This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar trelos6 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    JM40
    Participant

It seems like every year someone not expected to be drafted in the first round (or drafted at all for that matter) finds his way into the late first round, while a once considered surefire High School stud that was considered a top 10 pick declares early and goes undrafted.  Let’s look at the last 5 years;

2015          Larry Nance Jr/Cliff Alexander

2014          Josh Huestis/James Michael McAdoo

2013          Solomon Hill/C.J. Leslie

2012          Festus Ezeli/Renardo Sidney

2011          Jimmy Butler/Scotty Hopson

What is even more interesting is that surprise first rounder often winds up having a very productive NBA career, while the High School stud fades off into obscurity. 

Any thoughts on who these picks might be for 2016?

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Well based on the past five years of surprising 1st round picks, it tends to be a senior. FYI, I would definitely consider Miles Plumlee the surprise first round pick of 2012 as opposed to Ezeli. Some weren’t even sure if he’d be drafted, let alone a 1st rounder. I could see it being someone like Georges Niang or Ricardo Gathers in 2016. Niang could profit off of the Draymond Green hype, and Gathers is an excellent rebounder (which every team could use more of).

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Well based on the past five years of surprising 1st round picks, it tends to be a senior. FYI, I would definitely consider Miles Plumlee the surprise first round pick of 2012 as opposed to Ezeli. Some weren’t even sure if he’d be drafted, let alone a 1st rounder. I could see it being someone like Georges Niang or Ricardo Gathers in 2016. Niang could profit off of the Draymond Green hype, and Gathers is an excellent rebounder (which every team could use more of).

trelos6
    Participant

Guerschon Yabusele is my bust. Slated to go in the first round on this site. 

trelos6
    Participant

Guerschon Yabusele is my bust. Slated to go in the first round on this site. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login