This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Terpsbball10 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    treytalkssports.com
    Participant

Wiggins is the first Franchise Tier One prospect since Durant or Rose so far. Check out the rest.

http://nbadrafttiers.blogspot.com/p/2014-players-of-draft-interest.html

alinge
    Participant

I have seen Mario Hezonja play personally a couple of times and you should really check him out, he is a massive headcase but has the potential to be the best European shooting guard to come to the NBA. He is 6″7 and can play PG,SG or SF, is a great playmaker, scores in bunches and has great athleticism, would seem perfect for franchise tier three to me. In my opinion he is the 3rd best prospect next year after Wiggins and Parker. Definitely best Euro prospect the greek kid who is compared to Luol Deng will enter draft in 2013 probably and honestly is only a borderline 2nd round prospect.

treytalkssports.com
      Participant

What team does he play for? Any idea where i can watch a full game of his? Any links to his stats?

I have him listed as a Glue Tier One prospect, which means i expect him to be a sixth man or starter. That is my analysis based on youtube videos, which really doesn’t show who the player his.

Moon River
    Participant

I don’t know if the angle is just weird in that first pic of Wiggins dunking, but he looks like he is WAY up there.

alinge
    Participant

Plays for Barcelona B in Spanish lower levels, but has also played a couple of games for Barcelona first team which is phenomenal for his age

Stats for Barcelona B 24.0 mpg, 15.0 ppg, 49.3% fg, 31.3 3pt%, 1.8 apg, 0.8 bpg, 2.0 spg

A few video links for him (he is no.8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eoeg_NfN4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqz5XmMrZLo

I don’t want to sound like euroballer, but this guy has bigtime star potential and has as much potential as any European in a long time I include Rubio and Gasol. One day soon a big superstar is going to come from Europe and that may be Hezonja, but if he cannot sort his behaviour out he could have a problem in the NBA

clickthumbsdowntonegme
      Participant

the stats arent bad and the competition is pretty good. from these videos i cant see much but i hope there is more to it. if most of his skills are showcased from these videos then he has holes in his game still. i didnt see him take it strong to the rack much or posting anybody. i didnt see any special quickness. i saw him heavily favoring his right side, just to name a few.

pohani komarac
        Participant

his dominate hand is right, defenetly. imo evrey game there are few sets for his post game in his team. there he usually relay on quicness, not skills so far, and converts thios sets usuly on good level. either he scores or he gets foul. defenetly has holes in his game, but i’m very happy with his impruvment

I don’t know where he stands in those tiers, but here is my update I wrote about him few days ago on Real GM

From what I saw he made big step on defense, not finding him self out of position and does not gabmle like he did in past. Also reding plays better. From time to time there were some posesions when he got motivated whre he playd lock down defense. From beginig of seson till now he defenetly cuted down stupid fouls. But still there are moments when he shows 0 desire geting back on defense, especially if he makes turnover, and still must read plays better and impruve in positionig

On ofense he is still impulsive scorer, not haveng consistacy wich shows lack of go to moves for now. Pretey much in all games he playd this season he has 1 or 2 moments in 5 min. span where he wold score 10-15 points and 5-6 for rest of minutes. He did cuted down bad shoots, but far from good level. Still sometimes jack 3’s from 10 meters with no reason. He is still worst when he has cold night. Insted of wating for game to come to him on bad day, he is still trying to score at evrey posesion focing game in such situations.

Still shooting to much insted of using peenetration. Usually takes lot step back jumpers, but makes them in low %. for now. Prety much it’s because he plays in mostly in 1 speed and 1 direction, rerley being able to change sped and diretion in dribling. That is area where he will have to work alot. He can finish with left hand, but when he goes left (teams forcing him on that side allways sice they cant stop him when he drives right) usualy ends with pull up jumper. Left hand need lot of work defenetly. Area where he is dominat is stright lane drive from hand off on right hand. But rerley used and also all teams now know that and are prepared for it. There few sets made for him for back to basket, he is not gret in that area but OK for his age. Area where there are not much impruvments is off ball game. This is area where he should work alot, but so far does not use or understand how to move without ball in position offense besides fen cuts for alley up. Since he has natrual fast shoot he could be dedly of screan shooter but he just not using that game at moment

His passing and court vision is underated. He is not Magic, but sees court well. From time to time makes bad decicions, sometimes even trying be flashy but he is realy ok, made lot ipruvment as well. In game he is often used as pick and roll ballhandler, often makes right decisin where he racognize defense to pass for roller or to pase on side. On bad note when he plays pick and roll all teams forcing him go left wich he never uses penetration to break down defense (he did on right hand before teams scouted him tough), all ends with pass or pull up jump shoot

Overall I’m qite happy with his impruvment, considering how he looked 2 years ago. This is his frist season playing organised basketball with seaniors (not great level, but more then good level for his age) and should not be forgaten he missed almost full season of learnig and that he is not practicing with team that he plays, but with first team what makes him bit togher for him

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Hmm interesting I will be watching out for Hezonja in the future but good website it’s something different and another way to look at the nba draft,I will look forward to seeing the update you will be making

machu46
    Participant

As a Cuse fan, I don’t see Rakeem as having all-star potential at all. I think he’s more of a glue guy, and that’s only if he improves over the offseason. I’d like to see Syracuse give him the ball more though. He works his butt off to get position on the block even though he never gets the ball.

And regarding Jerami Grant, absolutely agree that he could be a borderline all-star, but I don’t think he’s a Richard Jefferson kinda guy. We’ll see how he develops, but as of right now, he’s more reminiscent of a faceup PF with great athleticism and above average ball-handling for a PF. I’m really excited to see him develop.

Terpsbball10
    Participant

Wheres Kasey Hill? Andrew Harrison is Rodney Stuckey?

I’d go

Superstar tier: WIggins, Jabari, Kasey HIll, Andrew Harrison

2nd tier: James Young, Julius Randle, Noah Vonleh, Aaron Harrison, Aaron Gordon, Steven Adams

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login