This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar MattP31 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    JM40
    Participant

1. Jahlil Okafor-C-Duke
    2. Emmanuel Mudiay-PG-SMU
    3. Stanley Johnson-SF-Arizona
    4. Karl Towns-C-Kentucky
    5. Cliff Alexander-PF-Kansas
    6. Kristaps Porzingis-PF/C-Latvia
    7. Kelly Oubre-SF-UConn
    8. Myles Turner-C-Texas
    9. Marcus Lee-PF-Kentucky
    10. Wayne Selden-SG-Kansas
    11. Andrew Harrison-PG-Kentucky
    12. Montrezl Harrell-PF-Louisville
    13. Mario Hezonja-SG-Croatia
    14. Willie Cauley-Stein-C-Kentucky
    15. Tyus Jones-PG-Duke
    16. Jabari Bird-SG/SF-California
    17. Kevon Looney-PF-UCLA
    18. Marcus Foster-PG-Kansas State
    19. Frank Kaminsky-C-Wisconsin
    20. Shawn Long-PF-LA Lafayette
    21. Delon Wright-PG-Utah
    22. Terran Petteway-SG-Nebraska
    23. Bobby Portis-C-Arkansas
    24. Ilimane Diop-C-Senegal
    25. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson-SF-Arizona
    26. Aaron Harrison-SG-Kentucky
    27. Caris Levert-SG-Michigan
    28. Alex Poythress-SF-Kentucky
    29. Kaleb Tarczewski-C-Arizona
    30. Chris Walker-PF-Florida

mixtape2003
    Participant

I like Marcus Foster in this draft, reminds me of Marcus Smart a lil

mixtape2003
    Participant

I like Marcus Foster in this draft, reminds me of Marcus Smart a lil

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I Love next year’s crop of centers & power forwards,alot of bigs amongst the group, that play like big men use to play……

Chris Walker & Rondae Hollis Jefferson will be higher then you have them……Dakari Johnson,Sam Dekker,Trey Lyles,Marcus Paige,AJ Hammonds,Brice Johnson,Chris McCullough and Justise Winslow are 1st round candidates…Rashad Vaughn is a sleeper….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I Love next year’s crop of centers & power forwards,alot of bigs amongst the group, that play like big men use to play……

Chris Walker & Rondae Hollis Jefferson will be higher then you have them……Dakari Johnson,Sam Dekker,Trey Lyles,Marcus Paige,AJ Hammonds,Brice Johnson,Chris McCullough and Justise Winslow are 1st round candidates…Rashad Vaughn is a sleeper….

TheMOSTHATEDone
    Participant

Towns is fairly athletic, an 8 in my books, lacks a bit of strenght compared to Okafor, but has more upside.

• Has elite lenght, He is 9’5 stading reach (think Shaq, Deandre Jordan, etc )
    • A nice Shooting stroke that extends to the college 3 point line.
    • And elite passing ability for a big man his age, he posses this ability to make teammates better, an ability that all the great centers have had, so he just needs to put strenght, polish his post game a bit, and you have one 20- 10- 4 assist center fo the future (in terms of upside), he reminds me Ewing a lot, in his ability to stretch the floor and be a nice post passer, than also Shaq and The Dream possesed.
    • On Okafor he reminds me a real center version of Al Jefferson who can contribute right away, so the ceiling is higher for Towns, but Okafor would win ROY with a wide margin.
    • Lyles and Alexander have limited ceilings for the lack of height/lenght, altough both project to be contributors right away.

TheMOSTHATEDone
    Participant

Towns is fairly athletic, an 8 in my books, lacks a bit of strenght compared to Okafor, but has more upside.

• Has elite lenght, He is 9’5 stading reach (think Shaq, Deandre Jordan, etc )
    • A nice Shooting stroke that extends to the college 3 point line.
    • And elite passing ability for a big man his age, he posses this ability to make teammates better, an ability that all the great centers have had, so he just needs to put strenght, polish his post game a bit, and you have one 20- 10- 4 assist center fo the future (in terms of upside), he reminds me Ewing a lot, in his ability to stretch the floor and be a nice post passer, than also Shaq and The Dream possesed.
    • On Okafor he reminds me a real center version of Al Jefferson who can contribute right away, so the ceiling is higher for Towns, but Okafor would win ROY with a wide margin.
    • Lyles and Alexander have limited ceilings for the lack of height/lenght, altough both project to be contributors right away.

