This topic contains 30 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Pistol Pete. The Pelican 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Anton123
    Participant

This article here says that Drummond is up to 6-11 285 pounds, I find it hard to believe and I mean isn’t that a bit to much?

Dwight Howard is listed at 6-11 265 and he has arguably the best body in the NBA.

Drummond doesn’t seem to have any fat on him so if he continues to put on weight he might get slowed down by his own muscle mass, somewhat like LeBron is now.

What do you guys think?

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_mens_basketball/2011/07/andre-drummond.html#more

paradigmn
    Participant

I can’t believe I missed those games…I went last week because I thought he was going to be there…LOL…I will definitely make sure I am there for the games in August….I got to see this 285 pound body for myself….If he really weighs that much and still move the way he does….all I can say is YIKES!!!

paradigmn
    Participant

I can’t believe I missed those games…I went last week because I thought he was going to be there…LOL…I will definitely make sure I am there for the games in August….I got to see this 285 pound body for myself….If he really weighs that much and still move the way he does….all I can say is YIKES!!!

boshjonesford
    Participant

No i dought it man just, no source or anything but just from looking at clips

boshjonesford
    Participant

No i dought it man just, no source or anything but just from looking at clips

GottaFeedTheFam
    Participant

Im wondering how accurate this source is listing him at 285 lbs, because Drummond sure doesnt look like he weighs close to that. He has a body type that reminds me of Tyson Chandler, who NBA.com lists at 235lbs and I find it very hard to believe from pics and videos i’ve seen of drummond that he weighs 50lbs more than Chandler. I would speculate he weighs inbetween the 230-250 lbs range, because he does not have super defined musclature or very broad shoulders. I guess well find out his true weight at predraft weigh-ins.

GottaFeedTheFam
    Participant

Im wondering how accurate this source is listing him at 285 lbs, because Drummond sure doesnt look like he weighs close to that. He has a body type that reminds me of Tyson Chandler, who NBA.com lists at 235lbs and I find it very hard to believe from pics and videos i’ve seen of drummond that he weighs 50lbs more than Chandler. I would speculate he weighs inbetween the 230-250 lbs range, because he does not have super defined musclature or very broad shoulders. I guess well find out his true weight at predraft weigh-ins.

BigD
    Participant

honestly i think Chandler is more then 235 pounds

BigD
    Participant

honestly i think Chandler is more then 235 pounds

derozan10
    Participant

maybe he has huge bones that weigh him down
    and Chandler does not look 235, hes got to be heavier

derozan10
    Participant

maybe he has huge bones that weigh him down
    and Chandler does not look 235, hes got to be heavier

lalaila
    Participant

actually all last season i was hearing he is 6’11 275 so there is no surprise if he is 285 now..but in the same way i have heard this summer he lost some pounds and is in the rango of 260 270…

as for Dwight he is listed 6’11 265 since his 3rd season when he got bigger and now he is definitely around 280 

lalaila
    Participant

actually all last season i was hearing he is 6’11 275 so there is no surprise if he is 285 now..but in the same way i have heard this summer he lost some pounds and is in the rango of 260 270…

as for Dwight he is listed 6’11 265 since his 3rd season when he got bigger and now he is definitely around 280 

meisi4
    Participant

i don´t think he is at 285. i think he looks like 250 which i think is ideal for a high school player at 6-11. 285 really would be to much i think. i just hope he does not make the same mistake as greg oden! oden wanted to look like shaq and got up to 285 after his first injury and it was to much for him…. 

meisi4
    Participant

i don´t think he is at 285. i think he looks like 250 which i think is ideal for a high school player at 6-11. 285 really would be to much i think. i just hope he does not make the same mistake as greg oden! oden wanted to look like shaq and got up to 285 after his first injury and it was to much for him…. 

