This topic contains 52 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar WizardofOz 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Winning_Time
    Participant

West
    1.Lakers
    2.Mavericks
    3.Utah
    4.Oklahoma City
    5.Nuggets
    6.Trail Blazers
    7.Spurs
    8.New Orleans
    9.Suns
    10.Rockets
    11.Memphis
    12.Warriors
    13.Clippers
    14.Timberwolves
    15.Kings

East
    1.Heat
    2.Magic
    3.Bulls
    4.Celtics
    5.Hawks
    6.Bucks
    7.Nets
    8.Knicks
    9.Pacers
    10.Wizards
    11.Cavs
    12.Bobcats
    13.Pistons
    14.76ers
    15.Raptors

Chewy
    Participant

as to why you chose them at the place you did?

-Nets at 7th seed is an ambitious prediction
    -Kings under the T-Wolves minus Al Jefferson?
    -N.O. over Suns w/ Nash and Hedo and Rockets w/ (hopefully) a healthy Yao

Things that I question ^

Chewy
    Participant

as to why you chose them at the place you did?

-Nets at 7th seed is an ambitious prediction
    -Kings under the T-Wolves minus Al Jefferson?
    -N.O. over Suns w/ Nash and Hedo and Rockets w/ (hopefully) a healthy Yao

Things that I question ^

JoeWolf1

I don’t think the Timberwolves are better than anyone this season.

JoeWolf1

I don’t think the Timberwolves are better than anyone this season.

NYK2010
    Participant

Nets won’t make the playoffs, I see them being 10th in the East at best 9th.
    As a Knicks fan it would be great if Houston misses the playoffs but its doubtful to say the least.
    Hornets better than the Rockets not at any position except PG.
    Jazz the 3rd seed yeah if everything breaks right.

NYK2010
    Participant

Nets won’t make the playoffs, I see them being 10th in the East at best 9th.
    As a Knicks fan it would be great if Houston misses the playoffs but its doubtful to say the least.
    Hornets better than the Rockets not at any position except PG.
    Jazz the 3rd seed yeah if everything breaks right.

Winning_Time
    Participant

What’s wrong with the Nets? Haha just kidding. Their record last year does not actually show how good they could be. Good PG, Good progressing Center and good role players. I think Avery Johnson puts them in good shape.

The T- wolves are a little better than the Kings. Beasley will be better than Jefferson, Love and JFlynn are coming back, and Brewer. The kings have a rookie of the year, Carl Landry, and Demarcus Cousins who hasn’t played a game yet. I think they are just a awful and I don’t see either doing well. It’s not like i said the Timberwolves are going to be ahead by 5 games.

I think that the HOU PHX and NO race will be real close but i feel some edge for Paul, Thornton, Ariza, Okafor, and West. Also Peja and Poindexter off the bench. Houston is a bit overrated just like Yao Ming. Plus Yao will probably get Injured. I think Pheonix will struggle a little without Amare and barely lose the eight seed.

Winning_Time
    Participant

What’s wrong with the Nets? Haha just kidding. Their record last year does not actually show how good they could be. Good PG, Good progressing Center and good role players. I think Avery Johnson puts them in good shape.

The T- wolves are a little better than the Kings. Beasley will be better than Jefferson, Love and JFlynn are coming back, and Brewer. The kings have a rookie of the year, Carl Landry, and Demarcus Cousins who hasn’t played a game yet. I think they are just a awful and I don’t see either doing well. It’s not like i said the Timberwolves are going to be ahead by 5 games.

I think that the HOU PHX and NO race will be real close but i feel some edge for Paul, Thornton, Ariza, Okafor, and West. Also Peja and Poindexter off the bench. Houston is a bit overrated just like Yao Ming. Plus Yao will probably get Injured. I think Pheonix will struggle a little without Amare and barely lose the eight seed.

Chewy
    Participant

They look good(potentially) up front w/ Dalembert, J. Thompson, Whiteside and Cousins
    But WOW they only have 5 guards total: Evans, Pooh Jeter, Fransisco Garcia, Udrih, and Antione Wright. It has to be tough filling minutes at the 1 and 2 w/ this roster.

Also, I have mentioned the Nets two or three times in one day.. I am officially jumping off my soapbox lol

N.O. could make some noise, West seems to fly under the radar. Okafor would have to have a great yr defending and rebounding in a tall western conference.

Chewy
    Participant

They look good(potentially) up front w/ Dalembert, J. Thompson, Whiteside and Cousins
    But WOW they only have 5 guards total: Evans, Pooh Jeter, Fransisco Garcia, Udrih, and Antione Wright. It has to be tough filling minutes at the 1 and 2 w/ this roster.

Also, I have mentioned the Nets two or three times in one day.. I am officially jumping off my soapbox lol

N.O. could make some noise, West seems to fly under the radar. Okafor would have to have a great yr defending and rebounding in a tall western conference.

