This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sitlbito 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    AdamJCalleja
    Participant

MCW, Giannis, Middleton, Jabari & Monroe…

The versatility is ridiculous, not a contender but a fun team to watch, where my Bucks fans at? 

trelos6
    Participant

Let’s go Milwaukee!

MCW, Vasquez, Bayless, Ennis

Middleton, Mayo, Vaughn

Giannis, Copeland

Jabari, Henson

Monroe, Plumlee

For a really defensive lineup: MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Henson, Plumlee

For a offensive lineup: take out Henson/Plumlee and bring in Jabari and Monroe.

For a small ball lineup: MCW, Mayo, Middleton, Jabari, Giannis

Jabari in his second season should be able to hit around 15ppg

Giannis has played well for Greece in the Eurobasket, and may also hit 15ppg along with 8rpg and 3 apg.

Middleton provides a solid 14ppg, and Monroe a 16/10.

This team has guys who can score, and plenty of guys who are really good defenders.  I like where they are going!

XYRYX
      Participant

This team is on my list to watch along with the Magic and T-Wolves for sure!

I think they already extremely well balanced and really young! Monroe should fit in perfectly and Fall me crazy Chris Middleton might be their best scorer. I see him, Monroe and Jabari all scoring around 16 to 18 ppg and to be honest I don’t see why he couldn’t get something around 19 ppg if he continues to improve his game! 

T Rex

How can a team be extremely well balanced with only one good 3 point shooter in the starting lineup?

How can a team be extremely well balanced with an absolutely terrible defensive frontcourt in Parker/Monroe?

Those two don’t even compliment each other offensively, and a non-shooting pg like MCW just makes it worse.

It’s hard to think of a team that is less well balanced than the Bucks. Lakers and a couple others I suppose.

Giannis, Parker, Monroe, and MCW all strongly prefer to score around the basket, for good reason. That’s not balance, no matter what their individual NBA2K ratings or fantasy basketball points they put up.

T Rex

How can a team be extremely well balanced with only one good 3 point shooter in the starting lineup?

How can a team be extremely well balanced with an absolutely terrible defensive frontcourt in Parker/Monroe?

Those two don’t even compliment each other offensively, and a non-shooting pg like MCW just makes it worse.

It’s hard to think of a team that is less well balanced than the Bucks. Lakers and a couple others I suppose.

Giannis, Parker, Monroe, and MCW all strongly prefer to score around the basket, for good reason. That’s not balance, no matter what their individual NBA2K ratings or fantasy basketball points they put up.

XYRYX
      Participant

This team is on my list to watch along with the Magic and T-Wolves for sure!

I think they already extremely well balanced and really young! Monroe should fit in perfectly and Fall me crazy Chris Middleton might be their best scorer. I see him, Monroe and Jabari all scoring around 16 to 18 ppg and to be honest I don’t see why he couldn’t get something around 19 ppg if he continues to improve his game! 

ZachAttack
      Participant

Good post treslos. But I don’t think that MCW would be the point guard in a small ball lineup. I mean he’s only 5" smaller than the center.

ZachAttack
      Participant

Good post treslos. But I don’t think that MCW would be the point guard in a small ball lineup. I mean he’s only 5" smaller than the center.

trelos6
    Participant

Let’s go Milwaukee!

MCW, Vasquez, Bayless, Ennis

Middleton, Mayo, Vaughn

Giannis, Copeland

Jabari, Henson

Monroe, Plumlee

For a really defensive lineup: MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Henson, Plumlee

For a offensive lineup: take out Henson/Plumlee and bring in Jabari and Monroe.

For a small ball lineup: MCW, Mayo, Middleton, Jabari, Giannis

Jabari in his second season should be able to hit around 15ppg

Giannis has played well for Greece in the Eurobasket, and may also hit 15ppg along with 8rpg and 3 apg.

Middleton provides a solid 14ppg, and Monroe a 16/10.

This team has guys who can score, and plenty of guys who are really good defenders.  I like where they are going!

