This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar cominup7 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    cominup7
    Participant

Why does this site feel the need to always compare these prospects to LEGENDS and HOF’ers? These are the REAL comparisons…all players here are compared to the NBA players in their prime (or now if they are currently in or near their prime):

According to nbadraft.net 1st Rd Mock,

#1 Anthony Davis- Joakim Noah

#2 Andre Drummond- Nene Hilario

#3 Harrison Barnes- Kendall Gill (taller)

#4 Thomas Robinson- Paul Millsap

#5 Jeremy Lamb- Nick Young

#6 Arnett Moultrie- Lamarcus Aldridge

#7 Austin Rivers- Marcus Thornton

#8 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- Josh Howard

#9 Bradley Beal- Voshon Lenard

#10 Jared Sullinger- Juwan Howard

So raspy
    Participant

naw

Mr. 19134
    Participant

I like the idea you had here and I gave you a point just because you pulled Voshon Lenard’s name out of obscurity that use to be my boy.  But these are all fundametally flawed and in some cases like Anthony Davis sound like worse case scenario.  But I’ve been using Noah’s name comparing Davis too saying if Noah can play Center in the league then theres no reason Davis can’t.  Davis is a much better scorer then people realize and he’s gonna start showing it in the tournament more.

Drummond and Nene is a solid one except Drummond is a naturally better rebounder and shot blocker, but I like this comparison a lot.  

You could of did better then Kendell Gill for Harrison Barnes, they’re different type of players.  Gill was more versatile and an elite defender too.

MKG is way more versatily then Josh Howard and can’t shoot like Howard could coming out of Wake.

Robinson was measured at 6’10 in shoes, and is faster and can jump higher then Milsap.  But this is a legit comparison.

Are you high on Moultrie or just think he compares favorably to Aldridge?  Because he does resemble L.A. when he plays.

Nick Young was an elite athlete leaving USC and a lights out shooter.  But i’m not sure what type of player Lamb is anymore honestly.  I’da probably used a Josh Childress comparison first tho.

Rivers is way more effective creating his own shot then Thornton but this isn’t a terrible comparison, based on NBA stat projections it’s very legit.

I honestly kinda like this list.

Steven

ahh, you meant "never" right!

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I bet if Beal saw you comparing him to Voshon Leonard,he’ll say u were trying to hurt his draft stock!!!! lol

Kidd-Gilcrest plays alot like Matt Barnes,but with a better feel and understanding of the game..

Watchout for Nate Wolters of South Dakota State,a 6’4 point guard…He plays alot like Mark Price…

UNCbasketballbum
    Participant

do you actually watch any college basketball games?

NotHamedHaddadi
    Participant

Since when are they compared to legends and Hall of Famers? Last time I checked Anthony Davis was compared to Marcus Camby and he’s not a legend. Neither is who Harrison Barnes is compared to, Luol Deng. This site does a good job comparing players to legends when they really deserve it, like comparing Lebron to Magic.

rheymar07
    Participant

LOL. youre crazy!

Anton123
    Participant

TheRealDJMbenga

And Adam Morrison to Larry Bird and DeShawn Stevenson to Jordan

cominup7
    Participant

@UNCbasketballbum I’ve watched all of these players in multiple games and i just dont see any superstar caliber players in this class

@theRealDJMbenga: Just think about the comparisons that nbadraft.net gives these players and then watch them actually play:

A. Davis – a mix between Camby & Bosh?

Drummond – mix of STAT and D. Jordan? Plays closer to D. Jordan

J. Lamb – REGGIE F**KIN MILLER????

B. Beal – Ray Allen???

nbadraft.net is an awesome site, but i just think sometimes they give lazy comparisons or BEST possible case scenarios, when in actuality 90% of all lottery picks turn out to just be solid NBA players, not superstars or HOF’ers

cominup7
    Participant

@RUDEBOY-Voshon Lenard in his prime was actually a pretty good, maybe not an all-star but a good 3rd option…but he’s never going to be CLOSE to Ray Allen who is a HOF’er or even as good as Eric Gordon, if he can ever stay healthy

@Mr. 19134

– i think A. Davis will be a more athletic Noah, he can be the type of center who can block a shot, lead the break and finish…just like Noah

– I do think Drummond will be a better shotblocker than Nene, but Drummond probably won’t get much more boards

– I really like the Gill-Barnes comparison, they are versatile players, but both seemed kinda stiff and not fluid or explosive athletes

– Josh Howard was VERY similar to MKG in college, both were versatile forwards who could also play the 4 if needed…and Howard didn’t really develop into a shooter until he got to the NBA, which i think MKG can eventually do

Ghost01
    Participant

Anthony Davis may not be Joakim Noah, but I think "worst case scenario" being one of the top 5-7 centers in the league is kind of over the top.

cominup7
      Participant

I dont really think Davis wil lbe able to put on enough muscle to play C in the league, Joakim Noah isnt that big but he even has a good 30-40 lbs on Davis

uknation
    Participant

The first couple of ones are pretty bad.  Noah didn’t have the offense of Davis 

Drummond doesn’t have the motor or goes as hard as NeNe

uknation
    Participant

The first couple of ones are pretty bad.  Noah didn’t have the offense of Davis 

Drummond doesn’t have the motor or goes as hard as NeNe

Thomas Robinson is much more athletic than Millsap

And Noah used to be skinner than Davis

cominup7
    Participant

What offense does Anthony Davis have exactly? Putbacks and alley-oops don’t really count as "offense"…I compared those two mostly because they both are great defenders, had slight builds, and they can both operate out of the high post. I think thats a much more accurate comparison than KG, no?

I don’t really think Nene has much of a motor, otherwise he would have averaged more than 14 & 7 for the last 6 years on Denver teams where he was the only true big man most of his time there…

Millsap is actually pretty athletic, even though you are right T-Rob is on a whole other level…but I think they will have similar careers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login