This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 7 years ago.

• Author
    Hacker90
    Participant

With the McDonald’s All American game on tonight, who are some of the players that you’re looking forward to watching?

I’m looking forward to checking out Mohamed Bamba & Brian Bowen II. Both are undecided prospects with UT being in their top 4 schools. I’m really hoping that we are able to land at least one of them with incoming freshman Matt Coleman.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

DePaul might land Bowen, DePaul is apparently trying to open a position for Bowens HC 

Anton123
    Participant

Mohamed Bamba is a very interesting prospect, seems like Nerlens Noel/Larry Sanders but even longer and with more offensive potential. I saw him take an interview from Ayton and O’Bannon and he seems like a smart well-spoken kid. I know that this is a terribly stupid way to judge a person’s smarts, but he just strikes me as very articulate, like Kyrie did in the same setting.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I got the same feeling. He gave some insight in his interviews that his father was a very disciined guy who passed that onto him. In comparison to a guy like Ayton he seems years beyond his age in maturity and preperation for these interviews was right on not to say Ayton is immature but I mean he is just a kid.

During Bambas interviews I got the impression that out of his four schools Duke, Kentucky, Michigan and Texas he will likely committ to Duke if Giles leaves and will committ to Texas if Giles stays. He said the most important things for him were his relationship with his coach and the character of that coach, his role with the team which would be interchangable big man not expected to gaurd apposing Centers and allowed to flourish offensively, and the schools facilities and resources.

Duke-Said his mother absolutely adores Coach K. His visit to Duke was amazing. Seems to fit his demeanor alot. I think this is his team to be honest.

Texas-Actually slipped up during an interview and said “we will be better next year” and then corrected himself and said “if I do end up going there”. Mentioned Allens decision makes no difference on whether he commits there but he likely already knew Allen is declaring.

Michigan-Was asked what thier pitch was and said they spoke about how they turn 2star recruits into NBA players. Mentioned Wagner and Dj Wilson as guys they developed offensively he would like to immitate and said imagine what they would do with me. Loves the school and facilities. Likely wont go there as Wagner and Wilson are likely to return.

Kentucky-Got the feeling that Kentucky is off the list and just up there because at this point. Spoke about how he would like to play alongside Richards but they recruited Vanderbilt a cersatile PF that will play there for Coach Cal for sure. Calipari has a hisstory of not letting his Centers perimeter games flourish with Cousins, Davis, Labissiere, Adebayo all prime examples of this. In Labissieres case Calipari trying to make him an oldscho Center cost him money.

Hacker90
        Participant

I’m really hoping he decides to come to UT, especially after Allen decided to declare for the draft. I saw that Matt Coleman has been talking to him about joining him at UT as well. Fingers crossed!

airenn34
        Participant

I thought Bamba is a UK lean seeing as how Bam is set to leave. He slides right into center with Washington at PF. Vanderbilt is more of a 3. I know Duke is on his final 4 but that would be a messy situation for that squad. Bamba plays the 5, Carter 4 what happens to Bolden, DeLaurier? Gonna be interesting if he does go to Duke as they are still in play for Duval and Knox. I don’t know how Jalek Felton the 25th best player in the class was snubbed from the game. I really wanna see Knox. He would be a game changer for UNC if he goes and adds a different dimension to what they had with Justin Jackson.

OhCanada-
          Participant

Well at UK assuming Gabriel stays they have Gabriel, Vanderbilt and Washington as forwards, Humphries and Richards as Centers. Doesnt really workout.  

Duke will likely have Carter play C. Hes got similar height, length and mobility as Jefferson and Giles with much better strength and balance. A bit less fluid but alot stronger which they needed this year. Either way it would be more matchup based as Carter would be more of a low post guy for Duke and Bamba would be interchangeable on the perimeter, high post and low post. Kinda what hes looking for. 

Either way I hope he goes to Texas. 

BleedingBlue
      Participant

I was told that Mo Bamba scored 31 on the ACT, which would put him at the 96th percentile among all test takers. So sir your gut feeling is right on.

Afactor4
    Participant

Bamba looks very good so far. Great motor.

Chewy
    Participant

1. As a KU fan, I am still really upset that when Billy Preston was announced (our only KU player) the announcer said he is going to Kentucky. You have one job sir. One. And you blew it.

2. Sexton was by far the most exciting player with at least 6 highlight plays. The guy is a sparkplug but showed some signs struggling to finish at the rim.

3. Young and Green both struggled shooting from 3. They seemed fine when their feet were set, but struggled shooting on the move.

4. Duval is a great athlete and played under control (which is saying a lot for an all star game setting). 

5. Bamba kinda worked Ayton defensively (Ayton didn’t get many touches). But Bamba literally never shot outside of "directly under the rim". Not even a 2 foot floater or hook. All point blank layups and dunks. I saw no offense game from him, but his defense is elite.

6. Knox wasn’t hitting his shots, but I still like his game. Could be a 2 or 3 year player, which often ends up being better (for the college) than getting a Porter type for one year. Helps program consistancy.

7. 6 undecided players in the game. That feels like a lot compared to years past.

8. Vanderbilt looks like he has an old man game and I like it.

9.  My favorite part of the game might have been watching Walker do warm up dunks. He is a smooth athlete who just doesn’t come down after he leaps. You think his jump is done and he just keeps climbing. 

OhCanada-
    Participant

This game is so overrated. The practices displayed the players skillsets more accurately. Was like watching a layup/dunk drill. 

Collin Sexton is my favourite player in this draft. Nice to see him get his respect. Believe it or not, not to long ago he wasnt even a top 25 player. Remimds me of Kemba Walker. 

Porter is gonna be a handful. Reminds me of a stretched out Tobias Harris. Hes got some Antwaan Jamison as well with his unorthodox  and unpredictable craftiness. Better hurry up and work on his fundimentals ball handling though, if he doesnt learn to get low while handling the rock he will have some issues. Im sure he will adjust. 

Mitchell Robinson is a top 10 pick. Sooo springy. His second and third jump is unbelievable. Has developed his offensive game as well. Hate to say it but at this level he actually reminds me of Anthont Davis. 

Mo Bamba is unbelievable. Weve never seen anything like this dude. Its like having a 7’5 guy on the court because while having a near 8 foot wingspan he also has amazing fluidity and athletisism. Even know he is skinny he is wirey strong. Has a developed offensive game but doesnt force anything and just kills his opponents making the smart play. I dont see how you could rank anybody higher than him as far as pro potential goes. 

All go as far as to say Mo Bamba is right up there with Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Lebron James etc. level as far as his value to an organization longterm. His immediate impact maybe similar to a guy like Thon Maker this year but looking back in history there has never been a player with the length, skill, coordination and most importantly basketball iq of Mo Bamba. I just pray he goes to a good organization committed to developing talent the right way. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login