T Rex

Who needs 3 pointers when you can take contested 2s?

That team will be dared to shoot 3s all day long, and that will break them.

Only Middleton is a Good jump shooter. Defenses will clog the lane and that will be that, just like with the Pistons.

BleedGreen808
      Participant

I bet if their roster was our Celtics roster you’d be hyping them up big time.  Shooting isn’t their best asset but the team has a ton of talent and versatility.  

T Rex

I’ve had more than my share of Rondo ball.

Rashad Vaughn being able to defend point guards is their only hope.

T Rex

I’ve had more than my share of Rondo ball.

Rashad Vaughn being able to defend point guards is their only hope.

BleedGreen808
      Participant

I bet if their roster was our Celtics roster you’d be hyping them up big time.  Shooting isn’t their best asset but the team has a ton of talent and versatility.  

OhCanada-
      Participant

Apparently Giannis has improved his shooting and the team and staff will be more confident in his shot going forward. Also adding Vasquez, and Copeland helps them a bit when you add in Bayless and Mayo yet I would agree.

Until they can prove it can work they will be dared to shoot. They will likely be a top 5 offensive rebounding team in the league though because they have tons of length and active players in the lineup. Tons of upside though because Gianni’s and Parker have both proven they can shoot and have the abillity. If they become knockdown shooters this team becomes dangerous to even Cleveland.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Apparently Giannis has improved his shooting and the team and staff will be more confident in his shot going forward. Also adding Vasquez, and Copeland helps them a bit when you add in Bayless and Mayo yet I would agree.

Until they can prove it can work they will be dared to shoot. They will likely be a top 5 offensive rebounding team in the league though because they have tons of length and active players in the lineup. Tons of upside though because Gianni’s and Parker have both proven they can shoot and have the abillity. If they become knockdown shooters this team becomes dangerous to even Cleveland.

sitlbito
        Participant

"Apparently Giannis has improved his shooting " 10/26 at the Eurobasket in 8 games. That’s fairly consistent on 3 attempts per game,although he started really slow and finished hot,if I recall correctly with games where he was 2/4,2/3 and then 2/5. If he can do that with the NBA 3 pt line,oh boy.

sitlbito
        Participant

"Apparently Giannis has improved his shooting " 10/26 at the Eurobasket in 8 games. That’s fairly consistent on 3 attempts per game,although he started really slow and finished hot,if I recall correctly with games where he was 2/4,2/3 and then 2/5. If he can do that with the NBA 3 pt line,oh boy.

T Rex

Who needs 3 pointers when you can take contested 2s?

That team will be dared to shoot 3s all day long, and that will break them.

Only Middleton is a Good jump shooter. Defenses will clog the lane and that will be that, just like with the Pistons.

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

After only One winning season in the past Dozen years, it’s really great to see this organization build a good team for their long suffering fans… I liked the Bucks more more w/ Brandon Knight but it’s not a deal breaker… I thought Knight was a better on ball defender but now that you have Monroe at Center you have flexibility…. Think back to the playoffs when Derrick Rose was going by MCW & fearlessly attacking the Rim – he may still do that but Monroe will be waiting for him now… & I believe MCW is a big part of the reason Monroe signed… I know that Lakers lottery pick potentially has more value but there’s no way that a free egnet like Monroe goes there w/o a tanglible player already on board

The Greek Freak made a massive leap in his second year & I am very excited to see what he does in year 3… & I am Very excited to see a healthy Jabari Parker – I Luv his scoring potential, talking heads have really fallen in luv w/ picking apart one or two areas of weakness for stud prospects – we saw it this past June w/ Jahlil Okafor – Parker has a chance to be a the Star of the team, he’s a beast, a consistent 20 ppg year in, year out player…. 

And the Monroe signing was huge – he’s a 15 ppg & 12 rpg & he blocks shots, he is a very good, young center & that size gives a team So much flexibility at Both ends of the court – we have forgotten what a capable 7 footer does for a team…

Milwaukee has a really exciting team & a bright future… 

Bornaskul
      Participant

Monroe blocks shots? I think he never averaged more than one block per game 

T Rex

Next you’re going to tell us that MCW can’t shoot 3s.

