This topic contains 52 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar bdiddy5115 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    surve
    Participant

First Team-

Irving- he will be relied on heavily, so much so his numbers will put him on this team alone

Walker- I would pick Knight here but I think Walker walks into a better situation with his team

Leonard- the system is geared to get early success out of a hard worker like Leonard

Kanter- another guy who walks into a good situation

Valanciunus- ditto

Second Team-

Knight- I just have a feeling that this guy is gonna be one of the best players in this draft when its all said and done, although I forsee chemistry issues with the Pistons early.

Thompson- the Warriors are going to give this guy a lot of run, they want him to get minutes early and often, he comes into a great situation.

Singleton- I like his opportunity in Washington and he will get some easy buckets playing with Wall

Faried- I think he will have an impact sooner than guys like Tristan Thompson and I think his rebounds per minutes will be the best out of this class. 

Markieff Morris- he should be able to have enough impact to make the team

(sorry, no true center on this team)

ROY- I think Walker’s team will see the most improvement so I will go with him although Irving’s numbers may be better.

Yes I left Derrick Williams off this team, I am just not sure how good he will be early on if he plays for the Wolves…I think he will struggle like last year’s 2nd pick, Turner.  Also, the Wolves havent really had any rookies to come in and play great that I can recall except for Love maybe?  I just know that Flynn, Johnson, Ellington, Brewer, all high picks struggled. 

I also think Fredette could have a very good year.

Fritz
    Participant

"ROY- I think Walker’s team will see the most improvement "

Not saying Walker doesnt have a chance but the Bobcats are bound to be the worst team in the league next year after losing Jackson they arent improving their win total. I think the players and management know this team is rebuilding and the Bobcats will have one of the worst if not the worst offense in the league next year. On top of that splitting minutes with Augustine wont help him win ROY.

bdiddy5115
      Participant

1st Team:

– Kemba Walker: Dependent on what occurs with DJ, but I think he’ll see time and be highly productive regardless. 14/3/4

– Kyrie Irving: Will likely split time with Baron, but I expect him to have the full reigns by the 2nd half of the year. 13/2/6

– Marshon Brooks: NJ desperately needs some perimeter scoring, and Brooks should fluorish. 16/3

– Enes Kanter: Has a bunch of bigs to beat out for PT, but should get consistent time by the 2nd half of the year as well. 10/7

– Jimmer Fredette: Mostly because he has a good opportunity to get time and shots. 12/3

2nd Team should have some mix of guys like Derrick Williams (should fluorish if Beasley is dealt), Tristan Thompson, Brandon Knight, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Iman Shumpert, Norris Cole and Andrew Goudelock (sleeper pick).

bdiddy5115
      Participant

1st Team:

– Kemba Walker: Dependent on what occurs with DJ, but I think he’ll see time and be highly productive regardless. 14/3/4

– Kyrie Irving: Will likely split time with Baron, but I expect him to have the full reigns by the 2nd half of the year. 13/2/6

– Marshon Brooks: NJ desperately needs some perimeter scoring, and Brooks should fluorish. 16/3

– Enes Kanter: Has a bunch of bigs to beat out for PT, but should get consistent time by the 2nd half of the year as well. 10/7

– Jimmer Fredette: Mostly because he has a good opportunity to get time and shots. 12/3

2nd Team should have some mix of guys like Derrick Williams (should fluorish if Beasley is dealt), Tristan Thompson, Brandon Knight, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Iman Shumpert, Norris Cole and Andrew Goudelock (sleeper pick).

Fritz
    Participant

"ROY- I think Walker’s team will see the most improvement "

Not saying Walker doesnt have a chance but the Bobcats are bound to be the worst team in the league next year after losing Jackson they arent improving their win total. I think the players and management know this team is rebuilding and the Bobcats will have one of the worst if not the worst offense in the league next year. On top of that splitting minutes with Augustine wont help him win ROY.

