This topic contains 40 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JamesBaker3195 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    drk3351
    Participant

On this website recently there seems to be a lot of talk about potential busts, but how about steals. Comment guys you think can be solid players and can contribute at the next level who are projected mid 2nd round, there are few players who do, as most 2nd round picks are out of the league within 2 or 3 years, if not immediately . Mine to watch out for:

Mike Muscala
    Tony Snell
    Reggie Bullock
    Deshaun Thomas
    Andre Roberson.

nick5354
    Participant

Steven Adams for me. I know he didn’t exactly explode at Pitt but there is just something about him that makes me think he will do so much more at the next level. So good on the offensive glass and on the block. Love his size and i think he has heaps of upside . Not a focal point in the Pitt offense, but was pretty efficient when he scored.

If he goes where most have him around 18-24, i think it would be a massive steal.

nick5354
    Participant

Steven Adams for me. I know he didn’t exactly explode at Pitt but there is just something about him that makes me think he will do so much more at the next level. So good on the offensive glass and on the block. Love his size and i think he has heaps of upside . Not a focal point in the Pitt offense, but was pretty efficient when he scored.

If he goes where most have him around 18-24, i think it would be a massive steal.

JoeWolf1

I think after the combine and team workouts Adams’ range will be more like 8-16. If he does slip to the 20’s then I agree with you, you can’t teach 7 foot tall and athletic.

JoeWolf1

I think after the combine and team workouts Adams’ range will be more like 8-16. If he does slip to the 20’s then I agree with you, you can’t teach 7 foot tall and athletic.

drk3351
    Participant

Also anyone else high on Jackie Carmichael? He is 6’9 strong PF, who is excellent rebounder, defender, and athlete. Noit great offesnive skills but he did average 17 points last year in 30 minutes albeit for Illinois St. But still could be a good pick.

drk3351
    Participant

Also anyone else high on Jackie Carmichael? He is 6’9 strong PF, who is excellent rebounder, defender, and athlete. Noit great offesnive skills but he did average 17 points last year in 30 minutes albeit for Illinois St. But still could be a good pick.

JoeWolf1

Carmichael got my attention last season, he’s big, pretty skilled and has NBA athleticism. He could be a nice pickup, but with him not participating in the PIT or being invited to the combine he’s going to have to really show up in individual team workouts to stand a shot at getting drafted. Regardless, I think he could stick in the league if he gets the shot.

JoeWolf1

Carmichael got my attention last season, he’s big, pretty skilled and has NBA athleticism. He could be a nice pickup, but with him not participating in the PIT or being invited to the combine he’s going to have to really show up in individual team workouts to stand a shot at getting drafted. Regardless, I think he could stick in the league if he gets the shot.

JoeWolf1

Just saw he got the invite to Chicago, this is a big break for him. In game, I saw him block a shot and his head was right by the rim, he’s gonna test really well for a guy his size.

JoeWolf1

Just saw he got the invite to Chicago, this is a big break for him. In game, I saw him block a shot and his head was right by the rim, he’s gonna test really well for a guy his size.

B Eazy
    Participant

Brandon Davies

B Eazy
    Participant

Brandon Davies

myers3425
    Participant

One person that comes to mind is Michael Snaer. He never really lived up to the hype that he had coming out of high school but had made a name for himself as a solid defender I could see him as a Tony Allen type and being slotted late in the second round I would consider this a steal. Also if Myck Kabongo goes in the second round he could be looked at as the steal of the draft 5 yrs from now

myers3425
    Participant

One person that comes to mind is Michael Snaer. He never really lived up to the hype that he had coming out of high school but had made a name for himself as a solid defender I could see him as a Tony Allen type and being slotted late in the second round I would consider this a steal. Also if Myck Kabongo goes in the second round he could be looked at as the steal of the draft 5 yrs from now

fcb206
    Participant

Elias Harris. Real blue collar guy, can do a lot of things well on offense, a willing banger on the boards and defending the post despite physical limitations. Just lacks a position. Not enough quickness or handles to play the wing, and he’s not big enough to be considered a power forward. Also just an average athlete. I think he get snatched up in the second round and will be a solid rotation player in the NBA who knows his role and busts his butt.

fcb206
    Participant

Elias Harris. Real blue collar guy, can do a lot of things well on offense, a willing banger on the boards and defending the post despite physical limitations. Just lacks a position. Not enough quickness or handles to play the wing, and he’s not big enough to be considered a power forward. Also just an average athlete. I think he get snatched up in the second round and will be a solid rotation player in the NBA who knows his role and busts his butt.

