Very Early 1st Round Based On Need
1. Bobcats - Anthony Davis - Duh.. Best player in college basketball and the worst team in the NBA.. Perfect fit.
2. Wizards - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Could have been Drummond or Robinson but I dont think they want to risk Drummond being sort of like McGee and Robinson not being what is advertised. The Wizards are looking to change their culture into one that is mature and intelegent. Why not get the player that seems to be the hardest working among the top picks and hasnt really been in trouble. Also, while Wall didnt play with MKG, they played for the same coach.. Im sure they have been keeping up with each other also. They should have good chemistry from the start. Something people will say about this is that they just drafted 2 guys that play SF last year.. I dont think that Vesely is a 3.. He is a 4 and Singleton is a backup..
3. Cavs - Harrison Barnes - Cav have a great PG in place to run the team for the next 10 years.. They drafted a PF that seems to have the tools to be a good NBA player. Verajo is still under contract for a long time and is a very good C.. Now they just need a reliable wing player to complete the team. Barnes brings a great skill set. People say he needs a good PG to be successful, well that means him with Irving means he would be great with the Cavs.
4. Hornets - Andre Drummond - With Gordon looking like a flight risk, the Hornets need to try to get a player that could be a staple for this team. Drummond has all the tools to be a dominate C. The Hornets should be swinging for the fences with this pick. If the team would happen to keep Gordon around, pairing him with Drummond could be a great combo for the future.
5. Kings - Thomas Robinson - When he drops this far, a team is going to grab him simply because he has lots of talent. He could actually be a nice fit with this team because they like to get out and run. Could be a nice fit with with Cousins.
6. Blazers - Jeremy Lamb - Lamb looks like he is going to be a nice scorer in the NBA. Beal is another option here but I think they swing for Lamb because of the extra legnth. They need to have a long SG because their PGs are considered short. Lamb would be a nice fit with Aldridge because he can catch and shoot while creating for himself. Very versatile and super long.
7. Warriors - Perry Jones - I think that the Warriors are goint to fall in love with his legnth and bounce. He is versatile enough to play the 3 and the 4. Also, they just need to plug in a long, defensive, athletic player to fit with their 4 starters. Curry, Thomson, Jones, Lee, and Bogut look like a very scary lineup. With those guys around, Jones wont be asked to score much. Just defend your spot, rebound, and hit open shots.
8. Raptors - Brad Beal - Drafting Beal would provide the Raps with a lightning bolt scorer. He can put up numbers in a hurry. He could step into the starting SG role, and move Derozen to the 3, or he could come off the bench and play some PG/SG for the team.
9. Pistons - John Henson - Say what you want, but this guy can defend. While Monroe is a great big man, he doesnt exactly strike fear into the hearts of players.. Henson could do that and be a great compliment to Monroe. With his legnth and leaping ability, he will be a terror around the rim with rebounds, putbacks, and blocks. He has a nice little jumper too.
10. Hornets - Arnett Moultrie - True tweener but in a good way.. He could end up being a stretch 4 or a face up option to score. On defense, he isnt exaclty scary but he is servicable. He is the best talent left on the board at this point and if he works out, he and Drummond together in the post is a hard duo to deal with.
11. Blazers - Tyler Zeller - As it stands, Aldridge is the only guy standing around 7 feet tall. While that isnt the most important thing in the world, it helps to be tall in this league. The Blazers need a nice big to come off the bench, other than Thabeet.. LoL.. Joke there.. But Zeller is a nice big. He is mature and really knows how to play.. He showed this year that he can be a scorer if called upon and he is a good enough rebounder. Seems a little skinny to me but most rookies are.. Good fit with Aldridge.
12. Bucks - Myers Leonrd - They lack any type of size at the C spot.. They have 2 guys, both around 6'9, holding down the post. Leonard is a pretty good athlete at 7 foot and seems to have a pretty good skill set.. Not the greatest though.. With the Bucks, he wont have to carry any type of scoring load but he will be asked to rebound and defend.. Being a good athlete will help he do that right away..
13. Suns - Austin Rivers - The Suns are old and headed out the door. Even their younger players are in or past their prime. Gortat is 27ish, Brown is 27ish, Dudley is 27ish.. Those guys were considered the young guns on the team this year. The Morris twin was very nice and could be a great fit with Rivers going forward. Rivers is going to hit the NBA wide, slam, open. He is going to come in shooting like crazy and running around everywhere. This isnt really a bad thing if the Suns plan to rebuild.. Hand the team over to the Rookie.. Start the Morris twin and trade the vets for as many draft picks as possible..
