This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TimberTroll 9 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    negguary
    Participant

Is landing a top three pick in the 2016 draft considering Thon Maker reclassifies the final year that the sixers would need to shoot for the lottery? I’m asking this because I’ve heard great things about this draft but honestly don’t know too much about the top guys except clips on youtube. Furthermore, it seems like the top three guys are small forwards which would be exactly what the sixers would need a that point being they have their center pointguard(MCW or Mudiay) potentially powerforward(Saric/Noel) for the future. Would landing Simmons Maker or Brown set this team up to be the youngest and potentially the most talented team to come after years of developing?

Just asking for thoughts…

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

WAYYYYYY too far away, these mock drafts will change drastically in coming years. Just remember at one point Deandre Jordan, Hassan Whiteside, and Austin Daye were all once considered #1 picks on this site. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

WAYYYYYY too far away, these mock drafts will change drastically in coming years. Just remember at one point Deandre Jordan, Hassan Whiteside, and Austin Daye were all once considered #1 picks on this site. 

Rip255

Yeah…don’t raise the topic of an NBA draft (being held 18 months from now) or Dr Sensible will shoot you down. Especially on an NBA draft website. 

I’ve seen them all, and I like Ben Simmons the most. 

But he could be the next Hassan Whiteside…so forget I ever mentioned it. 

Rip255

Yeah…don’t raise the topic of an NBA draft (being held 18 months from now) or Dr Sensible will shoot you down. Especially on an NBA draft website. 

I’ve seen them all, and I like Ben Simmons the most. 

But he could be the next Hassan Whiteside…so forget I ever mentioned it. 

Rip255

I swear the users who have as much personality as a bag of flour are ruining this website. Id honestly rather listen to Euroballer talk up greek amidst accusations of racism then listen to another square tell me not to raise an NBA prospect related issue because it’s "too early".

Rip255

I swear the users who have as much personality as a bag of flour are ruining this website. Id honestly rather listen to Euroballer talk up greek amidst accusations of racism then listen to another square tell me not to raise an NBA prospect related issue because it’s "too early".

phila9012
          Participant

I am fine you brought it up, my only issue is bringing in teams. A lot can change in 2 years especially for the sixers. Their roster is filled with young guys and guys on short contracts, which means a lot of roster fluctuation over the next 2 years. I don’t have any issue if you keep it player focused, that is what most teams do. Also hopefully the sixers won’t tank for 4 years. They will probably be in the lottery in 4 years but they should be picking between 10 and 14.

phila9012
          Participant

I am fine you brought it up, my only issue is bringing in teams. A lot can change in 2 years especially for the sixers. Their roster is filled with young guys and guys on short contracts, which means a lot of roster fluctuation over the next 2 years. I don’t have any issue if you keep it player focused, that is what most teams do. Also hopefully the sixers won’t tank for 4 years. They will probably be in the lottery in 4 years but they should be picking between 10 and 14.

Mopgrass
    Participant

If the 76ers did get actually Thon Maker, and he could actually play SF, he with Embiid at PF and Noel at C makes some insane shot blocking.

Mopgrass
    Participant

If the 76ers did get actually Thon Maker, and he could actually play SF, he with Embiid at PF and Noel at C makes some insane shot blocking.

TheLastWord
      Participant

Why stop there?? Thon maker could be a PG!!!

TheLastWord
      Participant

Why stop there?? Thon maker could be a PG!!!

properbreaks
    Participant

I’m cracking up laughing and have to TOTALLY agree with RIP. If you aren’t going to contemplate the future; then what is a NBA drafting site for???? It makes no sense to me at all for people to say making a prediction of someone two years down the line is TOO EARLY. THATS THE WHOLE POINT of this site! No one said that you have to be right all the time, but you are put in the shoes of an NBA team that’s drafting. ANy respectable scout looks at more than 1 year of tape. That’s just the basics.

properbreaks
    Participant

I’m cracking up laughing and have to TOTALLY agree with RIP. If you aren’t going to contemplate the future; then what is a NBA drafting site for???? It makes no sense to me at all for people to say making a prediction of someone two years down the line is TOO EARLY. THATS THE WHOLE POINT of this site! No one said that you have to be right all the time, but you are put in the shoes of an NBA team that’s drafting. ANy respectable scout looks at more than 1 year of tape. That’s just the basics.

