchtime.  From a statistical viewpoint, he performed very well last year!

197. Alec Burks SG (UTA)….Probably overachievied slightly in year one, a very good sign for the Utah organization, who always seems to overachieve might I add.  I’d feel safe calling Burks a prospect with serious upside, who can contribute right now!

196. Randy Foye SG (LAC)….6 years in the league, has spent all of them as a PART TIME STARTER.  Really strange career path thus far, but he seems to give you what you know he can get you.  Which can’t be said for everyone.

J-rueMykel
    Participant

195. Jason Richardson SG (ORL)…The explosiveness is gone.  The shot is losing the touch.  He’s gaining weight, and he still manages to be a quality servicable veteran in the league.  Nice career JRich!

194 Vince Carter SG (DAL)…See Jason Richardson!

193. Corey Maggette SG (CHA)…..An old school One and done I believe! Has always had serious talent/athleticism. Occasionally will live up to his potential on nights.  Kind of like a Vince Carter/Jason Richardson Light. 

192. Nick Young SG (LAC)….Similar to Randy Foye (more upside), slightly better scorer and athlete.  Similar exploitable weaknesses.

191. Jonas Jerebko PF (DET)….Love this young mans game.  I’d call him a mini-Anderson Varajao.  Shares similar love for the locks too!

J-rueMykel
    Participant

190. ZaZa Pauchilia C (ATL)….Shoulder a lot of the Al Horford burden, and played above expectations while doing so!

189. D.J. Augustine PG (CHA)….Was once considered a budding star in the league; no one’s mistaking him anymore.

188. Gary Neal PG (SAS)…..Consumate Spur.  Plays smart, maximizes his effectiveness, and gives you 100%.  Amazing what Dr. Popovich does out there in San Antonio!

187. Ed Davis PF (TOR)….Continuance of the useful forwards for TOR, that no one really knows what to do with or how good they trul are.

186. Amir Johnson PF (TOR)….See Ed Davis

185. James Johnson SF (TOR)…..See Amir Johnson

J-rueMykel
    Participant

184. Jon Leuer PF (MIL)….Style of his play kind of defines Wisconsin Basketball.  He was super impressive in his rookie season.  He is likely maxed out his potential (Bo Ryan tends to get the best out of everyone!) but showed he will be useful for several years to come!

183. Corey Brewer SF (DEN)…Very quietly had a solid season.  He’s probably twice the player as Wesley Johnson(who is still a starter somehow).

182. Chandler Parson SF (HOU)….Very Similar to Jon Leuer.  I’d give him a slight edge because I think his cieling is considerably higher.

181. Robin Lopez PF (PHX)….A supper hustle guy and probably something like Poor Man’s Joakim Noah.  So far I’d at the very least have to consider his career mor succesful than his brother Brook’s…Weird!

J-rueMykel
    Participant

180. Nikola Vucevic C (PHI)….Proved very useful for Phila.  Just 21 years old and I believe he will develop VERY NICELY once he starts to get meaningful minutes.  He’s officially on LEAP WATCH.

179.  Dante Cunningham PF (MEM)…..Watched a lot of him at Villanova, I was convinced then, as I still am today, that he would hang around the NBA with kind of game he has.  Does a lot of little things well and contributes to all parts of the game.

178. Anthony Randolph PF (MIN)…..At every stop in his young career he has been IMPRESSIVE.  And at every stop he has had trouble getting minutes….

177. Greivies Vasquez PG (NO)….Good size, handles, and scoring ability for an NBA PG.  Hard not to see him evolving into a starting point soon.

176. Jordan Hill PF (LAL)…..Two words people: LEAP WATCH.

J-rueMykel
    Participant

175. Leandro Barbosa SG (IND)….Was once a key contributer on several outstanding MVP NASH PHX teams.  Still doing a nice job contributing on a nightly basis!

174. JJ Redick SG (ORL)….Terrific shooter who probably doesn’t get enough credit for other facets of his game.  One of the greatest college basketball players ever, and likely the most hated (JJ is Redick-ously gay)

173. Ben Gordon SG (DET)….Was once the prototypical scoring 2 guard sixth man who could come in and light you up.  Not doing that as frequently these days though.

172. Delonte West SG (DAL)….I remember hearing something really funny on here about some player being the product of Delonte and Gloria James.  Really wish I knew where it was to quote it!

171. Kyle Korver SF (CHI)….Completely flawless game, YOU JUST GOT PUNKED!

J-rueMykel
    Participant

170. C.J. Watson PG (CHI)….Really did a nice job in the regular season keeping the Bulls going when Rose was out.  Will probably lose minutes to a kind-of emerging John Lucas next season, but there will be plent to share with Rose missing serious time.

169. John Lucas PG (CHI)…..Slightly more effecient, Slightly more effective, and considerably higher ceiling than backcourt mate CJ Watson.  The playoffs showed how bare it really is offensively for CHI.  Its hard to get things done with Noah, Boozer, Deng, and Hamilton as your scoring threats, Do you see why D. Rose might seriously be the MVP?

168. Omer Asik C (CHI)….Chicago’s bench is probably the most servicable in the league.  This guy’s a rock star in Chicago and is going to get some big bucks someday.  And he isn’t even the headliner sub for the Bulls!

