All Breakout Team 2010-2011

JRdaFilipino

Players you think will have a break out season!

Heres mine (expected to have break out seasons)

PG- Darren Collison/ DJ Augustin
SG- Eric Gordon/ OJ Mayo
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Andray Blatche/JJ Hickson/ Serge Ibaka
C- Javale McGee/ Andrea Bargnani

Sleepers:

PG- Daniel Gibson
SG- Danny Green
SF- Reggie Williams
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Darko Milicic (expect to catch a lot of heat on this one but the Wolves are just so weak at C they HAVE to play him)

Oh, and everyone on the Cleveland Cavaliers

IknoBall12
good list

1 question tho: is beas playin small forward this year for the twolves? i thought wes was gonna start?

JRdaFilipino
I don't know if Wes Johnson

I don't know if Wes Johnson is going to start straight out the gate, if he did start their front court would probably be Johnson, Beasley and Love at Center. I doubt the Wolves will play Love at center but who knows. But as of now I still believe the Wolves are going to have Beasley at the 3, Love at the 4 and most likely Milicic at the 5. Beasley and Love are definitely starting so once we know what positions they're playing we'll have a better idea of what Johnson's role will be.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
PG- Brandon Jennings/George

PG- Brandon Jennings/George Hill
SG- Terrence Williams
SF- Donte Greene
PF- J.J. Hickson/Anthony Randolph
C- Javale McGee/Andrea Bargnani

PG- Jrue Holiday/Jeff Teague
SG- Demar Derozan/James Harden
SF- Danilo Gallinari
PF- Michael Beasley
C- Marreesse Speights

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I know I'm gonna get

I know I'm gonna get negatives but

What is a "Breakout season"? I mean, some players already had good seasons under there belt ( Mayo, Gordon)

Are you saying they make a step into superstar status?

Malik-Universal
Malik-Universal's picture
i gave u a plus mr knicks

i gave u a plus mr knicks

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Thank you.

Thank you.

the lake show
i agree mr knick. i actually

i agree mr knick. i actually think eric gordans numbers will go down with the addition of blake

and i agree with iggy's list except ill replace donte green with beasley. first because beasley is more talented and will be the number one option and 2. because greene has to compete with garcia and casspi. my guess is one of the three gets traded by midseason

JRdaFilipino
I didn't think the definition

I didn't think the definition of a "break out season" was making a step into superstar status, by no means do I think that any of these players we just named will make a step into "superstar status" (not next season anyways).

Yes, Mayo and Gordon both have had very solid seasons thus far into their NBA careers. But I think we all know they could be doing so much more, hence having a "breakout season".

What I mean by "break out season" is a player making great improvements in their game and them producing at a level they have never played at before. Most guys are that good but they just need that opportunity to do so and get consistent minutes (ex. Darren Collison), while others who have break out seasons put in the work in the off season and come back better than ever (ex. Javale McGee)

Do I think any of the players I named have a chance to turn into superstars? Yes, I do. OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon and I'm sure there are a handful I am missing that I can't think of at the moment. But by a breakout season that is just a "stepping stone" onto bigger and better things.

JRdaFilipino
Stanford Hoops

Please believe that Eric Gordon will get his and his numbers won't go down. Griffin is good but hasn't even played an NBA game yet. So before we make assumptions on how a talented scorers numbers will be deflated because of a rookie, lets just wait and see what happens.

the lake show
but breakout implies that the

but breakout implies that the player is gonna take a very big step. mayi and gordan have already played very well so the next step for them would be allstar status

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I agree. Griffin should be a

I agree. Griffin should be a 15-17 ppg guy off the bat. I think Gordon numbers might drop. He's already the 3rd option in that offense.

the lake show
so that would mean the

so that would mean the clippers will be scoring at least 10more ppg because i think thats the lowest amount of points blake will get which. you also arent factoring in that baron davis is the point guard and if hes healthy he will be looking for his shot more so i just dont see gordans numbers going up or staying the same. on top of the other options they will have. it is actually better if his numbers go down because that mean everyone else on the team is stepping up which means more wins

JRdaFilipino
Example of what I consider to

Example of what I consider to be a "break out season".

Player A averages 2 PPG in his 1 first year
Player A averages 4 PPG in his 2 second year
Player A averages 18 PPG in his third year

Player A, in my definition, has just had a "breakout season" in his third season. Does that make him a superstar? No. So that is my example of a break out season.

