This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Siggy 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

I know this is UNLV homerism, but hear me out. UNLV has five juniors who are all transfers. They have Bryce Dejean-Jones, Khem Birch, Roscoe Smith, DeVille Smith, and Jelan Kendrick. How come none of them are in the 2014 mock NBA Draft right now? I saw Khem Birch and Roscoe Smith in there before the start of the season, but now they’re not in there. What about the other three guys as well? I think at least two of the five guys I listed will be drafted and/or enter the draft in 2014.

Also, how does Memphis not have any player in the 2014 mock NBA Draft? Isn’t Joe Jackson good enough to play in the NBA?

Jdean24
    Participant

Khem Birch and Roscoe Smith will both be NBA players in my estimation. The problem with UNLV is that its not a east coast team therefore does not get the national pub. that others do. So these days are a little less know. They will be drafted an be solid but not dominate in the league. As for Joe Jackson I find it crazy he isn’t on their mock he woulld have been a fight round pick this year, I know nexts years class is stronger but JJ should still find his way into the mock.

Jdean24
    Participant

Khem Birch and Roscoe Smith will both be NBA players in my estimation. The problem with UNLV is that its not a east coast team therefore does not get the national pub. that others do. So these days are a little less know. They will be drafted an be solid but not dominate in the league. As for Joe Jackson I find it crazy he isn’t on their mock he woulld have been a fight round pick this year, I know nexts years class is stronger but JJ should still find his way into the mock.

Siggy
    Participant

Khem Birch is most definitely an NBA prospect. I think he would’ve been in the draft this yr and would’ve been a first rounder if he picked a better coach to play for. Dave Rice is garbage.
    Birch’s quick leaping ability and lateral quickness for a big is very Kenyon Martin-esque.

ph90702

Last year was only Dave Rice’s second year as a head coach. But, don’t get me wrong. UNLV has lost four years in a row in the NCAA Tournament as the higher seed, and it’s been very disappointing (twice under Kruger, twice under Rice). I think the Rebels will look much better next year. He finally has the personnel to run what he wants. Also, he’s going to utilize a full court press next year. Finally, there’s not really going to be an emphasis on positions next year.

ph90702

Last year was only Dave Rice’s second year as a head coach. But, don’t get me wrong. UNLV has lost four years in a row in the NCAA Tournament as the higher seed, and it’s been very disappointing (twice under Kruger, twice under Rice). I think the Rebels will look much better next year. He finally has the personnel to run what he wants. Also, he’s going to utilize a full court press next year. Finally, there’s not really going to be an emphasis on positions next year.

Siggy
        Participant

And what did you like that you saw out of Dave Rice even in just his second year?
        I’m just an outsider but I saw a number of UNLV games and I came away thinking that they were one of the worst coached teams who were ranked during the season. They played like a college AAU team with mistakes, poor decisions, bad shot selection all over the place and spotty effort on defense. They played fast, but out of control and with no tact.

Siggy
        Participant

And what did you like that you saw out of Dave Rice even in just his second year?
        I’m just an outsider but I saw a number of UNLV games and I came away thinking that they were one of the worst coached teams who were ranked during the season. They played like a college AAU team with mistakes, poor decisions, bad shot selection all over the place and spotty effort on defense. They played fast, but out of control and with no tact.

Siggy
    Participant

Khem Birch is most definitely an NBA prospect. I think he would’ve been in the draft this yr and would’ve been a first rounder if he picked a better coach to play for. Dave Rice is garbage.
    Birch’s quick leaping ability and lateral quickness for a big is very Kenyon Martin-esque.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login