This topic contains 27 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar kobyz 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    BobbyHurley4Ever
    Participant

Regardless how the Bulls finish this year…..what will the roster look like in 2012? They will have two late 1st round picks…..see either making an impact? Who should they target? They will have ten guaranteed contracts next year. I would like to see them add a big 3 to backup Deng and bring back Thomas for a year……yes he will be damn near 40 years old but that is one tough post player…..so a 12th man role again would be great. It would also be fun to see Scalabrine stay with the organization as a new coach……but on the roster again probably won’t happen.

The roster considering guaranteed contracts will look like this:

C- Noah
    PF- Boozer
    SF- Deng
    SG- Bogans (yes he has one guaranteed year left lol)
    PG- Rose

Bench:
    C- Asik
    PF- Gibson
    SF- Korver (interchangeable at the 2 with Brewer)
    SG- Brewer (see above)
    PG- Watson (he has 2 guaranteed years left)

So a pretty full roster already but there are some spots where they can improve. Adding a pure bench scorer would be nice as well. I’m also not sure if they will have their mid-level exception available……it would be GREAT if they did.

Just wondering what pieces people think they could use.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

I would think that theyll package those picks and a couple players maybe and get a quality 2 guard

Michael.S.
    Participant

If they get that MLE they should use it on a player like Thabo S…Or Pietrus that is an athletic wing defender who can make open shots and won’t take the ball away from Rose. Bogans is the only weak spot on their team though Brewer and Korver are nice bench players they aren’t the answer at the starting 2 spot.

DanEboy
    Participant

I am enjoying this season way to much to even start thinking about next season. Rose officially won the MVP tonight.

I really think they should bring back Kurt Thomas next year if he is still able to play. The guy knows his role, plays good defense and adds to the great team chemistry they have going on. Bogans has been playing very solid over the past month or so but they do need an upgrade at the 2. They don’t need to do anything major, just add a couple of nice pieces. Marshon Brooks would be a good draft pick, JaJuan Johnson could replace Kurt if he doesn’t come back. David Lighty would also fit well in their system.

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

If they wanted Thabo why would have they traded him in the first place????? ahhhh duhhhhh

Fritz
    Participant

If anyone still thinks Rondo is better then Rose then you dont have a pulse

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^ Why do all Bulls fans hate Rondo?

WizardofOz
      Participant

DP

Ghost01
    Participant

Boston Tools put Rondo into the HOF based on a playoff series where Rose was 20 years old and still at times outplayed Rondo…then kept reiderating it for a year and a half until they all shut up because Rose proved hes better than Rondo by miles…

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

I really haven’t got any clue on what their plans are… But as a fan. I just enjoy watching them play beautiful basketball right now… They might add a couple of pieces in the offseason and could make some trades here and there using there 2 first round picks but I’m not sure who they’ll be getting though… This 2011 Draft Class are byfar the most "un"-interesting draft class I’ve ever felt… wew!

FANTASY IDEA::::: find a way to get Xavier Henry…..lol

iminipanda
    Participant

I actually like Xavier Henry but they need a veteran 2. I think Rip is a good fit.

marcusfizer21
    Participant

Getting Rip would be tougher though since he’s owed 21 Mill…unless he agrees to a buyout and yeah I agree… He’s a good fit for the Bulls due to his ability to move without the ball much like Ronnie Brewer only Rip is a far better shooter… I wouldn’t mind him too but man o man… X is the guy I want waering that Bulls jersey along with my boy DRose…

JoeWolf1

I’m a Kansas fan and I would hate to see Xavier Henry for the Bulls.  The dude drove me crazy in college, he’s close to 6’7” in shoes and ripped, but he would never take it to the rack, post up smaller guards or even really shoot mid range jumpers.  Sure, he’d light up bad teams for 20+ now and again, but he was a 3 point chucker who played decent defense.  