417basketballfan
    Participant

pierre jackson. You can’t teach speed and his explosion. There’s a chance his game could help him become a nice backup in the league

417basketballfan
    Participant

pierre jackson. You can’t teach speed and his explosion. There’s a chance his game could help him become a nice backup in the league

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Brandon Davies
    Pierre Jackson
    Trevor Mbakwe

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Brandon Davies
    Pierre Jackson
    Trevor Mbakwe

Biggysmalls
    Participant

Reggie Bullock, Tim Hardaway, and Glen Rice are my sleepers. I’ve heard rumors that Rice could sneak into the top 20 but as of now I’m assuming all 3 go from 25 to 50. I think all 3 could develop nicely into solid rotation players. I could see Bullock developing into a decent starter or strong 7th man/3 and D guy off the bench (Dudley/Webster).

Biggysmalls
    Participant

Reggie Bullock, Tim Hardaway, and Glen Rice are my sleepers. I’ve heard rumors that Rice could sneak into the top 20 but as of now I’m assuming all 3 go from 25 to 50. I think all 3 could develop nicely into solid rotation players. I could see Bullock developing into a decent starter or strong 7th man/3 and D guy off the bench (Dudley/Webster).

Tiger1313
    Participant

I can’t help but think if Snaer or Vander Blue ends up in Chicago they could really thrive. I think Thibodeau could turn them into good players.

Tiger1313
    Participant

I can’t help but think if Snaer or Vander Blue ends up in Chicago they could really thrive. I think Thibodeau could turn them into good players.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

At least one of the many good lead guards of this draft (Kabongo, Brown, Goodwin, or Green) will fall out of the first round. I think the team that scoops up one of them at the top of the second will have a steal.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

At least one of the many good lead guards of this draft (Kabongo, Brown, Goodwin, or Green) will fall out of the first round. I think the team that scoops up one of them at the top of the second will have a steal.

JordanC20
    Participant

I’m gonna go ahead and say Archie Goodwin

JordanC20
    Participant

I’m gonna go ahead and say Archie Goodwin

Sewok15
    Participant

I think Ray McCallum will have a successful NBA career. He is good off the dribble and can get to the foul line. I think he can be a good backup point guard off the bench down the road. He could end up having a Carlos Arroyo type career.

Sewok15
    Participant

I think Ray McCallum will have a successful NBA career. He is good off the dribble and can get to the foul line. I think he can be a good backup point guard off the bench down the road. He could end up having a Carlos Arroyo type career.

Wejustwin504
    Participant

Reggie Bullock will be a steal. 6’7 with long arms, rebounds very well for position and defended opposing teams best perimeter player every game at UNC. not to mention we have all seen the 3 point stroke. Will be a good player.

Wejustwin504
    Participant

Reggie Bullock will be a steal. 6’7 with long arms, rebounds very well for position and defended opposing teams best perimeter player every game at UNC. not to mention we have all seen the 3 point stroke. Will be a good player.

hbomb3300
    Participant

I’ll go with James Southerland, who can play power forward off the bench and drain 3s, and Ricardo Ledo, who has huge upside for someone who will probably be picked in the 2nd round.

hbomb3300
    Participant

I’ll go with James Southerland, who can play power forward off the bench and drain 3s, and Ricardo Ledo, who has huge upside for someone who will probably be picked in the 2nd round.

CavFanPR
    Participant

Archie Goodwin is the biggest sleeper. Can’t believe mocks placed him in the late first round. He’s a lottery talent, especially in this years draft.

CavFanPR
    Participant

Archie Goodwin is the biggest sleeper. Can’t believe mocks placed him in the late first round. He’s a lottery talent, especially in this years draft.

TRC1991
    Participant

Colton Iverson – He really impressed me watching him in the NCAA tourney, hes got a legit post game, and has some similar skills as Marc Gasol — he could be a steal in the 50’s

TRC1991
    Participant

Colton Iverson – He really impressed me watching him in the NCAA tourney, hes got a legit post game, and has some similar skills as Marc Gasol — he could be a steal in the 50’s

JamesBaker3195
    Participant

Archie Goodwin
    Ricardo Ledo
    Pierre Jackson
    Myck Kabongo
    Glen Rice jr
    Steven Adams

JamesBaker3195
    Participant

Archie Goodwin
    Ricardo Ledo