This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lakre 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Who’s watching it? One of my favorite tournaments.

Who are the sleepers this year?

Anton123
    Participant

I’ll be watching a couple games every day, my sleeper is Slovenia: Goran Dragic will be looking to go out with a bang (it’s his final tournament). The rosters are pretty disappointing this year — so many of the top stars are out, won’t see Giannis, Gobert, Llull, Jokic… That’s why I’ll focus on the youngsters, wanna watch a lot of Doncic, some Markkannen, Bogdan Bogdanovic, very interesting to see how Saric is developing.

Overall — not very excited this year, but we should see some fun games.

redeyejedi
      Participant

Dragic with 30, Doncic with 11 pts 8 reb 6 ast 

GStatesince88
      Participant

I am thinking Slovenia is the favorite, rather than a sleeper. With borderline all-star G. Dragic, lottery pick Luka Doncic, ex-NBA big man Anthony Randolph, and a tenured supporting cast, who are their biggest challengers? 

Anton123
        Participant

Well, Spain and Serbia are the favorites. Croatia is ranked higher than Slovenia and has more NBA talent. Slovenia were 8th in the FIBA power rankings before the tournament, so there are many teams who are their challengers.

Using your method, I can describe Latvia in a way that makes them sound better than Slovenia: one of the brightest young stars in the NBA Porzingis, a rotation NBA player Davis Bertans, and a number of European standouts — who are their challengers? Well, almost everyone is.

dmo21
    Participant

Just looked over the rosters and it’s sad a lot of the top players dropped out. Spain looks like they’re going to run away with it.

From my 5 minute glance at each team, this is who I think will be the top 3 finishers in each pool.

A: France, Greece, Slovenia

B: Lithuania, Italy, Germany

C: Spain, Croatia, Montenegro

D: Serbia, Latvia, Turkey

Hopefully I can catch some few games. Always love watching Valanciunas play in international ball.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Apparently there were 2 huge upsets today. Finland just beat France with Markannen showing his chops with some huge clutch baskets. Finland’s star has always been Petri Kopponen but there was this guy named Wilson who was huge too.

Meanwhile, the Zaza led Georgia just upset Lithuania. This, I was surprised at. Tornike Shengelia if that’s how you spell his name led the team with 29 points. I remember this guy pairing with fellow international Mirza Teletovic for that infamous dumpster fire Brooklyn team. Didn’t stay long though but good that he is flourishing. Looks like a Georgian Jan Vessley out there.

lakre
    Participant

Willy Hernangomez schooling Nikola Vucevic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login