Hitster
    Participant

Way to early to consider what a team might do in 2016 but some very valid points. Talking about the Sixers, they would have MCW, Embiid, Noel, 2015 draft pick and possibly Saric in place so any pick then would be more about filling needs on the team.

Next year I think they may be more BPA, who they pick in 2016 would depend a fair bit on who they take next year too. We don’t know who for certain will declare in 2016, so guys may declare this year, 2015-16 freshmen may stay another year etc.

But looking at 2016 mock draft on this site Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown would look the best long term Philly fits.

Hitster
    Participant

Way to early to consider what a team might do in 2016 but some very valid points. Talking about the Sixers, they would have MCW, Embiid, Noel, 2015 draft pick and possibly Saric in place so any pick then would be more about filling needs on the team.

Next year I think they may be more BPA, who they pick in 2016 would depend a fair bit on who they take next year too. We don’t know who for certain will declare in 2016, so guys may declare this year, 2015-16 freshmen may stay another year etc.

But looking at 2016 mock draft on this site Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown would look the best long term Philly fits.

TimberTroll
    Participant

Rodney Williams was once upon a time the projected 1st overall pick on this site.  It looks like he’ll be playing for Eisbaren Bremerhaven this year. Not hating on this site at all.

TimberTroll
    Participant

Rodney Williams was once upon a time the projected 1st overall pick on this site.  It looks like he’ll be playing for Eisbaren Bremerhaven this year. Not hating on this site at all.

Rip255

Such a cynical comment. The following were all High School Phenoms who justificably got high-school hype.

Lebron

Magic

Kareem

Kevin Garnett

Wilt Chamberlain

Carmello

etc etc

But using your logic….they could have been Rodney Williams so DO NOT comment on them as they might bust. Meanwhile, enjoy being the last one to the party when next future superstar comes along. You can say "i’ve been following him since high school"…actually no you can’t. 

In fact I have a cant-miss idea for you. Become a scout that bases your advice on the last 2 months of a college season. Just make sure the GM’s dont hurt themselves in a mad rush to your office to sign you up. 

Rip255

Such a cynical comment. The following were all High School Phenoms who justificably got high-school hype.

Lebron

Magic

Kareem

Kevin Garnett

Wilt Chamberlain

Carmello

etc etc

But using your logic….they could have been Rodney Williams so DO NOT comment on them as they might bust. Meanwhile, enjoy being the last one to the party when next future superstar comes along. You can say "i’ve been following him since high school"…actually no you can’t. 

In fact I have a cant-miss idea for you. Become a scout that bases your advice on the last 2 months of a college season. Just make sure the GM’s dont hurt themselves in a mad rush to your office to sign you up. 

TimberTroll
        Participant

What’s your deal? Take your anger out somewhere else because you’re embarrassing yourself. 

TimberTroll
        Participant

What’s your deal? Take your anger out somewhere else because you’re embarrassing yourself. 

Rip255

Is anyone watching ESPN 2. 

And ya’ll gonna keep telling me Simmons ain’t the next big thing. 

Rip255

Is anyone watching ESPN 2. 

And ya’ll gonna keep telling me Simmons ain’t the next big thing. 

Memphisboy14
    Participant

Normally I don’t like to hype up high school players because alot can change once they hit college (Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones). But I’m not gonna lie that kid Ben Simmons is looking like the real deal. I don’t know if I like the T-Mac comparison I think Lamar Odom is a better comparison personally.

Memphisboy14
    Participant

Normally I don’t like to hype up high school players because alot can change once they hit college (Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones). But I’m not gonna lie that kid Ben Simmons is looking like the real deal. I don’t know if I like the T-Mac comparison I think Lamar Odom is a better comparison personally.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login