OhCanada-
          Participant

I had Monroe on my fantasy team last year. For half the season he had something like 0.3 bpg and then for like a 20-25 game stretch at the end of the year before his injury he started blocking shots at a higher rate for like 1.5 bpg or something. It comes and goes yet I wouldn’t expect that from him next year with all the capable help defence Milwaukee has.

OhCanada-
          Participant

I had Monroe on my fantasy team last year. For half the season he had something like 0.3 bpg and then for like a 20-25 game stretch at the end of the year before his injury he started blocking shots at a higher rate for like 1.5 bpg or something. It comes and goes yet I wouldn’t expect that from him next year with all the capable help defence Milwaukee has.

T Rex

Next you’re going to tell us that MCW can’t shoot 3s.

Bornaskul
      Participant

Monroe blocks shots? I think he never averaged more than one block per game 

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

After only One winning season in the past Dozen years, it’s really great to see this organization build a good team for their long suffering fans… I liked the Bucks more more w/ Brandon Knight but it’s not a deal breaker… I thought Knight was a better on ball defender but now that you have Monroe at Center you have flexibility…. Think back to the playoffs when Derrick Rose was going by MCW & fearlessly attacking the Rim – he may still do that but Monroe will be waiting for him now… & I believe MCW is a big part of the reason Monroe signed… I know that Lakers lottery pick potentially has more value but there’s no way that a free egnet like Monroe goes there w/o a tanglible player already on board

The Greek Freak made a massive leap in his second year & I am very excited to see what he does in year 3… & I am Very excited to see a healthy Jabari Parker – I Luv his scoring potential, talking heads have really fallen in luv w/ picking apart one or two areas of weakness for stud prospects – we saw it this past June w/ Jahlil Okafor – Parker has a chance to be a the Star of the team, he’s a beast, a consistent 20 ppg year in, year out player…. 

And the Monroe signing was huge – he’s a 15 ppg & 12 rpg & he blocks shots, he is a very good, young center & that size gives a team So much flexibility at Both ends of the court – we have forgotten what a capable 7 footer does for a team…

Milwaukee has a really exciting team & a bright future… 

GStatesince88
    Participant

The Bucks made a mistake trading away Brandon Knight. He was able to play the point guard position, but not in the traditional ball dominant distributor role. He was the main scorer, and the main distributor, because he had to be. He was a more efficient scorer than MCW, and less turnover prone. If you insert him instead of MCW now, the offense would be more balanced and efficient in large part due to his ability to spread the floor. 

There was another thread in the post pointing out the lack of outside shooting, and that will eventually be the teams downfall. The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Raptors, Wizards, and Hawks (all better teams in my eyes), could seed the Bucks at 7. However, with other improved teams like the Bobcats, Magic, Pistons, and-not-to-be-slept-on Pacers, the East seeding is totally up in the air and will come right down to it. 

Bucks have an interesting mix of young talent, will undoubtedly entertain, but need a true leader. Not sure who that could be in the next few years other than Monroe, or… Middleton? (the next best current player) Not an imminent threat in the East. 

machu46
      Participant

I’m pretty confident that MCW will turn it over less this year than Knight did for the Bucks last year.  Most of MCW’s turnovers with Milwaukee were a product of guys like Zaza not being able to catch passes/not being used to playing with new guys yet, as evidenced by the fact that he turned it over less than 3 times a game the last month of the regular season and kept it going against the Bulls in the playoffs as well.  Knight simply lacks in ball-control and while his speed and quickness can be a great asset, he also tries to move too fast sometimes and simply can’t handle the ball as fast as his body moves.

No doubt that Knight is a better scorer and shooter, but he’s much worse in every other area of the game.  As a Bucks fan, I was alright with the idea of re-signing Knight and moving forwards with him, because I think he can be a functional starting PG on a good team if you have the right players around him, but I think MCW will prove to be a good asset as well, just in a completely different way.

