This topic contains 48 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar machu46 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    ColdCuts
    Participant

#1. Charlotte – Andrew Wiggins, SF

#2. Sacramento – Jabari Parker, SF

#3. Orlando – Marcus Smart, PG

#4. Philadelphia – Willie Cauley-Stein, C

#5. Milwaukee – Julius Randle, SF/PF

#6. Utah – Glenn Robinson III, SF

#7. Phoenix – Wayne Selden, SG/SF

#8. Atlanta – Doug McDermott, SF

#9. LA Lakers – Andrew Harrison, PG/SG

#10. New Orleans – Joel Embiid, C

#11. Washington – Dario Saric, SF/PF

#12. Minnesota – James Young, SG

#13. Cleveland – Jerami Grant, SF

#14. Dallas – Kaleb Tarczewski, C

#15. Toronto – Perry Ellis, SF/PF

#16. Boston – Gary Harris, SG

#17. Portland – Mario Hezonja, SG

#18. Memphis – Aaron Gordon, SF/PF

#19. Denver – Semaj Christon, PG

#20. Detroit – Vasilje Micic, PG/SG

#21. Golden State – Mitch McGray, PF/C

#22. New York – Adreian Payne, PF/C

#23. Houston – James McAdoo, SF/PF

#24. Chicago – Montrezl Harrell, PF

#25. San Antonio – Ondrej Balvin, C

#26. Brooklyn – Alex Poythress, SF/PF

#27. LA Clippers – Cory Jefferson, PF

#28. Indiana – LaQuinton Ross, SF

#29. Oklahoma City – Isaiah Austin, PF/C

#30. Miami – CJ Fair, SF

theprophet
    Participant

not bad, it’s really early to tell just yet though. mine looks different.

theprophet
    Participant

not bad, it’s really early to tell just yet though. mine looks different.

jwostrum
    Participant

@theprophet I promise you kasey hill will not go in the 2nd round, he is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best PG in the 2014 draft and a damn good one at that. he is much more of a pure PG than exum or Harrison, and he is just a better prospect than jahii Carlson.

jwostrum
    Participant

@theprophet I promise you kasey hill will not go in the 2nd round, he is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best PG in the 2014 draft and a damn good one at that. he is much more of a pure PG than exum or Harrison, and he is just a better prospect than jahii Carlson.

Tyrober
    Participant

I am more curious as to where you put the teams. Toronto and Boston over the Cavs, Wizards, and Hawks?

Tyrober
    Participant

I am more curious as to where you put the teams. Toronto and Boston over the Cavs, Wizards, and Hawks?

lukestine13
    Participant

First utah owns golden states and you have boston making the playoffs they are in full tank mode.

lukestine13
    Participant

First utah owns golden states and you have boston making the playoffs they are in full tank mode.

JoeWolf1

I’m not a believer in GRIII as an elite top 10 caliber draft pick. At this point in his career, he’s kind of a jack of all trades master of none, and at 6’6” and not particularly strong or physical, he’s a kind of a cross between a forward without size or physicallity and a guard without great shooting or ball hanlding.

He’s young, and he will develop as a player, but nothing I saw from him last year makes me think he would be more than a 15-22 range player in this strong 2014 NBA draft. He was a glue guy at the college level, could play SG or SF and provide energy, but he doesn’t have the size or skill to do that in the pros yet. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong this season, and I suspect he’ll get better, but IMO putting him this high in a mock is a huge leap of faith towards his development.

JoeWolf1

I’m not a believer in GRIII as an elite top 10 caliber draft pick. At this point in his career, he’s kind of a jack of all trades master of none, and at 6’6” and not particularly strong or physical, he’s a kind of a cross between a forward without size or physicallity and a guard without great shooting or ball hanlding.

He’s young, and he will develop as a player, but nothing I saw from him last year makes me think he would be more than a 15-22 range player in this strong 2014 NBA draft. He was a glue guy at the college level, could play SG or SF and provide energy, but he doesn’t have the size or skill to do that in the pros yet. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong this season, and I suspect he’ll get better, but IMO putting him this high in a mock is a huge leap of faith towards his development.

