This topic contains 48 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Everyone says that HS kids should not be compared to NBA players, but I say how can you say that, when kids from HS who went to the NBA such as LeBron, Kobe etc. were compared to guys. You can’t compare a HS kid to a college kid that is not there peak!

With that being said what are your LEGIT comparisons for the following…….

• Marquis Teague-
    • Myck Kabongo-
    • Josiah Turner-
    • Tony Wroten-
    • Quinn Cook-
    •  
    • Austin Rivers-
    • Brad Beal-
    • Kentavious Caldwell-
    • Wayne Blackshear-
    • Jabari Brown-
    • P.J. Hairston-
    • Nick Johnson-
    • Michael Carter-Williams-
    • Ben McLemore-
    •  
    • Michael Gilchrist-
    • LeBryan Nash-
    • Adonis Thomas-
    • Branden Dawson-
    • Rodney Hood-
    • Dorian Finney-Smith-
    • LaQuinton Ross-
    • Duece Bello-
    •  
    • Anthony Davis-
    • Quincy Miller-
    • James McAdoo-
    • Kyle Wiltjer
    • Cody Zeller-
    •  
    • Khem Birch-
    • Rakeem Christmas-
    • Marshall Plumlee-
    franfran
    Participant

Marquis Teague: Poor man John Wall

Austin Rivers: Rich man OJ Mayo

Brad Beal: Ray Allen / Jordan Crawford

Michael Gilchrist: Gerald Wallace / Tracy McGrady (Toronto)

LeBryan Nash: Ron Artest

Adonis Thomas: Rich man Ronnie Brewer

Anthony Davis: Chris Bosh

Quincy Miller: Poor man Kevin Durant

James McAdoo: James Worthy

bdiddy5115
      Participant

* Marquis Teague-Jerryd Bayless

* Myck Kabongo- Rondo type, with more scoring abilty and less D.

* Austin Rivers- Weaker/thinner Eric Gordon, but with more lateral “shake” to him.

* Brad Beal- James Harden mixed with a little J.Terry

* Michael Gilchrist- Luol Deng

* LeBryan Nash – Poor man’s Melo

* Anthony Davis- Chris Bosh

* Quincy Miller-Darius Miles with some range

bdiddy5115
      Participant

* Marquis Teague-Jerryd Bayless

* Myck Kabongo- Rondo type, with more scoring abilty and less D.

* Austin Rivers- Weaker/thinner Eric Gordon, but with more lateral “shake” to him.

* Brad Beal- James Harden mixed with a little J.Terry

* Michael Gilchrist- Luol Deng

* LeBryan Nash – Poor man’s Melo

* Anthony Davis- Chris Bosh

* Quincy Miller-Darius Miles with some range

franfran
    Participant

Marquis Teague: Poor man John Wall

Austin Rivers: Rich man OJ Mayo

Brad Beal: Ray Allen / Jordan Crawford

Michael Gilchrist: Gerald Wallace / Tracy McGrady (Toronto)

LeBryan Nash: Ron Artest

Adonis Thomas: Rich man Ronnie Brewer

Anthony Davis: Chris Bosh

Quincy Miller: Poor man Kevin Durant

James McAdoo: James Worthy

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant
    I think Austin Rivers is a lot like Monta Ellis. Both explosive and althletic.  Great at taking it to the rim and shooting the 3. Both are great shooters that are ball-dominant no matter if they are play the 1 or the 2.  Both are particularly bad defensively.  Both are good passers and sometimes act like a Point and sometimes like a Shooting guard.  Neither are good rebounders mostly because of their size.  Both have interesting attitudes that are alike.

I think Anthony Davis is a lot like anthony randolph.  Both skinny and very athletic.  Stretch Forwards that play like a SF while mainly playing PF.  Tall with some PG like abilities.  A lot of potential in Davis just like Randolph had coming into the league.  Neither are tremendous defenders but they aren’t bad defenders.  Very solid rebounders for  the PF position.  Davis though is a good passer because he was formerly a PG until he grew a ton.  Randolph didn’t have that luxury and thats why davis is a top 3 pick.  Neither are great shooters not very good off the Dribble but again because davis was a former PG he does have some range and off the dribble ability.
    GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant
    I think Austin Rivers is a lot like Monta Ellis. Both explosive and althletic.  Great at taking it to the rim and shooting the 3. Both are great shooters that are ball-dominant no matter if they are play the 1 or the 2.  Both are particularly bad defensively.  Both are good passers and sometimes act like a Point and sometimes like a Shooting guard.  Neither are good rebounders mostly because of their size.  Both have interesting attitudes that are alike.