Regarding the rest of the team, I think they’ll drop off a bit this year as they adapt to having Monroe and Jabari’s return.  I think they’ll make the playoffs again as a 6-8 seed and they’re a year or two away from starting to make serious noise in the East.

If Jabari can stay healthy, he and Giannis should form a great duo, and Middleton, Monroe, MCW, Henson, etc. should all prove to be very nice complementary pieces IMO.

machu46
      Participant

I’m pretty confident that MCW will turn it over less this year than Knight did for the Bucks last year.  Most of MCW’s turnovers with Milwaukee were a product of guys like Zaza not being able to catch passes/not being used to playing with new guys yet, as evidenced by the fact that he turned it over less than 3 times a game the last month of the regular season and kept it going against the Bulls in the playoffs as well.  Knight simply lacks in ball-control and while his speed and quickness can be a great asset, he also tries to move too fast sometimes and simply can’t handle the ball as fast as his body moves.

No doubt that Knight is a better scorer and shooter, but he’s much worse in every other area of the game.  As a Bucks fan, I was alright with the idea of re-signing Knight and moving forwards with him, because I think he can be a functional starting PG on a good team if you have the right players around him, but I think MCW will prove to be a good asset as well, just in a completely different way.

Regarding the rest of the team, I think they’ll drop off a bit this year as they adapt to having Monroe and Jabari’s return.  I think they’ll make the playoffs again as a 6-8 seed and they’re a year or two away from starting to make serious noise in the East.

If Jabari can stay healthy, he and Giannis should form a great duo, and Middleton, Monroe, MCW, Henson, etc. should all prove to be very nice complementary pieces IMO.

GStatesince88
    Participant

The Bucks made a mistake trading away Brandon Knight. He was able to play the point guard position, but not in the traditional ball dominant distributor role. He was the main scorer, and the main distributor, because he had to be. He was a more efficient scorer than MCW, and less turnover prone. If you insert him instead of MCW now, the offense would be more balanced and efficient in large part due to his ability to spread the floor. 

There was another thread in the post pointing out the lack of outside shooting, and that will eventually be the teams downfall. The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Raptors, Wizards, and Hawks (all better teams in my eyes), could seed the Bucks at 7. However, with other improved teams like the Bobcats, Magic, Pistons, and-not-to-be-slept-on Pacers, the East seeding is totally up in the air and will come right down to it. 

Bucks have an interesting mix of young talent, will undoubtedly entertain, but need a true leader. Not sure who that could be in the next few years other than Monroe, or… Middleton? (the next best current player) Not an imminent threat in the East. 

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

If they are going to be committed to playing jabari exclusively at the 4 then I’m kind of interested to see how a jabari-monroe frontline will do defensively. Neither is really known for their defense and Monroe isn’t really much of a rim protector. They may have to stagger mins with henson more, even if it makes them less versatile offensively. I’ll be interested to see how Kidd handles this situation and it will go a long way toward establishing an identity for this team.

Participant

If they are going to be committed to playing jabari exclusively at the 4 then I’m kind of interested to see how a jabari-monroe frontline will do defensively. Neither is really known for their defense and Monroe isn’t really much of a rim protector. They may have to stagger mins with henson more, even if it makes them less versatile offensively. I’ll be interested to see how Kidd handles this situation and it will go a long way toward establishing an identity for this team.

properbreaks
    Participant

They have great balance to me. It’s almost like people forget who Jabara Parker is…. He’s like Melo; a great outside shooter who gets most of his points off of jump shots. And he’s a 20 plus a game or more, potential scorer. If you have him and you have Middleton, how much more outside shooting do you need?

They decided to go with Carter Williams instead of Knight. I personally like Carter Williams’s game. He has great vision and is always looking to set teammates up. He does know how to feed the post and how to get the ball to playas in positions to score. When you have talent, you need someone who’s good at making them look good.