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

Valanciunas won’t play next year

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

Valanciunas won’t play next year

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

And the Bobcats will suck next year. As of now, their best player is Corey Maggette. yikes

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

And the Bobcats will suck next year. As of now, their best player is Corey Maggette. yikes

surve
    Participant

when I say improvement I mean as in expectations for the year and comparing what may be the top performers stat wise, with their respective teams, both will suck but Charlotte may exceed expectations giving what they lose and will have to work with.

surve
    Participant

when I say improvement I mean as in expectations for the year and comparing what may be the top performers stat wise, with their respective teams, both will suck but Charlotte may exceed expectations giving what they lose and will have to work with.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Walker- I think he’ll be a good not great nba player but if anyone was gonna do it I could see him having a brandon roy type impact. He had IT in college but idk if IT will transfer over to the nba where hell be facing elite athletes evrynight. He is in a good situation though to put up big numbers.

Williams- He’ll show that he can be a franchise player, forcing Minny to trade Beasley. Besides Love and a very young Wes Johnson and Rubio this team is not very talented so Willianms should get plenty of PT.

Kanter- Potentially the best player in the draft, he’ll remind everyone why he got so much hype after sitting.

Irving- I can see some huge problems potentially depending what happens with Davis but he’s gonna put up good numbers regardless.

Leonard/Faried- Two guys who wont have huge point totals but theyll bring big time defense and rebounding to their teams. Each should be on the court a lot next year.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Walker- I think he’ll be a good not great nba player but if anyone was gonna do it I could see him having a brandon roy type impact. He had IT in college but idk if IT will transfer over to the nba where hell be facing elite athletes evrynight. He is in a good situation though to put up big numbers.

Williams- He’ll show that he can be a franchise player, forcing Minny to trade Beasley. Besides Love and a very young Wes Johnson and Rubio this team is not very talented so Willianms should get plenty of PT.

Kanter- Potentially the best player in the draft, he’ll remind everyone why he got so much hype after sitting.

Irving- I can see some huge problems potentially depending what happens with Davis but he’s gonna put up good numbers regardless.

Leonard/Faried- Two guys who wont have huge point totals but theyll bring big time defense and rebounding to their teams. Each should be on the court a lot next year.

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

wow are you serious, you don’t have Derrick Williams on this team??? But you have a guy who isn’t even going to play in the NBA this year. Niiiiiiiice

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

wow are you serious, you don’t have Derrick Williams on this team??? But you have a guy who isn’t even going to play in the NBA this year. Niiiiiiiice

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

marshon brooks will be on 1st or 2nd all rookie team !

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

marshon brooks will be on 1st or 2nd all rookie team !

iguapops420
    Participant

Irving- Will be forced into good numbers. I expect something like 14,3,6 assuming he starts ahead of Diddy’s huge contract.

Marshon- Avery seems somewhat expecting of Brooks to start next season if nobody significant is picked up in F/A. I see a guy who can put up 14,3,2.

Vesely-Too many easy transition points and off ball cuts not to make it here. 

Faried-Im expecting this guy to be the starting 4 from day 1 with Chandler getting heavy minutes off the bench. He’ll be able to pick up right where K-Mart left off with strong rebound per-minute numbers.

Kanter-Assuming he get’s to start, I figure 12 and 10 aren’t out of the question.

———————————————————————————————–

2nd team

Walker-May not start so I can’t quite assume that he’ll have quite the numbers to be a 1st teamer.

Knight-He’s gonna have a solid year assuming he starts also, but given his lack of true pg abilities at this stage of his career, the strong scoring numbers won’t be able to supllant the low assists and high turnovers I’m expecting.

Shumpert-Don’t be surprised to see him on this list similar to Fields last year as I fully expect him to take the starting job from Fields this year as his athleticism and defense is a better fit in the starting lineup. If he can shoot the way he has in workouts having a more open offense and less self-creation you could actually see a very surpring year. 9,4,3,2 with potential for higher.

D.Williams(AZ)- Too much talent and abilities to not get enough pt. I expect something like 11 and 4 off the bench. If traded these numbers could go up to closer to 16&6.