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

East
    1. Heat
    2. Magic
    3. Celtics
    4. Bulls
    5. Hawks
    6. Bucks
    7. Knicks
    8. Wizards
    9. Bobcats
    10. Pacers
    11. Nets
    12. Cavaliers
    13. 76ers
    14. Pistons
    15. Raptors

West
    1. Lakers
    2. Nuggets
    3. Thunder
    4. Spurs
    5. Jazz
    6. Mavericks
    7. Trailblazers
    8. Grizzles
    9. Suns
    10. Kings
    11. Grizzles
    12. Rockets
    13. Hornets
    14. Warriors
    15. Timberwolves

Playoffs
    Heat vs Wizards- Heat in 5
    Bulls vs Hawks- Bulls in 6

Magic vs Knicks- Magic in 7
    Celtics vs Bucks- Celtics in 6

Lakers vs Grizzles- Lakers in 5
    Spurs vs Jazz- Spurs in 7

Nuggets vs Trailblazers- Nuggets in 5
    Thunder vs Mavericks- Thunder in 6

Heat vs Bulls- Heat in 6
    Magic vs Celtics- Cetics in 6

Lakers vs Spurs- Lakers in 7
    Nuggets vs Thunder- Nuggets in 7

Heat vs Celtics- Celtics in 7
    Lakers vs Nuggets- Lakers in 7

Celtics vs Lakers- Celtics in 7

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

East
    1. Heat
    2. Magic
    3. Celtics
    4. Bulls
    5. Hawks
    6. Bucks
    7. Knicks
    8. Wizards
    9. Bobcats
    10. Pacers
    11. Nets
    12. Cavaliers
    13. 76ers
    14. Pistons
    15. Raptors

West
    1. Lakers
    2. Nuggets
    3. Thunder
    4. Spurs
    5. Jazz
    6. Mavericks
    7. Trailblazers
    8. Grizzles
    9. Suns
    10. Kings
    11. Grizzles
    12. Rockets
    13. Hornets
    14. Warriors
    15. Timberwolves

Playoffs
    Heat vs Wizards- Heat in 5
    Bulls vs Hawks- Bulls in 6

Magic vs Knicks- Magic in 7
    Celtics vs Bucks- Celtics in 6

Lakers vs Grizzles- Lakers in 5
    Spurs vs Jazz- Spurs in 7

Nuggets vs Trailblazers- Nuggets in 5
    Thunder vs Mavericks- Thunder in 6

Heat vs Bulls- Heat in 6
    Magic vs Celtics- Cetics in 6

Lakers vs Spurs- Lakers in 7
    Nuggets vs Thunder- Nuggets in 7

Heat vs Celtics- Celtics in 7
    Lakers vs Nuggets- Lakers in 7

Celtics vs Lakers- Celtics in 7

llperez

damn, rockets in 12th? Behind the kings? Even if yao doesnt play a single game they will be better then that. Luis scola and brad miller is not a bad center combo with hill, patterson and hayes also factoring in. The perimter is very strong. Buddinger looks like he can produce next year. Him with courtney lee and lowry coming off the bench. Brooks, martin and battier starting. That is a very solid team.

llperez

damn, rockets in 12th? Behind the kings? Even if yao doesnt play a single game they will be better then that. Luis scola and brad miller is not a bad center combo with hill, patterson and hayes also factoring in. The perimter is very strong. Buddinger looks like he can produce next year. Him with courtney lee and lowry coming off the bench. Brooks, martin and battier starting. That is a very solid team.

Chewy
    Participant

Kevin Martin is a 20 point scorer
    Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowery can handle the point
    Battier at 3 and like 7 different solid bigs for the 4 and 5

Chewy
    Participant

Kevin Martin is a 20 point scorer
    Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowery can handle the point
    Battier at 3 and like 7 different solid bigs for the 4 and 5

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

West

1. Lakers
    2. Portland
    3. Dallas
    4. Oklahoma City
    5. Utah
    6. San Antonio
    7. Denver
    8. Memphis

Out playoffs ( Houston, Phoenix, New Orleans, Sacramento, Golden State, Sacramento)

East

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Chicago
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Boston
    6. Atlanta
    7. New York
    8. Indiana

Out playoffs ( Bobcats, Wizards, 76ers, Pistons, Nets, Raptors, Cavaliers)

Playoffs

West
    LA over Memphis ( 4-2)
    Portland over Denver ( 4-1)
    Dallas over San Antonio ( 4-3)
    Oklahoma City over Utah (4-3)

LA over OKC (4-3)
    Portland over San Antonio (4-2)

LA over Portland (4-3)

East
    Miami over Indiana (4-0)
    Orlando over New York (4-1)
    Chicago over Atlanta (4-2)
    Boston over Milwaukee (4-2)