Guys like Gordon and Mayo? They both average in the high teens. If next season they can each get 22/5/5 and make an All Star Team (not likely to happen, just an example) they have also just had a "breakout season"

llperez
llperez's picture
yeah, i have to agree with mr

yeah, i have to agree with mr knick on this as well. I mean, you can add just about any young player to a "break out" list if we are just talking about general improvement that we see from young guys. But if you really want to make a narrowed down break out list with only a handful of players in the league, then we should focus on guys making big strides. Mayo and Gordon have already established themesleves as quality gaurds who can get 15-20 a night.

JRdaFilipino
Okay, I see you guys point.

Okay, I see you guys point. But one players "breakout season" differs from player to player. So guys like Mayo and Gordon, okay, so you say they are passed that and the next step for them would be "all star status" and therefore they would have had "breakout season". But what about the little guys? The second round or undrafted players? If they can every average even 10 points a night, that is a breakout season. I guess breakout season is a just a very broad term and every person has their own definitions but if I was ever in the NBA and averaged 0.2 PPG my rookie year and then 2.8 PPG my second year; I, my friends, would have just had a BREAKOUT SEASON lol

the lake show
yeah if the lil guys make a

yeah if the lil guys make a big step thats a breakout...mayo and gordan averaging 5 more points 2 more ast and 2 more rebounds isnt a breakout season

JRdaFilipino
I guess we could say there

I guess we could say there are different levels of break out seasons.

1. Breakout season into a good role player/starter/etc

2. Breakout season into an All Star.

3. Breakout season in a Superstar, etc.

The types of players who typically have these breakout seasons are the winners of NBA Most Improved Player. Have many of them actually turn into super stars? So, breakout is a very broad and loose term and in my opinion it can be anyone from a bench player to an all star.

the lake show
yeah those are guys who

yeah those are guys who didn't do a whole lot the season before. in order for a player of gordans or mayos caliber to have a breakout season means they will step up to the next level and for them thats allstar. breakout season is pretty much easy to define. if winners of MIP is considered breakout then gordan and mayo cant be in that category unless they go from 20ppg scorers to damn near 30ppg. look at all the players who have had breakout season or most improved..have any one them won that by putting up 5 more ppg?

off the bench ok player player into a starter can be break out

good player to all star can be considered break out

but a very good player to a very good player with slightly better stats but not a allstar isnt considered breakout by any definition

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I'm factoring in Davis. He is

I'm factoring in Davis. He is a scoring PG but actually have a good assists season.

the lake show
baron?..so he would have a

baron?..so he would have a rebreakout season since hes put up nice assist numbers in the past

Biggysmalls
why does a breakout season

why does a breakout season have to mean a huge increase in scoring or a statistic?

Theres alot more to basketball then ppg, rpg, apg, etc.

How many ppg did Kevin Durant increase his average by? 5ppg? I cant remember what he scored his 2nd year but it wasnt far off from 30, but I think its a fair assessment to say he had a breakout season...because his game stepped up from being a bunch of points on a bad team, into leading a team to the playoffs.

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
Anthony Randolph should have

Anthony Randolph should have a huge breakout season under D'Antoni. I'm not a big Felton fan but he will get the ball to Randolph and I even see Randolph leading the league in blocks this season.

Steph Curry has already put up impressive stats but now this team is offically his. With David Lee kicking the ball out to him from the post Stephen is going to fill up the basket.

Ramon Sessions will be carrying much of the weight Lebron dropped in Cleveland. His stats should be very solid this season.

Kirk Hinrich wont be "breaking out" but he will lead the wizards in scoring this year.

Tiago Splitter will take the league by storm while playing next to Timmy and Blair.

STEVEDOT2
anthony morrow kevin martian

anthony morrow
kevin martian we know he can ball but going thru a traing camp and not being the first option he should do great
JRU HOLIDAY
rudy gay-he might be ready to become more effient more of a half court player more of a defensive player hes long it should be no reason the grizz are one of the worst defensive teams in the league
iggy
derozan

JRdaFilipino
Knicksfreak.. did you just

Knicksfreak..

did you just say that Kirk Hinrich would lead the Wizards in scoring? Yeah, maybe off the bench buddy.

JRdaFilipino
And great point biggysmalls,

And great point biggysmalls, but then again guys like Kevin Durant don't come around all the time lol

the lake show
because MIP/breakout has

because MIP/breakout has nothing to do with team success and every thing to do with what you do personally/stats...in that second year did durant win MIP or did another player with very good increased stats/bench player that turned into a starter or very good player win it?

McWinning
That year i think Danny

That year i think Danny Granger won it, he did have a 5, or 6 point upgrade that year similiar upgrades to Durant.

RSS: Syndicate content