Moon River
    Participant

I am a huge Orange fan, but don’t understand the buzz behind Grant. Of course he has the NBA pedigree, but I think he is currently overvalued. I hope I am wrong about this.

I think GRIII is experiencing the same bump in value as JW1 opined.

machu46
      Participant

At this point, it’s all just projecting the type of player he might be this year.

He’s at least 6’8″ with a 7’2″ wingspan and could still grow some more. Looks like he could be a great rebounder, and he’s worked a lot on his ball-handling and shooting this off-season. He looked like Syracuse’s best player for their tournament in Canada a couple of weeks ago. He looked like a man among boys.

In the very least, he’s easily a better prospect than CJ Fair, who some people think could end up being a late 1st round pick.

machu46
      Participant

At this point, it’s all just projecting the type of player he might be this year.

He’s at least 6’8″ with a 7’2″ wingspan and could still grow some more. Looks like he could be a great rebounder, and he’s worked a lot on his ball-handling and shooting this off-season. He looked like Syracuse’s best player for their tournament in Canada a couple of weeks ago. He looked like a man among boys.

In the very least, he’s easily a better prospect than CJ Fair, who some people think could end up being a late 1st round pick.

Moon River
    Participant

I am a huge Orange fan, but don’t understand the buzz behind Grant. Of course he has the NBA pedigree, but I think he is currently overvalued. I hope I am wrong about this.

I think GRIII is experiencing the same bump in value as JW1 opined.

LET YOUR GIRL POST ME UP
    Participant

Randle in milwaukee i feel bad if that happens

LET YOUR GIRL POST ME UP
    Participant

Randle in milwaukee i feel bad if that happens

harrisonwind
    Participant

your missing Spencer Dinwiddie PG Colorado

harrisonwind
    Participant

your missing Spencer Dinwiddie PG Colorado

TheTruth86
    Participant

One thing I know for sure – Utah and Phily will have the best odds to land the #1 pick.

TheTruth86
    Participant

One thing I know for sure – Utah and Phily will have the best odds to land the #1 pick.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Wiggins in Orlando with Oladipo would be one heck of a pairing. Those two would win a title. Jabari Parker would be a great fit too, as would Julius Randle.

Julius Randle might be a good fit in Philadelphia. He could pair up with Nerlens Noel up front, and then they have an interesting wing rotation too. Obviously, the Sixers want Wiggins, but Randle (or Jabari Parker) would be nice additions too.

If the lottery is rigged then I don’t see the Jazz getting a top 3 pick. No point in burying one of these guys in the Utah market.

I think Mitch McGary has the potential to go in the top 10. I also think that James McAdoo can move up.

Another guy I like is Chane Behanan. He may be undersized but he is a beast on the boards and a very good athlete for a big man. He was the X factor in the title game. He could go lottery I think. However, I hope the Grizzlies can draft him with our first round pick.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Wiggins in Orlando with Oladipo would be one heck of a pairing. Those two would win a title. Jabari Parker would be a great fit too, as would Julius Randle.

Julius Randle might be a good fit in Philadelphia. He could pair up with Nerlens Noel up front, and then they have an interesting wing rotation too. Obviously, the Sixers want Wiggins, but Randle (or Jabari Parker) would be nice additions too.

If the lottery is rigged then I don’t see the Jazz getting a top 3 pick. No point in burying one of these guys in the Utah market.

I think Mitch McGary has the potential to go in the top 10. I also think that James McAdoo can move up.

Another guy I like is Chane Behanan. He may be undersized but he is a beast on the boards and a very good athlete for a big man. He was the X factor in the title game. He could go lottery I think. However, I hope the Grizzlies can draft him with our first round pick.

