This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Kawagic 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    electric_koolaid
    Participant

Who would win in a 7 game series?

Imo, the spurs would win 4-2 and most of games closer than the miami series

Kawagic
    Participant

Waaaay to tough/different to say something like that. Different rules/regulations. So many varibles as well. Are you talking about the 91-93 bulls or 96-98 bulls? For argument sake, lets say the 96 bulls? I’d probably give the slight edge to Chicago for one simple reason. MJ, and I’m the biggest Spurs fan out there. I have no doubt that it would be an epic series (probably 7 games) but that 96′ Bulls team was pretty epic.

Breaking the series down……

PG: I’d give the slight edge to TP over Harper at PG. Although TP does at some times struggle with bigger guards I feel he could break Harper down and expose him in the pick and roll.

SG: MJ obviously over Danny Green, DG is an underrated SG on the defensive side but to say he would keep up with MJ is just plain silly, I do like the idea od the Spurs mixing it up a bit (Parker, Kawhi, DG, etc.) while attempting to guard MJ. Maybe try and "wear" him out a bit but I still would have my doubts

SF: Pippen a slight favorite over Kawhi, Scottie was a great distributer and had amazing vision, defense, rebounder, etc….Kawhi reminds me of a young scottie but not as polished yet. He could possibly be the Scottie but still waaaaay to early to tell. Best case scenario? A wash? But in reality, Scottie > Kawhi

PF/C: I lumped these together simply because the Spurs change thier starting rotation  alot. Timmy/Splitter/Diaw vs Longley/Rodman. I like the spurs in this match-up simply because of the size and passing abilities of the big men. Rodman was an excellent defender/rebounder but Longley would be abused.

Bench: Spurs > Bulls, this IMO is the only clear advantage the Spurs would have. Manu/Patty/Boris/Marco/Splitter over Kerr/Kukoc/Salley anyday……all day

Still so tough to call due to the changes in rules and how the game is played.

Kawagic
    Participant

Waaaay to tough/different to say something like that. Different rules/regulations. So many varibles as well. Are you talking about the 91-93 bulls or 96-98 bulls? For argument sake, lets say the 96 bulls? I’d probably give the slight edge to Chicago for one simple reason. MJ, and I’m the biggest Spurs fan out there. I have no doubt that it would be an epic series (probably 7 games) but that 96′ Bulls team was pretty epic.

Breaking the series down……

PG: I’d give the slight edge to TP over Harper at PG. Although TP does at some times struggle with bigger guards I feel he could break Harper down and expose him in the pick and roll.

SG: MJ obviously over Danny Green, DG is an underrated SG on the defensive side but to say he would keep up with MJ is just plain silly, I do like the idea od the Spurs mixing it up a bit (Parker, Kawhi, DG, etc.) while attempting to guard MJ. Maybe try and "wear" him out a bit but I still would have my doubts

SF: Pippen a slight favorite over Kawhi, Scottie was a great distributer and had amazing vision, defense, rebounder, etc….Kawhi reminds me of a young scottie but not as polished yet. He could possibly be the Scottie but still waaaaay to early to tell. Best case scenario? A wash? But in reality, Scottie > Kawhi

PF/C: I lumped these together simply because the Spurs change thier starting rotation  alot. Timmy/Splitter/Diaw vs Longley/Rodman. I like the spurs in this match-up simply because of the size and passing abilities of the big men. Rodman was an excellent defender/rebounder but Longley would be abused.

Bench: Spurs > Bulls, this IMO is the only clear advantage the Spurs would have. Manu/Patty/Boris/Marco/Splitter over Kerr/Kukoc/Salley anyday……all day

Still so tough to call due to the changes in rules and how the game is played.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login