This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar clawlin 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    paradigmn
    Participant

Before I begin let me just say I know there might be some people on the forum not interested in high school basketball. If that’s the case, I apologize in advance for this post. If you are interested however, this is a recap of this years Super Sophomore All-American Camp.

The Super Sophomore All-American Camp is an annual 3-day event in Georgia that hosts some of the top rising sophomores in the country. Before you roll your eyes (lol), there have been some decent players to come out of the camp in past years.

The first Super Soph Camp was held in 2011. That means it was the high school graduating Class of 2014, or in layman’s terms incoming college freshmen. If you really follow high school basketball there are a bunch of names you’d recognize, but I’ll keep it short & simple.

– Leron Black: Underrated pf headed to Illinois

– Quentin Snider: Big-time pg headed to Louisville

– Tyler Ulis: McDonald’s All-American headed to Kentucky.

– D’Angelo Russell: McDonald’s All-American headed to Ohio State.

Last but not least…

– Cliff Alexander: McDonald’s All-American headed to Kansas. Currently No. 3 on NBA Draft. net’s 2015 Mock.

– Emmanuel Mudiay: McDonald’s All-American headed to SMU. Currently No. 1 on NBA Draft. net’s 2015 Mock.

I won’t go into detail about the last 2 camps, but I will say Jaylen Brown put his name on the map in 2012. The incoming senior is a no-brainer Top 10 recruit in the c/o 2015, and is even making a serious push as the best player in the nation.

Which brings us to the c/o 2017 and this years Super Sophomore All-American Camp. Once again there were some decent players at the event, including three 7-footers with a lot of potential.

For fans of international basketball, three Nigerian players are featured. I know you guys are passionate about ball. These 3 should make you happy.

There’s also another Aussie on the horizon; 6’9” Daniel Mading. Looks like he might be a decent player down the road. Mikey V can vouch for him.

Anyways, a bunch of these players already have NBA Draft. net profiles, so it might be a decent read. Sorry if I wasted your time though 🙂

2014 Super Sophomore All-American Camp Recap

P.S. On an unrelated topic. The U.S. roster for the Adidas Euro Camp was released the other day. That’s no big deal, except for the fact Thon Maker was listed c/o 2015. Obviously rumors have been rampant that he’s thinking about reclassifying, so it might not be a misprint. Thon’s bro Matur Maker was also selected to the team, and he was listed c/o 2016. Since he’s an incoming sophomore, I thought that was a little interesting as well.

clawlin
    Participant

As an Illinois fan it hurts thinking that Leron Black, Quentin Snider and Cliff Alexander all could’ve been Illini

clawlin
    Participant

As an Illinois fan it hurts thinking that Leron Black, Quentin Snider and Cliff Alexander all could’ve been Illini

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login