This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar aamir543 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Mr. Basketball
    Participant

Andre Drummond is an absolute beast! If you haven’t seen him yet, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlnK-kQuHA

Not only that, but apparently he’ll be eligible for the 2012 draft!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/21/andre-drummond-to-the-2012-nba-draft/#more-53839

This guy looks unreal.  How good do you think he can be?

MagikKnick
    Participant

Wasnt John Wall elgible to go too but opted not too? 

I’d like to see him enter, he’s already a year behind, plus hes an absolute monster..i think hes ready

MagikKnick
    Participant

Wasnt John Wall elgible to go too but opted not too? 

I’d like to see him enter, he’s already a year behind, plus hes an absolute monster..i think hes ready

WizardofOz
    Participant

He’s a BEAST! He’s an Amar’e/Dwight Howard hybrid!

He’s as strong as Amar’e right now!

He’s stronger than Dwight was coming out of HS. And he’s a better ball-handler and passer. He also has more potential to develop a jumpshot.

But the one thing that Dwight and Amar’e both had on him was assertiveness. Sometimes, Drummond seems to not look like he cares when he’s on the court, and doesn’t play assertive at all. That’s one thing he’s going to have to change if he wants to be the next great big man.

But he runs the floor like deer, is a physical specimen, and he should be able to score from the low and high post effectively in the NBA. I think he’ll be the next big thing. Him and Shabazz are LOCKS for the top 2 whenever they declare.

WizardofOz
    Participant

He’s a BEAST! He’s an Amar’e/Dwight Howard hybrid!

He’s as strong as Amar’e right now!

He’s stronger than Dwight was coming out of HS. And he’s a better ball-handler and passer. He also has more potential to develop a jumpshot.

But the one thing that Dwight and Amar’e both had on him was assertiveness. Sometimes, Drummond seems to not look like he cares when he’s on the court, and doesn’t play assertive at all. That’s one thing he’s going to have to change if he wants to be the next great big man.

But he runs the floor like deer, is a physical specimen, and he should be able to score from the low and high post effectively in the NBA. I think he’ll be the next big thing. Him and Shabazz are LOCKS for the top 2 whenever they declare.

jaysmith1987
    Participant

The stuff he did in that video was pretty impressive. He seems to be very coordinated.  I just hope he doesn’t end up like Javale Mcgee impressive dunker athleticism but not enough offensive production.

jaysmith1987
    Participant

The stuff he did in that video was pretty impressive. He seems to be very coordinated.  I just hope he doesn’t end up like Javale Mcgee impressive dunker athleticism but not enough offensive production.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

looks like hes also skilled equipped

not just athletism galore

good to see that

guy has a bright future i think

Malik-Universal
    Participant

looks like hes also skilled equipped

not just athletism galore

good to see that

guy has a bright future i think

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Hopefully he gets his mind right, I hate his motor.  He has all the tools to be a great player but he relies a lot on his size at times rather than going out there and playing hard.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Hopefully he gets his mind right, I hate his motor.  He has all the tools to be a great player but he relies a lot on his size at times rather than going out there and playing hard.

the I in win
    Participant

I’ve never acutally seen Drummond play but watching that video I didn’t see a lot of explosivness, just a tall guy dunking on short people. His perimeter skills for his size are nice but I only saw one dunk that had some hop to it and it didn’t have much (his fast break wind mill towards the end of the video).

the I in win
    Participant

I’ve never acutally seen Drummond play but watching that video I didn’t see a lot of explosivness, just a tall guy dunking on short people. His perimeter skills for his size are nice but I only saw one dunk that had some hop to it and it didn’t have much (his fast break wind mill towards the end of the video).

WizardofOz
      Participant

"I’ve never acutally seen Drummond play but watching that video I didn’t see a lot of explosivness, just a tall guy dunking on short people. His perimeter skills for his size are nice but I only saw one dunk that had some hop to it and it didn’t have much (his fast break wind mill towards the end of the video)."

Yeah, he doesn’t look as explosive as an Amar’e or Dwight. He’s mainly able to finish because of his height, strength, and impressive length. He’s not the freaks those two are, but he’s still a great athlete nonetheless, and is the best big man prospect to come out since Oden.

WizardofOz
      Participant

"I’ve never acutally seen Drummond play but watching that video I didn’t see a lot of explosivness, just a tall guy dunking on short people. His perimeter skills for his size are nice but I only saw one dunk that had some hop to it and it didn’t have much (his fast break wind mill towards the end of the video)."

