This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant

1.) Michael Porter – I believe he is the only player in this draft that shown to have superstar potential. He has elite measurments and skill set that resembles a young Kevin Durant/Paul George. IMO he would’ve been 1A/1B with Markelle Fultz in last year draft.

2.) Mo Bamba – He have elite tools that resembles Rudy Gobert. I don’t believe he will be an elite offensive talent, but he will have an Anthony Davis like impact on the defensive end at Texas. His defensive talent/potential and his understanding of the game have him as the second best player in next year draft. 

3.) Luka Doncic – Alot of people have him as a potential number one player in this draft, but I don’t see that. I don’t really like his athleticism and ball handling ability for a wing to consider him at number one. But, he does have talent and a great understanding of the game. He can play in the pick and roll, shoot from all levels, and is probably the best passer in the draft.

4.) Trevon Duval – I know he struggled throughout the all star camps and games, but I’m going to stick with him as the best point guard in the draft. He have elite measurables and athleticism. I don’t believe he has been properly coached before and had a stable playing enviroment. Playing at Duke will help him.

5.) Robert Williams – The top returning player in college basketball. I believed he would’ve been a top 12 pick in last years draft, but with more experience and more of a lead role, he should do great things this upcoming season. He got all you want as a power foward prospect.

6.) DeAndre Ayton – I’m kinda low on him than most. It’s not based on talent, but based on how hard he wants it. I watched him a lot and one game he will dominate and the next two games he will coast and not fight for a rebound. He has #1 potential, but he has to show it on a consistent level.

7.) Andrew Jones – This may be a shocker to some, but I believe he is very underrated as a prospect. He flirted last year to enter the NBA draft, but stayed in college for another season. He was getting looks towards the back end of the first round, but I believe he can be a top 10 pick this year. Playing with more talent this year and a true point guard will help him a lot. I see him being the BIG 12 player of the year. He has great size and potential as a combo guard.

8.) Mitchell Robinson – He’s more of project, but he has Marcus Camby like talent and need time to show it. I seen him against the likes of DeAndre Ayton and Wendell Carter in last years Peach Jam and he dominated both. He have elite defensive potential and have some offensive skills.

9.) Jaren Jackson – He was the most impressive player in all the all star camps and games. He have great tools and an elite motor. He won’t have the touches at MSU with Miles Bridges, Josh Langford, and the rest of the 2016 recruiting class still there, but he will show flashes that will make him a top 10 pick.

10.) Bruce Brown – He should have a bigger role in the offense now that all the seniors are gone and the he’s more experience. He shows shades of Victor Oladipo and should have a breakthrough season playing in a pro-style system at Miami. 

11.) Collin Sexton 

12.) Miles Bridges

13.) Lonnie Walker 

14.) Jarred Vanderbilt

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Would be interesting if Bagley reclassify. He’ll be number one IMO, but will overtake by porter when he perform bad in college if porter is good as advertised.

However, I don’t think Fultz and Porter is 1a 1b, to me as of now porter is a 1, and Fultz 2. 

SlickBouncePass
    Participant

looked really good in teh HS AS games.  Like a very good compact athlete, his body works very well and he is very good all around.  My thought after teh HS AS games was, this draft class is weak, and that Sexton is the only player I’d want out of it because I knew he was a gamer.

I am very intrigued by Doncic, but I also really really like Sexton.

The rest have clear weaknesses and nothing that stands out to an elite level.  

Even Porter has great size and looks the part, but he’s just inconsistent.  Ayton may be a Patrick Ewing but again, Ewing was great but as a big man in the big man era he wasn’t near Shaq or Hakeem, and I’d say even Robinson may have been better.  If Ayton is Ewing (a hall of famer), then Bamba may be Dikembe Mutombo.  But really, in the modern NBA, I don’t see either of the two big men as transcendent players.