ColdCuts
    Participant

PHILY- I look at it like this Phily “NEEDS” a Center so why not take the best one at this spot, if Phily landed at 5 it helps a team need in a big way

UTAH- Team need SF, why not take GR3 he is still a young player and he will develop, and Utah needs a SF that can do a little of everything

LAL- Team Needs PG, C, SF, PF, so with all these needs you take the best player available and at the 9th spot Lakers needs a play maker and that is Andrew Harrison

CAVs- At 13th Grant is the best SF available and they need a upgrade and he will turn into a nice roll player like a better Corey Brewer

Boston- There Roster is still decent and they will be a low seed in the east i dont expect them to win but they will make the playoffs over the other teams in the east

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TEAMS WILL LOOK AT TEAM NEEDS AND BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE AND WITH THIS DRAFT THERE WILL NOT BE MANY IN DRAFT TRADES SINCE THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE A STRONG DRAFT BY MOST,

ColdCuts
    Participant

PHILY- I look at it like this Phily “NEEDS” a Center so why not take the best one at this spot, if Phily landed at 5 it helps a team need in a big way

UTAH- Team need SF, why not take GR3 he is still a young player and he will develop, and Utah needs a SF that can do a little of everything

LAL- Team Needs PG, C, SF, PF, so with all these needs you take the best player available and at the 9th spot Lakers needs a play maker and that is Andrew Harrison

CAVs- At 13th Grant is the best SF available and they need a upgrade and he will turn into a nice roll player like a better Corey Brewer

Boston- There Roster is still decent and they will be a low seed in the east i dont expect them to win but they will make the playoffs over the other teams in the east

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TEAMS WILL LOOK AT TEAM NEEDS AND BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE AND WITH THIS DRAFT THERE WILL NOT BE MANY IN DRAFT TRADES SINCE THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE A STRONG DRAFT BY MOST,

bayabya
      Participant

Why ColdCuts thinks Utah need 3 ??
      Gordon Hayward is IMHO multi talented high seeling player. I’d rather say Utah need 2,
      Alec Burks is not and won’t be as good as Hayward. thats why maybe Selden would fit?
      If Utah will have 3-5 pick. Jabari and Andrew are obvious choices.

bayabya
      Participant

Why ColdCuts thinks Utah need 3 ??
      Gordon Hayward is IMHO multi talented high seeling player. I’d rather say Utah need 2,
      Alec Burks is not and won’t be as good as Hayward. thats why maybe Selden would fit?
      If Utah will have 3-5 pick. Jabari and Andrew are obvious choices.

abrownii
      Participant

The C is a big need, and Cauley-Stein would be a good fit. However, Julius Randle needs to be taking by Philly if Parker and Wiggins are off the board. Why? Because he’ll give Philly a goto scorer. And he’s fit the mold of Philly’s game. Cauley-Stein would block shots and be great because Hinkie is about player development. The kick is Philly has 2 picks in 1st rd. Its own (top 5) And NOH 1st rd pick from the Jrue Holiday trade (Top 3 Protected). So Randle with the highest pick and Stein/Embiid/ or Austin (with a big year).

abrownii
      Participant

The C is a big need, and Cauley-Stein would be a good fit. However, Julius Randle needs to be taking by Philly if Parker and Wiggins are off the board. Why? Because he’ll give Philly a goto scorer. And he’s fit the mold of Philly’s game. Cauley-Stein would block shots and be great because Hinkie is about player development. The kick is Philly has 2 picks in 1st rd. Its own (top 5) And NOH 1st rd pick from the Jrue Holiday trade (Top 3 Protected). So Randle with the highest pick and Stein/Embiid/ or Austin (with a big year).

JoeWolf1

Doug McDermott is one of my favorite NCAA players, but he’s not a top 10 pick. He’s got a lot of skills and a great head on his shoulders, but the concerns about his ball handling and ability to guard and operate on the perimter are valid. I am sure McDermott will find a way to stick in the league, but I think it’s in a role where he can stretch forwards out to 25 feet and create space.

