In 2020(?)...

Wavy Bagels
Wavy Bagels's picture
In 2020(?)...

I'm pretty sure many of you have heard/read about what Sony is working on for 2020. As a nerd for these type of gadgets, I am in awe. What are your thoughts on the "Wrist Computer" and what type of impact you think it will make if/when it debuts? Also, wat are some of your thoughts on technology as a whole? Is it moving too fast?

www.yankodesign.com/2010/05/25/in-2020-we-can-wear-sony-computers-on-our-wrist/

The Scare Crow Rises
The Scare Crow Rises's picture
Too slow IMO...

We shouldn't be driven gas powered cars/trucks/motorcycle's...we should be on super rail systems that run off Green Energy like solar power or electric engines...

I think having a computer on your wrist is a cool idea at 1st but what's the point??? We already have Tablets and smart phones to act as mini Computers(and tracking devices, thank you Google)

I want to see Technology take Man kind to new places, not this " lets make it smaller and more expensive " BS

We need Green transportation for the Billions of people on this planet, I know you guys feel that heat out there, and we're not even in June yet...The carbon run off from all these vehicles in killing the O Zone layer and we are being blasted by the sun's radiation...We can't keep this current model in place or the next generation of Humans will be forced to live under ground and evolve into Insect like creatures that can feed on the flesh of their dead and the rotting of the earth...

In short, screw Wrist Computers that will cost anywhere from 500 to 1000 USD $...I want some way I can get around that will not destroy the world my great grand children will inherit...Or how about we create some new Jobs anyway we can, that's why I want super highways and light cycles, because someone has to build that stuff...

Wavy Bagels
Wavy Bagels's picture
Poster

I like the way you think, man. I do argee today's technology is just display with barbaric price tags and that we should evolve our imaginations elsewhere for a better mankind. By the way, do you watch those TED conventions where a bunch of these scientist pitch inventions and ideas to a room full of businessmen, hoping to get a sponsor financially to further their studies and create their inventions? I believe they have it on Netflix, the last time I seen it. Sounds like something you're into.

akhan786
akhan786's picture
RazorSharpe

I love TED talks. I wish many of the discussion for required material in our classrooms. Very eye opening and could inspire our kids to think outside of the box and to take the initiative to make positive change in our world.

aamir543
Humans are missing hte point,

Humans are missing hte point, we're all so focused on all of these luxaries that we fail to realize that we are destroying Earth. I'm not some hippie that doesn't use cars, or uses solar energy, but we all know that we can't continue to polute the world at the rate we've been doing. We need electric cars, and stop bottled beverages. If we reduce the plastic, and try to cut the pollution and gas as much as possible, maybe we can preserve our planet, but at this rate, somthing like what happened the movie Wallee is gonna happen, and yes I'm serious.

The Scare Crow Rises
The Scare Crow Rises's picture
Wall E was written as a social commentary

people didn't notice it because it was hidden in a Kids movie...

fox2013fox
too long

too long

RSS: Syndicate content