Breakout Candidates: 2010-2011

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
Breakout Candidates: 2010-2011

Alright, so we are a few days into this summer madness and we've seen 1 big name player on the move (amare)...the other moves have been a little less climactic but still noteworthy such as steve blake, drew gooden, and hakim warrick all jumpin to new squads...so since amare won't be returning to phoenix next season, it can be assumed that Warrick will see increased minutes and thusly increased production so Hakim is a candidate to breakout this upcoming year....here are a couple other players i think will open some eyes (im not going to include incoming rookies)

Breakout Candidates:
1) Ty Lawson- Chauncey Billups isn't getting any younger, and the coaching staff is confident in Lawson's game...so confident that they decided against sending him to Indiana for that 10th pick

2) James Johnson- Say the Bulls ship Luol Deng out in hopes of luring LeBron but end up losing the sweepstakes, look for Johnson to step in and develop into a very respectable player...he showed very promising glimses last year on both sides of the ball

3) Marreese Speights- The 76ers shipped Dalembert out of town with the hopes of pressing Speights into that starting role in the middle...He has all the tools, he is finally going to get a chance to prove he can put it all together

4) Omri Casspi- The rookie from Israel showed a lot of nice things last year as he averaged 10.3 ppg, and 4.5 rpg...with the play-making Tyreke Evans and the low-post depth getting better, look for Casspi to get a lot of open looks this season

5) Anthony Randolph-I think this is the year Randolph puts all of his "stuff" to good use...he has the length, the scoring ability, the intriguing upside, and the shot-blocking potential but he is painfully skinny and not a good post defender...I was hoping Don Nelson would have gotten let go because a different coach could take the pieces Golden State has and turn that team into a very serious squad if he utilizes the players correclty

A couple guys that broke out this past season:

Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry
Joakim Noah
David Lee (to some extent)
Marc Gasol
Chris Kaman (to some extent)
Wilson Chandler
John Salmons
Channing Frye
Jared Dudley

who else do you guys think could breakout?

sayounh
sayounh's picture
George Hill. He already had a

George Hill. He already had a breakout season last year but I can see him getting even better, especially if Tony Parker leaves.

Andray Blatche. He also had a good year last year but I can see him benefitting a lot from John Wall's game.

jerb2011
Aaron Brooks

I already think he is in the process of coming out.

But possibly James Harden. I definately feel he will get more PT and average close to 15-20 PPG with 2-5 APG and 2-5 RPG and about 30 Min.PG

Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen's picture
Here's a few

Michael Beasley- if Wade leaves then they might build around him but I think he matures since he is in his extension year
Thaddeus Young- Iggy will be gone by mid season watch out for this guy he, J.Holiday, ET and M16 are Philly's future
Robin Lopez- will be a dominate post defender maybe average, 9, 11 and 2
JJ Hickson- whether or not LeBRON returns he will be a focal point for Cleveland
JaVale McGee- will average 15, 9 and 2 next year playin with J.Wall
Nick Young- will be instant offense off the bench I'm predicting 17ppg and 6th man consideration
Terrence Williams- I will just give you a stat line 18pts, 6rebs, 4ast, 2stls and 1blk
Earl Clark- great player will start a the 4 if Gentry has a clue average 12 and 5 with and 2 stocks

Last and I may get minused for this but
Greg Oden- plays 75 games at 30 minutes all defense 2nd team with a stat line of 14pts, 13rebs, 2.5blks

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
i like some of those, i think

i like some of those, i think your spot on with t-will

i dont see javale mcgee averaging 15 ppg...hes not that gifted offensively

Leftovers16
I dunno much of other teams but...

