This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar NBAjunkie81 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    John Henson’s Muppets
    Participant

Read an interesting question on a mailbag article. The question was posed where would Dario Saric fall in the 2016 draft if he were eligible.

The author responded stating he would go #3 on his board which I was surprised with. I get he has improved overseas and he’ll be over for next year, but I figured a #8-#10 kind of range.

With that said, where would you take Dario in the upcoming draft if he were eligible?

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

I remember a article a few years back that said that Nikola Mirotic would go top 5 in the Wiggins/Parker draft which I found to be weird. I think guys that are drafted highly and choose to stay in Europe for a few more years often get a little overhyped because of their draft pedigree. The whose case was the Fran Vasquez one when people were saying that him and Dwight Howard duo would rival the Bynum and Gasol one at the time 

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

I remember a article a few years back that said that Nikola Mirotic would go top 5 in the Wiggins/Parker draft which I found to be weird. I think guys that are drafted highly and choose to stay in Europe for a few more years often get a little overhyped because of their draft pedigree. The whose case was the Fran Vasquez one when people were saying that him and Dwight Howard duo would rival the Bynum and Gasol one at the time 

Bornaskul
    Participant

I am a big Saric fan but I don’t think he would go that high, anything from 5 to 10 is much more probable 

Endlessknight
      Participant

I thought the same at first but considering Dunn is 4th on many mocks then Saric, who is actually youner than Dunn, is top 5. I know they are completely different players but I would rather have Saric than Dunn. 

Endlessknight
      Participant

I thought the same at first but considering Dunn is 4th on many mocks then Saric, who is actually youner than Dunn, is top 5. I know they are completely different players but I would rather have Saric than Dunn. 

Bornaskul
    Participant

I am a big Saric fan but I don’t think he would go that high, anything from 5 to 10 is much more probable 

holefillers1
    Participant

I read that article too. It was a local piece for liberty ballers. The more interesting point was his comments about Kris Dunn not being a good enough shooter and how he would rather have Demetrious Jackson or Monte Morris with the other two first round picks. I disagree with him but his thoughts were well laid out so I can’t bash his little mail bag session too much.

holefillers1
    Participant

I read that article too. It was a local piece for liberty ballers. The more interesting point was his comments about Kris Dunn not being a good enough shooter and how he would rather have Demetrious Jackson or Monte Morris with the other two first round picks. I disagree with him but his thoughts were well laid out so I can’t bash his little mail bag session too much.

darko4prez
    Participant

It’s been a while since I studied Saric but isn’t he basically Bender without the defense? Maybe better ball handler/creator? I don’t like bigs that can’t defend, I believe that limits you to a bench role on a title team. There are 6 guys I would for sure take over Dario today, after that it is up in the air / team need.

darko4prez
    Participant

It’s been a while since I studied Saric but isn’t he basically Bender without the defense? Maybe better ball handler/creator? I don’t like bigs that can’t defend, I believe that limits you to a bench role on a title team. There are 6 guys I would for sure take over Dario today, after that it is up in the air / team need.

TheGuy
    Participant

I like how 76er fans are saying Saric is going to be a big piece of their future, lol, he’s likely just a good role player, very well could be a bust

TheGuy
    Participant

I like how 76er fans are saying Saric is going to be a big piece of their future, lol, he’s likely just a good role player, very well could be a bust

holefillers1
      Participant

So which one is it? A bust or a role player?

holefillers1
      Participant

So which one is it? A bust or a role player?

ScoutWillis

I bet you he’s not coming over next year. He would be stupid to. He’ll make more money by coming over in 17-18 in that one year than he would have made in ’16-17, 17-18, 18-19, and 19-20 combined by coming over next year.

If he comes over next year he has to sign a 4 year rookie contract.

He can just come over one year later and sign for 15 million per year or whatever he can negotiate.

ScoutWillis

I bet you he’s not coming over next year. He would be stupid to. He’ll make more money by coming over in 17-18 in that one year than he would have made in ’16-17, 17-18, 18-19, and 19-20 combined by coming over next year.

If he comes over next year he has to sign a 4 year rookie contract.

He can just come over one year later and sign for 15 million per year or whatever he can negotiate.

NCarmean18
      Participant

Dario Saric has already stated that he was going to join the 76ers this upcoming season. 

ScoutWillis

He’s an idiot, but will change his mind at the last minute. He should have come over right after the draft, but his father, who was a mediocre player himself, convinced Dario that he wasn’t ready for the NBA.

ScoutWillis

He’s an idiot, but will change his mind at the last minute. He should have come over right after the draft, but his father, who was a mediocre player himself, convinced Dario that he wasn’t ready for the NBA.

NCarmean18
      Participant

Dario Saric has already stated that he was going to join the 76ers this upcoming season. 

Hype Machine

I’ve got him at #3 in 2016 and between 8 – 12 in 2015

Theres a huge gulf in depth between this year and last.

I think he’s a great player. I love watching his smooth game and high IQ

Hype Machine

I’ve got him at #3 in 2016 and between 8 – 12 in 2015

Theres a huge gulf in depth between this year and last.

I think he’s a great player. I love watching his smooth game and high IQ

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

says more about the weakness of the 2016 Draft than about Saric being a Franchise piece….

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

says more about the weakness of the 2016 Draft than about Saric being a Franchise piece….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login