This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hale 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Who are your Fav 5 NBA Draft prospects in order?

• Josh Selby – Fell in love with him from Day 1. Reminds me of another one of my favs in Bayless. He looks to be back into HS shape, so I expect a pretty decent Pre-Draft workout.
    • Brandon Knight – As smart as they come on & off the court which is a Major +. He will be a high character guy. Knows how to close out games.
    • Iman Shumpert – I love his versatiliy. He is a guy who is almost the most slept on prospect. I love the fact that he can play either Guard spot. Has a wingspan that I would kill to have at his size.
    • Malcolm Lee – I don’t want to sound redundant, but if he adds a consistant J, he can be Jamal Crawford 2.0 IMO. I really like his ability at 6’5” to be able to play both Guard spots. He will be a very serviceable player for whomever selects him. 
    • Jereme Richmond – Been misused at Illinois. I don’t expect much to come out of him in the NBA for a while. He will be in the D-League until he puts all his tools together.
    steviechillz
    Participant

Mine are:

• Kemba Walker: Come on, who doesn’t love this guy? His run in the Big East tournament was one of the best in Big East history!
    • Jordan Hamilton: This guy can score in ANY way! He has all the tools to be an All Star player in the NBA, hopefully his attitude will catch up with his skill….and I think it will!
    • Andrew Goudelock: This guy can shoot the lights out and can score in so many ways! I hope he can fit in as a scoring punch off the bench in the NBA
    • Jamie Skeen: Hes tough, he can shoot, and was one of the leaders(including Joey Rodrgiuez) of that cinderella run VCU had in the NCAA tournament…could be a good bench player, maybe a poor mans Paul Millsap?
    • Scotty Hopson: Sometimes hes one of my favorite players to watch, sometimes I want to kill him lol….Hes gonna be scoring option off the bench in the NBA and I liken him to a JR smith/Marcus thornton type player
    Kinguy11
    Participant

Mine are:

1. Brandon Knight- Could be like a more althletic Jason terry

Tyler Honeycutt- Liked him from day one, I placed him in the lottery  in my mock draft and since his stock rose I haven’t moved him much since.

3 and 4.Morris Brothers- They are an awesome frontcourt tag-team

Kyrie Irving- Thought it might ruin his career with that injury but with great perseverance he is now projected in the Top 3 in most Mock drafts.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant
    • Kenneth Faried: great player and a really good person… great SI article about him.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1180942/index.htm

• Alec Burks: Saw this guy play at MSG during the NIT and instantly fell in love with his game.
    • Enes Kanter: Have not seen him play a game besides the Nike Hoop Summit game where he went to work. But, I like the way he carries himself off the court during the interviews I have seen of him.
    • Jimmer Fredette: Became one of my favorite players since I first saw him play a few years ago.
    • Bismack Biyombo: Well, I do not really have a fifth favorite but I love saying his name.
    TRC1991
    Participant

1) Derrick Williams- Dude is such a beast. He plays a lot bigger than his 6’8” 240 lb. frame would suggest but hes a good shot blocker, a super strong finisher in the paint, and plays tough!

2) Kenneth Faried- Actually talked to him on a facebook, hes a nice kid, really reserved and humble. But he is a freak of nature when it comes to rebounding and his dreads are sick!

3) Jamie Skeen- Hope he gets picked in the early 2nd round, was a big fan of his watching him play this season, hes mature, experienced, and provides excellent leadership

4) Nolan Smith- I know he doesnt have ridiculous measurements or upside but there comes a point where NBA teams need to realize just how fantastic of a basketball player this guy is

5) Matthew Bryan-Amaning- Being from the Seattle area, cant help but love MBA…he has improved dramatically since he first arrived, the guy is a freaking man in the paint

MagikKnick
    Participant

1. Brandon Knight – Love this kid, love his game, love everything about him, and hes just a great dude
    2. Kemba Walker-Love those New York point guards!
    3. Tyler Honeycutt – Im a fan, love his game…
    4. JSelby/CJoseph/MLee – Im a sucker for point guards? Love the underdogs w/ potential
    5. Charles Jenkins – Went to Hofstra, i live 15 mins away from Hofstra, went to one of his games, he shook my hand…only reason he makes my list 🙂

providencefriars1
    Participant

Well my top two is clearly Jamine Peterson and Marshon Brooks since they are former Friars. My next three are

1. Marcus Morris- Love his versatility, great inside out PF, could make immediate impact

2. Derrick Williams- Great athleticism, extremely skilled 3/4, really interesting to watch

3. Tristan Thompson- I’ve been high on him since the start of the year, great potential, imo he might have the highest upside of anyone in the draft

Gmoney686
    Participant

1. Kemba Walker – good leader and one of the quickest guys in tha draft, great scorer                                     

2. Brandon Knight – good size for pg, can shoot and create for others

3. Kenneth Faried – good built and athleticism a bit undersized for the 4 but a great rebounder and hustles every play

4. K. Leonard – great rebounder at the 3, reminds me of a g. wallace can be a impact player right away depending on who drafts him

5. jajuan Johnson- just like his skill set long and active defender just needs to hit the weight room

bonus : Kind of curious about Bismack it seems like he could be great or a potiental bust ……I just want to see him against so nba guys

scoutguru
    Participant

Alec Burks- Love his slashing ability and shiftiness with the ball and ability to get to the line and draw fouls. Has the ability to play both guard positions. Could see him developing into a Jamal Crawford type playmaker, although he must work on his range. A prospect who is still somewhat raw, has a lot of upside, and at the same time produced, by putting up some great #’s.