Miami over Boston ( 4-2)
    Chicago over Orlando (4-2)

Miami over Chicago (4-2)

Finals

Miami over LA (4-3)

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

West

1. Lakers
    2. Portland
    3. Dallas
    4. Oklahoma City
    5. Utah
    6. San Antonio
    7. Denver
    8. Memphis

Out playoffs ( Houston, Phoenix, New Orleans, Sacramento, Golden State, Sacramento)

East

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Chicago
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Boston
    6. Atlanta
    7. New York
    8. Indiana

Out playoffs ( Bobcats, Wizards, 76ers, Pistons, Nets, Raptors, Cavaliers)

Playoffs

West
    LA over Memphis ( 4-2)
    Portland over Denver ( 4-1)
    Dallas over San Antonio ( 4-3)
    Oklahoma City over Utah (4-3)

LA over OKC (4-3)
    Portland over San Antonio (4-2)

LA over Portland (4-3)

East
    Miami over Indiana (4-0)
    Orlando over New York (4-1)
    Chicago over Atlanta (4-2)
    Boston over Milwaukee (4-2)

Miami over Boston ( 4-2)
    Chicago over Orlando (4-2)

Miami over Chicago (4-2)

Finals

Miami over LA (4-3)

butidonthavemoney

East

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Atlanta
    4. Chicago
    5. Boston
    6. Milwaukee
    7. Charlotte
    8. Cleveland
    9. Indiana
    10. New Jersey
    11. New York
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Washington
    14. Toronto
    15. Detroit

The Miami/Cleveland and Chicago/Boston series will be fun to watch.

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
    2. (Dallas/Phoenix/Denver/Utah/Portland/San Antonio/Oklahoma City/Houston) <— Tied
    3. Everybody else.

The west is both too predictable and too unpredictable to call.

butidonthavemoney

East

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Atlanta
    4. Chicago
    5. Boston
    6. Milwaukee
    7. Charlotte
    8. Cleveland
    9. Indiana
    10. New Jersey
    11. New York
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Washington
    14. Toronto
    15. Detroit

The Miami/Cleveland and Chicago/Boston series will be fun to watch.

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
    2. (Dallas/Phoenix/Denver/Utah/Portland/San Antonio/Oklahoma City/Houston) <— Tied
    3. Everybody else.

The west is both too predictable and too unpredictable to call.

stanford hoops

memphis isnt better then houston

the kings are improved but will still be one of the worst teams int he nba along with minny

the pacers are gonna be very interesting and will challenge for the 7th,8th seed

stanford hoops

memphis isnt better then houston

the kings are improved but will still be one of the worst teams int he nba along with minny

the pacers are gonna be very interesting and will challenge for the 7th,8th seed

Chewy
    Participant

They could have: pg-Wall sg-Agent 0 sf- Butler pf-Jamison c- Haywood. not a bad lineup.

WizardofOz
      Participant

First of all, if the Wizards never blew up their team, they probably wouldn’t have gotten the #1 overall pick and John Wall because if they still had Jamison, Butler, and Haywood, they probably would have finished with a better record than they had.

Second, when they had Butler, Jamison, and Haywood, they were in a cap mess. They would have been over the luxury tax. And now that they don’ have them, they have some cap flexibility and plenty of money for next years free agency.

And third, this team needed to rebuild. They were kind of old before they made all the trades. And even with the veteran players you named, they were still terrible. When Gilbert, Jamison, Butler, and Haywood wee all playing together earlier in the season, they still had one of the worst records in the East. So they needed to make some changes and start rebuilding. And if we never made those trades, would probably would have never found out how good Blatche and McGee were. When those trades happened those two really flourished. And if we never made those trades, those two would have been rotting on the bench and their growth would have been stunted.

So you’re WRONG!

WizardofOz
      Participant

First of all, if the Wizards never blew up their team, they probably wouldn’t have gotten the #1 overall pick and John Wall because if they still had Jamison, Butler, and Haywood, they probably would have finished with a better record than they had.

Second, when they had Butler, Jamison, and Haywood, they were in a cap mess. They would have been over the luxury tax. And now that they don’ have them, they have some cap flexibility and plenty of money for next years free agency.

And third, this team needed to rebuild. They were kind of old before they made all the trades. And even with the veteran players you named, they were still terrible. When Gilbert, Jamison, Butler, and Haywood wee all playing together earlier in the season, they still had one of the worst records in the East. So they needed to make some changes and start rebuilding. And if we never made those trades, would probably would have never found out how good Blatche and McGee were. When those trades happened those two really flourished. And if we never made those trades, those two would have been rotting on the bench and their growth would have been stunted.

So you’re WRONG!

Chewy
    Participant

They could have: pg-Wall sg-Agent 0 sf- Butler pf-Jamison c- Haywood. not a bad lineup.