For Sac Kings we need a SM to step up so ima add Greene or else we might give up on him any improvement is good for us... Uh I like RLopez too he gonna get his PT he just needs to show what he got...

omphalos
omphalos's picture
Terrence Williams was

Terrence Williams was impressive in the Summer League game and I can only see him improving. I agree with Casspi playing a lot better, with Cousins in the fold and Reke showing more growth Casspi can just be that energy guy. If Cousins works out Casspi will benefit from the double teams.

kobyz
kobyz's picture
Byron Mullens i think would

Byron Mullens i think would make a big jump, he putting the work to it!

omar dayze
omar dayze's picture
DD

Demar DeRozan has apparently been putting in work this summer... if hes learnt how to dribble yet he will be alot more consistent in his second year. If playing well more often can be considered breaking out then hes one to look for.

omar dayze
omar dayze's picture
DD

Demar DeRozan has apparently been putting in work this summer... if hes learnt how to dribble yet he will be alot more consistent in his second year. If playing well more often can be considered breaking out then hes one to look for.

omar dayze
omar dayze's picture
DD

omar dayze
omar dayze's picture
oops

multi-post

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Bam

Sonny Weems

nateoak10
nateoak10's picture
anthony randolph

ibaka

Ara Minats
Ara Minats's picture
not

Goran Dragic - Love his playmaking abilities and there's no better person to back up, play against everyday, and learn from than Steve Nash.

George Hill - If Tony Parker is traded he will get a significant boost in playing time and his toughness and range will do him plenty of good.

Jrue Holliday - He will begin the season as the point and sharing playmaking duties with Turner once in a while on the floor will allow him to be the first scoring option.

Chase Budinger - Will become an extremely effective role player for Houston.

DeAndre Jordan - Still no jumpshot, but he got extended playing time at the end of last season and improved game by game.

TC
good thread, taylor condom.

good thread, taylor condom.

malogoin
Dear customers, thank you for

Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
input: http://www.&$#%#&@!ing.com We need your support and trust!!!
ty8467

StF616
StF616's picture
Anthony Randolph - If He Gets

Anthony Randolph - If He Gets Played By Don Nelson or Is Traded
I Love the GSW but i HATE their Coach
Greg Oden - No Injuries
Kyle Lowry - If He Goes To Another Team That Needs a Starting PG
DeMar DeRozan - I Really Think He Will be a Star. I Know its alot to expect. But Remember (and im not ocmparing demar to these guys) but Kobe,T-Mac,Nowitzki and some others didnt have great rookie seasons
James Harden - I Think He WIll Start Next Season

JNixon
JNixon's picture
TERRENCE WILLIAMS Also, if

TERRENCE WILLIAMS

Also, if you thought Brandon Jennings was good last season......Wait until next year.

paint intruder
paint intruder's picture
question

I really like the potential of James Johnson, Earl Clark and Terrance Williams and I would love them to break out and flourish.
They're all very versatile players with tons of potential, but will they ever reach it?
Do they maybe just need more playing time, get things right in their mind or time to develop?

SubZero
SubZero's picture
I seriously can't wait to see

I seriously can't wait to see what T-Will will do. Dude's a baller

Raef LaFrentz
Raef LaFrentz's picture
Bill Walker

I'm really excited to see his progression with a full season in New York. He's perfect for the run and gun style of play that the Knicks play, and now with his weight loss and work that he's been putting in this offseason I can see him playing a major role off the bench and even starting if they lose the LeBron sweepstakes.

Also, Mr. Flynn of the Minnesota Timberwolves comes to mind when naming breakout candidates for the 2010-2011 season. This guy has waterbug type shiftiness, and with a year under his belt and an offseason learning the nuances of the Triangle offense, only good things are to come for this kid.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I'm sorry, Anthony Randolph

I'm sorry, Anthony Randolph should be removed off the list.

He's been there for 2 seasons now.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
George Hill. He's been

George Hill. He's been putting in MAJOR work this summer. He's going to do big things next season.

Roy Hibbert. He could've had a much better season had they looked for him in the post more. I think they will next season.

Roddy B. He'll be the starter at some point next season, with J. Kidd coming off of the bench.

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
Sonny Weems Anthony

Sonny Weems
Anthony Morrow
Brandon Jennings
George Hill
Demar Derozan

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
Terence Williams Rodrigue

Terence Williams
Rodrigue Beaubois

Hale
Hale's picture
The Suns bench! Dragic, Clark

The Suns bench! Dragic, Clark and Dudley.

Windy City Assassin
Jerryd Bayless Donte

Jerryd Bayless
Donte Greene
Thaddeus Young

RSS: Syndicate content