I think Anthony Davis is a lot like anthony randolph.  Both skinny and very athletic.  Stretch Forwards that play like a SF while mainly playing PF.  Tall with some PG like abilities.  A lot of potential in Davis just like Randolph had coming into the league.  Neither are tremendous defenders but they aren’t bad defenders.  Very solid rebounders for  the PF position.  Davis though is a good passer because he was formerly a PG until he grew a ton.  Randolph didn’t have that luxury and thats why davis is a top 3 pick.  Neither are great shooters not very good off the Dribble but again because davis was a former PG he does have some range and off the dribble ability.
    Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • LeBryan Nash-Larry Johnson aka Grandma ma is the best ideal comparison I would give

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • LeBryan Nash-Larry Johnson aka Grandma ma is the best ideal comparison I would give

Wreckless
    Participant

Marquis Teague- His Ceiling is Devin Harris
    Myck Kabongo- Rajon Rondo/Patrick Mills (Best Case/Worst Case)
    Tony Wroten- Rodney Stuckey w/ better Court Vision
    Austin Rivers- Monta Ellis/Jerryd Bayless (Best/Worst Case)
    Brad Beal- Eric Gordon/James Harden
    Nick Johnson- J.R. Smith
    Michael Gilchrist- Scottie Pippen
    LeBryan Nash- Ron Artest
    Anthony Davis- Kevin Garnett/ Brandan Wright
    Quincy Miller- Rashard Lewis (Prime)
    James McAdoo- I’ve never actually seen him play, I’ve heard people compare him to James Worthy Khem Birch- Derrick Favors

Wreckless
    Participant

Marquis Teague- His Ceiling is Devin Harris
    Myck Kabongo- Rajon Rondo/Patrick Mills (Best Case/Worst Case)
    Tony Wroten- Rodney Stuckey w/ better Court Vision
    Austin Rivers- Monta Ellis/Jerryd Bayless (Best/Worst Case)
    Brad Beal- Eric Gordon/James Harden
    Nick Johnson- J.R. Smith
    Michael Gilchrist- Scottie Pippen
    LeBryan Nash- Ron Artest
    Anthony Davis- Kevin Garnett/ Brandan Wright
    Quincy Miller- Rashard Lewis (Prime)
    James McAdoo- I’ve never actually seen him play, I’ve heard people compare him to James Worthy Khem Birch- Derrick Favors

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Love the Nick Johnson/J.R. Smith

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Love the Nick Johnson/J.R. Smith

cward23
    Participant

I like McAdoo but people have to stop with the James Worthy comparisions. Worthy was a straight monster. James is good but not Worthy good although his game is similar. I didnt watch Worthy while he was playing but have seen many tapes of him because my uncle is a Tarheel nut. James imo is more like Jamal Mashburn/Marvin Williams with less handles and jump shot(Mashburn). If Worthy out of H.S was going to UNC now he would be starting over Henson easily

Other than that i like FRanFran comparision’s

I also don’t see the Nash L.J Comparison because L.J was much better and more of a PF at the same stage( and a tad bigger at 245 compared to Nash at 225). L.J didnt have the handles at any stage that Nash has though

cward23
    Participant

I like McAdoo but people have to stop with the James Worthy comparisions. Worthy was a straight monster. James is good but not Worthy good although his game is similar. I didnt watch Worthy while he was playing but have seen many tapes of him because my uncle is a Tarheel nut. James imo is more like Jamal Mashburn/Marvin Williams with less handles and jump shot(Mashburn). If Worthy out of H.S was going to UNC now he would be starting over Henson easily

Other than that i like FRanFran comparision’s

I also don’t see the Nash L.J Comparison because L.J was much better and more of a PF at the same stage( and a tad bigger at 245 compared to Nash at 225). L.J didnt have the handles at any stage that Nash has though

Lotto Stud
    Participant

He is "Ron Artest" only due to size/physical stature! Ron Artest does not have the athleticism that Nash has. BTW  you really think Nash will stay at 225lbs because I think not when guys like Melo are 240+

Lotto Stud
    Participant

He is "Ron Artest" only due to size/physical stature! Ron Artest does not have the athleticism that Nash has. BTW  you really think Nash will stay at 225lbs because I think not when guys like Melo are 240+

cward23
    Participant

He has nothing in common to L.J though. And just about every scout ( who has seen him wayyyyyyy more than any of us have) compare him to Artest. Not saying they are right but they have more insight than we do. Has anyone on here seen him play other than T.V and maybe oneor two aau games? That compared to over 40 games for the scouts

cward23
    Participant

He has nothing in common to L.J though. And just about every scout ( who has seen him wayyyyyyy more than any of us have) compare him to Artest. Not saying they are right but they have more insight than we do. Has anyone on here seen him play other than T.V and maybe oneor two aau games? That compared to over 40 games for the scouts

cward23
    Participant

Was just thinking, How about Nash-Deng?

cward23
    Participant

Was just thinking, How about Nash-Deng?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I had the luxury to see Finney-Smith EVERY game, but will that make my comparison any better then the next man just, because I seen him more……..I think not!

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I had the luxury to see Finney-Smith EVERY game, but will that make my comparison any better then the next man just, because I seen him more……..I think not!

cward23
    Participant

Yea pretty much. Because some one who see’s a player one game or two games may have watched him when he was having a good game or great game while you have seen how he would normally play.