Chewy
    Participant

East
    76ers: Iggy, Turner and Holiday are all nice players who give 76ers fans something to hope for. But as a player who watched the Bulls all last year, a team w/ no shooters (Kapono is the only expection on the roster) wins will have to be fought for in a grind it out contest. Nocioni is a good sub, Hawes and Speights are interesting big man projects. Big question: what can they do w/ Brand’s huge contract and injury prone body?

Toronto: Where to begin? Apparently no star player ever wants to play in Canada (Carter, Bosh, Hedo). They have Bargnani who is a really good player, but will have to play at C instead of his prefered position pf. Ed Davis can’t be described as anything other than a project. Overpaid for Caleron and picked up Julian Wright (whoop-i-de-do). Big Question: Canada can still cheer for their nation hockey team right?

Detroit: Had the cap room and spent it a year early, that Ben Gordon contract is laughable. Time to trade Hamilton and Prince (the only assets that can get a good return) and start over. Greg Monroe was a good pick and Daye (last yrs pick) looks like he is developing well. Stuckey is a very good combo guard which is absolutly necessary when you have Gordon because he can’t guard 2s. Big Question: What trades can they pull off this year?

West
    Kings: Tyreke Evans is the real deal. Cousins looks like he is going to be too (not a garuntee but a good bet). They got a steal w/ the Whiteside project. Donte Greene looked sick in summer league (Yes I know it was just Summer League! but were talking about the bottom of the nba here). Casspi looks like he has a bright future. Big Question: Who is going to take back up pg and all the sg minutes with this roster?

T-Wolves: Flynn has a promising rookie year. Picked up Beasley for peanuts and then traded Jefferson away for peanuts. Kevin Love has a team USA look, should put up good numbers this season. Johnson and C Brewer provide long athletes on the wing while Ellington and Ridinor provide shooting. Big Question: Does Rubio ever wear a T-Wolves jersey?

Warriors: Curry proved he could play the lead guard position and is someone you can build around w/ his shooting and (underrated) passing. Monta Ellis can score for them. David Lee can finally play the 4 with Biedrins, Udoh and Gadzurich all able to play C. Big Question: Will Lee be worth the money?

Chewy
    Participant

East
    76ers: Iggy, Turner and Holiday are all nice players who give 76ers fans something to hope for. But as a player who watched the Bulls all last year, a team w/ no shooters (Kapono is the only expection on the roster) wins will have to be fought for in a grind it out contest. Nocioni is a good sub, Hawes and Speights are interesting big man projects. Big question: what can they do w/ Brand’s huge contract and injury prone body?

Toronto: Where to begin? Apparently no star player ever wants to play in Canada (Carter, Bosh, Hedo). They have Bargnani who is a really good player, but will have to play at C instead of his prefered position pf. Ed Davis can’t be described as anything other than a project. Overpaid for Caleron and picked up Julian Wright (whoop-i-de-do). Big Question: Canada can still cheer for their nation hockey team right?

Detroit: Had the cap room and spent it a year early, that Ben Gordon contract is laughable. Time to trade Hamilton and Prince (the only assets that can get a good return) and start over. Greg Monroe was a good pick and Daye (last yrs pick) looks like he is developing well. Stuckey is a very good combo guard which is absolutly necessary when you have Gordon because he can’t guard 2s. Big Question: What trades can they pull off this year?

West
    Kings: Tyreke Evans is the real deal. Cousins looks like he is going to be too (not a garuntee but a good bet). They got a steal w/ the Whiteside project. Donte Greene looked sick in summer league (Yes I know it was just Summer League! but were talking about the bottom of the nba here). Casspi looks like he has a bright future. Big Question: Who is going to take back up pg and all the sg minutes with this roster?

T-Wolves: Flynn has a promising rookie year. Picked up Beasley for peanuts and then traded Jefferson away for peanuts. Kevin Love has a team USA look, should put up good numbers this season. Johnson and C Brewer provide long athletes on the wing while Ellington and Ridinor provide shooting. Big Question: Does Rubio ever wear a T-Wolves jersey?

Warriors: Curry proved he could play the lead guard position and is someone you can build around w/ his shooting and (underrated) passing. Monta Ellis can score for them. David Lee can finally play the 4 with Biedrins, Udoh and Gadzurich all able to play C. Big Question: Will Lee be worth the money?

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

Miami over LA??? LOL

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

Miami over LA??? LOL

jdstorm
    Participant

West
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Spurs
    Mavs
    Hornets
    Jazz

Nuggets implode and just miss out.

East
    Miami
    Orlando
    Chicago
    MIlwalkee
    Boston
    Atlanta
    pacers
    Atlantic team X(Rapors/Nets/knicks)

one team from that division will surprise and make the playoffs, any of those teams could also have the number 1 pick next year.

jdstorm
    Participant

West
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Spurs
    Mavs
    Hornets
    Jazz

Nuggets implode and just miss out.

