This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar aamir543 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Looking for a simple, Yes or No, but you may go in depth if you like to do so.

Is Jeremy Lamb deserving of a #1 Overall consideration?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Yes

• My personal opinion on this guy, is that he is much well deserving of consideration, but when it boils down to it he will not be. Lamb is not a package in terms of physique, which plays a major factor into why certain guys go #1 Overall. He has does all the little things on the court "intangibles" is what stands out to me, this guy can change a game in the blink of an eye.
    niQ
    Participant

I think the potential is definitely there. He does everything you would need from a typical shooting guard. But like you said, when it all boils down he probably won’t go 1st because GM’s tend to lean towards bigs/size when given the chance.

kdtriv01
    Participant

The emphatic answer is NO. 

While I like Lamb, and I think he is a fine wing player.  I don’t think he is even in top 5 consideration at this point.  I think Davis is the clear 1 at this point.  Barnes and Drummond can catch him fairly quickly.  Sully comes in at 4 and you have to look at miller (Baylor), Kidd-Gilchrist, and Davis (UK), and even Jones from Baylor is worth consideration

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

NO!! Not Number 1 Overall..I see at least 5 guys that are better pro prospects then him..And as we know,guys that arent in Lottery Mocks right now( Derrick Williams last year) can Raise to be in it by Tournament time…

But right now the way Lamb’s been playing i can see him going Top 3…He has to improve his ball handling,so he can get anywhere on the floor he wants to go…He sometimes panics when he’s double teamed,sometimes it leads to a turnover,but if he had more shifty ball handling moves,he can sometimes get out of it..And he has to attack the basket more..and not settle for the jumper all the time..You want your best player to be your most aggressive player… And he’s got to display more moves then he have right now…

Grandmama
    Participant

@kdtriv….Kidd-Gilchrist, and Davis (UK), and even Jones from Baylor is worth consideration

If you would take Kidd-Gilchrist or Perry Jones over Lamb you’re sick in the head…

kdtriv01
      Participant

kidd-Gilchrist is a very well rounded player.  If I’m drafting in a fantasy league and need points, then your probably right.  If I’m a GM and drafting for the purpose of win’s and loses I’m right.  Davis, on the other hand, is 6-9, can block shots, rebound and score from pretty much anywhere on the floor.  I respect your opinion, but I don’t think too many drafting GM’s would disagree with me.  AS for Jones from Baylor, the kid had an off year last year, but still holds all the potential in the world.  He’s a long shot blocker who can handle the ball.  Don’t get me wrong Lamb is very very good, but I don’t see him as top five.

Hitster
    Participant

The initial idea of Jeremy Lamb as a number 1 pick would be a negative one but when you see him at 3 on Aran’s mock on this site and in the top 10 of most other major mocks then you have to think the guy has a chance to go really high.

The idea that team’s choose big with the first pick is now dead in the water in my opinion with 3 guards having gone first in the last 4 drafts and Shabazz a favourite to go first when he declares as teams have decided to look across the whole of the draft.

You could make a case maybe for 4 or 5 players to be the number one choice next year and whilst I don’t think that Jeremy Lamb will go first he must have a great chance to go top 5 if he continues to perform, a load of teams have young PG’s and would surely consider him an ideal running mate for them.

If he had declared last summer I wonder how high he would have gone alongside his Huskies team mate Kemba Walker?

But surely spending another year under Coach Calhoun and being the go to guy was the right one for him to make.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

"The idea that team’s choose big with the first pick is now dead in the water in my opinion with 3 guards having gone first in the last 4 drafts and Shabazz a favourite to go first when he declares as teams have decided to look across the whole of the draft."

When was the last time a 6’5” SG went #1 Overall?

The 3 PGs that were drafted, were not undersized. No question about it, if Lamb was 6’7” everyone would be drooling over him to go #1 Overall. IMO when it comes to the draft, SGs are just not that much valued as a #1 Overall selection than any other position.

lalaila
    Participant

actually i have seen him listed 6’7 latelly and he really looks pretty tall..

but yes i agree he isn’t #1..the last time sg was drafted first was like 30yrs ago..he is good but not that special 

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

The last SG took No.1 was Allen Iverson, i think. I dont know if he started his career as a PG or SG, since i wasnt even born yet when his career started. But if he was a SG, why did the 76ers think a 6 foot SG would be a good NBA player, even though he was?

aamir543
    Participant

^A fellow youngster, I was born just weeks before AI and Kobe’s career started, lol.

As far as Lamb goes, no…………..but that could change come tourney time. Look, all it takes is for McAdoo to get buried on the NC bench, Harrison Barnes strugling to produce consistently, Drummond coming back for another year, and Sullinger measuring in at 6’9. But even than it’s iffy, but he is definatly playing his way into the conversation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login