Vucevic-Not sure but I really see this guy as having a decent season as he is really the only big man who has the size and toughness downlow. Between Hawes and Nikola, I’d see Vucevic winning this battle. I’d expect something like 9 and 6 in around 22-24 minutes. 

iguapops420
    Participant

Irving- Will be forced into good numbers. I expect something like 14,3,6 assuming he starts ahead of Diddy’s huge contract.

Marshon- Avery seems somewhat expecting of Brooks to start next season if nobody significant is picked up in F/A. I see a guy who can put up 14,3,2.

Vesely-Too many easy transition points and off ball cuts not to make it here. 

Faried-Im expecting this guy to be the starting 4 from day 1 with Chandler getting heavy minutes off the bench. He’ll be able to pick up right where K-Mart left off with strong rebound per-minute numbers.

Kanter-Assuming he get’s to start, I figure 12 and 10 aren’t out of the question.

———————————————————————————————–

2nd team

Walker-May not start so I can’t quite assume that he’ll have quite the numbers to be a 1st teamer.

Knight-He’s gonna have a solid year assuming he starts also, but given his lack of true pg abilities at this stage of his career, the strong scoring numbers won’t be able to supllant the low assists and high turnovers I’m expecting.

Shumpert-Don’t be surprised to see him on this list similar to Fields last year as I fully expect him to take the starting job from Fields this year as his athleticism and defense is a better fit in the starting lineup. If he can shoot the way he has in workouts having a more open offense and less self-creation you could actually see a very surpring year. 9,4,3,2 with potential for higher.

D.Williams(AZ)- Too much talent and abilities to not get enough pt. I expect something like 11 and 4 off the bench. If traded these numbers could go up to closer to 16&6.

Vucevic-Not sure but I really see this guy as having a decent season as he is really the only big man who has the size and toughness downlow. Between Hawes and Nikola, I’d see Vucevic winning this battle. I’d expect something like 9 and 6 in around 22-24 minutes. 

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Where is Chu Chu?

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Where is Chu Chu?

DanEboy
    Participant

I just hope Kemba can carry the Bobcats to the 15th best record in the league.

DanEboy
    Participant

I just hope Kemba can carry the Bobcats to the 15th best record in the league.

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

Where is Alec Burks?

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

Where is Alec Burks?

Memphis Madness
    Participant

1st team

Derrick Williams (ROY)
    Enes Kanter
    Kemba Walker (sleeper ROY pick)
    Jimmer Fredette
    Jan Vesely

2nd Team

Kyrie Irving
    Ricky Rubio (sleeper pick for 1st team, should lead rookies in assists)
    Brandon Knight
    Alec Burks
    Klay Thompson (could get inflated stats on the Warriors)

best of the rest: Kawhi Leonard (not sure he gets the stats, but should be one of the most effective rookies), Tristan Thompson (might struggle early and then put up solid stats), Markeiff Morris, Chris Singleton (might be more of an impact guy than a stats guy), Marshon Brooks, Bismack Biyombo

Memphis Madness
    Participant

1st team

Derrick Williams (ROY)
    Enes Kanter
    Jimmer Fredette
    Jan Vesely

2nd Team

Kyrie Irving
    Brandon Knight
    Alec Burks

best of the rest: Kawhi Leonard (not sure he gets the stats, but should be one of the most effective rookies), Tristan Thompson (might struggle early and then put up solid stats), Markeiff Morris, Chris Singleton (might be more of an impact guy than a stats guy), Marshon Brooks, Bismack Biyombo

Memphis Madness
    Participant

1st team

Derrick Williams (ROY)
    Enes Kanter
    Jimmer Fredette
    Jan Vesely

2nd Team

Kyrie Irving
    Brandon Knight
    Alec Burks

Memphis Madness
    Participant

1st team

Derrick Williams (ROY)
    Enes Kanter
    Jimmer Fredette
    Jan Vesely

2nd Team

Kyrie Irving
    Brandon Knight
    Alec Burks

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Sorry for the double post.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Sorry for the double post.