14. Rockets - Jared Sullinger - The Rockets are pretty much 2 deep at every postition and 3 deep at some.. In this situation, you take the best players avaliable.. Sullinger has the talent to be a top 5 pick but some question how his game will translate to the NBA. He can play here and learn how to score when you are undersized and unathletic because Scola does a great job at it..
15. 76ers - Fab Melo - Yes its a big reach and yes it is risky but what else would the 76ers do? Draft another wing/guard to make 10 guards on their roster?? No.. Melo has lottery talent but his heart and character are huge question marks. The 76ers need a banger in the paint and a defender to protect the rim.. Melo has proved he can do that. Does he deserve to go this high?? No.. But, he is the best fit for this team..
16. Rockets - Damian Lilard - The Rockets love Lowry and have seen Dragic go crazy and lead the team but all teams can use PG/SG type players that can explode for 20 at any time.. I think Lilard could develop into that kind of player. With Lowry and Dragic both on the team, he will struggle to get time but who knows, maybe he is better than I think...
17. Mavs - Terrence Ross - We all know what the Mavs have been planning since they won their ring last year.. Go after Deron Williams.. That has been public knowledge since the day it was a possiblity. The big problem with this is going to be money.. They are going to need players that can contribute but not cost lots of money. A rookie can do just that.. Ross has a nice skill set and looks to be a very good scorer. Playing with Dirk and Williams woud make his transition to the NBA smooth as butter. He can catch and shoot but he can also go off the dribble and dunk on your face.. The Mavs need an exciting young player for a change..
18. Timberwolves - Doron Lamb - The Wolves have been looking for a SG for a long time now.. I dont know if Lamb is the answer but he would be the purest SG on the team the day he was drafted. Its a better option than Johnson..
19. Magic - Tony Wroten - The Magic are a team that is in trouble right now.. They are trying to do things to suite Howard and I think they are losing sight of what is important. Wroten is a guy that would be a completly different player than any they have right now.. He would be able to create for himself.. No other player on the team can do that. Dwight is dependant on a pass and Nelson, Turk, Reddick, and Anderson are all dependeant on Dwight to draw defenders.. Wroten could be a great 6th man or starting SG to change things up with the Magic team.
20. Nuggets - Kendall Marshall - The Nuggets are a hard team to think about. They have tons of talent and promise for the future but it doesnt seem to be taking them very far.. Marshall is a carbon copy of Andre Miller. Miller is gone after this season but I think the Nuggets like having him to back up Lawson. Problem is, he will demand more money than a late draf pick.. They need money to resign their good players.. Also, people think that Marshall is a top 10 pick but I disagree. He is a fantastic PG but he isnt quick, athletic, or a great scorer.. Thats what teams look for.. He will slip because team will be scare he wont translate to the NBA well.. George Karl can make him a great chang of pace PG behind Lawson.
21. Celtics - Moe Harkless - The Celitcs are going to do what the Celitics always do.. Trade a pick for a player or something.. However, they need to start keeping draft picks that will mesh well with Rondo.. Pierce, Allen, and Garnet are all on the decline and most likely on their way off.. Harkless is a great addition this late in the draft.. He has great hops, long arms, and his body is NBA ready.. He needs to play with this vet team to learn the right way to play but once he does, he will be a terror from the 3 spot.
22. Celtics - William Buford - Buford will fit the Celtics system of hard defense and a strict offense. He is a great shooter and would thrive beside Rondo and Peirce. He is 6'5 and has an NBA body. He is a good athlete and a good defender.. Most of all, he has a very mature demenor.. He doesnt seem to get rattled and always seems composed.. That will be important to the Celtics as they try to get younger while staying competitive.
23. Hawks - Festus Ezeli - The Hawks have been searching for a defensive C for a long time.. They tried to get one in the second round last year and that didnt work for them.. So they will try again this year with Ezeli. He is a nice defender with crazy long arms.. He always seems to be around the rim. If he is servicable enough, he could help Horford get more minutes at the PF, where he belongs. A big thing for the Hawks would be Ezeli's age.. They are looking for players to help them now and not be terrified to play.. At 23 years old, he has the experiece to help.
24. Cavs - John Jenkins - The Cavs have a great PG and a nice foundation under the rim and if they draft Barns, like I project, they will have a good core.. Jenkins is the perfect complient guy. He can catch and shoot. Come off screens and shoot. Stand around and shoot. He is a great shooter and thats what great PGs need.
