This topic contains 26 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar bobbyb 11 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    monkey23
    Participant

Good news in case you didn’t hear it. Jason Terry guarantees Celtics will win 2013 NBA championship. I feel very good about that prediction, especially since Terry was right with his preseason prediction for the 2010-2011 season, when the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA championship. With that said, here are my playoff brackets:

East
    1 Miami Heat
    2 Boston Celtics
    3 New Jersey Nets
    4 Philadelphia 76ers
    5 Indiana Pacers
    6 Chicago Bulls
    7 New York Knicks
    8 Toronto Raptors

Miami v Toronto – Miami wins
    Boston v New York – Boston wins
    New Jersey v Chicago – New Jersey wins
    Philadelphia v Indiana – Indiana wins

Miami v Indiana- Miami wins
    Boston v New Jersey- Boston wins

Miami v Boston – Boston wins

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. Los Angeles Lakers
    3. Denver Nuggets
    4. Memphis Grizzlies
    5. Los Angeles Clippers
    6. San Antonio Spurs
    7. Utah Jazz
    8. Dallas Mavericks

Oklahoma City v Dallas – OKC wins
    Lakers v Utah – Lakers win
    Denver v San Antonio – Denver wins
    Memphis v Clippers – Clippers win

OKC v Clippers – OKC wins
    Lakers v Nuggets – Lakers win
    OKC v Lakers – Lakers win

NBA Finals
    OKC v Boston – BOSTON WINS!!!!

Jason Terry guarantees Celtics will win 2013 NBA championship

Decrease font
    Enlarge font

Jason Terry guaranteed last week that the Celtics would win the 2013 NBA championship. (Danny Bollinger/Getty Images)

Jason Terry is no stranger to boisterous predictions and guarantees. When he joined the Dallas Mavericks in 2011,  Terry got a tattoo of the NBA Finals trophy inked on his right biceps.

And now he’s predicting his newest tattoo will be just as foreboding. The new Boston Celtics guard got a tattoo of Celtics mascot Lucky the Leprechaun, and he used it toguarantee a 2013 championship in an interview with WBZ-TV in Boston.

“He’s spinning the Larry O’Brien trophy, that we will win,” Terry said.

“Similar situation, same type of feeling,” he said of the championship Mavs and 2012 Celtics. “Going into training camp right now looking at our roster and what Danny has put together – we have a good team. A solid core of veteran guys, two Hall of Famers, one of the best point guards in the league – the best if you ask me in Rajon Rondo – and a good nucleus of young guys that are going to have to play and help us out.”

ENOGSIWONdede

only way they win is if Bradley has a huge year and Terry rides the pine lol

Tyrober
    Participant

You have the Lakers beating the Thunder, but then the Celtics beating the Thunder lol. 

monkey23
      Participant

Oops, sorry I got a little too excited with my predictions. It should be the Celtics beating the Lakers in the 2013 NBA Finals. Yes!!!!!!!!

joecheck88
    Participant

You put okc in the finals but had the lakers beating them in wcf. Just FYI. I certainly think Boston could win. I wouldn’t put money on it though. If you gave me Heat, Thunder, & Lakers and I have you the rest of the league, I would be happy with my odds that one of those 3 winning the title. 

B-ball fan
    Participant

I doubt the Celtics could handle the Thunder.  They may stand a better chance against the Lakers, but I think they would still be undone by their lack of offensive firepower.  The addition of Terry should help, but the trio of the Heat, Thunder, and Lakers will be too much for the Celtics to handle (not that they’d have to beat all three, but they would likely face two of them).  In my opinion, the Spurs have a better shot at a championship than the Celtics.

akhan786
    Participant

Rondo has to have an MVP type season next year if we want to win the championship…and I’m talking like 18-20 ppg, 11 apg, 7 rpg close to what his playoff stats are.

However the Championship imo will be a four horse race between Miami, LA, OKC, and Boston.

Miami has the best player on the planet.

LA has the best trio (plus Gasol) in the NBA.

OKC has youth on their side.

And Boston has all those veterans on their side.

It’s a toss up really.

Bird_Years
    Participant

Celtics will be deeper this year with Jeff Green and Sullinger but unfortunately we’re still only fringe contenders

Participant

Someone from the central division has to be in one of the top 4 spots even if their record isn’t as good as some seeds in lower positions. Based on your projections that would put the Pacers at number 4 and the Sixers at 5. The Sixers could still have the home court though. It’s just like this year where the Celtics were the number 4 spot even though the Hawks had a better record and home court advantage.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

The Celtics don’t need Rondo to have a MVP type of season to win a title… They just need Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to be healthy in the playoffs. Pierce played with a badly sprained MCL majority of the playoffs… He wasn’t close to being himself.  