East
    Miami
    Orlando
    Chicago
    MIlwalkee
    Boston
    Atlanta
    pacers
    Atlantic team X(Rapors/Nets/knicks)

one team from that division will surprise and make the playoffs, any of those teams could also have the number 1 pick next year.

Toronto16
    Participant

So, the Nets win 12 games last year, they add a prohect rookie and Travis Outlaw, and suddenly people think they are going to make the playoffs in a tougher eastern conference?

Right.

Toronto16
    Participant

So, the Nets win 12 games last year, they add a prohect rookie and Travis Outlaw, and suddenly people think they are going to make the playoffs in a tougher eastern conference?

Right.

Toronto16
    Participant

Eastern Conference

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Boston
    4. Chicago
    5. Milwaukee
    6. Atlanta
    7. Indiana
    8. New York

9. Washington
    10. Charlotte
    11. New Jersey
    12. Toronto
    13. Philadelphia
    14. Cleveland
    15. Detroit

Western Conference

1. LA Lakers
    2. Portland
    3. Dallas
    4. Oklahoma City
    5. Utah
    6. Denver
    7. San Antonio
    8. New Orleans

9. Memphis
    10. Houston
    11. Sacramento
    12. Phoenix
    13. LA Clippers
    14. Golden State
    15. Timberwolves

East 1st round

Miami over New York
    Orlando Over Indiana
    Boston over Atlanta
    Milwaukee over Chicago

West 1st round

LA Lakers over New Orleans
    Portland over San Antonio
    Dallas over Denver
    Oklahoma City over Utah

East 2nd round
    Miami over Milwaukee
    Boston over Orlando

West 2nd rounf
    LA Lakers over Oklahoma City
    Portland over Dalls

ECF
    Boston over Miami

WCF
    LA Lakers over Portland

NBA Finals
    Boston over LA Lakers

Toronto16
    Participant

Eastern Conference

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Boston
    4. Chicago
    5. Milwaukee
    6. Atlanta
    7. Indiana
    8. New York

9. Washington
    10. Charlotte
    11. New Jersey
    12. Toronto
    13. Philadelphia
    14. Cleveland
    15. Detroit

Western Conference

1. LA Lakers
    2. Portland
    3. Dallas
    4. Oklahoma City
    5. Utah
    6. Denver
    7. San Antonio
    8. New Orleans

9. Memphis
    10. Houston
    11. Sacramento
    12. Phoenix
    13. LA Clippers
    14. Golden State
    15. Timberwolves

East 1st round

Miami over New York
    Orlando Over Indiana
    Boston over Atlanta
    Milwaukee over Chicago

West 1st round

LA Lakers over New Orleans
    Portland over San Antonio
    Dallas over Denver
    Oklahoma City over Utah

East 2nd round
    Miami over Milwaukee
    Boston over Orlando

West 2nd rounf
    LA Lakers over Oklahoma City
    Portland over Dalls

ECF
    Boston over Miami

WCF
    LA Lakers over Portland

NBA Finals
    Boston over LA Lakers

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Explain how Boston could defeat Miami for me.

I’m asking because I use to think they can but I don’t see it now.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Explain how Boston could defeat Miami for me.

I’m asking because I use to think they can but I don’t see it now.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I actually think I would switch Utah and Denver. I really like what Denver did with picking up Al Harrington and the progression of Ty Lawson.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I actually think I would switch Utah and Denver. I really like what Denver did with picking up Al Harrington and the progression of Ty Lawson.

B-ball fan
    Participant

East:
    1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Boston
    4. Chicago
    5. Milwaukee
    6. Atlanta
    7. Washington
    8. New York
    9. New Jersey
    10. Charlotte
    11. Indiana
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Detroit
    14. Cleveland
    15. Toronto

West:
    1. LAL
    2. Por
    3. Uth
    4. OKC
    5. Dal
    6. SAS
    7. Den
    8. Hou
    9. Pho
    10. NO
    11. LAC
    12. Mem
    13. Sac
    14. GS
    15. Min

East 1st. round:
    Miami over NY
    Orl over Was
    Atlanta over Bos
    Chi over Mil

West 1st:
    LAL over Hou
    Por over Den
    Uth over SAS
    Dal over OKC

East 2nd:
    Miami over Chi
    Orl over Chi

West 2nd:
    LAL over Dal
    Uth over Por

East finals:
    Miami over Orl

West Finals:
    LAL over Uth

Finals: Miami over LAL

B-ball fan
    Participant

East:
    1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Boston
    4. Chicago
    5. Milwaukee
    6. Atlanta
    7. Washington
    8. New York
    9. New Jersey
    10. Charlotte
    11. Indiana
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Detroit
    14. Cleveland
    15. Toronto