Yeah, he doesn’t look as explosive as an Amar’e or Dwight. He’s mainly able to finish because of his height, strength, and impressive length. He’s not the freaks those two are, but he’s still a great athlete nonetheless, and is the best big man prospect to come out since Oden.

paradigmn
    Participant

well…DRUMMOND has been compared to AMARE STOUDAMIRE when he was in highschool, not sure thats a fair comparison or not, but heres Amare in high school…one word somes him up in high school….BEAST!!!!

paradigmn
    Participant

well…DRUMMOND has been compared to AMARE STOUDAMIRE when he was in highschool, not sure thats a fair comparison or not, but heres Amare in high school…one word somes him up in high school….BEAST!!!!

Pro-21
    Participant

Ive seen andre alot….hes not quite as explosive as amare, but bigger than he was at this point….gud comparison

Pro-21
    Participant

Ive seen andre alot….hes not quite as explosive as amare, but bigger than he was at this point….gud comparison

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

He’s more like Greg Oden..And like Oden he seems a little too laid back at times….He needs to learn some post moves..Dwight is a top 5 player,but his lack of post moves is holding him back from being in the same class as some all time great centers..Drummond also needs to stop trying to be like Magic..By that i mean he can get away with bringing the ball up in high school several times a game,but nba coaches wont tolerate that…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

He’s more like Greg Oden..And like Oden he seems a little too laid back at times….He needs to learn some post moves..Dwight is a top 5 player,but his lack of post moves is holding him back from being in the same class as some all time great centers..Drummond also needs to stop trying to be like Magic..By that i mean he can get away with bringing the ball up in high school several times a game,but nba coaches wont tolerate that…

aamir543
    Participant

Wait, John Wall was eligible fort the 09 draft? Wow, that means Memphis or OKC would have given Dallas an even tougher time.

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^ Well, no one really knows. There were reports that since e was a 5th-year senior, that he could forgo college and enter the draft straight out of HS, but he didn’t attempt to do so. He said he promised his father that he would go to college before he passed away when he was a kid.

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^ Well, no one really knows. There were reports that since e was a 5th-year senior, that he could forgo college and enter the draft straight out of HS, but he didn’t attempt to do so. He said he promised his father that he would go to college before he passed away when he was a kid.

aamir543
    Participant

Wait, John Wall was eligible fort the 09 draft? Wow, that means Memphis or OKC would have given Dallas an even tougher time.

scoutguru
    Participant

No, I think John Wall and Andre Drummond’s situations are a little different. John Wall seemed to have re-classified to a class behind his original class, so you can basically think about it as if he got left behind. Therefore he spent 5 years in high school to graduate. Drummond on the other hand seems to have completed all the requisite work to have graduated and is now doing a post-graduate year at his current school which is already a prep school. So thats the difference and I guess in the scenario that its considered Drummond already graduated from high school in ’11 and is doing a post graduate year, he will have been one year removed from high school and eligible for the ’12 draft.

So we’ll see, don’t know much about his situation, but I don’t think he’ll pursue that. Every (or should I say most; see Josh Selby) kid wants to have that chance to go to a big time school and play in big games and go to the tourney. I don’t see him as being any different, as he has a solid list of schools he’s already considering.

scoutguru
    Participant

No, I think John Wall and Andre Drummond’s situations are a little different. John Wall seemed to have re-classified to a class behind his original class, so you can basically think about it as if he got left behind. Therefore he spent 5 years in high school to graduate. Drummond on the other hand seems to have completed all the requisite work to have graduated and is now doing a post-graduate year at his current school which is already a prep school. So thats the difference and I guess in the scenario that its considered Drummond already graduated from high school in ’11 and is doing a post graduate year, he will have been one year removed from high school and eligible for the ’12 draft.

So we’ll see, don’t know much about his situation, but I don’t think he’ll pursue that. Every (or should I say most; see Josh Selby) kid wants to have that chance to go to a big time school and play in big games and go to the tourney. I don’t see him as being any different, as he has a solid list of schools he’s already considering.

Grandmama
    Participant

lmfao, check that video at 3:19…dude in the stands can’t believe what he’s just seen, its like he had just witnessed someone getting shot

Grandmama
    Participant

lmfao, check that video at 3:19…dude in the stands can’t believe what he’s just seen, its like he had just witnessed someone getting shot

aamir543
    Participant

Post grad work in high school? I have never heard of that before.

aamir543
    Participant

Post grad work in high school? I have never heard of that before.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login