This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Rip255 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    rope
    Participant

No, I am not asking you to  do a Chad Ford on your old mock draft.

Just pick a few sophs and some projections for key stats

Here are a few of mine:

Andrew Wiggins – 22 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 42% fg

Julius Randle – 10.2 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 42%, 0.5 bpg

Doug McDemott – 11.1 ppg,  4.8 rpg, 2.8 apg 48% fg

Adrien Payne – 8.2 ppg 6.8 rpg  36 % on threes

Jordan Clarkson – 14.2 ppg 38% on threes

I also think Marcus Smart might produce some suprising advanced metrics, like Win Shares.

I didn’t think about sophmores slumps, but feel free to project a few of those, too,

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Noah vonleh is a guy who looked really improved in summer league this year. He should get an opportunity to play for a Portland team that is likely in rebuilding mode at this point and could have a breakout season. I have a feeling that charlotte is going to regret that trade.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Noah vonleh is a guy who looked really improved in summer league this year. He should get an opportunity to play for a Portland team that is likely in rebuilding mode at this point and could have a breakout season. I have a feeling that charlotte is going to regret that trade.

Tioseco
    Participant

I dunno why you’re being negged. Your predictions seem to be positive yet conservative enough to be realistic. Why didn’t you include Jabari tho?

My predictions:

Wiggins: 21.1 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 spg, 0.7 bpg, 43% fg (Trying my best to curb my enthusiasm for Wiggins but I am really big fan. Been following him since he was 13.)

Jabari Parker: 18.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.7 bpg, 46% fg (Scoring and rebounding aren’t that high because of all their options in Milwaulkee)

Julius Randle: 12 ppg, 7 rpg, 0.6 spg, 0.5 bpg, 40% fg (Will struggle finishing against bigger and longer competition and will be rusty coming off his injury. His activity will get him a good amount of boards tho)

Jordan Clarkson: 15 ppg, 3 rpg, 4 apg, 1.8 spg, 44% fg (I’m pretty high on Clarkson and I feel like he might steal some of D’angelo’s thunder for the Lakers, at least for this season)

Elfrid Payton: 10 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 8.1 apg, 2 spg, 44% fg (I like Payton a lot too but with the number of options on the Magic, he won’t be scoring as much but he will contribute in a number of different ways)

Zach Lavine: 14.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.6 apg, 42% fg (With the Wolves still invested in Rubio and drafting Tyrus Jones, I think they really prefer Lavine to play as a 6th man SG, and probably rightfully so)

Aaron Gordon: 11 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.2 bpg, 44% fg (Improved TONS based on SL. Really didn’t buy his stock coming into the 2014 draft but now I am doing a 180. Hard to project his stats tho with the presence of Oladipo, Vucevic, and a newly-signed Tobias Harris all probably above him in the scoring hierarchy)

Dante Exum – 10.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.4 spg, 42% fg (This is just a baseless guess)

Tioseco
    Participant

I dunno why you’re being negged. Your predictions seem to be positive yet conservative enough to be realistic. Why didn’t you include Jabari tho?

My predictions:

Wiggins: 21.1 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 spg, 0.7 bpg, 43% fg (Trying my best to curb my enthusiasm for Wiggins but I am really big fan. Been following him since he was 13.)

Jabari Parker: 18.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.7 bpg, 46% fg (Scoring and rebounding aren’t that high because of all their options in Milwaulkee)

Julius Randle: 12 ppg, 7 rpg, 0.6 spg, 0.5 bpg, 40% fg (Will struggle finishing against bigger and longer competition and will be rusty coming off his injury. His activity will get him a good amount of boards tho)

Jordan Clarkson: 15 ppg, 3 rpg, 4 apg, 1.8 spg, 44% fg (I’m pretty high on Clarkson and I feel like he might steal some of D’angelo’s thunder for the Lakers, at least for this season)

Elfrid Payton: 10 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 8.1 apg, 2 spg, 44% fg (I like Payton a lot too but with the number of options on the Magic, he won’t be scoring as much but he will contribute in a number of different ways)

Zach Lavine: 14.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.6 apg, 42% fg (With the Wolves still invested in Rubio and drafting Tyrus Jones, I think they really prefer Lavine to play as a 6th man SG, and probably rightfully so)

Aaron Gordon: 11 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.2 bpg, 44% fg (Improved TONS based on SL. Really didn’t buy his stock coming into the 2014 draft but now I am doing a 180. Hard to project his stats tho with the presence of Oladipo, Vucevic, and a newly-signed Tobias Harris all probably above him in the scoring hierarchy)

Dante Exum – 10.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.4 spg, 42% fg (This is just a baseless guess)

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Exum will win Most Improved Player of the year.

Rip255

If Utah doesn’t make the Playoffs, I’ll go to my local barber and ask for the "Gordon Hayward Cut".

Exum and Rudy Gobert will be the best Pick & Roll Defensive duo in the NBA. When they started together, Utah had the best defense in the NBA. It’s no coincidence that they’re also the longest P&R duo in the NBA. 

You’ll never find a Jazz fan hating on Exum and the fans still loves that pick. 

Rip255

If Utah doesn’t make the Playoffs, I’ll go to my local barber and ask for the "Gordon Hayward Cut".

Exum and Rudy Gobert will be the best Pick & Roll Defensive duo in the NBA. When they started together, Utah had the best defense in the NBA. It’s no coincidence that they’re also the longest P&R duo in the NBA. 

You’ll never find a Jazz fan hating on Exum and the fans still loves that pick. 

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Exum will win Most Improved Player of the year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login