This is a reason no team in there right mind will take the word of a scout who seen a player once compared to a scout who has seen a player numerous times. It’s also a reason teams don’t just send their scouts to scout a player once or twice, they send them numerous times. And why college coach’s go watch a recruit a couple of times instead of just once or why teams scout other teams more than once.

cward23
    Participant

Yea pretty much. Because some one who see’s a player one game or two games may have watched him when he was having a good game or great game while you have seen how he would normally play.

This is a reason no team in there right mind will take the word of a scout who seen a player once compared to a scout who has seen a player numerous times. It’s also a reason teams don’t just send their scouts to scout a player once or twice, they send them numerous times. And why college coach’s go watch a recruit a couple of times instead of just once or why teams scout other teams more than once.

cward23
    Participant

Just like Asking for a car fax. 🙂

cward23
    Participant

Just like Asking for a car fax. 🙂

Lotto Stud
    Participant

LeBryan Nash-"he seems like a bigger Corey Maggette, both very physically strong, very good athletes, offensive type minded players without much interest on defense, same style of play and the love to take the ball to the basket, some selfishness."-kobyz

I can accept this over Johnson or Artest

Lotto Stud
    Participant

LeBryan Nash-"he seems like a bigger Corey Maggette, both very physically strong, very good athletes, offensive type minded players without much interest on defense, same style of play and the love to take the ball to the basket, some selfishness."-kobyz

I can accept this over Johnson or Artest

cward23
    Participant

lol..I was just about to put the Corey Maggette one after seeing Kobyz say it in another form. I like that better than Johnson or Artest. Not sure why i never thought about that one

cward23
    Participant

lol..I was just about to put the Corey Maggette one after seeing Kobyz say it in another form. I like that better than Johnson or Artest. Not sure why i never thought about that one

Scottoant93
    Participant

so when you say poor mans melo does that mean he doesn’t play defense, and has little offense, talk about useless haha jk… or am I

Scottoant93
    Participant

so when you say poor mans melo does that mean he doesn’t play defense, and has little offense, talk about useless haha jk… or am I

cward23
    Participant

I think i’ll try more realistic or close to bottom comparisons for these players (because the chances of so many becoming All-Stars are slim)

Rivers-Ellis
    Gilchrist-G.Wallace
    Q.Miller-Stephen Jackson
    McAdoo-Marvin Williams
    A.Davis-Rich man Anthony Randolph
    Beal-E.Gordan/Joe Dumars(after watching him play a couple of times he reminds me so much of Eric Gordan

cward23
    Participant

I think i’ll try more realistic or close to bottom comparisons for these players (because the chances of so many becoming All-Stars are slim)

Rivers-Ellis
    Gilchrist-G.Wallace
    Q.Miller-Stephen Jackson
    McAdoo-Marvin Williams
    A.Davis-Rich man Anthony Randolph
    Beal-E.Gordan/Joe Dumars(after watching him play a couple of times he reminds me so much of Eric Gordan

kobyz
    Participant

James McAdoo very similar as a prospect to this year draft second overall pick Derrick Williams

kobyz
    Participant

James McAdoo very similar as a prospect to this year draft second overall pick Derrick Williams

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The idea is to get Aran to take heed from us guys, to have LEGIT comparisons after all he does take heed to some of us.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The idea is to get Aran to take heed from us guys, to have LEGIT comparisons after all he does take heed to some of us.

cward23
    Participant

Damn Kobyz you keep coming up with comparison’ that make absolute sense

cward23
    Participant

Damn Kobyz you keep coming up with comparison’ that make absolute sense

surve
    Participant

PJ Hairston- Mitch Richmond/Nick Anderson

surve
    Participant

PJ Hairston- Mitch Richmond/Nick Anderson

JNixon
    Participant

Kabongo plays just like Rondo. Both long, wiry pass-1st PG’s with great athleticism and quickness.

Michael Carter-Williams is a long 6’5 combo guard who likes to look for his own shots. He can slash or hit the deep ball some. He reminds me of Manny Harris, who now is with the Cavs.

LeBryan Nash plays alot like Corey Maggette. Aggressive scorer with prototype size for a SF. Can hit the deep ball and shows good athleticism, but doesn’t play D or play very unselfish and has attitude concerns.

JNixon
    Participant

Kabongo plays just like Rondo. Both long, wiry pass-1st PG’s with great athleticism and quickness.

Michael Carter-Williams is a long 6’5 combo guard who likes to look for his own shots. He can slash or hit the deep ball some. He reminds me of Manny Harris, who now is with the Cavs.

LeBryan Nash plays alot like Corey Maggette. Aggressive scorer with prototype size for a SF. Can hit the deep ball and shows good athleticism, but doesn’t play D or play very unselfish and has attitude concerns.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Anymore comparisons? This is your chance to get your legit comparisons out for Aran to take them into consideration…..You can’t get mad or disagree with him if you don’t put your thoughts out there.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Anymore comparisons? This is your chance to get your legit comparisons out for Aran to take them into consideration…..You can’t get mad or disagree with him if you don’t put your thoughts out there.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Nick Johnson- Gerald Henderson

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Nick Johnson- Gerald Henderson

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login