This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TripleDoubleScout 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Jagu
    Participant

Soon, they will post an entrance with the first comparisons of the 2017 draft. Let’s anticipate a little. What do you think about the next players?

Dennis Smith

Harry Giles

Markelle Fultz

Malik Monk

Jayson Tatum

Jonathan Isaac

Lonzo Ball

SubZero
    Participant

I’ve heard Dennis Smith is a smarter Steve Francis that can run a team, and Lonzo Ball is a slightly taller Jason Kidd. Don’t know how true those are, but from the little I’ve seen they look like good comparisons

SubZero
    Participant

I’ve heard Dennis Smith is a smarter Steve Francis that can run a team, and Lonzo Ball is a slightly taller Jason Kidd. Don’t know how true those are, but from the little I’ve seen they look like good comparisons

Bankroll PJ
    Participant

Though I’m a fan of his, I think Marquelle Fultz has quickly gone from underrated to overrated.  Should be interesting to see how he does at Washington and if he or any of the top guards from this deep freshman class (Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, DeAaron Fox, Frank Jackson, and Kobi Simmons) can separate their self from the pack. 

Isaac is an interesting prospect but his best years are well ahead of him. I can see him struggling a bit in college though he’s very talented.

Bankroll PJ
    Participant

Though I’m a fan of his, I think Marquelle Fultz has quickly gone from underrated to overrated.  Should be interesting to see how he does at Washington and if he or any of the top guards from this deep freshman class (Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, DeAaron Fox, Frank Jackson, and Kobi Simmons) can separate their self from the pack. 

Isaac is an interesting prospect but his best years are well ahead of him. I can see him struggling a bit in college though he’s very talented.

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

I agree with you about Fultz 100%.. He’s not a PG he’s more of a SG who can play the point in stretches. I think teams will realize that as the season starts but I still think he has lottery potential just not top 5

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

I agree with you about Fultz 100%.. He’s not a PG he’s more of a SG who can play the point in stretches. I think teams will realize that as the season starts but I still think he has lottery potential just not top 5

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

Jayson Tatum is a less athletic Demar Derozan. But I would say Tatum is a bit more polished skill wise then Derozan was heading into his freshman year. 

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

Jayson Tatum is a less athletic Demar Derozan. But I would say Tatum is a bit more polished skill wise then Derozan was heading into his freshman year. 

OhCanada-
    Participant

Malik Monk is my favourite player in this class. Elite athleticism with a great perimeter skillset and potentially a good playmaker. Hard player to find. He is also amongst the most competitive players in his class and seems like a guy with great work ethic and morales. Malik plays to beat the other team plain and simple. Hes competitive. He played for his small hometown school all the way to his senior year which is just a great thing that rarely happens.

Problem is he is barely 6’3 with shoes and only 175 pounds. He compensates with a 6’7 wingspan but if he can’t distribute the ball at a high level he could struggle.

My comparisons. Floor Archie Goodwin/Jerryd Bayless mix. Cieling Eric Bledsoe/CJ McCollum mix. 

His best fit would be Philadelphia.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Malik Monk is my favourite player in this class. Elite athleticism with a great perimeter skillset and potentially a good playmaker. Hard player to find. He is also amongst the most competitive players in his class and seems like a guy with great work ethic and morales. Malik plays to beat the other team plain and simple. Hes competitive. He played for his small hometown school all the way to his senior year which is just a great thing that rarely happens.

Problem is he is barely 6’3 with shoes and only 175 pounds. He compensates with a 6’7 wingspan but if he can’t distribute the ball at a high level he could struggle.

My comparisons. Floor Archie Goodwin/Jerryd Bayless mix. Cieling Eric Bledsoe/CJ McCollum mix. 

His best fit would be Philadelphia.

SubZero
      Participant

As a UK fan, watching him and De’Aaron Fox terrorize teams is gonna be great. Haven’t been this excited for a college basketball season since the John Wall year and KAT year

SubZero
      Participant

As a UK fan, watching him and De’Aaron Fox terrorize teams is gonna be great. Haven’t been this excited for a college basketball season since the John Wall year and KAT year

Hype Machine

Kentucky Sports Radio have been saying in Summer Workouts that Isaac Humphries is ‘by far’ the most improved player returning to Kentucky.

I see Calipari starting Bam Adebayo at the 4 and Humphries at the 5. That is a very strong frontcourt that the rest of the SEC would have no answers for.

I see both as lottery picks.

Hype Machine

Kentucky Sports Radio have been saying in Summer Workouts that Isaac Humphries is ‘by far’ the most improved player returning to Kentucky.

I see Calipari starting Bam Adebayo at the 4 and Humphries at the 5. That is a very strong frontcourt that the rest of the SEC would have no answers for.

I see both as lottery picks.

TripleDoubleScout
    Participant

Fultz and Issac are two of my three favorite prospects out of the 2017 draft. Fultz’s ceiling is a RICH man’s Deron Williams, who people forget was an impact player before big injuries and an even bigger ego cost him. And although KD comparisons are these days WAY overused for oversized wings (looking at B. Ingram as the latest) , this time it actually fits with Issac as far as his ceiling. For some reason Tatum’s upside to me reminds of Steve Smith (old school reference!). Smooth, effortless scoring with an underrated all around game. Giles is interesting to me. He is definitely overrated as a prospect (I’ve seen freaking Chris Webber comps which is ridiculous), but will be a productive NBA starter in his prime. I don’t have a good comp for him honestly.

TripleDoubleScout
    Participant

Fultz and Issac are two of my three favorite prospects out of the 2017 draft. Fultz’s ceiling is a RICH man’s Deron Williams, who people forget was an impact player before big injuries and an even bigger ego cost him. And although KD comparisons are these days WAY overused for oversized wings (looking at B. Ingram as the latest) , this time it actually fits with Issac as far as his ceiling. For some reason Tatum’s upside to me reminds of Steve Smith (old school reference!). Smooth, effortless scoring with an underrated all around game. Giles is interesting to me. He is definitely overrated as a prospect (I’ve seen freaking Chris Webber comps which is ridiculous), but will be a productive NBA starter in his prime. I don’t have a good comp for him honestly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login