He hasn’t proved a whole lot more this year only with the extra range added to the line he only shot 11% from the 3 point line before his injury.  For a young shooting guard I have my fingers crossed for Klay Thompson in the 1st round or as DanEboy mentioned David Lighty in the 2nd.

marcusfizer21
    Participant

got a point there JoeWolf, my man… but I am intrigued with the kid’s upside… He can improve on a hard nosed team like Chicago… I don’t think he can play lackadaisically with Thibodeau breathing down his neck… I think he’s an upgrade over Keith Bogans in terms of youth and quickness…though I don’t think he’s as good as Bogans on D but still, X is a kind of guard I would want to pair with Rose.

Fritz
    Participant

Reasons I hate Rondo, and yes I am biased I get into heated discussions with Celtics fans everyday, they are my Rival

Whenever I said Rose has passed Rondo, I get destroyed by negatives from all the Boston fans who havent seen Rose play much at all this season. Rondo cannot score the ball, and on an earlier thread all you Rondo supporters kept saying Rondo could score a whole lot more even some said average 22 points a game. 

Yes he can average more, but if this guy was the focal point of teams defense to stop him from scoring like Rose is, he wouldnt be able to do much at all.  Rondo can attack the basket, the problem is defenders like Rose tonight can shut him down from that aspect so easily because they can play 2 feet in front of him in the mid-range area because he simply cant shoot. When is Rondo EVER double teamed?

Rondo supporters always bring up points like Rose is not a pure point guard and that somehow makes him worse? Where does that show up in the win column if a point guard is pure or not? Rose is not a SG, being able to score at will does not turn you into a SG. Rose is a great distributor, and although he doesnt average as much assist as the other elite point guards in the league that doesnt necessarily mean he isnt just as good as a passer, he just uses more of the teams possessions to score by himself rather then hitting Keith Bogans for the 3 point clunkers off the side of the rim.

and ps I also hate Rondo for that cheap shot on my KU boy Kirk Hinrich

Im just glad to put this comparison is finally put to rest, its a joke. Rondo is a 55 percent free throw shooter, good luck closing games with that when your Big three are gone.

JoeWolf1

Well, one thing he can do is play defense and for a 20 year old being paired with Thibodeau he could really get good at it, but his offensive decision making is pretty terrible.  It’s not like I don’t think X’s career is sealed or anything like that, I just don’t think his upside is as high as a lot of people.  If there were any 2 guard from Kansas I’d like to pair with Rose it’d be Brandon Rush, but I’ve got my fingers crossed for Klay Thompson.

marcusfizer21
    Participant

do you think Klay will be coming out this year? I certainly hope so… He will be a good piece to a team like the Bulls also… He’s a solid guard and can definitely hit shots though… Other than  that marijuana thing, I don’t see a problem at all if they do get Klay…By the way, I thought he’s in the 2012 mock draft though…

JoeWolf1

Wishful thinking I guess, lol.  I also had my heart set on James Anderson at #17 last year, I thought he was the sure fire answer to address their weakness in the draft.  I guess with shooting guards, you really don’t have to get a high draft pick to get a good one.  It’s not uncommon to get a good SG in the late teens and 20’s so acquiring a good player that fits your needs and not having to give anything up for it, just seems ideal.

Do you know Bogans’ contract info? Do they have him for 12?

I’m not as much of a Bogans hater as some, but I definately think he is more of a bench player.

Leftovers16
    Participant

i dont know why people are all over Rondo like he’s the new IT pg… lets just see what he can do after their Big 3…  

Fritz
    Participant

Ive always thought Rush would be a good compliment to Rose. Yea and I always thought Xavier could be so good, he just always dissappoints it seems. He’s still young though I think he will eventually be able to hit those threes consistently and be a force on the defensive end.

But in terms of getting a SG this summer I dont really want any of those. Unless someone slips back who shouldnt have, I think we dont pick up anyone besides through a trade. I see the bulls trying to trade one or both of these draft picks and maybe Keith Bogans for OJ Mayo, or Courtney Lee,  or try to get Aarron Afflalo or something. I believe there will be many chances to upgrade the SG position this summer through trade or free agency. I dont see either of those guys available at those picks being able to help are team next year at all. We need a legit starting 2 guard.