Mr. Jewboy
    Participant

more like a triple post

Mr. Jewboy
    Participant

more like a triple post

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Alec Burks and Leonard are going to the Spurs and Jazz 2 veteran teams that rarely plays rookies..So i dont expect them to see much time on the floor..And Knight have so many guards ahead of him..You can tell he was thinking about how and when will he be able to get playing time…

1st Team

Kyrie Irving..Rubio…Brooks..Kanter..Fredette

2nd Team

Tristan Thompson..Derrick Williams..Norris Cole..Jonas V…Jordan Williams

Rookie Of the Year- Ricky Rubio

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Alec Burks and Leonard are going to the Spurs and Jazz 2 veteran teams that rarely plays rookies..So i dont expect them to see much time on the floor..And Knight have so many guards ahead of him..You can tell he was thinking about how and when will he be able to get playing time…

1st Team

Kyrie Irving..Rubio…Brooks..Kanter..Fredette

2nd Team

Tristan Thompson..Derrick Williams..Norris Cole..Jonas V…Jordan Williams

Rookie Of the Year- Ricky Rubio

kobyz
    Participant

1st team

Kemba Walker
    Kyrie Irving
    Brandon Knight
    Tristan Thompson
    Derrick Williams

2nd Team

Ricky Rubio
    Jimmer Fredette 
    David Lighty(i have him sign with the Bobcats and produce)
    Kenneth Faried
    JaJuan Johnson

kobyz
    Participant

1st team

Kemba Walker
    Kyrie Irving
    Brandon Knight
    Tristan Thompson
    Derrick Williams

2nd Team

Ricky Rubio
    Jimmer Fredette 
    David Lighty(i have him sign with the Bobcats and produce)
    Kenneth Faried
    JaJuan Johnson

providencefriars1
    Participant

Jajuan Johnson is not going to get much time with Davis, Green, Garnett, Oneal, and another potential signee in the frontcourt.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Jajuan Johnson is not going to get much time with Davis, Green, Garnett, Oneal, and another potential signee in the frontcourt.

fennisdembo
    Participant

without a doubt it will be

irving

williams

rubio

vesely

vucevic

fennisdembo
    Participant

without a doubt it will be

irving

williams

rubio

vesely

vucevic

Captain_Charisma
    Participant

1st team

Enes Kanter: Utah 15 ppg 7 rpg

Derrick Williams: Minnesota 18 ppg 6 rpg

Marcus Morris: Houston 13 ppg 6 rpg

Alec Burks: Utah 16 ppg 3 apg

Jimmer Fredette: Sacramento 15 ppg 3 apg

2nd team

Jan Vesely: Washington 13 ppg 6 rpg

Trey Thompkins: Los Angeles Clippers 11 ppg 6 rpg

Jordan Hamilton: Denver 14 ppg 4 rpg

Klay Thompson: Golden State 14 ppg 2 apg

Brandon Knight: Detroit 13 ppg 3 apg

Captain_Charisma
    Participant

1st team

Enes Kanter: Utah 15 ppg 7 rpg

Derrick Williams: Minnesota 18 ppg 6 rpg

Marcus Morris: Houston 13 ppg 6 rpg

Alec Burks: Utah 16 ppg 3 apg

Jimmer Fredette: Sacramento 15 ppg 3 apg

2nd team

Jan Vesely: Washington 13 ppg 6 rpg

Trey Thompkins: Los Angeles Clippers 11 ppg 6 rpg

Jordan Hamilton: Denver 14 ppg 4 rpg

Klay Thompson: Golden State 14 ppg 2 apg

Brandon Knight: Detroit 13 ppg 3 apg

JoeWolf1

Captain Charisma, if those were their actual rookie stats this would be considered one of the strongest classes in years, when it is in fact one of the weakest.  Not very often a rookie class will come in and pump out that kind of production where 10 guys broke double digit scoring.