167. Luke Ridnour G (MIN)….Never has gotten the right kind of credit for the kind of game he has.  Was, supposedly the second best Luke on his college team (Remember Luke Jackson, yeah me neither), yet he has managed to stick around for what feels like an eternity!

166.Mareese Speights C (MEM)…Big men who play good D get paid serious money (ask Kendrick Perkins)

J-rueMykel
    Participant

165. Trevor Booker PF (WAS)…..Had a nice PER of 15.16 and played well in limited duty.  Kind of a logjam in WAS as the team doesn’t really know what it’s identity should or who their talented players are.

164. Nick Collison PF (OKC)…I know he’s ranked behind Kendrick on this list, but seriosly he looked heads and tails better than Perk the whole postseason.  Hustles, rebounds, and actually scores a little bit.  He does everything Kendrick doesn’t and still manages to give you mediocre defense!

163. Trevor Ariza SF (WAS)….Think he makes a great running mate for John Wall.  We will see how it turns out but I don’t think that trade was as terrible for WAS as most do.

162. J.R. Smith SG (NYK)……Playing oveseas really backfired for everyone who tried it, except for maybe Deron Williams they fuckin loved him!

161. Darren Collison PG (IND)…..Doesn’t seem to be the PG he was when CP3 was instructng him.  Dont think IND needs to keep him and George Hill.  They should try and get an asset out of whichever they like less.

J-rueMykel
    Participant

160. Rodrigue Beaubois PG (DAL)….It became pretty obvious who the best PG on Dallas roster was this year.  Think Kidd’s accepting he’s going to have to take a backup role, but I doubt he wants to do it to Rody Beau. 

159. Gustavo Ayon C (NO)…..Another big who came out of nowhere, and played amaizing.  I think he’s like 25 years old but should become a better NBA player with more time to develop.  Very Intriguing Piece.

158. Kendrick Perkins C (BOS)……Plays elite post D, however his pick n roll D leaves much to be desired.  His 4 year 34 million dollar contract is pretty laughable, but is probably Sam Presti’s only glaring mistake. Imagine if OKC had Tyson Chandler manning the middle, that my friends would be scary!

157. Channing Frye PF (PHX)….Talented Guy.  Seems to lack heart.  Bad Contract.  Seems like a lot of negatives for a guy who almost ripped my soul out and beat the ’05 Illini in the elite 8.  Pretty sure you all know how that ended! Still to this day it’s one of the greatest games I have ever seen!  Solid AZ team that year too!

156. Enes Kanter PF (UTA)…..Another talented Utah prospect who may be overachieving early.  That organization really makes great personnel decisions year in and year out.  They have a surplus of VERY NICE bigs right now, should be fun to see what they do with them.  

J-rueMykel
    Participant

155. Chase Budinger SF (HOU)….Has been a key contributer since he step foot in the league.  Not easy to do as a 2nd round pick!

154. JJ Baraea PG (MIN)…..Shocked how well he played last postseason.  Shocked MIN paid him all that money.   Shocked that he’s actually close to worth it.  As Rubio comes along, he may be a nice trade asset.

153. Caron Butler SF (LAC)….Another guy who would likely benefit from gameplans and a sophisticated system in LAC.  If all the pieces fell the right way LAC could very well be the favorites to win the title next year.  Really funny to think about it like that!

152. Lamar Odom PF (LAL)…..He pretty much quit on his team, married a Kardashian, and looks like an alien; but he does have a sweet stroke for a big man, and is willing to do the little things to win.  Doubt he stays down this low for long.

151.Wilson Chandler SF (DEN)…Missed the majority of 2012 season after making a mini leap in 2010-2011.  Look forward to watching him get back at it!

J-rueMykel
    Participant

Not complaining about it, but I’d like to know why you think so low…..

kobyz
    Participant

Mareese Speights doesn’t play any D!

Chewy
    Participant

John Lucas is better than CJ Watson? Come on now. They play on the same team so it should be easy to see who plays more when Rose is out.

J-rueMykel
    Participant

doesn’t necessarily mean plays better.

Chewy
    Participant

is easily the better player who also plays more. John Lucas can’t guard my lunch let alone a NBA basketball player. He is only comfortable comming off screens going to the right. When he goes left off screens he doesn’t shoot ever. He can’t finish in the lane. He has a hard time making the passes needs to and can’t get players the ball in a position to score because he’s too small to get the pass by the defender and doesn’t have the quickness that short players like Boykins and Aaron Brooks have.

CJ Watson was a huge reason that the Bulls had the best record in the league w/ the Spurs even though Rose was out with injuries for almost half the season. CJ could be a rotation player on any team in the league. Lucas can’t.

Wahoo757
    Participant

I liked your list at the beginning but it’s spiraling downhill. I know it’s difficult comparing players between positions but you’re probably the only person I know that thinks Guatavo Ayon and John Lucas are better than Ben Gordon.

ilmago
    Participant

You are probably the only person that thinks Sundiata Gaines is more useful that Jason Kidd. I don’t care how old is he. We are talking about Sundiata Gaines here!!!!

Also, I would rather have Reggie Williams and Marco Belinelli than any of the shooting guards you have in the 190s

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login