This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar theballerway 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant

I’m going to do one mock draft throughout the season and start doing it regually after the lottery. It seems pretty pointless to do it all the time because we do not know team needs or the actually order the teams going to be in the lottery. I might do one later this week. I fell like a monthly big board is a better way to go about things in determining who is the best prospect at that point in time. I’m going to do one monthly starting with a preseason poll and will have my first regualar season one in early December. Here going my Big Board…..

1. Markelle Fultz – Got the fell to the game like a young Derrick Rose and Damian Lillard. Can do it all on the court. Keeps getting better by the month.
    2. Josh Jackson – A little older for his class, but his game is outstanding for the modern day NBA and what they want out of their wing posistion. He seems to be a Andrew Wiggins with more dog/competitiveness in his game. Really nice playmaker. Can be Tracey McGradey.
    3. Dennis Smith – Like him a lot, shows what you look for when you look at a modern day point guard. But, does his athletical gifts mask his poor physical profile? Will he be the same after the injury? Does his physical profile hurt his long term potential? From what I saw, he have a great fell in the PnR, can run an offense, and at best in the fast break.
    4. Harry Giles – Had him number 2 if he didn’t get another knee surgery. He what you look for as a modern day big men. He can run the floor, block shots, and play in the PnR. But, he’s not just that and not just what you want as your modern day 5, he can stretch the defense out to the three point line and he can attack big men off the bounce. Also, he can play in the post. Beast.
    5. Lauri Markkanen – Saw more film on him and he looks like a top 5 pick, maybe number one in a weaker draft. He looks very similar to Nikola Jokic when he plays. He’s a big 7 footer that can play out in the perimeter, run the floor, and can play a little in the post.
    6. Frank Ntilikina – The unknown in this class. He’s most likely a top 10 lock at this point and will most likely recieve Dante Exum type of hype all season long. Seen a few clips of him and he have a pretty much all around game. He do not have a broken jumper, but it can get worked on. He’s a fantastic passer and even better pick and roll passer.
    7. Ivan Rabb – The top returning prospecr in the country should put up some monster numbers and be the best player this season. He didn’t get a lot of touches last season and I believe he only shot the ball like 7 times per game. That was a problem. Expect him to explode big time. To be ranked this high in the final big board, he will need to show that he gained a good amout of weight. He looked very skinny next season.
    8. Jonathan Isaac – He probably got the best chance in cracking the top 5 from the players that are ranked outside the top 5. You can see the Brandon Ingram comparison from the size makeup, the improvement in their games throughout their career, and how they have similar games. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went number 2.
    9. Jayson Tatum – I don’t really beleive he top 5 hype with him, but this is a perfect spot for him. He is the best mid range shooter in this class, but you can view that as a bad and a good thing. He takes a ton of horrible shots in the mid range and shoots down bad shots just to take contested mid range shots. He’s more athletic than most give him credit for, and he’s pretty rangy on defense.
    10. Malik Monk – I know everyone is on the De’Aaron Fox and Bam Adebayo hype train. But, I believe he is their best player and prospect. Yes, he takes tons of bad shots and questionable on defense. But, he is probably the best shooter in this freshman class when he takes smarter shots. In Kentucky he won’t have to carry the team, take bad shots, and won’t be forced to be the best player. He will get far better help, spacing, and more floor spacers around to decrease his weaknesses.
    11. Lonzo Ball
    12. Jarrett Allen
    13. De’Aaron Fox
    14. Jaron Blossomgame
    15. Bam Adebayo
    16. OG Anunobe
    17. Tyler Lydon
    18. Edmond Sumner
    19. Omer Yurtseven
    20. Jonathan Jeanne
    21. Thomas Bryant
    22. Terrance Ferguson
    23. Grayson Allen
    24. Jessie Govan
    25. Devante Graham

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Its obvious you  do your homework, I like where you have  Blossomgame he could be a really tough player this year, Keep an Eye on Cam Oliver as well this kid will have a breakout year.. Extremely high on him 

theballerway
    Participant

I just cant put Giles in my top 5 with the continued knee problems. Hed really have to show some major stuff. I beleive he will struglle with the phsyical nature of the college game too….well see top 10 sure but not in my 5 yet he really ahs to earn it back for me.

Spot on with Tatum too,  although Im less convinced about his athletism

theballerway
    Participant

just on tools alone will be in the top 10 or lottery the latest imo. he just has the athletism gms go mad for not to mention the kentucky effect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login