2010-2011 – 4 double digit scorers

2009-2010 – 8

2008-2009 – 13

2007-2008 – 6

2006-2007 -5

2005-2006 -5

2004-2005 -7

That’s only one class out of the last 7 to have more than 8 double digit rookie scorers.  I think this class at the very most has about 6 or 7.

Captain_Charisma
      Participant

how do you know this is one of the worst classes ever? We have not seen any of these guys play in the NBA so wait before you say this class just because other people say it sucks. But as far as the stats go, your right, but hey it’s just a guess, what evs….

Captain_Charisma
      Participant

how do you know this is one of the worst classes ever? We have not seen any of these guys play in the NBA so wait before you say this class just because other people say it sucks. But as far as the stats go, your right, but hey it’s just a guess, what evs….

JoeWolf1

Captain Charisma, if those were their actual rookie stats this would be considered one of the strongest classes in years, when it is in fact one of the weakest.  Not very often a rookie class will come in and pump out that kind of production where 10 guys broke double digit scoring.

2010-2011 – 4 double digit scorers

2009-2010 – 8

2008-2009 – 13

2007-2008 – 6

2006-2007 -5

2005-2006 -5

2004-2005 -7

That’s only one class out of the last 7 to have more than 8 double digit rookie scorers.  I think this class at the very most has about 6 or 7.

TheBigEasy
    Participant

@ Captain Charisma I think that those numbers are quite high for a rookie class. I wouldn´t mind though, but I don´t see it happen.

Nevertheless I am really rooting for this class to be successful because of all the (maybe rightfully so) critique on this class. Always rooting for the underdog!

TheBigEasy
    Participant

@ Captain Charisma I think that those numbers are quite high for a rookie class. I wouldn´t mind though, but I don´t see it happen.

Nevertheless I am really rooting for this class to be successful because of all the (maybe rightfully so) critique on this class. Always rooting for the underdog!

kevnix5
    Participant

1st Team

Ricky Rubio – will lead all rookies in assists

Kyrie Irving – will win ROY

Derrick Williams – T’Wolves will find him minutes and he will produce

Jan Vesely – will get the minutes on a weak Wizards team and his game matches well with Wall

Brandon Knight – I think him and Stuckey can play together in the backcourt.

2nd team

Marshon Brooks – should get minutes alongside Deron and put up decent numbers

Klay Thompson – should put up double digit points on the Warriors

Jimmer Fredette – guy can obviously shoot and will get some run with Tyreke in the backcourt.

Kemba Walker – will win the starting spot around the all-star break probably and numbers will pick up

Enes Kanter – this completely depends on whether or not he gets minutes. If Jefferson gets hurt he could be a lock here.

kevnix5
    Participant

1st Team

Ricky Rubio – will lead all rookies in assists

Kyrie Irving – will win ROY

Derrick Williams – T’Wolves will find him minutes and he will produce

Jan Vesely – will get the minutes on a weak Wizards team and his game matches well with Wall

Brandon Knight – I think him and Stuckey can play together in the backcourt.

2nd team

Marshon Brooks – should get minutes alongside Deron and put up decent numbers

Klay Thompson – should put up double digit points on the Warriors

Jimmer Fredette – guy can obviously shoot and will get some run with Tyreke in the backcourt.

Kemba Walker – will win the starting spot around the all-star break probably and numbers will pick up

Enes Kanter – this completely depends on whether or not he gets minutes. If Jefferson gets hurt he could be a lock here.

Tobe Bryant
    Participant

Is it a POSSIBILITY that Darius Morris sees the floor more than Kyrie Irving? They do still have both Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions, not to mention Daniel Gibson. The Lakers have an absolute need for youth at the position that Morris plays. In this case, Irving was just the BPA in Cleveland’s eyes.

Tobe Bryant
    Participant

Is it a POSSIBILITY that Darius Morris sees the floor more than Kyrie Irving? They do still have both Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions, not to mention Daniel Gibson. The Lakers have an absolute need for youth at the position that Morris plays. In this case, Irving was just the BPA in Cleveland’s eyes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login