I think Doug is a guy taken in the 20’s because of what he does well, the bad thing is that I do feel he’s close to his ceiling because he is so skilled and he has limited athletic ability. He’s done nothing but tear it up at every level he’s played in ( U19, D1 and NBA caliber prospects he’s played against ) so it’s not like he’s not an NBA player. He is, I just think his role is going to be dropping 7 or 8 points off the bench for 10 years, and those kind of guys you don’t try to nab in the top 10.

JoeWolf1

Doug McDermott is one of my favorite NCAA players, but he’s not a top 10 pick. He’s got a lot of skills and a great head on his shoulders, but the concerns about his ball handling and ability to guard and operate on the perimter are valid. I am sure McDermott will find a way to stick in the league, but I think it’s in a role where he can stretch forwards out to 25 feet and create space.

I think Doug is a guy taken in the 20’s because of what he does well, the bad thing is that I do feel he’s close to his ceiling because he is so skilled and he has limited athletic ability. He’s done nothing but tear it up at every level he’s played in ( U19, D1 and NBA caliber prospects he’s played against ) so it’s not like he’s not an NBA player. He is, I just think his role is going to be dropping 7 or 8 points off the bench for 10 years, and those kind of guys you don’t try to nab in the top 10.

the I in win
      Participant

To me he falls in line with what Mike Miller does currently; fundamentally sound with a well rounded game with a focus on the three ball, decent rebounder and passer but average defender at his best.

the I in win
      Participant

To me he falls in line with what Mike Miller does currently; fundamentally sound with a well rounded game with a focus on the three ball, decent rebounder and passer but average defender at his best.

JoeWolf1

I dunno, Mike Miller has played half his career as a shooting guard. I always thought Miller played more like a big shooting guard, while McDermott plays like a small stretch 4. I get what you are saying role wise, but I think McDermott will be used more as an offensive spark plug not only stretching the floor, but going down low against smaller small forwards, while the Mike Miller of the 2010’s really only shoots open 3’s.

I don’t know if you remember Brian Cardinal before his slew of injuries, but he was a 20 mpg bench player who was gritty, but also stepped out and nailed 3’s to the tune of 8 or 9 ppg off the bench. I think that’s his NBA role.

JoeWolf1

I dunno, Mike Miller has played half his career as a shooting guard. I always thought Miller played more like a big shooting guard, while McDermott plays like a small stretch 4. I get what you are saying role wise, but I think McDermott will be used more as an offensive spark plug not only stretching the floor, but going down low against smaller small forwards, while the Mike Miller of the 2010’s really only shoots open 3’s.

I don’t know if you remember Brian Cardinal before his slew of injuries, but he was a 20 mpg bench player who was gritty, but also stepped out and nailed 3’s to the tune of 8 or 9 ppg off the bench. I think that’s his NBA role.

rocketdan9
    Participant

Doug mcdermott will be a silent killer and great 6th man in the nba. Will be a valuable piece to a contending team but not so much for a rebuilding team. Late teens -25 pick

rocketdan9
    Participant

Doug mcdermott will be a silent killer and great 6th man in the nba. Will be a valuable piece to a contending team but not so much for a rebuilding team. Late teens -25 pick

rocketdan9
    Participant

A bold prediction. Even though wiggins might go 1, selden, randle, saric, gordon In no order will end up being the best coming out of this draft.

rocketdan9
    Participant

A bold prediction. Even though wiggins might go 1, selden, randle, saric, gordon In no order will end up being the best coming out of this draft.

ColdCuts
    Participant

You all don’t know basketball so you telling me Utah can win consistently with Hayward at the 3 spot, spare me please. He’s no match for; Lebron, Melo, Durant, Batum, Gay, Gallinari, George, and Deng. Hayward can’t slow none of these guys down so don’t say Utah is good at the 3 spot they must up grade

jmarg25
      Participant

I think most of us agree that Hayward isn’t a star and Utah could use an upgrade, but GRIII isn’t that much better to me, if he is at all. Also, I find it hard seeing Utah finishing better than Orlando, Charlotte, and Sacramento. Their starting lineup is all young guys, and they have virtually no bench.

jmarg25
      Participant

I think most of us agree that Hayward isn’t a star and Utah could use an upgrade, but GRIII isn’t that much better to me, if he is at all. Also, I find it hard seeing Utah finishing better than Orlando, Charlotte, and Sacramento. Their starting lineup is all young guys, and they have virtually no bench.