I don’t think Porter is #1, I don’t think the Celtics would have kept hte pick to grab Porter, I think they would have traded away the pick to Philly who would grab Fultz still, and Porter would be taken 2nd by the Lakers, and the Celtics would take him over Tatum, but only becaus of his size.  I think Ball and Tatum will BE the better NBA players.  

BallerScript
    Participant

I’m really intrigued by Jarred Vanderbilt and Troy Brown. Both are very versatile swiss army knife players.

Espresso
    Participant

I actually compared porter to Paul George long time ago, its seems like the comparison is being thrown around everywhere.

I don’t see how there is a chance to rank any prospect above Porter. Pardon the cliche but Porter is the closest thing to KD I have ever seen. If I’m not mistaken there was people, including some1 who works for this website saying that Jonathan Isaac was closer to KD than Porter, doesnt make any sense to me, AT ALL. I remember telling him back when Porter was skinnier that he had Zach Lavine-type hops, he disagreed. Funny enough in one of his recent videos on youtube he takes 1-2 steps and literally touches the rim with his forehead.

Forehead-at-rim-level on a transition dunk, combined with his length, handles, and spacing of the NBA and he becomes a force.

He started off a bit soft and weak Fr. and So. year, he didnt take it to the cup and thrived as a superior scorer thanks to his shooting ability and athleticism in the open court. Jr. year came around Porter was drop stepping, post fading, off. rebs. and bodying people left and right, he became a different player, way more aggresive, learnt how to use his length and athlticism to finish over defenders.

So many things Porter can do, pull up dribble, jumping off one or two feet, dribble the ball like an actual SF, catch and shoot, his shooting mechanics is one of the best I’ve seen out of any highschool prospect, the elevation he gets for someone that tall is absurd, he looks like jammal crawford shooting.

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
      Heroescantdie
      Participant

is the biggest must improve trait, I don’t think it’s his strong suit as of now.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Ayton will have Greg Oden level impact in college next season.

sweaterflex
    Participant

Ayton may not have the strongest motor, but it’s hard to imagine Bamba being a better college or pro player, Ayton’s skill level is too far advanced.

1. Porter

2. Doncic (Bagley #2 if he reclassifies)

3. Ayton

4. Bamba

5. Mitchell Robinson

6. Jaren Jackson Jr.

7. Miles Bridges

8. Collin Sexton

9. Lonnie Walker

10. Wendell Carter

What really stands out about this class is a supreme lack of shooting, hard to project how alot of guys fit in the NBA. My standout sleeper is Mikal Bridges, perfect 3 and D player at the next level.

Robb_CRobb_C
      Robb_C
      Participant

Bamba still has ways to go with his footwork, Ayton needs to be coached, I think hes more bored with Basketball due to the level of competition opposed to him not having a work ethic.. He would not have committed to Arizona if this was the case.. Sean Miller is demanding in every sense of the word..

Ayton and Porter are ahead of the pack in this class, Hes going to have Arizona in the National conversation..

Im still breaking down prospects in this class but they definitely stand out.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Im very high on Collin Sexton and Mitchell Robinson.

I think Sexton is the best basketball player in this class. He may not be the best when its all said and done or have the potential of guys like Porter, Bamba or Ayton as he doesnt have freakish size or length but the kid can flat out play and is a dog in the gym. His mentality is golden and he reminds me of Westbrook by the way he approaches the game from a confidence standpoint. Skills wise he reminds me of Kemba Walker and I think he could play in the league today.

Mitchell Robinson is underrated. Hes the closest thing to Anthony Davis Ive seen but less offensive skill and alot rawer but also alot tougher. It should be interesting to watch Conference USA basketball this year. They have been a tough conference under the radar and while Western Kentucky has recruited some very good prospects I dont see them just walking through that conference with ease like most people think. They will have to earn it.

Mo Bamba’s upside is unreal. Alot of people compare him to Gobert which is fair due to his freakish length and defensive impact but I feel like he will never gain the size/weight Rudy has but will always be more agile and athletic. Hes also shown signs of developing his offensive game and has been called a genius.

I agree about Deandre Ayton.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login