Participant

I wouldn’t say Parker is a great outside shooter, at least not yet. He only shot 4-16 on three’s last season in 25 games. He shoots kind of a flat line drive shot. I think he will develop that aspect of his game eventually, but for right now he hasn’t proven it at the NBA level yet. He was much more effective from 15 feet in the games he played last season.

T Rex

And because Parker is carrying so much weight, I don’t think he’s going to have the conditioning to really improve a whole lot as a 3 point shooter. Maybe if he severely limits his attempts he can get his % up, but teams are going to be daring Parker, Giannis, and MCW to shoot 3s all game every game.

T Rex

And because Parker is carrying so much weight, I don’t think he’s going to have the conditioning to really improve a whole lot as a 3 point shooter. Maybe if he severely limits his attempts he can get his % up, but teams are going to be daring Parker, Giannis, and MCW to shoot 3s all game every game.

Participant

I wouldn’t say Parker is a great outside shooter, at least not yet. He only shot 4-16 on three’s last season in 25 games. He shoots kind of a flat line drive shot. I think he will develop that aspect of his game eventually, but for right now he hasn’t proven it at the NBA level yet. He was much more effective from 15 feet in the games he played last season.

properbreaks
    Participant

They have great balance to me. It’s almost like people forget who Jabara Parker is…. He’s like Melo; a great outside shooter who gets most of his points off of jump shots. And he’s a 20 plus a game or more, potential scorer. If you have him and you have Middleton, how much more outside shooting do you need?

They decided to go with Carter Williams instead of Knight. I personally like Carter Williams’s game. He has great vision and is always looking to set teammates up. He does know how to feed the post and how to get the ball to playas in positions to score. When you have talent, you need someone who’s good at making them look good.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

My EC contenders right now are Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, and maybe the Hawks still.  Other than Cleveland, I like the Bucks’ youth, length, and versatility to give those other teams at least a run.  

It depends on how much of a jump MCW, Giannis, and Jabari make.  We also need to know if Greg Monroe is a legit all star type talent or was he just a guy putting up stats on a bad team… 

They will be fun to watch.  I can see them being a matchup nightmare for a lot of the good teams.  

It also looks like it would be a fun team to coach if you are an evil genius coach.  Lots of options, looks, and weapons here.  Hopefully Jason Kidd is an evil genius.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

My EC contenders right now are Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, and maybe the Hawks still.  Other than Cleveland, I like the Bucks’ youth, length, and versatility to give those other teams at least a run.  

It depends on how much of a jump MCW, Giannis, and Jabari make.  We also need to know if Greg Monroe is a legit all star type talent or was he just a guy putting up stats on a bad team… 

They will be fun to watch.  I can see them being a matchup nightmare for a lot of the good teams.  

It also looks like it would be a fun team to coach if you are an evil genius coach.  Lots of options, looks, and weapons here.  Hopefully Jason Kidd is an evil genius.

Trilla
    Participant

I think hes might suprise some people this year with his jump shot. Coming out of HS, he was a combo guard who was scouted as being a very good shooter.People forget after his rookie season, he had shoulder surgery which caused him to miss all of summer and most of training camp, an opportunity to work on his mechanics. By no means am I saying this year he will be a knock down shooter, but I think with a full summer behind him, we may see some imporvement

machu46
      Participant

I agree.  I don’t think he’ll ever be a good shooter and he’ll probably never be an average shooter either, but I think he can get close enough that it will open up a lot more of his game.

machu46
      Participant

I agree.  I don’t think he’ll ever be a good shooter and he’ll probably never be an average shooter either, but I think he can get close enough that it will open up a lot more of his game.

Trilla
    Participant

I think hes might suprise some people this year with his jump shot. Coming out of HS, he was a combo guard who was scouted as being a very good shooter.People forget after his rookie season, he had shoulder surgery which caused him to miss all of summer and most of training camp, an opportunity to work on his mechanics. By no means am I saying this year he will be a knock down shooter, but I think with a full summer behind him, we may see some imporvement

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login