Kemba Walker- Gotta rep NY and put my boy up here. Just crazy to see him get to this point. Just a tough kid who won’t back down from any challenge and will do w/e it takes to win. He’s somewhere 

Chandler Parsons- I like his versitiliy and ability to contribute in many diff ways on the court. Just a guy who knows how to play the game and knows where to be on the court on both ends of the floor and the proper play to make. Although he didn’t put up gaudy #’s, was still able to win SEC player of the year due to his all around play. I liked the way he shaked off his rough start of the season and rounded it out playing well. Need to see him gain a lil more consistency on his J to maximize his ability for the next level.

Chris Singleton- We all know about his defensive prowess, can guard positions 2-4 and ability to block shots from the weakside. I like guys who really take pride in playing D, and since he’s stepped on campus, that’s all this kids done. I think he can be just like Kirilenko was providing a level of defense and athleticism to a team that can be real valuable. And his spot up shooting has improved drastically to where he’s really a threat with his feet set, and he’ll only get better in this area while increasing his range to the nba 3 line. I can see why Gottileb would be high on him because of his ability to immediately help a team. But #4 his way too high, maybe 10 at best would be ok for a big board. I’d take Chris over Kawhi.

Tyler Honeycutt- Really would’ve liked to see him stay in school at least another year. He’s wildly inconsistent. That being said, I like his skill set and ability to transition smoothly to the nba 3 spot. Has all the tools you’d want in a wing, ability to shoot, defend, pass, and ability to handle the ball (although he can certainly tighten up his dribble). A player with a good understanding of spacing and when to cut or slash, shows nice b.ball iq. Think he can develop into a solid starter.

scoutguru
    Participant

He’s somewhere between Tim Hardaway and Will Bynum… 

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Derrick Williams=Okay this kid just astounds me. First he is only 6’8 and some scouts consider him to be an undersized power forward, but then I hear that he can shoot the rock like on fire from 3pt range. 60% from 3, that is just unheard of for a kid his size. He too is a gym rat, and plays good D. Every time there is a critic critiquing his ability and saying he is just not that good, he goes out there and just proves them wrong! He is always rises above the opposition and that is what I love about him the most. 

Brandon Knight=Great kid to be around. Clutch, and willing to learn and become a better point guard. He’s a big PG. I really started to fall in love with this kid around tourney time.

Alec Burks=Great passing ability, great slashing ability. Has amazing athletic ability. I just think he will become quite a player in the NBA. I Have always liked Brandon Roy and I think Burks has that same kind of potential to be like him. Needs to improve his jump shot but with his high work ethic, I feel that if he goes to the right team he can improve that.

Kawhi Leonard=Big Hands, huge wingspan, loves to play defense. Improving his jumpshot. A gym rat. What isn’t there to love about this guy?

Tobias Harris= my sleeper pick. Really underrated and had an excellent freshman season even though his team, Tennesee, had a horrendous season. That right there tells you that he is special

JoeWolf1

My Favorites

Marcus and Markeiff Morris : I’ve watched them come into Kansas as raw, out of shape, kinda spazzy freshman who still got PT because of their natural gifts and not only hone their games from a skill standpoint, but maximize their athletic ability by putting in serious dedication to their conditioning.  I think they each put on around 25-30lbs of muscle and their are so much quicker.  You gotta love guys who put in the work to make themselves better players.

Kenneth Faried: Old School, the dude is a throwback and I love it, he reminds me of Rodman when he played with the Pistons before he completely abandoned his offense.  He rebounds does all the dirty work and he’s a fierce competitor.  He’s been on my radar for 2 years and I was glad to see Moorehead win a NCAA tourney game this year.

Chris Singleton: I fell in love with this guy ( no homo) during the ACC and NCAA tournament.  He’s big, tough, can play D and pretty much guard anyone.  He’s never going to flat out fill a stat card, but he’s gonna be a guy any NBA team would love to have on their roster for many years.

Kemba Walker: I would watch U-Conn games just to see him I’d do the same for Jimmer because they were great scorers and fun guys to watch, but although Jimmer is my #6 I picked Kemba over him because I liked I felt he was less of a chucker and had more point skills and played better D. 

Hale
    Participant

1. Josh Selby-I watched one highlight reel on him and I was hooked, I absolutely loved how aggressive and athletic he was.

2. Kemba Walker-Kinda a fan as a freshman, then a little bit more last year, but a huge fan of his now. The way he led U-Conn this year has made me a believer and he will be one of my favorite NBA players.

3. Travis Leslie-His athletcism is incredible, love watching him play.

4. Tristan Thompson-I liked Texas and he quickly became my favorite player for them, I think he will be a pretty good pro.

5. Justin Harper-Just really like his game, he didn’t play great in the NCAA tourney but I still feel he will be a solid pro.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login