This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar the I in win 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Every year, for about 4 years now, I seem to gravitate towards 2 prospects that i think are being underrated.  I usually have to see them to through the combine before my "love affair" with them gets strong but its coming early this year. 2 guys i think are being overlooked are:

Cleanthony Early and Kyle Anderson

I know Anderson is projected in the lottery but most arent high on him.  And i think Early could become a starter in the league within 2 years.  

Keep in mind that i am very hit and miss with this and the combine usually helps.  Here were my love affairs from years past.  You’ll see that i am wrong a lot..  Lol

2010 – Hassan Whiteside and Devin Ebanks

2011 – Jeremy Tyler and Tyler Honneycutt

2012 – Meyers Leonard and Tony Wroten

2013 – Tony Mitchell and Nate Wolters

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Pretty good picks this year.  Slow Mo has talent.  Early went to the Final Four last year and his team is undefeated this year.  Wonder what else he has to do?  … Early might be a guy who just makes teams better even if he isn’t a freakish superstar.

After all the "name" guys, Anderson and Early are as good as anybody.

My sleeper pick right now is Shabazz Napier.  He has a lot of ability as a shooter, scorer, ball handler, and even a rebounder.

My team has a draft pick in the early 20’s (projected).  I think we should consider trading down for two of Philly’s 2nd round picks and also getting some cash back.  The "value" in this draft is in the top 3 (definitely), maybe the top 6 or 7, and then in the second round.  Between 7 and 25/35, its a draft picker’s draft.

My dark horse candidate for ROY this season was Ryan Kelly.  I mentioned though that he would need minutes.  So far, when given minutes, Ryan Kelly has produced. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Pretty good picks this year.  Slow Mo has talent.  Early went to the Final Four last year and his team is undefeated this year.  Wonder what else he has to do?  … Early might be a guy who just makes teams better even if he isn’t a freakish superstar.

After all the "name" guys, Anderson and Early are as good as anybody.

My sleeper pick right now is Shabazz Napier.  He has a lot of ability as a shooter, scorer, ball handler, and even a rebounder.

My team has a draft pick in the early 20’s (projected).  I think we should consider trading down for two of Philly’s 2nd round picks and also getting some cash back.  The "value" in this draft is in the top 3 (definitely), maybe the top 6 or 7, and then in the second round.  Between 7 and 25/35, its a draft picker’s draft.

My dark horse candidate for ROY this season was Ryan Kelly.  I mentioned though that he would need minutes.  So far, when given minutes, Ryan Kelly has produced. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Montrez Harrell- He’ll go in the 20s but with his motor and athleticism he’ll be able to contribute right away off a playoff teams bench, if he can develop a 15ft game he’ll could be a starter in a couple years.

CJ Wilcox- Shooting translates and he has the size and footwork to create space.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Montrez Harrell- He’ll go in the 20s but with his motor and athleticism he’ll be able to contribute right away off a playoff teams bench, if he can develop a 15ft game he’ll could be a starter in a couple years.

CJ Wilcox- Shooting translates and he has the size and footwork to create space.

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

D’Antoni is the perfect coach for Kelly.  

I like Shabazz but I think he ends up like a lot of small Big East guards.  Not the ones like Kemba, more like Darius Johnson-Odom and Corey Fisher.  Lots of talent and should probably be on a roster but somehow end up overseas or in the D-League.  Size is a big concern.

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

D’Antoni is the perfect coach for Kelly.  

I like Shabazz but I think he ends up like a lot of small Big East guards.  Not the ones like Kemba, more like Darius Johnson-Odom and Corey Fisher.  Lots of talent and should probably be on a roster but somehow end up overseas or in the D-League.  Size is a big concern.

Spaceghost
    Participant

PJ Hairston is my Sleeper, there is no way he does not come in to the NBA and not be an instant scorer. I see him fitting in nicely with the BULLS . I think his agressiveness and mentality will be a welcome addition on a team like the BULLS or Memphis. He scores, plays with passion, Coach THIB can teach him that NBA style defense.

Spaceghost
    Participant

PJ Hairston is my Sleeper, there is no way he does not come in to the NBA and not be an instant scorer. I see him fitting in nicely with the BULLS . I think his agressiveness and mentality will be a welcome addition on a team like the BULLS or Memphis. He scores, plays with passion, Coach THIB can teach him that NBA style defense.

max23
    Participant

KJ Mcdaniels (looking forward to see him tonight against Duke)and Markel Brown(unless he measures to be 6’2)

max23
    Participant

KJ Mcdaniels (looking forward to see him tonight against Duke)and Markel Brown(unless he measures to be 6’2)

fito91
      Participant

Love KJ McDaniels! He’s projected to go 34th in 2015 on this site. If he plays well in the tournament I think he’s one of those guys that will rise and go in the top 20 this year should he declare. Heck, even if he doesn’t play his best in the tournament I still believe he’s a lock to go in the 1st round.

fito91
      Participant

Love KJ McDaniels! He’s projected to go 34th in 2015 on this site. If he plays well in the tournament I think he’s one of those guys that will rise and go in the top 20 this year should he declare. Heck, even if he doesn’t play his best in the tournament I still believe he’s a lock to go in the 1st round.

fito91
    Participant

I think he’ll end up going top 10 on draft night, but if Dario Saric gets drafted in the 14 range like he’s projected to on this site I think he will be a steal.