Hacker90
    Participant

for Myles Turner. I’m a life long University of Texas fan, so I might be a little biased. My prediction is he’s going to dominate next year at UT and become a top 3 pick in the draft.

JoeWolf1

I think his stock will drop a bit. He’ll be splitting time with two guys who have bodies built to wreak havoc in the college game (Ridley and Prince Ibeh). Turner will block some shots and help UT field a Kentucky-esque front line, but he’s pretty raw, pretty thin and didn’t do so hot in the Hoop Summit.

Still a very good prospect, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s 2016 when all is said and done.

MattP31
        Participant

I agree. His play for the US team was also slightly less than what was expected- not bad, but not the best player there based on what I read. That said he does intrigue me

MattP31
        Participant

I agree. His play for the US team was also slightly less than what was expected- not bad, but not the best player there based on what I read. That said he does intrigue me

JoeWolf1

I think his stock will drop a bit. He’ll be splitting time with two guys who have bodies built to wreak havoc in the college game (Ridley and Prince Ibeh). Turner will block some shots and help UT field a Kentucky-esque front line, but he’s pretty raw, pretty thin and didn’t do so hot in the Hoop Summit.

Still a very good prospect, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s 2016 when all is said and done.

Hacker90
    Participant

for Myles Turner. I’m a life long University of Texas fan, so I might be a little biased. My prediction is he’s going to dominate next year at UT and become a top 3 pick in the draft.

chall23
    Participant

Mario Hezonja  will be higher than 13   Easpecially with the lack of shooting guards, I actually heard Sam Hinke talking about him yesterday on 94.1 WIP. He said he’s a player they will be watching closely. Pretty interesting interview actually, but I think he’ll be drafted a little higher than 13th   

chall23
    Participant

Mario Hezonja  will be higher than 13   Easpecially with the lack of shooting guards, I actually heard Sam Hinke talking about him yesterday on 94.1 WIP. He said he’s a player they will be watching closely. Pretty interesting interview actually, but I think he’ll be drafted a little higher than 13th   

reanimator
    Participant

There is NO argument for Andrew Harrison, Wayne Selden, Jabari Bird and Terran Petteway over Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Caris LeVert. 

MattP31
      Participant

I think you can make an argument. Obviously LeVert and RHJ are higher right now, but some of the other guys have a chance to pass them during the season. I personally feel really good about Selden upping his stock this year as he will have a full year in the program and won’t be in the shadow of Wiggins anymore. Yeah they have some impressive newcomers but he will get the chance to make KU his team this year- at least as much as Bill Self will allow one player to do so.

MattP31
      Participant

I think you can make an argument. Obviously LeVert and RHJ are higher right now, but some of the other guys have a chance to pass them during the season. I personally feel really good about Selden upping his stock this year as he will have a full year in the program and won’t be in the shadow of Wiggins anymore. Yeah they have some impressive newcomers but he will get the chance to make KU his team this year- at least as much as Bill Self will allow one player to do so.

reanimator
    Participant

There is NO argument for Andrew Harrison, Wayne Selden, Jabari Bird and Terran Petteway over Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Caris LeVert. 

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

I highly doubt Marcus Lee goes higher than WCS.

WCS projects to get more minutes and is a Center, where Lee is a PF who plays like a center, which isnt a good combo for a prospect.

I feel Portis plays his way into a lottery selection.

RHJ will be a lottery pick imo.

Oubre is going to Kansas, not UCONN.

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

I highly doubt Marcus Lee goes higher than WCS.

WCS projects to get more minutes and is a Center, where Lee is a PF who plays like a center, which isnt a good combo for a prospect.

I feel Portis plays his way into a lottery selection.

RHJ will be a lottery pick imo.

Oubre is going to Kansas, not UCONN.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login