West:
    1. LAL
    2. Por
    3. Uth
    4. OKC
    5. Dal
    6. SAS
    7. Den
    8. Hou
    9. Pho
    10. NO
    11. LAC
    12. Mem
    13. Sac
    14. GS
    15. Min

East 1st. round:
    Miami over NY
    Orl over Was
    Atlanta over Bos
    Chi over Mil

West 1st:
    LAL over Hou
    Por over Den
    Uth over SAS
    Dal over OKC

East 2nd:
    Miami over Chi
    Orl over Chi

West 2nd:
    LAL over Dal
    Uth over Por

East finals:
    Miami over Orl

West Finals:
    LAL over Uth

Finals: Miami over LAL

Toronto16
    Participant

@Mr.Knick 32

Chemistry is an over looked factor in the NBA. The Boston guys have been together for years, while the Miami guys just got thrown together. And I know some guys will say that was the same situation for Boston when they got together in 2007, but those were older guys who were willing to sacrifice stats in order to win. I wonder if this young Miami team is willing to do the same. Also, there is no KG type on Miami to keep all the ego in check. We have also seen that the older guys know how to keep themselves at cruise control during the regular season to turn it on during the playoffs. The younger guys are playing at full speed for 82 games and get burnt out come May.

Imagine how motivated Shaq would be to beat the Heat?

Toronto16
    Participant

@Mr.Knick 32

Chemistry is an over looked factor in the NBA. The Boston guys have been together for years, while the Miami guys just got thrown together. And I know some guys will say that was the same situation for Boston when they got together in 2007, but those were older guys who were willing to sacrifice stats in order to win. I wonder if this young Miami team is willing to do the same. Also, there is no KG type on Miami to keep all the ego in check. We have also seen that the older guys know how to keep themselves at cruise control during the regular season to turn it on during the playoffs. The younger guys are playing at full speed for 82 games and get burnt out come May.

Imagine how motivated Shaq would be to beat the Heat?

bobbyb
    Participant

that was the best analysis of the west. the 2- 7 seeds were within a game or 2 of each others so it is hard to say who is def. better than the other. is a 50 win team better than a 52 win team?

awersel
      Participant

1. Heat- enough said.

2. Magic- I feel like D. Howard is set to take his offensive game to the next level which will make the Magic that much better. He will force teams to help down, enabling 3 point shooters to get open which they made a lot of last season.

3. Bulls- Had a nice off-season adding Boozer, Korver, and Bogans. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah will only improve.

4. Celtics- I just don’t see this team improving at all. They aren’t getting any younger but still will be a threat to win the East. Added Avery Bradley and Shaq. Who knows what they will get out of Shaq. A lot of health concerns with this squad.

5. Hawks- Added Jordan Crawford and Josh Powell. I expect Jeff Teague to be a key contributor this year.

6. Bucks- This team suddenly has some solid depth. Jennings and Bogut will be the 2 stars, but a nice supporting cast of Salmons, Maggette, Redd, and Douglas-Roberts on the wing with guys like Gooden, Mbah a Moute, Brockman, L. Sanders, and Gallon to help inside. Number 6 will be the lowest they finish in the East if they stay healthy.

7. Wizards- I expect the Wiz to return to the upper echelon of the East starting this season. Wall at the point, Arenas, Hinrich, Josh Howard, Al Thornton in the back court, Blatche and Javale McGee the two young towers inside, with Trevor Booker, Kevin Seraphin, and Yi Jianlian to bring new faces to the 4 spot.

8. Knicks- Felton and Stoudemire were two big pick-ups. I think they will work well together, as I think Felton is an underrated/underappreciated PG. It will be interesting to see the kind of impact Anthony Randolph has for the Knicks. Gallinari is only improving. Wilson Chandler, Azubuike, etc.

9. Bobcats- Augustin is ready to take over the PG spot and I think he will be better than people think. G. Wallace, Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, Stephen Jackson, G. Henderson etc. will keep the Bobcats respectable.
      10. Pacers

11. Nets
      12. 76ers
      13. Pistons
      14. Cavaliers
      15. Raptors

West
      1. Lakers- Enough said.

2. Thunder- I love the looks of this team. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Maynor, Daequan Cook, Sefolosha, M. Peterson give them a variety of weapons on the perimeter. Durant is a rare breed and could win the MVP next season. If Cole Aldrich has an impact rookie season in the paint for the Thunder they will finish no. 2. Aldrich, J. Green, Ibaka, Krstic, BJ Mullens, Collison, Pleiss, and DJ White give them plenty of big men that can contribute.

3. Nuggets- Virtually the same team returns from last season. Lawson is only getting better. Melo is only getting better. This team has the potential to win the West if they can improve in the post.