ColdCuts
    Participant

You all don’t know basketball so you telling me Utah can win consistently with Hayward at the 3 spot, spare me please. He’s no match for; Lebron, Melo, Durant, Batum, Gay, Gallinari, George, and Deng. Hayward can’t slow none of these guys down so don’t say Utah is good at the 3 spot they must up grade

qDizzle32
    Participant

I am 99.9 percent sure that Willie Cauley-Stein will not get drafted before Julius Randle. Even as a Kentucky fan, I find WCS being very overrated. Don’t get me wrong he has crazy athleticism for a 7 footer but he is extremely raw on offense and I don’t think his ceiling is anywhere near as high as everybody thinks it is.

qDizzle32
    Participant

I am 99.9 percent sure that Willie Cauley-Stein will not get drafted before Julius Randle. Even as a Kentucky fan, I find WCS being very overrated. Don’t get me wrong he has crazy athleticism for a 7 footer but he is extremely raw on offense and I don’t think his ceiling is anywhere near as high as everybody thinks it is.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Just pointing out the obvious but anybody who would have made a 2013 Mock Draft in 2012 with Anthony Bennett and Victor Oladipo as the first two picks would have gotten negged big time.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Just pointing out the obvious but anybody who would have made a 2013 Mock Draft in 2012 with Anthony Bennett and Victor Oladipo as the first two picks would have gotten negged big time.

scliddiard
    Participant

If you follow the Jazz very close you’d know that Hayward’s best position is the 2 and so a long athletic 3 is exactly what we need, I don’t see the Jazz being as bad as many on this site think but if they do finish in the bottom 5 I’d be OK with that since this draft is so strong. Obviously Wiggins would be the pick but if not him, Parker would be great. Another point about Hayward is his defense is very good, watch him alittle more , he moves his feet well, is strong, plays good position, actually blocks shots well, ask Kobe about Haywards D, he praises him for it. He’s tough.
    The Jazz could also use another point guard, (a bigger one) either as a back up to Burke or to start and push Burke to the backup spot, also a player like Randle would be great, he can be versatile and would fit well in a rotation with Favors and Kanter, with 2 picks in this draft I’m hoping they can get two good players to augment what they have. I actually really like McGary, skilled, smart, versatile. Saric would be a good fit too. Like I said, ,I don’t see the Jazz finishing in the bottom 5 , Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Burke, IMO too much talent to finish that low, getting a Wiggins or Parker or Randle would be worth it though.

scliddiard
    Participant

If you follow the Jazz very close you’d know that Hayward’s best position is the 2 and so a long athletic 3 is exactly what we need, I don’t see the Jazz being as bad as many on this site think but if they do finish in the bottom 5 I’d be OK with that since this draft is so strong. Obviously Wiggins would be the pick but if not him, Parker would be great. Another point about Hayward is his defense is very good, watch him alittle more , he moves his feet well, is strong, plays good position, actually blocks shots well, ask Kobe about Haywards D, he praises him for it. He’s tough.
    The Jazz could also use another point guard, (a bigger one) either as a back up to Burke or to start and push Burke to the backup spot, also a player like Randle would be great, he can be versatile and would fit well in a rotation with Favors and Kanter, with 2 picks in this draft I’m hoping they can get two good players to augment what they have. I actually really like McGary, skilled, smart, versatile. Saric would be a good fit too. Like I said, ,I don’t see the Jazz finishing in the bottom 5 , Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Burke, IMO too much talent to finish that low, getting a Wiggins or Parker or Randle would be worth it though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login