2015 Class Predictions
In-home and officials visits are beginning to be set. Good time to make some predictions.
Top 25 recruits based on 247 composite rankings
1. Ben Simmons- LSU....Committed.
2. Jaylen Brown- UCLA....Strong ADIDAS connection here and UCLA considered leader. KU also ADIDAS and making a run. Georgia in there strong. Word is UK losing ground.
3. Malik Newman- UK....Going to be a spring decision. I feel he chooses UK after the Twins go pro.
4. Diamond Stone- UCONN....Came out with top 5. A lot of people feel UCONN is strong here. Doubful Newman and Stone go to college together.
5. Ivan Rabb- UNC....Seemed like Arizona was leading but a lot of insiders say that Rabb wants to go East Coast and if he stays west Cal might be just as strong as Zona here.
6. Cheick Diallo- KU....Behind the scenes have KU as the leader right now but UK is probably just as strong and ISU in strong as well.
7. Skal Labbissiere- Memphis....Memphis appears to be the leader here although would not be surprised to see UK make a push.
8. Chase Jeter- Duke....Committed.
9. Henry Ellenson- Marquette....Brother is a junior at Marquette and they'd play together.
10. Isaiah Briscoe- St. John's....Trier commitment to Zona pushed Briscoe to St. John's. If he waits till the spring to decide I can see other bigger programs getting involved.
11. Allonzo Trier- Arizona....Committed
12. Stephen Zimmerman- UK....KU and UK making strong pushes here. UK looking to take 2 Cs because of the possibility they lose 2 or all 3 of Towns, Johnson, and WCS.
13. Ray Smith- Arizona....Committed
14. Carlton Bragg- UK....Insiders say that KU and UK are the top 2 here. I believe Bragg chooses UK after Diallo chooses KU. Either way I believe KU and UK split Diallo and Bragg.
15. Caleb Swanigan- MSU....MSU considered leader right now. Big boys may come calling though.
16. Antonio Blakeney- LSU....Can see him going to LSU or Louisville. I think LSU may be a little stronger. Mizzou said to be making strong push as well.
17. Brandon Ingram- Duke....Tobacco Road battle. I think the more available PT on the wing at Duke pushes him to them.
18. Jalen Brunson- MSU....Illinois making push but feel he ends up choose MSU in the end.
19. Dwayne Bacon- FSU....FSU considered strong leader here.
20. Justin Simon- Arizona....Committed.
21. Elijah Thomas- Illinois.....Illinois and SMU felt to be the strongest here.
22. Luke Kennard- Duke....Committed.
23. Thomas Bryant- Syracuse....Missouri making a strong push but feel he goes back home to NY to play college ball.
24. Deyonta Davis- MSU....Committed.
25. Tyler Dorsey- KU....Lot of people say KU is the leader at the moment and can see him deciding after he visits.
An extra pick
Thon Maker- KU....I believe he'll eventually reclassify to 2015. They are just telling people he's not going to reclassify to get people off his back about it. Some insiders have said KU is very strong here as Maker is an ADIDAS guy.
The recruit I have the most info on is Ingram and I predicted him to Duke in the last thread like this, I switch my prediction to UNC. Word is he left his official from Duke (was not pleased with his visit according to some in the know people) and stopped by UNC on the way home, then stopped by there again on the way back from Elite 24.
Blackney and Simmons would be fun!
I heard UCLA is a bigger player for Zim than most people think.
Love threads like this.
Good post. I'd like to know your success rate with these predictions, but I reckon you're on the money re: Blakeney to LSU. Noah Dickerson might go there too. With a few of their strong returning players, that lineup would be amongst the best in the country.
Especially with Simmons. He'll be able to carry any college team.
Noah Dickerson already popped to Florida. It was very surprising because I would have put money on him going to LSU
Man MSU would have a damn good class if they could land Brunson and Swanigan, along with Davis. That'd be their best class in years.
As an Alum - not seeing us on here anywhere makes me cry. Time for Crean to hit the bricks
I'm most interested in Ingram too, being a UNC fan obviously. NCballer, do you have more info on what Ingram didn't like about his visit to Duke? Gotta keep the Kingston to Chapel Hill pipeline going. I think Stackhouse and Bullock turned out okay.
TarHeelRaven, big UNC fan here as well. My disclaimer is that if I am wrong, remember I am just relaying what was told to me.
Apparently, Coach K didn't really give Ingram an ego trip that most recruits want. Told him he would probably see only spot minutes his freshman year (keep in mind Ingram is coming off of a HUGE summer where he outplayed Jaylen Brown head to head in 2 games, and more offers started rolling in). He did not leave the biggest fan of the culture of the university as a whole. Did not find the current players very friendly etc, just not a good experience.
Hope this helps shed some more light on it. His actions certainly back up what I have been hearing. Don't be surprised if he doesn't go on his scheduled officials to UK and KU. Dad is sold on UNC.
I think its way too early to make a call on Zimmerman. Arizona and UNLV are also in a good position with him and I think we need more dominoes to fall before we make this call.
I also think Dwayne Bacon isn't quite a lock for Florida St. When he is a freshman their two starting wings, Montay Brandon and Aaron Thomas, will be seniors and Xavier Rathan Mayes will a sophomore at the two. They also grabbed a commitment from 2015 Terrence Mann who is a very underrated player and a perfect fit in their system. Just speculation but Georgetown and SMU are both on his list and need a wing player so perhaps they are fits
If Rabb makes his decision before Zimmerman and chooses elsewhere then I can see Zona putting a full court press on Zimmerman. Zona insiders feel that Rabb and Chance Comanche are higher priority than Zimmerman right now.
When it comes to UNLV their insiders don't feel too strongly about UNLV's chances. Not very often do you see a recruit choose the school he unofficially visits over the schools he officially visits.
that last sentence isn't necessarily true. official visits are limited. unofficial visits are not. if a player has interest in a local school, it would make sense NOT to burn an official on a visit that is minutes away and would cost virtually nothing.
Only 5 official visits allowed. I understand it's easy to unofficially visit the school that are in or near your home town. But how often does a recruit commit to the one school he unofficially visits even when that school is near or from his home town? I can't remember any off the top of my head and I'm not sure you'll find too many occurences. Zimmerman could definitely be different but history doesn't support it.
a better argument can be made that most players who are recruited by blue bloods don't stay local. it has nothing to do with unofficial vs official. an unofficial visit can be just as good as an official visit. often times it's a matter of convenience and saving officials for more costly trips.