4. Jazz- Added Al Jefferson, Gordon Hayward, and Raja Bell to a nucleus that includes Deron Williams, Millsap, Kirilenko, CJ Miles, Okur, and Fesenko.

5. Mavericks- Added Tyson Chandler and Dominique Jones to Kidd, Nowitzki, Beaubois, Caron Butler, Jason Terry, Shawn Marion.

6. Trail Blazers- Greg Oden is reportedly back and healthy. They add Armon Johnson, Elliott Williams, Luke Babbitt and Wesley Matthews to the core of Roy, Aldridge, A. Miller, Bayless, Camby.

7. Spurs- This team’s depth in the post scares me. If Tim Duncan gets hurt, they are screwed. They have Dejuan Blair, Matt Bonner, Antonio McDeyess, and Tiago Splitter as the only other post players on their roster. Tony Parker is no longer in his prime. Neither is Ginobili. Neither is Richard Jefferson. Neither is Tim Duncan. Will be interesting to see how George Hill develops and what kind of impact rookie James Anderson has.

8. Grizzles- Add Xavier Henry and Grevis Vasquez. Core group is very solid with Gay, Mayo, M. Gasol, and Z. Randolph. Will be interesting to see if Thabeet plays this year. Also, will Mike Conley pan out?

9. Rockets- If Yao is healthy all year they likely will finish higher than this, but to me, that is a big “if”.
      10. Suns
      11. Hornets
      12. Clippers
      13. Kings
      14. Warriors
      15. Timberwolves

awersel
      Participant

1. Heat- enough said.

2. Magic- I feel like D. Howard is set to take his offensive game to the next level which will make the Magic that much better. He will force teams to help down, enabling 3 point shooters to get open which they made a lot of last season.

3. Bulls- Had a nice off-season adding Boozer, Korver, and Bogans. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah will only improve.

4. Celtics- I just don’t see this team improving at all. They aren’t getting any younger but still will be a threat to win the East. Added Avery Bradley and Shaq. Who knows what they will get out of Shaq. A lot of health concerns with this squad.

5. Hawks- Added Jordan Crawford and Josh Powell. I expect Jeff Teague to be a key contributor this year.

6. Bucks- This team suddenly has some solid depth. Jennings and Bogut will be the 2 stars, but a nice supporting cast of Salmons, Maggette, Redd, and Douglas-Roberts on the wing with guys like Gooden, Mbah a Moute, Brockman, L. Sanders, and Gallon to help inside. Number 6 will be the lowest they finish in the East if they stay healthy.

7. Wizards- I expect the Wiz to return to the upper echelon of the East starting this season. Wall at the point, Arenas, Hinrich, Josh Howard, Al Thornton in the back court, Blatche and Javale McGee the two young towers inside, with Trevor Booker, Kevin Seraphin, and Yi Jianlian to bring new faces to the 4 spot.

8. Knicks- Felton and Stoudemire were two big pick-ups. I think they will work well together, as I think Felton is an underrated/underappreciated PG. It will be interesting to see the kind of impact Anthony Randolph has for the Knicks. Gallinari is only improving. Wilson Chandler, Azubuike, etc.

9. Bobcats- Augustin is ready to take over the PG spot and I think he will be better than people think. G. Wallace, Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, Stephen Jackson, G. Henderson etc. will keep the Bobcats respectable.
      10. Pacers

11. Nets
      12. 76ers
      13. Pistons
      14. Cavaliers
      15. Raptors

West
      1. Lakers- Enough said.

2. Thunder- I love the looks of this team. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Maynor, Daequan Cook, Sefolosha, M. Peterson give them a variety of weapons on the perimeter. Durant is a rare breed and could win the MVP next season. If Cole Aldrich has an impact rookie season in the paint for the Thunder they will finish no. 2. Aldrich, J. Green, Ibaka, Krstic, BJ Mullens, Collison, Pleiss, and DJ White give them plenty of big men that can contribute.

3. Nuggets- Virtually the same team returns from last season. Lawson is only getting better. Melo is only getting better. This team has the potential to win the West if they can improve in the post.

4. Jazz- Added Al Jefferson, Gordon Hayward, and Raja Bell to a nucleus that includes Deron Williams, Millsap, Kirilenko, CJ Miles, Okur, and Fesenko.

5. Mavericks- Added Tyson Chandler and Dominique Jones to Kidd, Nowitzki, Beaubois, Caron Butler, Jason Terry, Shawn Marion.

6. Trail Blazers- Greg Oden is reportedly back and healthy. They add Armon Johnson, Elliott Williams, Luke Babbitt and Wesley Matthews to the core of Roy, Aldridge, A. Miller, Bayless, Camby.