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I hope that weight doesnt affect his game..But i heard he added the extra lbs becuz wants to have the athletic skills and the girth that allowed Shaq to Dominate inside…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I hope that weight doesnt affect his game..But i heard he added the extra lbs becuz wants to have the athletic skills and the girth that allowed Shaq to Dominate inside…

Hitster
    Participant

He was listed at 251lbs last year and I’d be interested to compare him to say Sullinger who is around 280lbs and Cousins who weighed 292lbs at the draft camp last year.

Players listed weights will vary and I’d agree that Chandler is probably more than 235lbs now.

Hitster
    Participant

He was listed at 251lbs last year and I’d be interested to compare him to say Sullinger who is around 280lbs and Cousins who weighed 292lbs at the draft camp last year.

Players listed weights will vary and I’d agree that Chandler is probably more than 235lbs now.

fliptonn
    Participant

I saw Drummond last week and i would say his body looks less like chandlers and more like if stoudamire had another growth spirt. this kid looks huge but also looks like he could pack on another 20 lbs comfortably. his arms are super long, his hands are huge, his shoulders are broad, and his waist is where his belly button should be. this kid is still growing! i dont know about 285 but with joints that big i wouldnt be surprised if he grows ANOTHER inch or two and reaches 290 by the time he gets to the league.

fliptonn
    Participant

I saw Drummond last week and i would say his body looks less like chandlers and more like if stoudamire had another growth spirt. this kid looks huge but also looks like he could pack on another 20 lbs comfortably. his arms are super long, his hands are huge, his shoulders are broad, and his waist is where his belly button should be. this kid is still growing! i dont know about 285 but with joints that big i wouldnt be surprised if he grows ANOTHER inch or two and reaches 290 by the time he gets to the league.

Toronto16
    Participant

Most of the listed weight for NBA players is when they first come into the league.  So how much a guy weighs at 19 definitely differs when he is 29.  Cause there is no way Shaq is less than 400 pounds.

Toronto16
    Participant

Most of the listed weight for NBA players is when they first come into the league.  So how much a guy weighs at 19 definitely differs when he is 29.  Cause there is no way Shaq is less than 400 pounds.

JoeWolf1

People have different bone structures which allows them to carry weight differently.  Dwight Howard is 265lbs, but has a slender physique and not a big bone structure.  Drummond looks like a guy with a slightly larger natural bone structure,  but not by a lot.  If he’s 285lbs right now then he’s either bulky or is over 10% body fat.

JoeWolf1

People have different bone structures which allows them to carry weight differently.  Dwight Howard is 265lbs, but has a slender physique and not a big bone structure.  Drummond looks like a guy with a slightly larger natural bone structure,  but not by a lot.  If he’s 285lbs right now then he’s either bulky or is over 10% body fat.

cward23
    Participant

He’s 250 max. He was around 250 at the last tournament he was at last week so i highly doubt he has gained 35 pounds. He is also measured at 6’10

cward23
    Participant

He’s 250 max. He was around 250 at the last tournament he was at last week so i highly doubt he has gained 35 pounds. He is also measured at 6’10

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

they weighed him like a professional wrestler…WWE and WCW would always add on a good 20 pounds or so to make wrestlers seem more intimidating

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

they weighed him like a professional wrestler…WWE and WCW would always add on a good 20 pounds or so to make wrestlers seem more intimidating

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

They’re still using Tyson Chandlers rookie weight of 235. Lebron’s last year in Cleveland a trainer said he weighed in at 274 pounds in training camp. And I think Dwight may be 265 all muscle, since he was 240 pounds when he was a rookie. He’s definitely bigger but he doesn’t look around 280, that’s where Bynum is and for Drummond I’d wait until he goes to a skills camp or a pre draft camp and gets an official weigh in.

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
    Participant

They’re still using Tyson Chandlers rookie weight of 235. Lebron’s last year in Cleveland a trainer said he weighed in at 274 pounds in training camp. And I think Dwight may be 265 all muscle, since he was 240 pounds when he was a rookie. He’s definitely bigger but he doesn’t look around 280, that’s where Bynum is and for Drummond I’d wait until he goes to a skills camp or a pre draft camp and gets an official weigh in.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login