In most drafts this guy should be a top 5 pick. His skill set is incredible for being 6’10”. He’ll be a difference maker for any team that drafts him. He’s not going to be a guy that puts up a lot of points, but he his going to stuff the stat sheet and get everyone on the floor involved and have a positive impact in most aspects of the game.

His jump shot is still inconsistent, but it looks like he has the ability to score in the post and in transition, so I think he’ll have decent success scoring while he works on his shot. Even if he doesn’t become a great scorer, he’s still going to make those around him better and find a way to contribute.

Some people knock him for not being the most athletic player, but I feel like that won’t hurt him as much as people think. This kids basketball IQ is impressive, it makes you forget that he’s only 19. His court awareness, how he positions himself, and his high motor will make up for the lack of athleticism to an extent. Based off this, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say he’ll be able to guard his position and be an average defender.

fito91
    Participant

I think he’ll end up going top 10 on draft night, but if Dario Saric gets drafted in the 14 range like he’s projected to on this site I think he will be a steal.

In most drafts this guy should be a top 5 pick. His skill set is incredible for being 6’10”. He’ll be a difference maker for any team that drafts him. He’s not going to be a guy that puts up a lot of points, but he his going to stuff the stat sheet and get everyone on the floor involved and have a positive impact in most aspects of the game.

His jump shot is still inconsistent, but it looks like he has the ability to score in the post and in transition, so I think he’ll have decent success scoring while he works on his shot. Even if he doesn’t become a great scorer, he’s still going to make those around him better and find a way to contribute.

Some people knock him for not being the most athletic player, but I feel like that won’t hurt him as much as people think. This kids basketball IQ is impressive, it makes you forget that he’s only 19. His court awareness, how he positions himself, and his high motor will make up for the lack of athleticism to an extent. Based off this, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say he’ll be able to guard his position and be an average defender.

arowsky205
    Participant

Mario Hezonja. The dude has top 10 talent, but since he’s young and hasn’t been playing much on an experienced Barcelona team and was hurt over the summer, he has kind of been out of sight and out of mind for most people. He’s a big 2-guard at 6’7 and is a terrific athlete. He’s a great shooter with deep range, he can drive by his man and get to the rack, and he can pull up off the dribble. He’s not a very good defender yet, but has the tools to be one, and can be one with some good NBA coaching. I honestly think he’s the second best international prospect behind Exum. Most mocks I’ve seen have him in the 20’s, and if he goes there, he’d be an absolute steal.

arowsky205
    Participant

Mario Hezonja. The dude has top 10 talent, but since he’s young and hasn’t been playing much on an experienced Barcelona team and was hurt over the summer, he has kind of been out of sight and out of mind for most people. He’s a big 2-guard at 6’7 and is a terrific athlete. He’s a great shooter with deep range, he can drive by his man and get to the rack, and he can pull up off the dribble. He’s not a very good defender yet, but has the tools to be one, and can be one with some good NBA coaching. I honestly think he’s the second best international prospect behind Exum. Most mocks I’ve seen have him in the 20’s, and if he goes there, he’d be an absolute steal.

fito91
    Participant

I just made a post about him on a different thread, but Terran Petteway impressed me a lot when they played the Badgers. Love the aggressiveness and fire he played with. To go along with that he seemed to have a good looking stroke with NBA range, but also the ability to get to the hoop and create his own shot. Maybe a little out of control at times, but if plays with that level of intensity every game I see him having a lot of success in the NBA whether he’s a spark off the bench or a solid starter.

fito91
    Participant

I just made a post about him on a different thread, but Terran Petteway impressed me a lot when they played the Badgers. Love the aggressiveness and fire he played with. To go along with that he seemed to have a good looking stroke with NBA range, but also the ability to get to the hoop and create his own shot. Maybe a little out of control at times, but if plays with that level of intensity every game I see him having a lot of success in the NBA whether he’s a spark off the bench or a solid starter.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

AJ Hammonds the massive 7 footer from Purdue could become another Roy Hibbert..And like Hibbert he have some of the same strengths & weaknesses.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

AJ Hammonds the massive 7 footer from Purdue could become another Roy Hibbert..And like Hibbert he have some of the same strengths & weaknesses.

the I in win
    Participant

Nick Johnson and Russ Smith

For both defense is above average (great for Russ), shoot well, handle well, pass well albeit reluctantly, and in my opinion would be great 3rd guards/sixth men in a rotation.  Also I don’t think the Celtics allow Nick Johnson to play for any other team as a tribute to his uncle, they have an early 2nd rounder and I think it will be Nick.

the I in win
      Participant

Dallas actually has that pick, but I still think the Celtics try to work it out so they get him.

the I in win
      Participant

Dallas actually has that pick, but I still think the Celtics try to work it out so they get him.

the I in win
    Participant

Nick Johnson and Russ Smith

For both defense is above average (great for Russ), shoot well, handle well, pass well albeit reluctantly, and in my opinion would be great 3rd guards/sixth men in a rotation.  Also I don’t think the Celtics allow Nick Johnson to play for any other team as a tribute to his uncle, they have an early 2nd rounder and I think it will be Nick.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login