This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Cynthia 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Afactor4
    Participant

Just wondering how you guys compare this draft to other drafts from an entertainment standpoint? Few notes on my end:

– Huge trade at the beginning involving a current star (Butler to Minny) set a tone at first. 

– The only "reach" I can think of in the first was DJ Wilson at 17, although given his talent and the buzz about promises, I wouldn’t call this a reach in comparison to other drafts.

– At least for my fellow draft enthusiasts, no "who the hell is that?" moments in the first round (i.e. Bruno or Papagiannis)

– No one left waiting in the green room for too long (i.e. no Lampe or Deyonta Davis). OG Anunoby fell a bit but he was gone at 23. 

Overall, I’d say that after the big trade at the beginning, nothing really got me off my seat during this draft.

Anton123
    Participant

I tried to predict a couple of shocking picks because of how many there were last year, but this draft was mostly exactly like the top draft sites predicted, I think draftexpress precisely pegged like 83% of the first round and only four players that weren’t projected to be drafted by them got into the draft. Considering the number of traded picks it is almost unbelievable how few surprising picks there were.

SubZero
    Participant

I love Bam but I don’t think most people would’ve expected him going that high

vulture711
    Participant

I miss Bill Simmons and hos wisecracks.

Bankroll PJ
    Participant

The draft would be so much more entertaining to watch if ESPN let the Inside the NBA cast run it. Not so say the crew this did a poor job; they actually did very good, and there were no wild comparisons by Jalen Rose this year.  The Inside the NBA cast with Kenny, Shaq, Chuck, and Ernie are just the best basketball cast in the business to me. 

Cynthia
    Participant

I got a ton of picks right or close to right, so from that aspect it was nice, but honestly just like you said; outside of the Butler trade it was pretty boring. I really enjoy those "wtf" picks that come out of nowhere and I felt like there wasn’t really any of those.

Something I did notice was a lot of teams were picking based on need more than BPA, which is almost never the case. I almost always build my mock drafts based more on need than BPA, which is why I usually score pretty low but this time I upped my score big time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login