This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ItsVictorOladipo 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/01/17/another-classic-lakers-celts-dominate-starting-lineups-for-2013-all-star-game/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

East

C Kevin Garnett

F Carmelo Anthony

F LeBron James

G Dwyane Wade

G Rajon Rondo

West

C Dwight Howard

F Blake Griffin

F Kevin Durant

G Kobe Bryant

G Chris Paul

No MAJOR surprises, no Jeremy Lin. As much as one may believe their are a couple not "deserving" of starting, think that all of them are legitimate All-Stars. Just because one starts does not mean they have to play the most minutes as well, only more than likely are going to start the 1st and 3rd quarters. So, for those "abolish fan voting" people, think this year you will have to take it out a little more on the coaches choices for back-ups.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Kevin Garnett getting the start over both Tyson Chandler or Joakim Noah is mind bogling, but I doubt he plays heavy minutes anyway. Everything else is valid, though.

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

Where is Tim Duncan? Appalling

NickWayne87
    Participant

think it’s PERFECT. Couldn’t have done better myself.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I know everyone gripes over starting and such, just think that getting the best players on the team in general is more important. When the fans choose a guy who is clearly past All-Star status, having a poor season or has spent the season injured, that is one thing. Still, think that Kevin Garnett still would be an All-Star this season, maybe his All-Star game farewell. Timmy will still make the game and if anything, I am guessing Pop is fine with him coming off the bench and not getting the mandatory minutes usually associated with being selected a starter. 

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I would of put Duncan over Griffin….

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

KG and Melo on the same team 0_0

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

When was the last time the ASG had two pairs of players on the same team in both the starting lineups?

This year:

Lebron/Wade & Rondo/KG

Kobe/Dwight & CP3/Blake

MUbballfan
    Participant

Garnett definately should’t be starting, although the center position is weak in the EC this year, especially with Bynum out. He is my 3rd favorite player but the Celtics are bad this year.

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Joakim Noah is having a much better all around season I agree

mini_marz
    Participant

I think Chandler or Noah should be starting both are having a better season and with the Knicks playing well this year they should deserve 2 all stars

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Duncan over Dwight, at least Griffin is on a very good team.

Lindsey
    Participant

Yeah, Id prefer Duncan over Dwight too. Also, the league needs to find a way to up the stakes for this, and even the rookie game too. Been lacking competitiveness for years, and that’s going by normal ASG standards.

Beard13
    Participant

i really don’t pay attention to the all star game anymore. same names every year and a bunch of causal fans voting for the big named players

phila9012
    Participant

Who cares about the all star starters, it is for the fans, not for fairness. The all NBA teams are for the best players. As long as a player like jeremy lin doesnt start I am fine with who ever starts. It would be cool if they tried a draft like what the NHL does one year. You could have the fans vote on 2 captains for each team and let the players and coaches decide the rest regardless of conference.

kingofbums
    Participant

the allstar is about being popular and its fan based. theres no such thing as who is deserving and who is not because thats not what its about anymore. they just care about putting the players on the court that will get them ratings and $$$$$. there will be complaints every year about this stuff and you really shouldnt be surprised by now that there are some players who “shouldnt be on the list”.

kenny smith made a great suggestion last week. he stated that the allstar squads should be selected by whos actually most deserving and one player from each team will be selected by the fans…if that player had not already been selected.

visitor
    Participant

Allstar game is about popularity. It should be for the players who played well in the first half of the season but fans don’t care about that they will just vote for their favorite player.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t care too much about the All-Star game starters so long as a completely undeserving player (i.e Jeremy Lin or someone who hasn’t played like Andrew Bynum) doesn’t get the nod.

There’s not even much prestige in starting in the All-Star game anyway, it’s more of an honor to be All-NBA, first, second or even third team.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login