This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The All-Star reserves will be announced tonight on TNT, I believe around 7 pm or so. Either way, thought it might once again be fun to predict who we see making the teams. I will post a template and my predictions. Feel free to use the template to give your own predictions:

Eastern Conference

C Dwight Howard

F LeBron James

F Carmelo Anthony

G Dwyane Wade

G Derrick Rose

PF

SF 

SG 

PG 

Wildcard: 

Wildcard: 

Western Conference

C Andrew Bynum

F Blake Griffin

F Kevin Durant

G Kobe Bryant

G Chris Paul

PF 

SF 

SG 

PG 

Wildcard: 

Wildcard:

Eastern Conference

C Dwight Howard

F LeBron James

F Carmelo Anthony

G Dwyane Wade

G Derrick Rose

C Roy Hibbert

PF Chris Bosh

SF Andre Iguodala

SG Joe Johnson

PG Rajon Rondo

Wildcard: Paul Pierce

Wildcard: Deron Williams

Final 5 cuts: Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, Danny Granger, Kyrie Irving, Ryan Anderson

Western Conference

C Andrew Bynum

F Blake Griffin

F Kevin Durant

G Kobe Bryant

G Chris Paul

C Pau Gasol

PF LaMarcus Aldridge

SF Kevin Love (Think they use some creative license on this one)

SG Russell Westbrook (This one, too)

PG Tony Parker

Wildcard: Steve Nash

Wildcard: Paul Millsap

Final 7 cuts (had to highlight two more guys): Dirk Nowitzki (Who still could make it, even without deserving to), Al Jefferson, Ty Lawson, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol

realtalk_901
    Participant

My list:

Eastern Conference

C Dwight Howard

F LeBron James

F Carmelo Anthony

G Dwyane Wade

G Derrick Rose

Reserves:

C Chris Bosh

F Josh Smith

F Danny Granger

G Andre Iguodala

G Rajon Rondo

Wildcard: Paul Pierce

Wildcard: Deron Williams

Western Conference

C Andrew Bynum

F Blake Griffin

F Kevin Durant

G Kobe Bryant

G Chris Paul

Reserves 

C Marc Gasol

F LaMarcus Aldridge

F Kevin Love

G Russell Westbrook

G Kyle Lowry

Wildcard: Paul Millsap

Wildcard:  TonyParker or Tim Duncan(Based off record)

***West have no balance with alot of PGs and PFs, but  I think this is how it will go

db24kb24
    Participant

put Monta Ellis in there. He’s been playing at a high level for years and is the leader/heart of the GSW. They are thin on talent/experience so their record will never reflect the kind of player he is. 

realtalk_901
      Participant

Monta’s team  is not winning enough games for him to be selected. Tell me one player on my list that you think he should get a nod over in the the west….dont worry im waiting…

To be honest, I think if they decide the teams based on playing positions which i doubt then Ellis or even Rudy Gay should easily make it because of lack of skills in the west at their positions.

NYK2010
    Participant

Pass on Rondo he hasn’t played enough for me but not sure who would replace him.

How about Tyson Chandler as an All Star he’s been pretty consistent and now getting more touches with a new PG.

db24kb24
    Participant

Is Monta not the 2nd best SG in the west?

And no he is not their PG.

Johnny Chill

Deserves to be an All Star reserve guard.

Of the 7 reserves sports, lets say 1 center, 3 forwards, and  3 guards that are selected as reserves.

Westbrook gets a nod. So 2 spots left at guard.

The question is who else deserves to be selected?

Tony Parker gets my pick. So 1 spot left at guard.

Rudy Gay, but he is more of a forward than a guard, unless they go with 4 fowards reserves.

Kyle Lowry or Ty Lawson, ummm no. Lowry and Lawson are playing well, but they hasnt been doing it as long and consistly as Ellis.

Nash? Love him, but not this year.

Ellis gets my nod as the 3rd reserve guard. Top 10 in scoring.

db24kb24
    Participant

I’m a Lowry fan (http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/kyle-lowrytop-5-pg), and it’s hard for me to put Ellis over Lowry but I hafta do it. Even if you throw positions out of consideration, Ellis is a top 4 or 5 guard on the West behind KB, Paul, and Westbrook. 

And the lack of talent on a team has nothing or little to do with an INDIVIDUAL. Should Steve Nash be penalized or considered any less because shannon brown, robin lopez, ronnie price, dudley, morris, and frye are garbage? No….Monta is and has been in a similar situation where his teammates are subpar. Speaking of Nash, everybody would regard him as an AS if he was swapped w/ Tony Parker. The Spurs are solid from the coach to their management to the end of their roster. 

Anyways, Monta has to do it on his own, Curry has barely been healthy (ankle) and Lee has been his only solid running mate. So with all that considered Monta has been a beast this year (23pts 6 asts 3boards) and for several years. 

Johnny Chill

Looks like they went with Nash over Ellis. Which is fine. Nash’s career has been amazing.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Wrong Gasol, Marc made it over Pau (deservedly, just predicted it goes to the more established All-Star, as it usually does). Missed Deng, got chosen over Rondo who played to few games. People, I agree that Danny Granger should have made it over Roy Hibbert, but I thought that would happen. Dirk did indeed make it in, sorry Paul Millsap. Still do not know why my All-Star choices got slammed, lol, 11/14 ain’t bad. Left Deng off the "cuts" list, but the Bulls are playing well enough for him to deserve a spot.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

But here would be the guys I would have actually voted for:

East: Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Danny Granger, Andre Iguodala, Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson

West: LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Paul Millsap, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Ty Lawson, Marc Gasol

Either way, you always have to take into account that a few of these guys will make it off of reputation. If it comes down to a first time All-Star versus a perennial All-Star, the perennial guy is usually going to win out. Realize that most of the guys who get "snubbed" or get called for being snubbed were either going for their first appearance or had injuries.

This season has gone by so quickly, I am not surprised that the All-Star choices seem kind of, well, funny. Congrats to Hibbert, Deng, Iguodala, Marc Gasol and LaMarcus Aldridge. They have all been All-Star quality on winning teams in this strange, lockout shortened season. Throw on 10-15 more games though, and we will see who would be All-Star’s in a "normal" season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login