25. Grizzlies - Terrence Jones - Behind Gay, the Grizz dont really have a great SF.. Pondexter is doing a decent job but Jones would be an upgrade. Jones can shoot from the corners, rebound, and is a pretty good defender. While he wouldnt get tons of playing time, his role would be important.. His championship experience would be welcomed on this team of winners..
26. Pacers - Marquis Teague - I think the Pacers have fallen out of love with Collison. They will be looking to move him and insert George in that starting role. That being said, George will need a back up. Teague plays alot like George so having him as a backup isnt a bad thing.. He can learn to play and provide depth at the PG.
27. Heat - Quincy Miller - Yeah, the Heat are loaded with wing players but there arnt any centers that would help at this point in the draft. Why not take a high potiental player, let him play with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh for a couple of years and hope that he turns into a steal for your team.. The Heat arent going to be able to resign everyone on that team either.. They might need some production out of bench players. Miller has shown he has talent but he needs to be pushed.. I think playing with Lebron and Wade could be enough push for him to play hard.
28. Thunder - Kevin Jones - A big think that the Thunder's bigs lack is range.. When Ibaka and Perkins are both in the game, defense's know that they arent going to be shooing many 20-25 foot shots.. Jones can provide that along with some rebounding. He isnt the greatest defender but he can be a great pick and pop option with Westbrook and Harden. At 6'8, he is a little small for the PF spot but he will bring some options the team has been lacking since Jeff Green left..
29. Bulls - Royce White - The Bulls dont really have any pressing needs outside of better luck.. So they need to take a player that has the potiental to become a starter 1 day and could help them off the bench.. White could be that guy.. He has the ability to be a very tough 3 in the league. He wont be expected to do much right away because Deng is top 5 in minutes played in the league.. However, as Deng gets older, he will need a backup. White could be ready by then.
30. Warriors - Kim English - The Warriors have a nice, young SG in Thompson but they arent deep at that spot.. English provides some depth and vetran presence. He is an under rated player and Mark Jackson loves players that other guys look past.. English can do everything well. Doenst have much of a weakness.. Even as a shooter, he is good enough that he cant be left alone.
Please feel free to ask questions!
I'm cool with eveything, but I think the Celtics wouldn't pick someone like Buford. They will be going for potential a high ceiling player that hasn't been in college for more than two years. If any are still available.
I think Marshall and Lillard will be picked higher than 20 and 16
I would hold off on saying the Pacers have given up on Collison, apparently getting benches has lit a fire under him and he is really playing well. I think the Pacers should get a pure scorer at SG to come off the bench behind George.
14. Why would the Rockets go with Jared Sullinger? We already have waaaay too many power forwards. Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, and D-Mo who may be coming over next season. A 4th power forward would make no sense for us.
15. The 76ers have Spencer Hawes and just drafted Nikola Vucevic, why would they reach for another big when they still don't have a small forward with small forward size? They need to either go for a power forward or a small forward. Brand isn't getting younger, Young is a tweener, and Iguodala is most likely to be traded.
16. Again, the Rockets are stacked at point guard. We were so stacked this year that we basically gave away Jonny Flynn. Kyle Lowry is one of the better point guards in the league and if Dragic resigns, we wouldn't need another point guard. Especially since Lowry and Dragic are both point guards that can go for 20 on any given night, as that was your explaination for Lillard.
agree with those 3 comments above
also, festus ezeli at 23 is quite a reach
My guess would be Celtics going Moe Harkless, and Festus Ezeli
As a Celtics fan, I know this for sure championship or not none of the big 4 are safe after the season.
Beal at 8? Best PGs in the draft slip to 16 and 20? no
I've recently had a gut feeling that either the Cavaliers or Hornets will land the No. 1 pick. For some reason I just don't foresee Anthony Davis in a Charlotte or Washington uniform. I am basing this on nothing, however.
Anthony Davis will go #1, team needs don't matter with the #1 pick. It's always BPA, if they don't want him they'll draft him and trade him.
I get MKG as a player. Every team would love to have him but they just draftet Vesely(combo forward) and Singleton(SF) and those guys already bring some of what MKG does. If they are going to go SF it should be Barnes because he can spread the floor. This is John Walls team. He can't shoot. Adding another non shooter I think kills them. At 2, I say you go Drummond. If he is another McGee you end up trading him because he has value as an athletic big. Plus, I think Drummond will be better and not the knucklehead McGee was. I go with Barnes or Drummond at 2. Like I said, MKG may end up the better player even in year 1 but to me he just doesn't fit in Washington.