But an intresting senario would be what if Alec Burcs fell back a bit? I wouldnt be surprised if the bulls packaged their 2 first rounders and maybe a player to get a higher pick in this draft, mainly because we already have 6 good reserves they wouldnt be able to get much PT with the bulls great depth.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

They should go after Micheal Redd or use those picks for OJ Mayo…

BobbyHurley4Ever
    Participant

Joewolf-

The bulls have Bogans for one more season at 1.7 mil.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

And the bulls already tried to package all 3 first rounders they have in the next two drafts for Mayo…….but Heisley has all but come out and said that he will not deal with them…..he’s from Chicago and holds a big grudge.

They also offered 2 1st rounders for Lee at the deadline but the Rockets insisted on them including Asik in any deal and the Bulls said no and won’t do that for good reason…..

I like the Thompson, Lighty and Hamilton ideas……and joewolf summed up Henry perfectly…..a muscular 3 point chucker who won’t drive….he’s a big tease damnit…..I had high hopes for him but they’ve been tapered off after 2011.

And trade the two first rounders and another player to move up? This isn’t the NFL draft lol.

Real Talk Real Trophies
    Participant

Afflalo would be my first choice if I was them. Stay true to the team and get a gritty defensive player who can shot the three but doesn’t need shots to have influence on the game. I also agree with Lee, Shane Battier or Mayo if the Griz try to dump one since they are overstacked at the wing. And a name no one else has mentioned yet and whose contract I think is up soon, Jodie Meeks. He has hustle and can knock down shots and can get him relatively on the cheap.

Fritz
    Participant

OJ mayo trade value has plummeted, are you telling me the bulls cant acquire him yet the Pacers almost got him for freaking Josh McRoberts and a first? It will probably take more than the 2 first rounders, but OJ Mayo hasnt done anything this season, Memphis knows hes likely gone. He needs a new change of scenery and I believe the Bulls or another team wont have to pay that much to get him this summer. Dont forget the Bulls have Charlotte’s 2012 1st round pick to dangle also. Even though it is protected I dont see the Bobcats getting good anytime soon. The pick will most likely be at least lottery I bet, and could be a early lottery in a couple years down the road if the Bobcats continue to lose.

Hitster
    Participant

The pick due from the Bobcats is lottery protected next year but this protection falls off through future years so could be a very nice thing for the Bulls to have in a future first round draft.

This year I wonder if they might try packaging the two picks currently 25 and 29 to try and move up to get the BPA they can. Ideally I’d figure they might look for a Western Conference team to do the deal with as Eastern Conference rivals would probably not really look to help a major rival out but a lot of Eastern teams are picking in the 15 to 20 range where a trade up might put them. Teams like the Wizards and the Bobcats are in rebuild and have conveyed picks at around 19 or 20 but that might be a bit low. The T-Wolves have picks coming out of their ears so would probably not want two more for a trade up and any deal between the Bulls and the Knicks would be hard to imagine. Philly at 17 might be an option, they are a play off team but are still rebuilding and extra picks in what isn’t a great draft might be deemed as useful by Coach Collins and Rod Thorn than going all in for a guy at around 16 or 17.

If they did trade up then Jordan Hamilton could be a guy they might consider to play some SF and maybe some SG, if Jimmer dropped to their draft level then he could be an option playing off ball alongside D-Rose (MVP) and as a PG option when Rose goes to the bench. If they keep the picks them Kenneth Faried stands out to me, he’s a college senior so is fairly experienced and could take on the Kurt Thomas role longer term and have Kurt to help mentor him along for his first year. Also the two Duke Seniors Singler and Smith would come from 4 years under Coach K so could fit into Coach Thib’s system or they might take a flyer on Josh Selby for his upside.

I agree that bringing Kurt Thomas back for one more year makes sense as he can almost do the role that Mutombo did in his last years at Houston and be a bench guy who can immediately step in when required but also can wrack up DNP’s if required.

The lake show2

Why would you want Xavier Henry??.. He has shown absolutly nothing this year, His defense is bad, his offense is just as bad and he has been aruguable the worst first round pick guy this year and he has even gotten time and started

Ghost01
    Participant

I agree, screw Xavier Henry. How bout getting a legit 2 guard instead?

kobyz
    Participant

this is how this year draft would look like for the bulls:

26. Kyle Singler

29. Doron Lamb(if declare)/David Lighty

43. Josh Selby/Jon Leuer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login