This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar arjundhanoa 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    eurethra franklin
    Participant

I know this draft is deep, but is anybody at the top going to be an absolute superstar in 5 years? I see a lot of Jrue Holiday, Rudy Gay type potential in it. My question is, are there any guys that have say, Rik Smits or Mark Price potential? Franchise leaders/players?

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Yes, there are a few. Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon. I wouldn’t say they have Rik Smits or Mark Price like potential, but they could lead a franchise. Both them could lead a franchise with the right coaching and work ethic. And you have to consider Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins in that conversation as well. This draft is very deep. You could find a potential starter or at least a role player with just an early second rounder in this draft. 

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Yes, there are a few. Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon. I wouldn’t say they have Rik Smits or Mark Price like potential, but they could lead a franchise. Both them could lead a franchise with the right coaching and work ethic. And you have to consider Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins in that conversation as well. This draft is very deep. You could find a potential starter or at least a role player with just an early second rounder in this draft. 

anthony_DavIS23
    Participant

Haahhaahah this draft has plenty of talent bro. At least one of Embiid, Wiggins, Parker will be superstars (better than Rik Smits loooool) And after them I’m sure there will be sleepers that turn out to be multiple all-stars etc… This draft is much… much stronger than most drafts especially at the top with 3 possible superstars.

anthony_DavIS23
    Participant

Haahhaahah this draft has plenty of talent bro. At least one of Embiid, Wiggins, Parker will be superstars (better than Rik Smits loooool) And after them I’m sure there will be sleepers that turn out to be multiple all-stars etc… This draft is much… much stronger than most drafts especially at the top with 3 possible superstars.

arjundhanoa
    Participant

Wow, I hope to hell that this draft class can at least give us a Rik Smits caliber ‘superstar.’ Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Smits as much as the next guy, but the former #2 overall pick never averaged 8 boards a game, made all of 1 all star appearance(s), and never cracked 18 ppg.

Mark Price on the other hand was a straight baller.

But back to this year’s class, what makes you so skeptical about the potential of this year’s crop?

Parker is a pure scorer, perhaps a coachable Carmelo type.

Wiggins is at the very least a Tayshaun Prince type player because of his defensive impact. Don’t forget Prince was an Allstar in his prime. And whichever team drafts Wiggins will almost certainly hand him the keys to the offense, so I’m fairly confident his offensive game will catch up. The NBA is so much more of an open game compared to college, truly elite atheletes almost always find a way to get 20 a night.

Embiid is being compared to Hakeem. He’s extremely coordinated and at the very least will be an impact defender who also kills it on the glass. Downside is a hybrid DeAndre/Ibaka.

Marcus Smart is a hybrid Russ/Wade/Lillard. Sure his shot isn’t great just now, but pretty much every elite athelete manages to develop a 3pt shot once they hit the pros.

And while I know he hasn’t been hyped as the same caliber of prospect, that UCLA kid Zach Lavine drops the trey and just put up a 46 inch vertical.

Aaron Gordon & Exum are also getting a lot of love for their perceived upsides.

Don’t even get me started on the rest of the draft.

There are gonna be a whole lot of qualty players coming out of this draft, and I’d bet at least 5-6 all stars. It reminds me a lot of the 96 draft, where guys like ‘Toine, McDyess, Ray Allen, Jermaine etc. were all taken with mid to late lottery selections.

This is easily the best group of incoming pros since LBJ & crew made the jump.

Sit back, relax & enjoy, cuz these kids r gonna be entertaining us through 2030, u best believe it.

arjundhanoa
    Participant

Wow, I hope to hell that this draft class can at least give us a Rik Smits caliber ‘superstar.’ Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Smits as much as the next guy, but the former #2 overall pick never averaged 8 boards a game, made all of 1 all star appearance(s), and never cracked 18 ppg.

Mark Price on the other hand was a straight baller.

But back to this year’s class, what makes you so skeptical about the potential of this year’s crop?

Parker is a pure scorer, perhaps a coachable Carmelo type.

Wiggins is at the very least a Tayshaun Prince type player because of his defensive impact. Don’t forget Prince was an Allstar in his prime. And whichever team drafts Wiggins will almost certainly hand him the keys to the offense, so I’m fairly confident his offensive game will catch up. The NBA is so much more of an open game compared to college, truly elite atheletes almost always find a way to get 20 a night.

Embiid is being compared to Hakeem. He’s extremely coordinated and at the very least will be an impact defender who also kills it on the glass. Downside is a hybrid DeAndre/Ibaka.

Marcus Smart is a hybrid Russ/Wade/Lillard. Sure his shot isn’t great just now, but pretty much every elite athelete manages to develop a 3pt shot once they hit the pros.

And while I know he hasn’t been hyped as the same caliber of prospect, that UCLA kid Zach Lavine drops the trey and just put up a 46 inch vertical.

Aaron Gordon & Exum are also getting a lot of love for their perceived upsides.

Don’t even get me started on the rest of the draft.

There are gonna be a whole lot of qualty players coming out of this draft, and I’d bet at least 5-6 all stars. It reminds me a lot of the 96 draft, where guys like ‘Toine, McDyess, Ray Allen, Jermaine etc. were all taken with mid to late lottery selections.

This is easily the best group of incoming pros since LBJ & crew made the jump.

Sit back, relax & enjoy, cuz these kids r gonna be entertaining us through 2030, u best believe it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login