This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Siggy 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    DunksNJordans23
    Participant

Does IU need either Oladipo or Zeller to come back next year? They will be awfully young if neither come back. Their starters next year would probably be Sophomore PG Ferrell , Freshmen SG Robinson, Senior SF Will Sheehey, Freshmen PF Noah Vonleh, and Sophomore C Peter Jurkin. The debate is open to Junior Remy Abel becoming the starting SG and Freshmen Troy Williams starting at SF.

I’m just worried that they won’t have a very good upper classmen to help guide them, no offense to Will Sheehey.

If I had to pick one of the two to come back, my preference would be Zeller to come back especially if they don’t win the national championship this year

J_01
    Participant

Of course it would be ideal if zeller returns but highly unlikely since he will most likely be a top 5 pick in this draft as opposed to coming back and entering in 2014 where he will most likely fall in the lower half or top 10 or maybe even late lottery.

With or without Zeller or Oladipo the hoosiers will still be good, inexperienced yes but the talent is there. They bring in a very strong recruiting class lead by Vonleh, Williams and Robinson. Vonleh will immediately contribute and most likely be the teams best player he’ll fill the role as the main big that zeller is now. Don’t underestimate Williams either he’s a very athletic wing that could fill Oladipo’s role. Also Ferrell has had a good freshman year and he should improve with experience. Indiana will probably be preseason top 10 for sure maybe even top 5 depending on where the last few prospects go. Great coach in Tom Crean too.

mcbailey
      Participant

It’s hard to say, though. I’d declare for the draft if I was Cody, but his family values academics highly. His brothers stayed all four years, albeit with lesser talent.

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

Dont sleep on incoming Freshman Luke Fischer from out of Wisconsin…He’s a seven foot Cody Zeller clone that could start right away next year… He’s not rated nearly as high as Cody was coming out of high school,but he’s having an impressive senior year

Indiana will be extremely young next year,but they have a huge influx of talent coming in next year and the year after… HS junior James Blackmom Jr. is a scoring machine and dont be surprised if Theo Pinson commits to IU in the near future.

Siggy
    Participant

They won’t be as good, but I think they still have what it takes to be a top 10 team. Yogi could be one of the best PGs in the country as soon as next yr. Sheehey has the ability to score in the teens in an expanded role. I also think Remy Abell has double digit scoring potential.
    They’ll have depth all over the place. Lots of young depth, but they’ll have the bodies to play a more full court, uptempo, pressing style which Crean has done in the past.
    One area where they might have a big drop off is inside presence. Mosquera will probably start, but he’s just a banger with little offensive skill. They might have to rely on frosh Vonleh for inside presence, but he likes to mix up his game working inside and out, and he’s not even a dominant scorer in HS.
    If I had to guess the starting lineup, I’d say:

Yogi
    Abell
    Sheehey
    Vonleh
    Mosquera-Parea

Maybe frosh Stanford Robinson starts since Abell can back up either guard position.

M-Eazy
      Participant

I just dont see Troy Williams not starting next year.

Siggy
        Participant

I can. He’s still very raw on both ends of the floor. Sheehey’s earned his starting spot.

DunksNJordans23
    Participant

Would it benefit Zeller to drop though? Not dollars wise but career wise. He could stay another year and get even better, possibly win another championship (if they win this year) or go after a first one, complete his degree, stock maybe drops to #12-15 and go to a team that isn’t relying on him to be their everything so he can just play his own game

Siggy
      Participant

No. Any situation where players’ stock drops isn’t a benefit to the player IMO. If he declares as expected he’ll go high and will automatically have a team invested in him being a core piece of their franchise. Even if he’s taken top 3, I think the team taking him would understand that he’s not a guy who they have to rely on to do everything. If a team takes him to be that, then they took him for the wrong reason.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login