This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Kayjay 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Jar Of Funky Crumbs
    Participant

CHA & 2nd overall pick of the 2012 NBA Draft (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist) will be facing SAC & 5th overall pick (Thomas Robinson) tonight making their NBA debuts in the Las Vegas SL. Who do you think will get the W? And, Who will have the best numbers?

Participant

For Charlotte’s sake, I hope they win…especially since they are likely sending four of their starting five to play C: Mullens PF: Biyombo SF: MKG PG: Walker…plus Jeffrey Taylor their second round steal (which the only downside is he and MKG are both SF).

Jar Of Funky Crumbs
    Participant

Kemba and MKG will be playing together for the first time! I’m excited about this. Jeff Taylor is also a pretty good player in his own right. As far as the rosters go, CHA has the better of the two teams so it looks like T-Rob is gonna need to put in some extra work tonight.

I actually give CHA the win tonight (believe it or not lol)

85-79 final score somewhere around this margin

MKG finishes with 13 Pts. 7 Rebs. 3 Asts. 2 Stls.

T-Rob finishes with 18 Pts. 13 Rebs. 2 Asts. 2 Blks.

T-Rob is gonna see some double teams during some stretch of the game (summer league or not) I believe, but 18 and 13 are pretty much automatic numbers for him even though he won’t have much help (scoring-wise) just my opinion.

JoeWolf1

I think Jimmer will launch a lot of shots, and probably be the King’s leading summer league scorer.  I think Robinson will end with something along the lines of 15 points 15 rebounds.

I think MKG will rebound really in the summer league setting.  I’m going to predict 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Jar Of Funky Crumbs
      Participant

Yeah I can respect that, I just love both of these guys from a basketball standpoint. They lay it on the line EVERY night, NEVER take plays off and thrive on being competitive. They play the game the right way!

JoeWolf1

I agree with you there and I both think they’ll have more success than many predict they will.  Both kind of get the tag of role player, but I think both guys will make at least a couple all-star games in their careers.

Reaction
    Participant

Man I wish Detroit was in Vegas for this too.. woulda been sick to see the rookies/new players face off.. better competition too. They should have done what Boston does

blood

t rob will go crazy,25 + 10+ and maybe a couple of blocks

BasketBalAllan
    Participant

Summer league does not always translate well to actual nba games but i hope T-Rob dominates tonight. It will also be nice to see Whiteside get decent minutes tonight, i hope he shows some improvment enough to get more than garbage minutes this year.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

I say the Bobcats. Really doubt Robinson see’s doubl teams because coach’s dont put big emphaisis on wins, they want to see if players can defend one on one so Robinson will see single coverage. Plus the defenders are better than what he faced in college and he isn’t the most skilled guy in the post. I think MKG gets at least 20 because of style of play in Summer leagues.

Bostonkings
    Participant

T Rob will probably completely dominate, maybe 24 points and 11 or 12 rebounds, and a couple blocked shots and an assist. MKG maybe 18 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal and a block. Although I really have no doubt in my mind that T Rob will be a better pro than MKG. And I also pick the Kings to win.

Kayjay
    Participant

MAKE THEM CATS PAY FOR PASSING ON YOU! Haha Yeahhhh buddy can’t wait! Not to mention I want to see how much, Hassan whiteside has improved. And I heard Jimmer’s working on being a better PG apparently. He’ll be a good back up.

Kayjay
    Participant

Its quite obvious he isn’t a PG. I kind of feel sorry for T-rob even though he’s trying. Jimmer initiating offense is awful, I know its the summer league. But thats what scares me even more, when he’s on the court his defense is terrible. And if his shot isn’t falling, he is practically…well useless. Sorry…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login