7. Spurs- This team’s depth in the post scares me. If Tim Duncan gets hurt, they are screwed. They have Dejuan Blair, Matt Bonner, Antonio McDeyess, and Tiago Splitter as the only other post players on their roster. Tony Parker is no longer in his prime. Neither is Ginobili. Neither is Richard Jefferson. Neither is Tim Duncan. Will be interesting to see how George Hill develops and what kind of impact rookie James Anderson has.

8. Grizzles- Add Xavier Henry and Grevis Vasquez. Core group is very solid with Gay, Mayo, M. Gasol, and Z. Randolph. Will be interesting to see if Thabeet plays this year. Also, will Mike Conley pan out?

9. Rockets- If Yao is healthy all year they likely will finish higher than this, but to me, that is a big “if”.
      10. Suns
      11. Hornets
      12. Clippers
      13. Kings
      14. Warriors
      15. Timberwolves

bobbyb
    Participant

that was the best analysis of the west. the 2- 7 seeds were within a game or 2 of each others so it is hard to say who is def. better than the other. is a 50 win team better than a 52 win team?

Chewy
    Participant

So you are saying you would rather not have Caron Butler on your team right now? He is only 1 mil more than Hinrich, so you didn’t say any cap space there for the future and have a worse player for the same price. Plus Hinrich has 2 yrs left on his deal, Butler only have one. Wiz lost money there. Haywood’s contract was expiring so that didn’t matter to this years lux tax. Jamison’s contract would probably be hard to swallow considering he is getting up there in age. I understand letting him to so that Blatche can flourish. The only way there is a garuntee they would not get John Wall is if they made the playoffs, and you already said they were struggling w/ those guys early so they wouldn’t have made the playoffs reguardless. The team with the worst record almost never gets the top pick making the wizards a realistic location for Wall without giving up Butler and Haywood. This team could have been successful w/ Gilbert moving over into the scoring position and letting a real pg take over the lead duties.

I can agree w/ letting Jamison go, but letting Caron go was a mistake. Washigton already wasted that cap space. (I like Hinrich as a mentor to Wall, but would rather have Caron).

Chewy
    Participant

So you are saying you would rather not have Caron Butler on your team right now? He is only 1 mil more than Hinrich, so you didn’t say any cap space there for the future and have a worse player for the same price. Plus Hinrich has 2 yrs left on his deal, Butler only have one. Wiz lost money there. Haywood’s contract was expiring so that didn’t matter to this years lux tax. Jamison’s contract would probably be hard to swallow considering he is getting up there in age. I understand letting him to so that Blatche can flourish. The only way there is a garuntee they would not get John Wall is if they made the playoffs, and you already said they were struggling w/ those guys early so they wouldn’t have made the playoffs reguardless. The team with the worst record almost never gets the top pick making the wizards a realistic location for Wall without giving up Butler and Haywood. This team could have been successful w/ Gilbert moving over into the scoring position and letting a real pg take over the lead duties.

I can agree w/ letting Jamison go, but letting Caron go was a mistake. Washigton already wasted that cap space. (I like Hinrich as a mentor to Wall, but would rather have Caron).

WizardofOz
      Participant

No, they didn’t waste all that cap space because they have many expiring contracts next season. And if the Wizards find a way to trade Gilbert Arenas’ contract, they would have all the cap space in the world. So if the Wizards just use some creative thinking, they can create a lot of cap space.

And why would the Wizards want to keep Butler? Butler is a good player, but isn’t the youngest, especially for a team that’s rebuilding. He will turn 31 later next season and the team is trying to get younger. They currently only have 3 players on their roster older then 26. That clearly shows that this team is trying to stay young.

With their current roster, the Wizards have a chance to make the playoffs, but they’re not trying to be a great team. The owner has clearly said that they are trying to build through the draft like the Thunder did, so they didn’t need to keep Butler. Butler has said even though he is not on the Wizards roster anymore, D.C. will still be permanent home and doesn’t rule out coming back to the Wizards in the future, but I just think Butler doesn’t fit in well with their future plans.

WizardofOz
      Participant

No, they didn’t waste all that cap space because they have many expiring contracts next season. And if the Wizards find a way to trade Gilbert Arenas’ contract, they would have all the cap space in the world. So if the Wizards just use some creative thinking, they can create a lot of cap space.

And why would the Wizards want to keep Butler? Butler is a good player, but isn’t the youngest, especially for a team that’s rebuilding. He will turn 31 later next season and the team is trying to get younger. They currently only have 3 players on their roster older then 26. That clearly shows that this team is trying to stay young.

With their current roster, the Wizards have a chance to make the playoffs, but they’re not trying to be a great team. The owner has clearly said that they are trying to build through the draft like the Thunder did, so they didn’t need to keep Butler. Butler has said even though he is not on the Wizards roster anymore, D.C. will still be permanent home and doesn’t rule out coming back to the Wizards in the future, but I just think Butler doesn’t fit in well with their future plans.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login