This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar boxn1 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/08/13/corey_fisher_finally_speaks:_confirms_the_105-point_output

Corey Fisher knew the total.

“I was aware,” said the Villanova point guard, who confirmed to FOXSports.com that he scored 105 points last week in a playground summer league game at Watson Gleason in New York. “People kept yelling out how many I had. I kept playing and took myself out with a little more than a minute left.”

The crazy part is that Fisher, not exactly known for his long-range shooting in the past, made 23-of-28 shots from beyond the arc.

“I’ve worked on it a lot,” Fisher said. “I can get to the rim anytime I want to, but I feel like I have to be able to knock down shots.”

Fisher said the competition was a mix of college guys and men. They mixed up the defense once Fisher started to get going – from zone, to double teams and box-and-one.

“It’s fun, but it’s got nothing to do with getting me where I want to be,” Fisher said. “Or helping my team get better.”

Fisher said he received a text from ‘Nova coach Jay Wright shortly after the story blew up.

“He asked me if I gave up 102,” Fisher joked.

The soft-spoken Fisher will go back to school on Aug. 22 and look to help fill the void left with the departure of Scottie Reynolds.

“I’m a leader on this team and I know I have to get better,” Fisher said. “This is something that gets people talking.”

“It’s a big honor,” he added. “But I don’t want people to start calling me a streetball legend. You can’t be a legend in one game.”

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

here’s another post

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/14350/the-legend-of-corey-fisher-confirmed

It’s true.

The Legend of Corey Fisher has been affirmed.

The Villanova guard said he did, in fact, score 105 points in a summer-league game, confirming the message board and Twitter-fed buzz circling the past week.

“I kept scoring and people kept yelling,’’ Fisher said. “I had 72 after the third quarter and I just kept scoring and scoring. I didn’t realize I was near 100 and then I go to the free throw line and people started going crazy.’’

Fisher’s Wilt Chamberlain moment came during a Watson Basketball Classic Summer League game in the Bronx. He swears there was defense — “double-team, box-and-one, zone, man,’’ he said — and can’t recall the final score but knows he did break “someone’s record.”

The someone is Fly Williams, the streetball legend who helped coin the unforgettable Austin Peay chant — “Fly is open; let’s go Peay!” Williams dropped 100 during an IS8 League game in Jamaica, Queens in 1978.

Fisher said he had no idea how many he was scoring, but just knew that every 3-pointer he tossed up went in (somewhere Jay Wright is wondering why that never happened at Villanova. Fisher’s collegiate career high is 24 and he’s never drained more than five 3s in a game).

And he didn’t realize until after the game was over, how fast word had spread.

“I heard from everybody,’’ he said. “My Twitter account went crazy. People were calling on the phone every five minutes. I didn’t know it was going to get this big.’’

Unfortunately there is no video evidence, so skeptics will have to simply take Fisher at his word.

Or head back to Watson-Gleason Playground on Saturday night at 8.

That’s when Fisher plays again.

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

here’s another post

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/14350/the-legend-of-corey-fisher-confirmed

It’s true.

The Legend of Corey Fisher has been affirmed.

The Villanova guard said he did, in fact, score 105 points in a summer-league game, confirming the message board and Twitter-fed buzz circling the past week.

“I kept scoring and people kept yelling,’’ Fisher said. “I had 72 after the third quarter and I just kept scoring and scoring. I didn’t realize I was near 100 and then I go to the free throw line and people started going crazy.’’

Fisher’s Wilt Chamberlain moment came during a Watson Basketball Classic Summer League game in the Bronx. He swears there was defense — “double-team, box-and-one, zone, man,’’ he said — and can’t recall the final score but knows he did break “someone’s record.”

The someone is Fly Williams, the streetball legend who helped coin the unforgettable Austin Peay chant — “Fly is open; let’s go Peay!” Williams dropped 100 during an IS8 League game in Jamaica, Queens in 1978.

Fisher said he had no idea how many he was scoring, but just knew that every 3-pointer he tossed up went in (somewhere Jay Wright is wondering why that never happened at Villanova. Fisher’s collegiate career high is 24 and he’s never drained more than five 3s in a game).

And he didn’t realize until after the game was over, how fast word had spread.

“I heard from everybody,’’ he said. “My Twitter account went crazy. People were calling on the phone every five minutes. I didn’t know it was going to get this big.’’

Unfortunately there is no video evidence, so skeptics will have to simply take Fisher at his word.

Or head back to Watson-Gleason Playground on Saturday night at 8.

That’s when Fisher plays again.

LeroyJenkins
    Participant

I want to see it before I believe it.

LeroyJenkins
    Participant

I want to see it before I believe it.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I love that he was the last person i excpected to put down this many.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I love that he was the last person i excpected to put down this many.

boxn1
    Participant

even if you are 25 and somehow got into a 50+ league,105 is very impressive

boxn1
    Participant

even if you are 25 and somehow got into a 50+ league,105 is very impressive

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login