I really like what the Celtics have done via the draft and free-agency. Ray Allen is a great shooter, but he couldn’t defend. The off guard combo of Jason Terry, Courtney Lee and Avery Bradley is better than Allen. And due to their new depth at shooting guard, they don’t have to rush Bradley back from surgery on both shoulders.

This team just needs to have everyone healthy and clicking by the playoffs. Other than the Lakers, I think the Celtics are the biggest threat against the Heat repeating.

ENOGSIWONdede

If KG and Pierce do not age they win, but I don’t know if that is possible at their age and years in league.

Bird_Years
      Participant

This is one of my favourite ENOG comments so far

The Scare Crow Rises
    Participant

Are you the Miami big 3 trying to pull a fast one on us???

PabloFiasco
    Participant

One can only dream. Look I love my celtics but c’mon Jason Terry is the last guy I want guaranteeing anything. 10yrs ago he guaranteed the Hawks would make the playoffs on live television. They were in the lottery later that year

PabloFiasco
    Participant

Btw The Raptors WILL NOT make the playoffs lol I’d put the Milwaukee Bucks ahead of them

steviechillz
    Participant

OMG I hope this is how it will end, but man getting thru miami will be tough.  On the other hand, we did get them to a 7 game series with a plethora of injuries and we were one game away from the finals.

BTW really? Tornto? Idk if the east is that bad lol

druneave3
    Participant

Love what the Celtics have done this offseason with additions of terry, lee, and the rookie big men can both contribute and provide rest for KG. If Bass plays the same and KG and Pierce don’t fall apart Boston will make ECF but they still won’t beat LeBron. Going to be a great year!

bobbyb
    Participant

People are underestimating Ray Allen to the Heat. This is deadly, like when LEbron had  Mo Williams sitting in the corner

Memphis Madness
    Participant

^^^^

bobby b,

Ray Allen is not a great fit with the Big Three if they all have to play at the same time. Then you would have a power forward (Bosh), a stretch four (LeBron) and two shooting guards (D Wade and Ray Allen). Unless they put D Wade at the 3 or run him at the point they have one shooting guard too many.

The Celtics also had a great passing point guard and awesome ball movement. The Heat’s offense is more stagnant and Chalmers is no Rondo.

Toronto16
    Participant

I highly doubt Raptors are making the playoffs

Sewok15
    Participant

How will Boston beat Miami when they lost a key player to the Heat and KG and Paul Pierce are a year older. The Celtics window was still open last year but barely and my opinion is that Lebron slammed it shut in games 6 and 7.

The format of the initial post was awful….You have 3 Western Conference semi-final series.

capecodder
      Participant

Ray Allen is a year older too

tiberius
    Participant

Don’t you just love that aspect of sports when your team wins the championship and you feel like no one can stop them, but then teams make changes and trades and you don’t feel so sure anymore? The rich got richer, the heat got hotter, the lakers got better, the thunder grew up more and added my man pj3, the celtics added some good quality players. the list goes on! Waah I can’t wait!

blood

really look stupid after miami beats them in ecf,or even pacers or some other team before…im not high on cetlics cause at the end of the day garnet is 36,and will be 37 pierce is 35 and they really arent that championship celtics team… its good to fantasy but reality is different

Meditated States
    Participant

Still pushed Miami 7. They were tougher to deal with than OKC. I would not favor them but they are contenders for sure.

Tyreke Johnson
    Participant

Boston has definitely increased their chances but make no mistake, the Eastern Conference is Miami’s to lose. If the Heat remain healthy, they still have the better odds in beating Boston due to the fact that Bosh didnt get to play for most of the series and even though he wasnt back 100 % he made enough of an impact to tip the scale in Miami’s favor. Plus the Heat have someone whose called Lebron James and in game 6 he made the celtics look like a bunch of college players trying to keep up with him. The Heat arent as deep as the Celtics right now i will say that but if Wade and Bosh are both contributing as well as James utterly dominating like hes been doing, the Celtics are going to have a hard time dealing with the Heat. If Rashard Lewis, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier and Ray Allen knock down the open threes they are going to get, Miami is going to be extremely difficult to contend with.

bobbyb
    Participant

Lebron isnt a stretch 4, he is a point foward on offense and he can defend nearly  ALL postitions  on defense.  You dont need a traditional PG with him. But a sharp shoot like Ray Allen / Mo Williams  makes Lebron impossible to guard

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login