If Quincy Miller fell that far...I would LOVE it if the Cavs or Celtics picked him up.
If the Cavs picked Bradley Beal, or Andre Drummond with their first pick than pairing that pick with Quincy Miller would be an absolute steal.
For the Celtics, they could groom Miller to be the heir to Pierce because Miller has a VERY high upside.
@Joe I wasn't saying I think Charlotte or Washington would pick someone other than Davis if they had the No. 1 pick, I was just saying that I have a gut feeling neither of them are going to win the lottery.
Gotcha, my bad
I really like Barnes, but i just have a feeling that both Beal and Drummond are higher on the Cavs big board.
There is NO WAY Terrence Jones gets drafted at #25, that's too low for him.
And where is Jeff Taylor?
I still not sold on Henson...he reminds me of poor mans joakim noah...but u said that "his legnth and leaping ability, he will be a terror around the rim with rebounds, putbacks, and blocks. He has a nice little jumper too" ...ummm last i checked we have someone like that...he goes by the name of Jason Maxiell...Why draft another person of the same style of play?
If i was the GM i would draft a big who knows how to score down low...Im lookin at Jared Sullinger. Sure he doesn't complement Monroe..but he knows how to score and use his big body...(Monroe is known to disappear in stretches of games..) so i think Monroe can work well with high post and Sully downlow. Yes he is undersized (as some would say) but he play bigger than his size.
Thanks for the comments everyone!
I dont think that the PGs of this class are going to stand out or be drafted very high.. I think they do fall out of the lottery.
You really want Maxiell, who is almost 30, on this team that is young and coming?? No.. Also, Maxiell is 6'7.. Henson is 6'9 or 6'10.. Maxiel is always outsized. You can play that game if you want.. I go for Henson and let Maxiel walk..
I don't think they'll take DLamb at 18, that seems like it'd be too much of a reach, unless he has absolutely killer workouts or he's taller/longer than expected. I think they'll trade out of that spot- either to trade up to get one of the elite wing prospects, down for D Lamb and and extra pick or a vet, or out for vet help at the SG/SF spot. I think if they stay at 18, they draft Ross if available, followed by Quincy Miller, Harkless, Jeff Taylor, THEN DLamb.
NO WAY does Marshall land at 20. Rondo has struggled his entire career with his shot and is 3 inches shorter. If Marshall didn't love the game so much then yeah, I agree, 20's seems fair enough... but he eats, sleeps and breaths ball. Rondo excels because he is incredibly shifty and intelligent with the ball in his hands. He makes teammates better and sets up the offense so everyone is involved and knows what to do. A true PG QB. Nash, Rondo, Kidd, Williams, Paul... even Rubio. How about Andre Miller? All of them are either slow footed, unathletic, No defense or no shot... but they are exceptional, have been allstars and are likely HOF's when all is said and done. My point is MOST NBA players, let alone PG's have some sort of flaw in their game that gets blown way out of proportion.... Marshall's athletic ability will improve and his shot will get better... Not that either are below average, they just aren't great. In the mean time, if he gets starters minutes he will average over 10 assists per game in his rookie season. He will be responsible for a jump in team wins to who ever drafts him. Just wait untill he gets 2-3 years into his NBA career... not to mention he's 6ft4. Look at all the Pg's who are 6ft1 and under... his height is a huge advantage right off the bat.
Look at all the teams that struggle with a "scoring PG" who put up decent assist #'s in the 5-7 range... Typically unless the team has a couple real studs at other positions... the team is mediocre at best. That pretty much sums up AI's career, which is why I was never a fan. All flash, no substance.
PG's who are ready for a jump next year are Holiday, Lawson and Teague in that order . They've really showed me something this post season. Holiday is the purest PG of those 3 though but Lawson and Teague are getting it together real quick... and look how their teams are reaping the rewards.
It use to be you could win a championship without a true floor general by just having your superstar(s) run the offense... that system is quickly becoming outdated as this appears to be the greatest collection of active PG's in NBA history... and if you don't have a really good one, good luck.
I've been busy lately and haven't been following draft news as much. Why do you have him falling out of the first?
I wouldn't let maxiell walk he always plays bigger than his size.Henson is a work in progress. When players are that skinny and they say they need to put on weight they never do. Austin Daye is just like henson...needed to put on weight but yet to do so and this is his third season. its always hard for henson to put on weight....
Back to maxi, he always holds his own against any player he plays against..